PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: How to use Reputation; The Good and The Bad

Chidori Shuriken
07-02-2009, 05:21 PM
This is my Reputation FAQ. I am Chidori Shuriken, and I am happy to help you guys in this whole Reputation thing.

Here is a link of HOW to give Reputation and what it is, with all the courtsy of Toma RNK, who has 200+ Reputation.

http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5079

WHAT TO GIVE REPUTATION ON
1:If you find a post helpful.
2:If you find a post funny.
3:If someone helps you and you can't find the post that they helped you in, just pick one of their random posts and give Rep for that post. Just make sure they know, by putting it in the reason of why you gave the post Rep.
4:If they deserve it in their most helpful posts.(Toma RNK, Vidda Hatake, the wonderful Mods who moderate this site).

WHAT POSTS TO DEDUCT REP ON
1:If the post gives false information. This includes lying.
2:If the post is generally rude towards one person.
3:If the person is being an idiot ON PURPOSE just to get on someones nerves.
4:Other. Please ask me if it's okay about this, and why you are gonna dock someones Rep.

WHAT POSTS TO NOT DEDUCT REP ON
1: Don't deduct Rep if you don't like one person. This might get you in trouble.
2: Don't do it just because you are in a bad mood, or to make someone feel bad.
3: Don't do it because they have high Rep and you want them to have lower Rep than you. This proves that you are jealous of the person.
4: Don't deduct it from the Moderators. If you do, they'll dock 50 Rep from you. ^_^
5: Don't do it because they are stating their opinion, and you have a different opinion.
Have any questions about Reputation? Contact me via PM.

Also, don't go along with Rep whoring. You'll get in trouble.

Another thing, DON'T GIVE PEOPLE REP BECAUSE THEY ASK FOR IT. They must earn it.

Sincerely,

Chidori Shuriken

brooksey
07-02-2009, 05:27 PM
yup totally agree

Chidori Shuriken
07-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Thank you! ^_^

Hawk
07-02-2009, 05:30 PM
I agree too

Toma RNK
07-02-2009, 05:35 PM
You might want to add that docking rep because someone disagrees with you or has a different set of beliefs is terribly bad form.

You also may want to add that reping someone down in "retaliation" is very bad form and you can be reported to the mods for it.

Otherwise not bad at all!

Edit2: Saying to give people like me or vidda rep just cause of who we are is silly. Everyone has to earn their rep. I don't want people giving me rep just cause it's "the thing to do."

deidara330
07-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Nice FAQ! Very helpful.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
07-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Agreed with Toma. The few instances when you mention people giving you rep for this make it seem that that's your whole reason for doing this and you're hinting for them to do it. I'm not saying you are, but it makes it seem that way.

You may want to add something about "not giving debate reasons" or "failing to read debate reasons" are not good reasons to dock reputation. It seems to be a common thing.

Sage Mode
07-02-2009, 05:42 PM
The three requests for rep in the thread resemble rep whoring and then the last line after asking just makes it a seem a little much. Consider rewording, I would hate for someone to dock you after all the work just cause of that.

I told him so. :lol:

Toma RNK
07-02-2009, 05:45 PM
I told him so. :lol:

I really should have added reasons to my guide, but this post is good as it is minus the asking people to rep him 3 times then warning about rep whoring.

takuya
07-02-2009, 05:47 PM
maybe he did that so ppl would know about another thing not giving ppl rep cuz they ask for it

Toma RNK
07-02-2009, 05:47 PM
maybe he did that so ppl would know about another thing not giving ppl rep cuz they ask for it

I don't think he wrote the guide hoping people would give him neg rep.

takuya
07-02-2009, 05:49 PM
neither do i maybe he asked for rep so ppl can see a reason y not to give rep and that was part of his faq also

Toma RNK
07-02-2009, 05:50 PM
neither do i maybe he asked for rep so ppl can see a reason y not to give rep and that was part of his faq also

I don't know many people will think that hard, but you could be right.

takuya
07-02-2009, 05:51 PM
thanks plus i dont think he was serious about that giving rep for the faq thing cuz he put :lol: at the end so he was prolly kidding about that part

Gamabunta
07-02-2009, 05:52 PM
I'll give him rep. He deserves it either way.

Chidori Shuriken
07-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Oh, man. I feel horrible about my guide... TT_TT It came out horrible... I got two bad Reps...

Chidori Shuriken
07-03-2009, 06:54 AM
I hate myself... I asked for Rep too many times... And by accident!!!! TT_TT And it wasn't helpful either way...

Sage Mode
07-03-2009, 09:45 AM
I hate myself... I asked for Rep too many times... And by accident!!!! TT_TT And it wasn't helpful either way...

No, it is a helpful guide.

Maybe you weren't equating rep whoring with asking people for rep?

Chidori Shuriken
07-03-2009, 11:15 AM
No, it is a helpful guide.

Maybe you weren't equating rep whoring with asking people for rep?

And the fact that I didn't mean to make it come out like I wanted Reputation... And I wasn't aiming for that at all. I just wanted to be helpful.

Fan of Minato
07-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Well, you did not get that much rep, because(no offense, do not mean to be rude)
This was already done, sort of.
so, but yours showed it in a different angle.

Avenger
07-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Well at least he put consideration into making it.

Fan of Minato
07-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Yes yes he did, so his does take it in a different angle,
and it is true that the more the better,
so, his is good too.

Chidori Shuriken
07-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Well, you did not get that much rep, because(no offense, do not mean to be rude)
This was already done, sort of.
so, but yours showed it in a different angle.

None taken.

I wasn't aiming for Reputation, I was aiming for some more people to notice this, because people use the Reputation system inproperly.

Fan of Minato
07-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Yes I completely agree, I gave you rep,
for making this.

Gamabunta
07-03-2009, 12:27 PM
When you guys make threads like this you should show some more backbone and dignity. Don't apologize for making a good thread, it was helpful and informative.

If you get reputation, you get it. If you don't, you don't. Personally I'm more willing to give reputation to someone who is confident in their efforts.

Fan of Minato
07-03-2009, 12:29 PM
I agree with confidence,

Chidori Shuriken
07-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Well, I guess I lost my confidence when I lost some Rep, which makes me think that since not alot of people read this, about half of them gave me bad Rep. Two of them.

madara'
07-03-2009, 04:43 PM
I agree too
Same for me.

Naruto
07-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Nice FAQ.

kentaru
07-11-2009, 01:17 PM
you honestly deserve rep for that post

sasruto
07-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks for your help

Ero Sennin
07-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the help

jounin
07-17-2009, 08:50 PM
nice post, really helpfull

nano
08-15-2009, 11:08 PM
I have a question about docking rep...
would it be unfair to doc it when you catch someone excessivly post farming/double posting? I mean, some people post three or four times in a row, when they could easily just edit their first post instead. I know double posting isn't against this forum's rules but it's still annoying... Especially when it's evident they're just doing it for post count. (I once saw someone who was posting consecutively with "Only 4 posts to goooo!!" "3 more!" "2 more soo close!" "1 more, oh man!" "YAAY I'm a ___ rank now!!" "Woot go me!!")

So... you think it's fair to dock them for that?

Konoha'sGreenThunder
08-15-2009, 11:09 PM
I think it's certainly fair. Although, I would ask them to stop first and if they continued I'd then most likely downrep them.

The Demon Zabuza
08-15-2009, 11:10 PM
would it be unfair to doc it when you catch someone excessivly post farming/double posting? I mean, some people post three or four times in a row, when they could easily just edit their first post instead. I know double posting isn't against this forum's rules but it's still annoying... Especially when it's evident they're just doing it for post count. (I once saw someone who was posting consecutively with "Only 4 posts to goooo!!" "3 more!" "2 more soo close!" "1 more, oh man!" "YAAY I'm a ___ rank now!!" "Woot go me!!")

Definitely. That is the sort of thing that the rep system is for. Even triple posts are bad. If the content is good in all of them, then it doesn't count, but for the sort of scenario described there, negative rep is definitely the way to go.

Ashurii Kisate
08-21-2009, 07:52 PM
I give negative rep when someone is disrespectful, and not in a joking way, to anyone besides me.
I could care less if I had someone's respect.

nexthokage
08-21-2009, 08:13 PM
i agree with u and thanks a bunch

JCTKNE4E
09-04-2009, 06:00 AM

Sure isnt. They were posting simply to gain rank which is sorry and laughable. They clearly werent replying to anything, and lacked any substance whatsoever. If the rules say i cant do it, they cant do it either. Ranks are supposed to be earned. Otherwise, nothing is stopping me from become a jounin TODAY by posting five character posts nonstop and spamming threads.

^^^ Anyone multiposting is (in my opinion) is spamming, unless they keep it to an extreme minimum, and the reason why is evident. and 4 consecutive posts?!

Baseball rules
Strike one, try again
Strike two, be careful
strike three, you're out
strike four, what the hell were you doing swinging the bat AGAIN?! I SAID YOUR OUT!!!! *removed from field.

And Chidori shuriken, keep your head held high, this FAQ is very helpful, especially to someone new like me

jounin
09-04-2009, 06:02 AM
people need to use more rep, and should put what I have in my sig to help the cause

The Demon Zabuza
09-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Sure isnt. They were posting simply to gain rank which is sorry and laughable. They clearly werent replying to anything, and lacked any substance whatsoever. If the rules say i cant do it, they cant do it either. Ranks are supposed to be earned. Otherwise, nothing is stopping me from become a jounin TODAY by posting five character posts nonstop and spamming threads.

^^^ Anyone multiposting is (in my opinion) is spamming, unless they keep it to an extreme minimum, and the reason why is evident. and 4 consecutive posts?!

Baseball rules
Strike one, try again
Strike two, be careful
strike three, you're out
strike four, what the hell were you doing swinging the bat AGAIN?! I SAID YOUR OUT!!!! *removed from field.

And Chidori shuriken, keep your head held high, this FAQ is very helpful, especially to someone new like me

CS won't be able to hold his head high for a very very long time.

Sai9497
11-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the information!

SRhyse
11-22-2009, 10:27 AM
I love it when threads like this one come back from the dead at random :lol:.

The Demon Zabuza
11-22-2009, 10:29 AM
I loled.

Naruto
11-22-2009, 01:20 PM
I love it when threads like this one come back from the dead at random :lol:.
They bring back old memories.

Phoenix Wright
11-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Grr...... :evil:

You know what this means?

Grr...

GRAVEDIGGER!!!!!

Toma RNK
11-22-2009, 01:55 PM
I had over 200 rep when this was written, now I have just over 2000.

I love nostalgia threads.

ninja05
11-22-2009, 04:07 PM
If you want to give bad rep,press I DISAPPROVE and that will give them bad Rep.If you want to give good rep press I APPROVE and that will give them good rep.

Naruto
11-23-2009, 09:44 AM
If you want to give bad rep,press I DISAPPROVE and that will give them bad Rep.If you want to give good rep press I APPROVE and that will give them good rep.
We know that. This is an old thread.

Deadman 8234
01-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the info

Toma RNK
01-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Answered. Locked. Damn farmers.

Hidden Ninja45
01-09-2010, 11:43 AM
This coming from someone who got banned.....forever.

Nice guide either way.

Toma RNK
01-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Odd.. I said locked.... *click*