PDA

View Full Version : Red Dead Redemption

Kunoichi
02-18-2011, 10:34 PM
This game is sweet, I mean aside from being killed by mountain lions (@#$% mountain lions) it's a blast. I'm really impressed with the detail in the graphics too, not bad at all.

Anyone else played it?

Draco Uchiha
02-18-2011, 10:42 PM
I've played it, never been killed by a mountain lion.

Kunoichi
02-18-2011, 10:55 PM
heh, give it time, it's unavoidable. And if the SOB doesn't kill you he takes out your horse

Draco Uchiha
02-18-2011, 10:58 PM
nah, just take a few pistol shots to his head and it's gone. now the wolves have tooken my wolf once, but thats about it.

Vatanui AKA Pride
02-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Ever took out a zombie bear/zombie boar herd with a dynamite? You haven't? Suckers.

Memitim
02-19-2011, 12:06 AM
I haven't played since the zombie hooker stole my unicorn http://i55.tinypic.com/2cwsks9.jpg

Kunoichi
02-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Ever took out a zombie bear/zombie boar herd with a dynamite? You haven't? Suckers.

Yeah yeah you've got the biggest joystick I get it. :roll:

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
02-19-2011, 12:08 AM
i played it...was pretty cool

Vatanui AKA Pride
02-19-2011, 12:19 AM
Yeah yeah you've got the biggest joystick I get it. :roll:
Joystick? Err, wut?

Although seriously, Red Dead Redemption is an amazing game.

Vex
02-19-2011, 12:45 PM
I really need to rent/buy this.

Kunoichi
02-19-2011, 12:49 PM
You really should, you can kill anything, like anything, in the game.

Edit: oh and it's worth it for some of the dialogue scenes too, the phrase "when someone tells me to ___ off in a singsong voice, it always concerns me boy-o" pops up atleast once

garra12345
02-19-2011, 12:51 PM
PLAYEd it!!!!!!!

ChaosInuYasha
02-23-2011, 01:10 PM
I played it and got a Platinum in it. Now I'm just replaying story mode with cheats. I wont get UN even though I do wanna ride the 4 horses of the Apocolypse, Unicorn and hunt Sasquatches.

Vex
02-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Rented it, I return it Saturday! D:

It's kinda boring but I'm not even that far, school is gettin' in the way. I just finished the part where I tame the runaway stallion and get to keep it, LOL. I was trying to find my way back and fell off a cliff and killed it.

Kill horse. Skin dead horse. REGRET NOTHING.

No but really, am I the first one to say the horse... riding controls/maneuvering friggin' SUCKS? Man it's confusing, I get bucked all the time.
And when you're trying to capture a wild horse, does it say roll the left analog stick in circular motion? I don't have my glasses and can't read the text. :cry:

Kunoichi
02-23-2011, 04:45 PM

It's kinda boring but I'm not even that far, school is gettin' in the way. I just finished the part where I tame the runaway stallion and get to keep it, LOL. I was trying to find my way back and fell off a cliff and killed it.

No but really, am I the first one to say the horse... riding controls/maneuvering friggin' SUCKS? Man it's confused, I get bucked all the time.
And when you're trying to capture a wild horse, does it say roll the left analog stick in circular motion? I don't have my glasses and can't read the text. :cry:
Yeah the riding controls took me awhile to get used to too, it gets easier though.
As far as the lasso goes, it should be just like when you fire your gun, same controls. It should still be auto targeting for you at this point, after that you shoot/throw lasso and hold it down while you get off your horse, if you don't hold it down while you're dismounting the horse usually gets away. Try practicing on people, random strangers in the desert are great target practice ;)

Vatanui AKA Pride
02-23-2011, 04:55 PM

No but really, am I the first one to say the horse... riding controls/maneuvering friggin' SUCKS? Man it's confused, I get bucked all the time.
Even if you kill your horse, wait a few minutes and call a new one back. It should work, definitely if you have a deed.

There is a stamina bar on the left when you get on the horse. Use up that stamina, and the horse will buck you. You can however refill the stamina by holding A while you run, or use apples to refill it instantly.

Also, horses' speed, stamina, and control all depend on the breed of horse. Although the light-tan one you broke while helping out Bonnie is automatically one of the best (normal)horses in the game.

No. When you try to break a wild horse, you have to balance yourself by the left analog stick. Basically, you roll it either left or right. It should be simple about now, and all that's left is a test of time.

ShineeSixx
02-24-2011, 04:00 PM
I have played this game to death...literally. I have massacred each town like 20 times, and I have undead redemption. I've done every bad thing you can imagine in this game...Awesome Game!

ChaosInuYasha
02-24-2011, 06:25 PM
So who else has the DLC packs (minus UN). I ask cause I may try to get the Co-Op trophies or the Liars and Cheats trophies sometime. Though "Put the Posse on a Pedestal" will be long and tedious assuming I don't get booted due to a connection issue.

ChaosInuYasha
04-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Sorry to bump an old thread but the DLC edition of the pre-order items comes out Tuesday (Golden Guns, Deadly Assassin outfit and Warhorse). Each of them are $.99

Proof: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/15141/red-dead-redemption-deadly-assassin-outfit-golden-guns-weapon-pa.html

Sub-Zero
04-10-2011, 07:50 AM
Old Thread but a great game.

Don't blame you for bringing up a old thread.

CrackFat
04-10-2011, 07:51 AM
I crave for this game.

ChaosInuYasha
04-10-2011, 01:26 PM
I crave for this game.

Then get it. It's only 30-40 bucks new.

CrackFat
04-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Then get it. It's only 30-40 bucks new.

I know. But my brother always takes the PS3 with him. It'd be a shame to own it but never get to properly play it.

ChaosInuYasha
04-12-2011, 07:55 PM
See this is why I have my own PS3.

Anyway in DLC news it seems Rockstar fixed the Golden Gun DL and now all guns are gold and not just the Cattleman Revolver and Carbine Repeater. I know this as I have a Winchester Repeater, Volcanic Pistol and Double Barrel Shotgun and they are all golden.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
04-12-2011, 08:23 PM
ive played a bit of this game
was pretty cool