PDA

View Full Version : Best Anime Movie Ever

Blueberry
12-30-2010, 05:04 PM
I was going over some of my old favorites. There's a few Dragonball movies I really liked, an Inuyasha one I liked...Even some old favorites from before some of you were born.

I think the first Pokemon Movie was the best anime movie ever released. I know it's more of a...pop culture blockbuster. But damn, that was a great movie!

MysticGoten
12-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Ah, DBZ 12 and 13 were really good.

Ninyn
12-30-2010, 05:26 PM
the best one ever is pokemon ranger "Temple of The Sea"!!

Hando Craap
12-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Ghost in the Shell "original", Akira , Princess Mononoke , and howl's Moving Castle

Eli Goldsworthy
12-30-2010, 05:44 PM
imo... it's Cowboy Bebop: The Movie

MysticGoten
12-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Ah, forgot!
AKIRA. Hands down.

Kunoichi
12-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Ah, forgot!
AKIRA. Hands down.
Agreed, hands down, thumbs up.

lolohwd
12-30-2010, 05:52 PM
ghost in the shell..
cowboy bepop
spirited away
princess mononoke
howls moving
pokemon

TheTrueMasterofIllusions
12-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle.

NBT
12-30-2010, 05:58 PM
All the Hayao Miyazi movies,especially Spirited Away
Pokemon 1,Mystery of Mew,and temple of the Sea.

Kazuki Dekiru
12-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Everyone who has seen most of Miyazaki movies say that Princess Mononoke was the last great Miyazaki film because despite the obvious environmental message, it was the last Miyazaki film to even have a point.

Though personally, my most favorite would have to certainly be Spirited Away probably because I'm a sucker for all the various monsters, spirits, and creatures in that movie and how for most of the movie, Chihiro was the only human lost and trapped in a population full of all those creatures. And having grown up liking anime shows that featured a variety of monsters like Pokemon, Digimon, and Yu-gi-oh, I couldn't help but be fond of that. And I actually sort of understood what the moral of the story was.

Nābris
12-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Paprika.

Satoshi Kon, for the win.

Nick Tasogare
12-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Hmmmm, Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle were like P:

Hando Craap
12-30-2010, 08:30 PM
:lol: Oh yeah I forgot about Cowboy Bebop... I have the opening for a ring tone afterall

Miles Edgeworth
12-30-2010, 08:32 PM
I liked the second Gurren Lagann movie.

Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away were pretty good too.

Don't remember them all too well but I know as a kid I liked some DBZ and Pokemon movies.

Dio Brando
12-30-2010, 09:19 PM
My top 10.

1. All of the Detective Conan Movies

2. All of the Neon Genesis Evangelion Movies

3. One Piece Strong World

4. Spirited Away

5. 5 Centimeters per Second

6. Princess Mononoke

7. Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo

8. Howl's Moving Castle

9. Summer Wars

10. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Dio Brando
12-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Don't remember them all too well but I know as a kid I liked some DBZ

Just wondering, what is so good about DBZ?

Just plain repetitive and boring fighting, no plot, suspense or anything that makes anime anime whatsoever.

Nābris
12-30-2010, 09:22 PM
5 Centimeters per Second
Furk, I forgot about that one.

Also, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was just fantastic.

The Shady Ninja
12-30-2010, 09:37 PM
I agree with a lot of you.
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, 5 Cm Per Second, Paprika.

Leafy
12-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Summer Wars.

All my other favorites were already posted. (the girl who leapt through time, Akira......DBZ movies.....................Pokemon movies, haha

Miles Edgeworth
12-30-2010, 11:47 PM

Just plain repetitive and boring fighting, no plot, suspense or anything that makes anime anime whatsoever.

I thought the fights were interesting. Some were stupid but others were actually pretty memorable moments for me as a kid.

Oh and Great Saiyaman. That was hilarious.

Reading the manga it was a whole lot less epic than I remember though. =/

Funny how the fillers were actually interesting in DBZ.

MysticGoten
12-31-2010, 07:58 AM

It's enjoyable. Even without those things, the author makes it so that you're still completely grabbed by what's going on, which is a true testament to the author's skill. And to do that for fifteen years plus! He truly is a genius.

@Miles: THE DRIVING EPISODE!

WindScar22
12-31-2010, 10:19 AM
I'd say Ponyo, Spirited Away, and the Bleach movies were pretty good.

UltimatePuppetMaster48
12-31-2010, 10:21 AM
hmmm spirited away and akira are really good anime movies better than pokemon thats like for 5 years olds

Dio Brando
12-31-2010, 01:56 PM
I thought the fights were interesting. Some were stupid but others were actually pretty memorable moments for me as a kid.

Oh and Great Saiyaman. That was hilarious.

Reading the manga it was a whole lot less epic than I remember though. =/

Funny how the fillers were actually interesting in DBZ.

Toriyama claimed that he hated his own work, Dragon Ball post time skip.

Mainly because Dragon Ball went from a martial arts manga to a manga where if you don't use Ki Blasts then your a sissy.

I liked Dragon Ball before the god awful time skip later knows as DBZ.

Dragon Ball = God

Dragon Ball Z = Ewwwwwwwwwwww

Kitsune
12-31-2010, 02:03 PM
AKIRA, Spirited Away, and most of what Dio listed. Amazing movies IMO, especially the Conan and Evangelion ones.

I never really liked DBZ. It seemed really boring and pointless; just some bad guys who want to destroy the planet is how I saw it after re-watching some episodes. I liked Dragon Ball though.

Miles Edgeworth
12-31-2010, 09:41 PM
hmmm spirited away and akira are really good anime movies better than pokemon thats like for 5 years olds

The 4Kids Pokemon is. Heck even then it was actually decent until like Sinnoh, where it got really, really, really bad. Maybe it's just cause I was a kid back then when I liked it, but...

Don't discriminate against the Asian Pokemon fanboys. >_>

Mainly because Dragon Ball went from a martial arts manga to a manga where if you don't use Ki Blasts then your a sissy.

Dragon Ball = God

DB was much better than DBZ. There was some comedy though, at least in the anime.

I thought the Android Saga was interesting though, like how Trunks came from the future to stop 17 and 18 when it turns out Cell was the real threat after all considering his power and the fact that 17 and 18 had different personalities from the future ones. I thought it was interesting how a few simple event changes altered the entire course of history. Much more intriguing when I was a kid but it was still decent.

MysticGoten
01-01-2011, 12:28 PM

Dragon Ball = God

Not 'hate'. Just uninterested.
There is a difference between it having an amazing plot and an enjoyable one.
I love the whole series, but my favorite Arc is by far the Piccolo Daimao and 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai Arcs.

Jutsu Junkie
01-01-2011, 01:15 PM
I got into anime because the animators took it seriously, which was a different thing when I was a kid. I still like it for the art, which can be amazing. Therefore, this is my list:

Akira
All the Patlabor movies
Ghost in the Shell
Nausicaa
Macross
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
The Sky Crawlers
Ninja Scroll
Gundam: F91
MD Geist

rikuonura
01-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Personally, I thought both Vexille and Origin: Spirits of the Past were excellent. I loved both of them.

ban_shi
01-14-2011, 10:21 AM
as far as anime movie goes i would have to say any of the theater released pokemon movies. I had to take a little kid to one bout __ years ago and thought id hate it, but i loved it and it made me open up to more anime besided DBZ

Narutorious
01-14-2011, 04:12 PM
I love Akira, I just love that movie, never gets old.

Shikamaru Nara
01-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Zatch Bell.

Raiku
01-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Howls moving Castle, Spirited away, and FF: Advent Children if that counts

lukerules_96
01-14-2011, 05:46 PM
I really Liked DBZ:Fusion Reborn and Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

Akatsuki Gord
01-16-2011, 03:12 AM
the girl who leapt through time, DBZ movies, Akira, Spirited Away and Ghost in the shell

NarutoUzumaki12
01-17-2011, 08:22 PM
to me it's DBZ movie 13

kkslider555
01-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Spirited Away or the Dissappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Chiku
01-21-2011, 04:02 PM
any think Miozaki, exept ponyo...that one is just stupid...good graphics, but stupid

Merechan
01-23-2011, 12:07 PM
I love all of Hayao Miyazaki's films. ^^ Especially Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. Oh, and the 6th(?) Detective Conan movie, The Phantom of Baker Street.

Rose-Sakura
01-23-2011, 03:21 PM
All Sailor Moon movies
All Bleach movies that I've seen
All Naruto Movies that I've seen so far.

Eli Goldsworthy
01-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie.

Kyran
02-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Ah, forgot!
AKIRA. Hands down.

Akira did a lot for anime, especially in the western market however, like the Beatles, I think it has become quite overrated. It was interesting, however I found the story to be quite lacking.

My favorite anime movies are Princess Mononoke, and Castle in the Sky. I personally love Miyazaki's art style, and don't mind the environmental undertones that are often in his features. Ghost in the Shell (original) would also be up there in the top.

mrsticky005
09-03-2012, 11:50 PM
I got into anime because the animators took it seriously, which was a different thing when I was a kid. I still like it for the art, which can be amazing. Therefore, this is my list:

Akira
All the Patlabor movies
Ghost in the Shell
Nausicaa
Macross
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
The Sky Crawlers
Ninja Scroll
Gundam: F91
MD Geist

Awesome!

Another Geist fan!

Have you ever read MD Geist Ground Zero?

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
09-03-2012, 11:52 PM
ive only watched OP and Naruto ones

for op- Strong World
naruto- Inheritors of the Will of Fire

AnimeChic
09-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Spirited Away. <3

Hidden Ninja45
09-04-2012, 10:00 AM
The Place Promised in Our Early Days is definitely my favorite standalone anime movie.

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is my favorite anime movie overall.

Black King
09-04-2012, 10:11 AM
I really like Mayazaki's movies. Howl's Moving Castle is probably my favorite of his. Turnip Head~ Spirited away is my second.
Other than that, I like the Death Note movies, minus the crappy actors. Annd..I can't really think of anymore right now. >__> I'll post more when I get home.