PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Naruto's shortcuts to become a great ninja...

Vlady
02-01-2011, 05:55 PM
At the second chapter Naruto told to Konohamaru that there are not shortcuts to become a great ninja, maybe not with the same words but something like that...

But this statement seems not apply to Naruto himself...

The first Naruto's shortcut was his approval at Ninja Academy… He wasn’t approved at the test of Bushin no Jutso… So he should do the academy again, but no… By stolen the forbidden jutso’s parchment and taught the Kage Bushin no Jutso (ok… I know that this is a much more hard jutso to learn, but this is not the point…) he goat his approval…

Second shortcut… Rasen-shuriken no jutso… To create this jutso he should train a lot, maybe for years… But the Kage Bushin was the shortcut… No more explanations are needed…

Third one… Senin Mode… Once again the Kage Bushin’s shortcut…

And now… He is not able to get into Biju Mode, so he shouldn’t be able to do the Bijudama… But the Rasengan itself is now the shortcut, cause even without the Biju Mode he will learn de Bijudama…

I’m not against how everything happened… Just not agree that Naruto follows what he said… Or maybe he has a different concept of shortcuts…

EvL j3st3r
02-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Right at the end of you're post is kind of what I'm thinking....."different concept".

In a way you're right. It was a shortcut. But it was simply shortcuts that save time. I think Naruto was referring more to shortcuts that save effort when he said that to Konohamaru.

In other words, Naruto has been able to do things in a way that somewhat sped up his progression.....BUT.......Tho it saved him time, he got no break on the effort and hardwork he had to put forth. You might say he had to put forth extra effort to save that time.

JazzJunkie4
02-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Sorry my response is below, I hit the wrong button

JazzJunkie4
02-01-2011, 08:48 PM
No matter what method he used (shadow clones or no shadow clones) he still payed his dues. He did not exactly learn rasen shuriken over night, even with the shadow clones. His training method is basically train untill you lose consciousness or someone stops you so you don't die. The way he learned the shadow clone jutsu was mainly plot oriented, but still there is no way you can say naruto hasn't payed his dues. If he is not fighting someone he is either training or eating ramen so he can train more. Saying that being able to do a rasengan is a shortcut to learning the bijuu ball is far off from the truth. First off, do you remember how hard he worked just to learn the rasengan? It wasn't even untill part 2 that he perfected it. So saying that naruto having worked hard in the past so he wouldn't have to do that work in the present is a shortcut is not true. Same amount of work, different points in time. Even with the rasengan, the bijuu ball is proving difficult to learn so it is safe to say that he has no shortcut with that technique either. Shadow clones are not a shortcut in terms of the amount of work you must do. In terms of time, yes, obviously that is a shortcut. However, that is not what naruto meant when he said there are no shortcuts. He meant that if you want to be the strongest, you have to train the hardest and constantly test yourself no exceptions. Besides, do we really want to sit through 300 chapters of naruto trying to cut a leaf in half?

OnyxBlossom
02-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Iruka saw the talent he had with the clones during then. He knew the test wasn't needed as Naruto showed to have more clones than any student who participated. It wasn't that he used a forbidden technique...it was how he used it.

For the RS...how much chakra do you think was used up using his clones and doing all that work? Tons, even if he has a huge amount. It saved time, like EvL said, but he used a huge amount of effort and ended up learning it faster.

It's like running in a race; if you don't put forth effort, you won't win. Use the energy and effort you need, and you'll end up winning or being a runner-up. But using too much causes you to lose energy and you lose the race, therefore, if you do lose, you work harder to make sure you win next time.

Sage Mode was also using up tons of chakra and energy. It might've looked like a shortcut, but he saved time (once again an important aspect) and learned it through being faithful about going through that hellish training.

I have no idea what the Bijudama is...so no say on that one, lol.

I don't think he was talking about shortcuts like, "Oh, I'm gunna try to learn jutsus the easy way: not doing anything and hope they come to me!!!!one11" No. He has to -once again- be faithful about learning his techniques. Otherwise he doesn't get stronger.

Well, I don't know what I'm talking about...since I stopped reading the manga long ago. Hopefully what I'm saying is close to right. xD

SilentBlade
02-01-2011, 09:32 PM
I mean, the first one, I suppose, though he showed a mastery beyond what he would have had to in order to be pushed a head.

The arguements based on the Shadow clones are kind of moot. I mean it's an unconventional method to shorten time, and it's a method that only he could use. Time is a contraint placed on how long it takes the average ninja to master certain thing using the best possible training techniques. Lets face it, he used the best possible techniques and was able to cut that time constrait, however no one simply GAVE him the jutsu, nor did anyone tell him how to change the nature of the Rasengan, he sorted all that himself.

It's not a short cut to use the resources that are presented to you, or that you have in order to achieve your own goals, in fact it's pointless to not, and counter productive.

Authentic
02-01-2011, 09:51 PM
ANd plus when he used shadow clone jutsu to cut the leaf when he was training there was side effects like all the stress of all the clones will coming rushing back to him when he cancels them all and the physical strain and mental

Phariah824
02-02-2011, 03:49 AM
he had problems making a regular clone. was tricked into stealling the scroll. he studied a far more advanced jutsu than he was learning an worked hard doin it.

rasengan. he sped up his learning curve by his use of shadow clones and the fact he could realize the experience from tham all. again alotta hard work and he had help from Yamamoto to keep him under control.

Sage Mode. he worked hard day and night to learn the skill not just 6-7 hours a day at a calm pace, but through hard work.

a short cut is something that makes it easier and quicker doin less work. he doesn't use short cuts in fact he works even harder doin his training than any other Ninja. his shadow clones just shorten the training time. he still busted his butt doin the training it wasn't easy. so no i don't think it is valid calling his training a true short cut.

zerosameri
02-02-2011, 01:44 PM
1stly (lmao) Naruto got cheats at everything thanks to PNJ and 2ndly (lmao) the series in called Naruto, so of cores he got cheats.

SilentBlade
02-02-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't really understand, he didn't necessarily get "cheats" it was the ability he was born with. I mean after all the stuff that's been established, there really isn't a PNJ, it was explained that the Uzumaki clan could tie directly in to Rikudo Sennin, it was explained that his chakra was very plentiful, even with the amount being used to supresses the Kyuubi.

I think the plot explains it quite well, though the amount of power he's got is quite high, it does have an explaination.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
02-02-2011, 04:10 PM
welll...i was thinking the same...using clones is kinda like a shortcut....
but, he may be thinking of other ways

EvL j3st3r
02-02-2011, 07:05 PM
agrees with SB