PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that gay people should be treated the same as straight people?

Sasuke90
02-14-2011, 06:29 PM
Debate about the topic.

sakura_blossom
02-14-2011, 06:31 PM
*starts ranting*
They should. You don't hear gays going around saying "Ew You're straight." They're people too. Just because they're attracted to different things doesn't mean they aren't. :/

Sasuke90
02-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Yeah and some people who call others gay could be gay themselves just saying.

Vivi
02-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Of course.

Different Sexual Orientation doesn't make a Person more or less Human.

xxPainxx
02-14-2011, 06:33 PM
der. yes. they may be different in ways but they are no different then people that are straight right?

OnyxBlossom
02-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Of course; why treat people any differently just because of their orientation? They're still people, after all. Why should we shun this group of people for being homosexual, and treat this group with respect for being straight?

Eli Goldsworthy
02-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Yes I do, because everyone should be treated equally.

Bacon
02-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Yes,but they would have to move far away from me. >.>

/prejudice
/prejudice
/prejudice
/prejudice
/fear
/prejudice
:lol:

Maikeru D. Shinigami
02-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Yes, they should.

SixPathsofPainDeva
02-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Yes, regardless of someones lifestyle them being a human being will never change. Everyone should be treated the same no matter what

GenFlower12
02-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Yes but it would probably be years before people start opening their eyes and seeing that nobody is better or worse than them.We are all equal,we all share birth,at least some life,and we share death.Why bother being rude to people who are "different" from you if life is hard anyway?No need to make it more miserable than it already is.

Sai's brother
02-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Of course =3

/Agrees with reasons above

catwings11
02-14-2011, 08:46 PM
People who are gay, Bi, Straight.. doesn't matter. They are all the same. I have many friends that are Gay and Bi and
straight I love them to pieces, Equaly. You shouldn't be treated differently just because your attracted to different genders or the same. People are people and should be treated the same:3

Bi's Gay's, People who are straight. Rock(: Love them alll.

alex1231
02-14-2011, 08:49 PM
They should but some of the gay community like exaggerate in way like they say they are gay without anybody asking. I'm cool with gay people and respect them it's just i wouldnt want to guys to make out at a park where little kids are at.

Sai's brother
02-14-2011, 08:49 PM
@cat ~ Don't forget the Transsexuals. :3

Sai's brother
02-14-2011, 08:52 PM
They should but some of the gay community like exaggerate in way like they say they are gay without anybody asking. I'm cool with gay people and respect them it's just i wouldn't want two guys to make out at a park where little kids are at.
*Fixed. I believe that's what you meant.

And yeah. The kids should just learn about the LGBT community, it shouldn't be push aside from them, ignored, shunned. Etc.

alex1231
02-14-2011, 08:55 PM
yeah but they are kids and they're like camera's what they see is what they do i say they should be exposed to this when they are going through their teen years when they are deciding what they like and dont like.

OnyxBlossom
02-14-2011, 08:57 PM
*Fixed. I believe that's what you meant.

And yeah. The kids should just learn about the LGBT community, it shouldn't be push aside from them, ignored, shunned. Etc.
I think it would do a good thing to let them know there isn't just one certain couple, and that all types should be openly welcome, even though it currently isn't.

However, there might be some people who are against LGBT, and would refuse to let them learn about it, should it ever be allowed. :\ Then there's the issue of showing it to kids who don't even know what having a real crush or being in love is; that would cause problems with parents and the like.

Sai's brother
02-14-2011, 08:58 PM
yeah but they are kids and they're like camera's what they see is what they do i say they should be exposed to this when they are going through their teen years when they are deciding what they like and dont like.
I'm not gonna fix it XD

So they SHOULD be exposed huh? XD

But no really. They should just learn whenever they can imo :/

alex1231
02-14-2011, 09:00 PM
/epic fail
they should be exposed but when they are ready mentally so they aren't insecure of what they like when the time comes

Sai's brother
I think it would do a good thing to let them know there isn't just one certain couple, and that all types should be openly welcome, even though it currently isn't.

However, there might be some people who are against LGBT, and would refuse to let them learn about it, should it ever be allowed. :\

Agreed. (and I had so many teachers say that only a boy and a girl are allowed to love and stuff. Even in middle school. My PE teacher banned boy/boy and girl/girl dancing partners [In the dance unit of course])

--
Well that's like saying I'm against straights (which I'm not). Lol just because someone doesn't like it doesn't mean it shouldn't be taught

OnyxBlossom
I'm not gonna fix it XD

So they SHOULD be exposed huh? XD

But no really. They should just learn whenever they can imo :/
lol.

They should. Definately; just not at such a young age. xD

Sai's brother
02-14-2011, 09:03 PM
/epic fail
they should be exposed but when they are ready mentally so they aren't insecure of what they like when the time comes
Epic fail...You couldn't tell it was partially a joke?
Kids these days are already exposed to everything. I know people in grade school who already know about the LGBT community. And isn't part of it and is mature enough to except them. And a bunch of other stuff. :/

alex1231
02-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Well thats what i think but we should all get along and hold hands and do what we want after all we live in America.

Sai's brother
02-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Well thats what i think but we should all get along and hold hands and do what we want after all we live in America.
America. A place filled with hate. We harass/segregated one group of people. And when they get full rights, we harass/segregate another group of people. :/

alex1231
02-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Well by stopping that we must unite and accept each other as we are and there are always going to be people who hate and judge.

Sai's brother
02-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Well by stopping that we must unite and accept each other as we are and there are always going to be people who hate and judge.
And the time for everyone to realize this is going to be a LOOONG time.

alex1231
02-14-2011, 09:14 PM
And the time to start is now................

alex1231
02-14-2011, 09:15 PM
vklxitF5_Ek

Sai's brother
02-14-2011, 09:16 PM
And the time to start is now................
Meh, it started a long time ago and is kinda ignored still....kinda

Though the music artists who make song(s) concerning this issue is helping out a ton. :3

alex1231
02-14-2011, 09:18 PM
well i give you props for what your doing....

Nābris
02-15-2011, 04:05 AM
Shame on the person who thinks people shouldn't be treated equally because of their sexual orientation.

It just shows how much of an intolerant, close-minded, and phobic person you are.

puppetmasterpossession
02-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Oh my god, I love this forum. Everyone here can see strait(no pun intended)!!!! I live in Utah so everyone here is all "Well it is a choice to be gay." I am like, "You RETARDS!! No, it isn't!"

So, I have come up with the solution to that argument. When people say "Being gay is choice." or what ever, just be like, "Well, when did yo choose to be strait?" That always shuts em' up :mrgreen:

UGH!!! Today in school this kid was saying that he wanted to kill all the gays in the world, and I was like "Ok, it is one thing to say that you don't think that being gay is good, it is a different thing to say you are gonna KILL them all!!!" So I got all up on his ass about that.

Sai's brother
02-16-2011, 05:44 AM
Oh my god, I love this forum. Everyone here can see strait(no pun intended)!!!! I live in Utah so everyone here is all "Well it is a choice to be gay." I am like, "You RETARDS!! No, it isn't!"

So, I have come up with the solution to that argument. When people say "Being gay is choice." or what ever, just be like, "Well, when did yo choose to be strait?" That always shuts em' up :mrgreen:

UGH!!! Today in school this kid was saying that he wanted to kill all the gays in the world, and I was like "Ok, it is one thing to say that you don't think that being gay is good, it is a different thing to say you are gonna KILL them all!!!" So I got all up on his ass about that.

Retards :3

I usually say something like "Are you gay? how would you know?" lol i heard it somewhere. X3

I had someone say he would kill all of the gays in the world, then watch lesbian sex. Such an idiot. That guy was so similar

Uchiha Raimaru
02-16-2011, 06:50 AM
Do I agree with the homosexual lifestyle?

No.

Does that give me the right to treat homosexuals any differently?

No.

catwings11
02-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Sai's Brother: Haha Yea, I didn't put them in there, I thought about it though :3 But Yesh, They should be treated all the same :3!!!

Maikeru D. Shinigami
02-16-2011, 06:55 AM
Honestly anyone who thinks they shouldn't be treated like any other person, can choke on their own lungs.

catwings11
02-16-2011, 07:01 AM
I don't think they need to die but I do think they need some sense knocked into there brains.

Shooting Star
02-16-2011, 07:02 AM
Whether they're gay, bissexual, lesbic, straight, black, white, yellow, red, blue or even transsexual, they should always be treated the same way.

puppetmasterpossession
02-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Retards :3

I usually say something like "Are you gay? how would you know?" lol i heard it somewhere. X3

I had someone say he would kill all of the gays in the world, then watch lesbian sex. Such an idiot. That guy was so similar

Such an idiot. People are so dumb.

Aizen Sosuke
02-16-2011, 04:44 PM
yes just because they're into their own sex doesn't mean that they're any less human then us

The Shady Ninja
02-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Why shouldn't they be treated any different?

hinata112343
04-20-2011, 05:37 AM
yea they should be treated the same way cuz why would people treat gays different then wat the treat strights.

Merechan
04-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Of course they should. Their sexual orientation doesn't make them any less human, it's just an aspect of their personality that they can't change anymore than homophobes can change the ignorant aspect of theirs.

Personally, I love gay boys. :3 This may wreak havoc upon my love life in the future though.

Maybe I'll find a nice bisexual boy. ^^

Ino's Girl
04-25-2011, 06:19 PM
yes..

Fliparrachii
04-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Yea, Duh!

LoneTophat
04-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Equal rights for all mankind. Kthxbai. 'Nuff said bro.

Ino's Girl
04-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Equal rights for all mankind. Kthxbai. 'Nuff said bro.

word xD

Sorrende
04-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Gay people are just that.

People.

Let's treat them as such.

ItachiAnbu
04-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Debate about the topic.

They shouldn't be treated unfairly, but no one person is quite like another, so should any two people really be treated equally? Maybe not.

Even so, humans should not be treated poorly based upon their sexuality.

chidoriroar
05-01-2011, 04:57 AM
if i speak my mind im just gonna get de repped by some people who wont let a person speak his mind so i should just shut up, whenever i comment on this subject i usually end up in the red for a long time.

im hoping this time will be different. no because some people dont like being hit on by someone of the same gender and they dont like to see two boys kissing in public, if someone keeps it to themself without spreading it then its okay, but if they start calling
people to do what they do then they shouldbe isolated together just like sexual predators (who happen to be people) to avoid offending others. im not talking about all homos, just the predators who look for young people and turn them gay. also itsnota pretty site to see.

still not saying anything about not being treated fairly but they shouldnt try to influence others, same goes for straits who harass people they should also be isolated.

chidoriroar
05-01-2011, 05:22 AM
Yes,but they would have to move far away from me. >.>

/prejudice
/prejudice
/prejudice
/prejudice
/fear
/prejudice
:lol:
just what im saying, i had some lesbian nieghbors but they didntbother us one bit so itwas no big deal

Sai's brother
05-04-2011, 06:09 AM
if i speak my mind im just gonna get de repped by some people who wont let a person speak his mind so i should just shut up, whenever i comment on this subject i usually end up in the red for a long time.

im hoping this time will be different.
No because some people don't like being hit on by someone of the same gender 1. They can tell them they're not interested and they should stop. 2. Also some people don't like being hit on by the other gender. Or either gender.
and they don't like to see two boys kissing in public So? They can get over it.
if someone keeps it to themselves without spreading it then its okay If someone keeps their homophobia or other hatred to a group of people for no damn reason (or a real reason) that would be great too but if they start calling people to do what they do then they should be isolated together dafuk just like sexual predators (who happen to be people) to avoid offending others People get offended by anything you know. im not talking about all homos, just the predators who look for young people and turn them gay. Homosexuality isn't a choice. also its not a pretty site to see. Have you actually seen it?

still not saying anything about not being treated fairly but they shouldn't try to influence others, same goes for straits who harass people they should also be isolated.

Bold.
/lazy