PDA

View Full Version : Kakashi vs Mei Terumi

Nyruss
01-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Powerscale as necessary. Fight takes place at the Kage summit main chambers, they start on opposite sides of the room.

Kamui is restricted. All other standard rules apply.

Should be a pretty even fight. Mei's got an advantage, but in open area the acid mist won't be as effective and Kakashi can use clones to help him dodge lava.

Pool
01-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Kakashi loves Make out tactics, Mei takes off her shirt. GG Kakashi.

But based on actual abilities I do think Mei would win.

Devil's Lawyer
01-01-2011, 08:48 PM
In that close of space Kakashi would uber blitz Mei. There was a major tactic of Sasuke's that was left out in the summit that has been ignored countless times genjutsu. Kakashi is also capable of performing Genjutsu. Not saying Mei can't counter it. I am saying she can't counter and stop a blitz from lightning hounds, ninja hound summonings, etc.

Nyruss
01-01-2011, 08:49 PM
I think the word you're looking for is Boil not Blaze, and that was in a confined area.

mikeiskewl922
01-02-2011, 05:28 AM
Is Mei fast enough to catch Kakashi? I mean cathcing up to tired Sasuke and still not hitting him isn't really a feat compared to Kakashi now at full health.
Although she may get him with her Mist, but i don't think her Lava will hit him.

Lady Tsunade
01-02-2011, 07:43 AM
Kakashi wins easily. The space is very enclosed and there isn't that much area to cover, a mere shunshin and Raikiri would end it. Mei has no reaction speed and so would die.

By hype she'd give him difficulty at best.

Michael/Michael
01-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Basically what LT said. While Mei is slutting it up, Kakashi uber blitzes and a Raikiri to the head. GG.

Nyruss
01-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Mei is at least as fast as Kakashi is, if not faster. Shunshin isn't going to win this for him. And the council chambers are are hardly very enclosed, it's a big place and in any event, an enclosed area would be more beneficial for Mei than it would be for Kakashi.

TheBlackChidori
01-02-2011, 03:04 PM
.....How can you assume that Mei is faster than Kakashi?

All she did was use acid on an extremely weakened Sasuke who just got done fighting 100 samurai, a raikage, his guards, Chojuro, Gaara, and whoever else got involved.

I believe Mei has the potential to win this fight, with a few more feats under her belt. For now, Kakashi has too many jutsu in his arsenal.

Nyruss
01-02-2011, 04:19 PM
She's a kage and there's no indication she got the position through nepotism like Tsunade did. For this reason she should be in league with A in speed.

TheBlackChidori
01-02-2011, 04:23 PM
That's the dumbest and most hypocritical thing I've ever heard.

We know that Yagura was cut down, and someone had to fill his spot. Clearly it was her.

She is exactly the same as Tsunade. Only Tsunade was chosen over ninja like Kakashi and Shikaku.

Nyruss
01-02-2011, 04:42 PM
The position of Kage normally goes to the strongest ninja. If Mei was elected as this leader it stands to reason that this is because she was the strongest. Yagura was not her father. There is nothing to indicate that she was elected because she was related to him(this is called nepotism if you weren't aware).

Tsunade was chosen because her grandfather was the 1st Hokage and her teacher was the Third and because she was a teammate to Jiraiya and Orochimaru, two tremendously powerful ninjas. She was not chosen on her own merits.

So, accompanying a bit of this really nifty thing called powerscaling, she should be in league with A and Onoki. Maybe not their equal in every manner, but certainly close.

I'm not sure how anything I have said was hypocritical though... http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/6hq895.gif

TheBlackChidori
01-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Well, that's my own fault for assuming nepotism meant something else.

Nyruss
01-02-2011, 04:59 PM
The dictionary is your friend. :)

What did you think it meant?

Devil's Lawyer
01-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Still doesn't excuse the fact Mei gets blitzed. All Kakashi has to do is earth tracking no fang jutsu. Extremely fast considering he blitzed Zabuza with it. ch 29 pg 15-18. That bypasses the whole acid mist and suposedly Sasuke reactions scenario.

Ultimate combatant
01-03-2011, 06:42 AM
Tsunade was chosen because her grandfather was the 1st Hokage and her teacher was the Third and because she was a teammate to Jiraiya and Orochimaru, two tremendously powerful ninjas. She was not chosen on her own merits.

Not really. While family`s name and a nice biography do contribute, Tsunade still would never become fifth Hokage, if it wasn`t for Jiraiya, who refused to be Hokage. It was him who suggested for her to become Hokage. If it was proposed by someone else, I doubt they would agree.

Lady Tsunade
01-03-2011, 09:53 AM
By hype Mei probably still isn't even in Kakashis league. And her speed<<<<<Kakashis. Since she's never shown any. She doesn't seem like the speedster type anyway, more the sit back and throw powerful ninjutsu type. No way she's winning this, hype or no hype.

She's a cool character though.

Nyruss
01-03-2011, 10:20 AM
TBC and UC are the only ones who seem willing to oppose my arguments with any approach to rationality. http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/43h7r5d.gif

Not really. While family`s name and a nice biography do contribute, Tsunade still would never become fifth Hokage, if it wasn't for Jiraiya, who refused to be Hokage. It was him who suggested for her to become Hokage. If it was proposed by someone else, I doubt they would agree.

Point stands. Jiraiya told them to make her Hokage, so she was elected based on this suggestion, not because of her own merits.

Jester
01-03-2011, 11:29 AM
TBC and UC are the only ones who seem willing to oppose my arguments with any approach to rationality. http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/43h7r5d.gif

Point stands. Jiraiya told them to make her Hokage, so she was elected based on this suggestion, not because of her own merits.

If you wanna have that type of debate Kakashi wins due to being a way more qualified canidate than Mei or Tsunade. Kakashi faced more Kage level fighters than both of them. Then there is the fact two of his students are two of the strongest shinobi in history. Then his vast knowledge of Jutsu. His resume is way better than both Mei and Tsunade who have just have filler skills.

Nyruss
01-03-2011, 11:34 AM
If you wanna have that type of debate Kakashi wins due to being a way more qualified canidate than Mei or Tsunade.

Based on what?

Kakashi faced more Kage level fighters than both of them.Irrelevant.

Then there is the fact two of his students are two of the strongest shinobi in history.

Meaningless. The Third trained Jiraiya and he's not considered god-tier.

Then his vast knowledge of Jutsu. Quality > quantity.

His resume is way better than both Mei and Tsunade who have just have filler skills.

That doesn't mean he can win.

I suppose I shall have to wait for TBC to pose a reasonable argument since no one else will. Till then, I've got Doctor Who to catch up on. Ta.

Jester
01-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Based on what?

Irrelevant.

Meaningless. The Third trained Jiraiya and he's not considered god-tier.

Quality > quantity.

That doesn't mean he can win.

I suppose I shall have to wait for TBC to pose a reasonable argument since no one else will. Till then, I've got Doctor Who to catch up on. Ta.

The fact that he is faster than Mei. The fact that he has earth tech that can avoid all of Mei Jutsu. Also there is the fact Mei is more useless than Tsunade. Suggest that Kakakashi can win this with minimum problems. Even through powerscaling Kakakashi is still stronger. Kage is a title that is thrown around these days.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
01-03-2011, 12:13 PM
with lots of space available for kakashi...he takes this....his speed also gives an advantage

TheBlackChidori
01-03-2011, 01:21 PM
The dictionary is your friend. :)

What did you think it meant?

The opposite really. Thought it meant rising to power with no qualifications or history of any leadership, like Minato's rise for instance.

mikeiskewl922
01-03-2011, 02:12 PM
@Dude: I guess, using that logic, that she can be in a higher level, but how do you think that she could ever beat Kakashi?

Kakashi went toe-to-toe with Deva Path, who ended up being able to dodge KN8. He also was able to sneak up on Kakuzu and give him a Raikiri through one of his hearts.
An injured Kakashi was able to fight some of Kakuzu's hearts and Hidan at the same time. He also went toe to toe with Deva Path.
Mei has only spit acid at a weakened, injured Sasuke who still managed to avoid taking damage...

Plus he has his Sharingan for extra help.
Even if they were on the same speed level, Mei couldn't do much to harm him. Earth-Style where he goes underground helps him to avoid the Lava. Lightning Hounds can be used as a distraction, along with Water-Style and Fire-Style's
To finish her off, then he could use a Raikiri.

Nyruss
01-03-2011, 02:27 PM
There's this crazy thing where ninjas can walk on walls. Takes care of any underground threat handily.

Lightning hounds are not a huge problem, and certainly not enough to distract a high level ninja from her opponent.

Kakashi has no fire style jutsus and no water for water style.

Charging straight in with Raikiri is the last thing he should do, because it gives Mei a clear shot at him with her lava.

Kakashi "went toe to toe" with a not going all out Deva path and got his ass kicked despite having help from the Akamichis. And to my memory the KN8 never attacked Deva.

mikeiskewl922
01-03-2011, 02:40 PM
There's this crazy thing where ninjas can walk on walls. Takes care of any underground threat handily

Lightning hounds are not a huge problem, and certainly not enough to distract a high level ninja from her opponent.

Kakashi has no fire style jutsus and no water for water style.

Charging straight in with Raikiri is the last thing he should do, because it gives Mei a clear shot at him with her lava.

Kakashi "went toe to toe" with a not going all out Deva path and got his ass kicked despite having help from the Akamichis. And to my memory the KN8 never attacked Deva.

I only anticipated for him to go underground to avoid the Lava that Mei could shoot at him.

Lightning Hounds are rather fast IIRC, and not that i'm disagreeing with the fact that Mei is High-Level, but she was never shown to be fast. Her Lava was moderatly fast but I don't remember her having any speed or reaction feats.

He would only charge in with a Raikiri while Mei is distracted. To help distract her, Shadow or Lightning Clones could work. His Sharingan would give him the upper-hand to find an opening.

He was able to resist an Almighty Pull using just a weapon with a chain though. He also got the idea of using a Lightning Clone distraction to help him form a plan. He also devised his plan in a couple minutes using just his basic knowledge from watching him.
KN8 basically charged around and trampled everything. But Deva did have to avoid the rampage, even from close-range.

Nyruss
01-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Yes, because going underground and leaving a big hole behind you is a great way to avoid lava.

Again with the speed feats argument. What don't you people understand about the word "powerscale"? Is it that difficult a concept?

I'll repeat it again and if you still can't process the information then I wash my hands of you. Mei is a Kage, and in the absence of any evidence of having got the position by any reason other than her own merits, she should be close to the Raikage in speed. Certainly not as fast as he is, or as strong, but certainly fast enough to compete with Kakashi.

Acid mist takes out any clones because even if it isn't as potent in an open area clones have the durability of wet paper so the mist should have no trouble getting rid of them. Thus informed of the real Kakashi, she focuses on him.

Jester
01-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Yes, because going underground and leaving a big hole behind you is a great way to avoid lava.

Again with the speed feats argument. What don't you people understand about the word "powerscale"? Is it that difficult a concept?

I'll repeat it again and if you still can't process the information then I wash my hands of you. Mei is a Kage, and in the absence of any evidence of having got the position by any reason other than her own merits, she should be close to the Raikage in speed. Certainly not as fast as he is, or as strong, but certainly fast enough to compete with Kakashi.

Acid mist takes out any clones because even if it isn't as potent in an open area clones have the durability of wet paper so the mist should have no trouble getting rid of them. Thus informed of the real Kakashi, she focuses on him.

One she won't be stopping a blitz from Kakashi ninja hound earth summoning technique. The same Technique he blitzed Zabuza with. The speed those hounds traveled underground was faster than anything Mei shown.

Next You can't powerscale Mei because you have nothing to compare her with. Sasuke was basically running on empty when she attacked him. Yet he still avoided her attacks. So what she is the strongest in her village. That just means she is the strongest weakling.

mikeiskewl922
01-03-2011, 03:35 PM
He was never shown to leave a hole behind him, and either way, he would only stay down for a second to slip under, change location, then jump back out.

I understand, but again, Mei can't hit Kakashi, speed is one thing but being able to hit him is another. Even if she was as fast ad him, she couldn't do much to harm him. If she shoots Lava, then he can repeat what I stated above about going underground.

But again that will cause the distraction becasue by the time that Acid Mist takes out the clones, the real Kakashi will either be close to her with a Raikiri or would have thought up a stradegy.

Nyruss
01-03-2011, 04:48 PM
I have nothing useful to contribute beyond proclaiming the greatness of Dudemeister, who is really swell.

I completely agree.

Mei can't hit Kakashi, speed is one thing but being able to hit him is another. Even if she was as fast as him, she couldn't do much to harm him.

If you're fast enough to keep up with someone it stands to reason that you are also fast enough to hit them. The means by which he avoids her attacks apparently involve hiding under the ground, which is hardly the most advantageous position to a woman who can spit lava out of her mouth.

If she shoots Lava, then he can repeat what I stated above about going underground.

Even supposing that is true, she spits lava at the ground around her feet. She's immune to her own attacks, but Kakashi isn't, so the second he comes up beneath her, he burns to death.

But again that will cause the distraction because by the time that Acid Mist takes out the clones, the real Kakashi will either be close to her with a Raikiri or would have thought up a strategy.

Well, obviously she's going to be focusing all of her attention on the mist and is just going to ignore someone charging at her with lightning on their hand. She's definitely not going to do something totally crazy like spit lava at them just in the off chance that they are trying to kill her.

It's all well and good to say that Kakashi would come up with a strategy but unless you can actually outline what that strategy entails, it's useless in this fight. Otherwise, I could just say that Mei creates a strategy to counter his strategy.

jjjs
01-03-2011, 05:59 PM
The fact that he is faster than Mei. The fact that he has earth tech that can avoid all of Mei Jutsu. Also there is the fact Mei is more useless than Tsunade. Suggest that Kakakashi can win this with minimum problems. Even through powerscaling Kakakashi is still stronger. Kage is a title that is thrown around these days.

nobody is more useless than tsunade

jjjs
01-03-2011, 06:03 PM
She's a kage and there's no indication she got the position through nepotism like Tsunade did. For this reason she should be in league with A in speed.

so just because mei is kage she is as fast as A ?

Nyruss
01-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Or very close. Yes. This is what is known as powerscaling, assuming a given level of power based on that of the character's peers. And actually Ino is more useless than Sucknade.

Jester
01-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Lol this dude is wanking Mei so hard. Either that or he is Trolling.

Nyruss
01-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Yes, we already know you've got nothing to contribute. You don't need to keep reminding us.

Joseph Stalin
01-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Mei has 2 techniques at her disposal and hype of being a Kage, unfortunately for her though Kakashi has the tools at his disposal to deal with everything she has to offer with moderate difficulty.

Her Acidic Mist technique while dangerous won't do her much good in this situation. Kakashi's sharingan gives color to chakra making keeping clear of the acid a simplistic task. Kakashi's speed has been constantly highlighted as being above average. Even a speed demon like Madara commented on how fast he was, that speed should make dodging easy.

Her Yoton would be a very dangerous technique that could kill Kakashi if it managed to touch him. Although, an exhausted Sasuke managed to successfully avoid her Yoton, keep in mind Sasuke has become a more stationary fighter than he once was. With his clone techniques, Kakashi should have no trouble avoiding the Yoton.

Even through her hype of being Kage there is nothing to show that her speed can keep up with Kakashi's speed. To say otherwise you would be committing a Dicto Simpliciter. Even if her speed were quite high Kakashi's speed has been commented on various times and shown by fighting on equal footing with people such as Hidan, Kakuzu, and Deva.

Mei hasn't shown much intelligence either while Kakashi throughout the manga has committed some of the most brilliant strategies to take down opponents normally above his reach. This could really be a decisive factor in the fight since he could combine his clone techniques with his dotons to create some brilliant trickery.

Over all, Kakashi should take this with moderate difficulty.

Nyruss
01-03-2011, 08:01 PM
And here I thought you would turn out to be an idiot. Proved me wrong, eh? Kudos.

Joseph Stalin
01-03-2011, 08:08 PM
I appreciate it, thanks.

Devil's Lawyer
01-03-2011, 08:14 PM
So you creating an account to troll come up with your own ideas sometimes. Mei still dies. She has no feats that shows she is anywhere close to speed. Even when your powerscale and wank her. Kakashi blitzes her easily with his multitude of jutsu. Genjutsu. Lightning hounds,earth ninja hound summoning, etc. Its amusing you to see you troll keep up the good work.

Joseph Stalin
01-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Was that directed at Dudemeister/Me?

Devil's Lawyer
01-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Both considering you are the same person.:)

Nyruss
01-03-2011, 08:24 PM
If I were going to create a dupe account why would I contradict myself?

Plus, I would never take the effort to post all that. I'm far too lazy.

Devil's Lawyer
01-03-2011, 08:26 PM
That is the brilliancy of the dupe you do the opposite of what you would normally do. You contradict yourself on purpose.

Joseph Stalin
01-03-2011, 08:30 PM
IP Addresses possibly, they can be checked can they not?

Not to sound smug, but I had a feeling when I joined here that would happen due to me not being your everyday noob. Though.. Immigrants from other forums aren't always noobs, I don't know why it's any different?

Devil's Lawyer
01-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Its all good dupe. I have no problems with dupes. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure you are a dupe.

mikeiskewl922
01-04-2011, 01:14 PM
If you're fast enough to keep up with someone it stands to reason that you are also fast enough to hit them. The means by which he avoids her attacks apparently involve hiding under the ground, which is hardly the most advantageous position to a woman who can spit lava out of her mouth.

He would only slip underground for a quick second and only if she shoots lava at him. He would wait for it to come close then slip under then re-appear another second.

Even supposing that is true, she spits lava at the ground around her feet. She's immune to her own attacks, but Kakashi isn't, so the second he comes up beneath her, he burns to death.

Or, he could only go under when she shoots it directly at him. If she just shoots it around the whole ground, he jumps back and walks on a wall. So the lava can't touch him.
There isn't any evidence that Mei won't be burned by her own jutsu. And if she isn't burned, then she drowns in the pool that most likely will be forming from under her.

Well, obviously she's going to be focusing all of her attention on the mist and is just going to ignore someone charging at her with lightning on their hand. She's definitely not going to do something totally crazy like spit lava at them just in the off chance that they are trying to kill her.

No, but when she is focusing on the clones that are also charging at her and trying to dodge there attacks and create mist, there IS a crazy chance that he will act like a clone and come up from behind her or close to her, like he did with Kakuzu who was distracted, as Mei will be by the clones and momentarily not know where the real Kakashi is, until she is pierced through the heart my a Raikiri.
He won't charge in with it, he will come up from behind and then once close he will quickly use Raikiri, peircing her heart.
*This could be one of his stradegies.* vv

It's all well and good to say that Kakashi would come up with a strategy but unless you can actually outline what that strategy entails, it's useless in this fight. Otherwise, I could just say that Mei creates a strategy to counter his strategy.

Green.
(Btw, when did you start to listen to powerscaling?)

Nyruss
01-04-2011, 01:16 PM
(Btw, when did you start to listen to powerscaling?)

There's this crazy rule where the creator of a thread can designate extra rules for the duration of the debate.

So when this really awesome guy called Dudemeister created this thread and said, and I quote:

Powerscale as necessary.

Powerscaling magically became available in this thread.

mikeiskewl922
01-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Oh, alright.
Back to the debate.