PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Raiders

Maikeru D. Shinigami
12-26-2010, 02:39 PM
This is a One Piece fanfic.

Story: The story revolves around the pirate crew known as the Rocky Raiders, whose captain is Skylar Edwards. Skylar is a normal kid, who carries only a dagger and cutlass at the beginning of the series. He however finds a devil fruit known as the Hiso Hiso no Mi in his first journey. It allows him to speak telepathically to animals. This story takes place several hundred years after One Piece. Some devil fruits have been remade by the sea though. At the age of 7, Skylar's uncle Bryan Slaught, who is now Fleet Admiral of the marines, killed his father (Bryan's step brother), William Edwards, who was also a pirate. Skylar's ambition is to travel the globe, and increase his strength, so that he can avenge the death of his father. Along the way, he gathers crew members. Skylar was born in North Blue in Levi Village. North Blue just recently became known as the second weakest of the four seas, after being surpassed by West Blue.

Chapters:
North Blue Saga:
Levi Village Arc:

Chapter 1: Skylar and Ramona! (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4611349&postcount=9)
Chapter 2: Gerald Ricardo, Son of the Mayor! (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6300071&postcount=18)
Chapter 3: The Unpaid Debt! (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6305906&postcount=26)
Chapter 4: The Ricardo Mansion! (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6403218&postcount=36)
Chapter 5: Tied Down! The Suits Hold Up Arms! (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6453566&postcount=37)
Chapter 6: The Mayor's Reason! Skylar vs. Gregory!
Chapter 7: Hero Emerges! Outcome Of Battle! (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6457837&postcount=38)
Chapter 8: Insufficient Funds! Reward For The Journey! (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6461488&postcount=40)

The First Sail Arc:

Chapter 9: He Who Sleeps On The Ocean!
Chapter 10: Arriving At A New Town! The Port Of Dravbin!

Siblings of Dravbiin Arc:

Neon Knightriders Arc:

Starsley Pirates Arc:

The Island Diloth Arc:

To The Grand Line Arc:
Strikeout Saga:
The Ballgame Arc:

Female Shichibukai Arc:
Weather Control Saga:
Serifos Arc:

The Changing Climate Arc:

Mr. Somber Arc:
Haunted Seas Saga:
The Mahogony Seafarers Arc:

Black Panther Pirates Arc:
Fall Of The Raiders Saga:
Gathering Of Rookies Arc:

Revolt Against Justice Arc:

The Judgment Arc:

The Imprisonment Arc, Pt. 1:
The Scavenger Hunt Saga:
The Imprisonment Arc, Pt. 2:

Limnos Arc:

The Insane Fishmen Arc:
Shichibukai's Plot Saga:
Deusex Grand Tournament Arc:

The Bleeding Jugular Arc:

The Justice Trio Arc:
Threat Of The Yonkou Saga:
Toon Island Arc:

Lovely Pirates Arc:

Stone Eyes Arc:
Perfect Insanity Saga:
G-3 Arc:

The Future Pirates Arc:

Circus Act Arc:
Girl Of Hope Saga:
G-2 Arc:

Great Olympians Arc:

The Reapers Arc:

The Sky Pirates Arc:
The Greatest Yonkou Saga:
The Apocalypse Pirates Arc:

Dentril Arc:
Battle For Supremacy Saga:
The Mightiest Marines Arc:

Ultimate Treasure Arc:

The Mightiest Shichibukai Arc:
Revelations Saga:
The Secret Of Padneor Arc:

Final Showdown Arc:
Other Info:
Jolly Rogers:
Rocky Raiders Flag:
http://pirateshold.buccaneersoft.com/flags/pirateradio0001.jpg
Characters:
Pirates:
Rocky Raiders:
Skylar Edwards (Captain):
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff203/iwillrokugirl/anime160.jpg
Ramona Drake (Sniper):
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh178/destiny6570/Anime-6-1.jpg
Gerald Ricardo (Temp. Navigator):
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs8/i/2005/295/a/9/Pirate_Kid_No_2_by_PootDamnYou.jpg
Charles Levi (???):
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs7/i/2005/257/3/5/Levi_by_porkbun.jpgMarines:

Other:
Devin Kalith:
http://img3.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/0bf7eba87fc7ef362c712b4ecd63e0601246160835_full.jp g
"Corrupt Mayor" Gregory Von Ricardo:
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/179/4/4/Noah_Adam_Ammon_by_WitchOfTheEastBlue.jpg

Meredith Aloe:
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs17/f/2007/158/c/7/female_imperial_meleeguard_by_stormserpent.jpg
Locations:
North Blue:
Levi Village
Dravbin
Avalos
Chilebro Town
Diloth

South Blue:

West Blue:

East Blue:
Loguetown

Grand Line:
Sygrion
Albo Isle
Serifos
Mastadon
Lazaretto
Sporge Isle
Kitri
Sabaody Archipelago
Marineford
Enies Lobby
Impel Down
Limnos
----------------
Fishman Island
----------------
Deusex
Brickbend
Crow Island
Toya
Arshel Isle
Ruvy Isle
G-3
Balcron
Merryville
G-2
Gamma Isle
Darvia
Farcry Island
Burch Island
Pokaly
G-1
------------
Raftel
Mariejois

Themes:
2r7TWSG7Dnw

OGC
12-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Doesn't viz own OP?

Maikeru D. Shinigami
12-26-2010, 02:44 PM
It's not about the characters or storylines. The only thing it has is some of the locations and devil fruits, which SRhyse said was fine. It also has marines and pirates, which, is a part of history, and SRhyse said was fine. If it were Naruto, it'd be different.

OGC
12-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Op can't even claim the rights to devil fruits, any ways. Same with Marines and pirates.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
12-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Indeed, I only had five islands I wanted to keep, since it's hard to imagine the OP world without Loguetown, Enies Lobby, Marineford, Impel Down and Sabaody Archipelago, which SRhyse also said was fine. Figure I'll try to do as much as I can without breaking rules.

Devroux
12-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Interesting... A lot can be done with your DF alone. I look forward to reading it.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
12-26-2010, 02:56 PM
That's why I chose that fruit. `:P

Jonesy
12-28-2010, 03:33 AM
Ooo! I like it!

I can't wait to read. :3

Maikeru D. Shinigami
01-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Chapter One: Skylar and Ramona

Narrator: In North Blue, there is a town called Levi Village. A peaceful town, aside from the loud kids, constant storming and random bear attacks. Yes, truly it is a marvelous place, much like heaven is described in a story book. Besides for the swarms of bugs and the pissy mayor. In this town, there is a child prodigy.

Random Girl: I can't find my underwear.

Narrator: Um, not that kid. Anyways, this kid is a child prodigy, the son of one of the greatest pirate captains who ever lived. Also, the nephew of the most honorable Fleet Admiral in history. If you don't take into account that he killed his own brother, stole money from the Navy HQ, framed it on a marine, and cheated on his wife. Yes, truly an honorable Fleet Admiral, and noble family. Aside from the fact that they steal from civilians and like to eat fish. Wait, I didn't have to hide that part. Ah, the hell with it. This is a child prodigy, a true genius of the era.

Skylar: I swear I didn't steal your underwear.

Narrator: When he's not perving at least. Pretend you didn't see that. Anywa---

Pirate: Argh, my name is Captain Jack Sparrow, and why is the rum always gone?

Narrator: Johnny, I already told you. Pirates of the Caribbean 4 is on set 47.

Jack Sparrow: And which set is this?

Narrator: Set #69.

Jack Sparrow: -chuckles- You said---

Narrator: For gosh sake, start the opening song.

[insert badass imagery]
[insert obligatory cameo]
[end opening theme]

Skylar was running through the Forest, with a girl running closely behind him. "I swear I didn't steal your panties, this pair of underwear is mine," he yelled, before tripping over a branch. He turned onto his back where he saw Ramona glaring at him.

Ramona punched Skylar on the top of the head and saw a pair of pink frilly panties fall on the floor. "Do you expect me to believe that this pair of underwear is yours? Do I look stupid to you? BAKA! It even has my name on it."

Skylar was trying to think of an excuse, which was obvious from the chin rubbing and "hmm" sound. He then snapped his fingers, "I got it," he said out loud. "You see, I was in your room earlier and thought I saw a bunny rabbit on the floor. So, I picked it up, and carried it in my arms. It turned out that it felt too soft and small to be a rabbit, so I thought it was my pair of Oliver the Radioactive Super Bunny underwear. I apologize for my stupidty."

Ramona hit him on the top of the head again, "BAKA! If you're going to make excuses at least make a good one. This is a [I]squirrel, not a rabbit. Care to explain that to me too?"

Skylar looked dumbfounded as he thought to himself. He then replied, "Well, squirrels and rabbits look a lot alike, it's a mistake anyone can make."

"BAKA!" Ramona yelled again. "How the hell does a rabbit look anything like a squirrel. They're two totally different animals, and look nothing alike."

Skylar looked up at her, "So it's a squillabbit?"

"No, just a squirrel," she said in frustration. "It's not a rabbit at all."

"Ah, well that solves the mystery of the missing rabbit. So, have you found your underwear yet?" Skylar asked.

Ramona put her hand over her head and said, "I give up."

Just as she said that, a loud boom was heard from the forest, so Skylar stood up. "Sounds like the bell for dinner," he said running into the forest, toward the boom, which was in a complete opposite direction from his house.

Ramona spoke under her breath, "Your house is the other way," she sighed," Why me? I guess I shouldn't stay by myself here," she started running after Skylar, "Hey, wait up."

At the end of their run, they found themselves standing in front of a cave, "Of course, it's got to be him," Ramona spoke putting emphasis on 'him', "We should go back."

"Nah," Skylar responded, "I want to see what made the noise," he finished before running into the cave.

Ramona sighed once again before speaking, "I'm coming too," she said following him closely into the dark cave.

Next time on Rocky Raiders.
Gerald Ricardo, Son of the Mayor

Devroux
01-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Skylar is like coloring outside the lines... :lol:

Maikeru D. Shinigami
01-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Was it funny? `:P

Devroux
01-12-2011, 03:28 PM
It was.
Skylar looked up at her, "So it's a squillabbit?"
My favorite.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
01-12-2011, 03:47 PM
It's a mixture of a squirrel and a rabbit.

Devroux
01-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Yes, yes... I've just never run into an occasion when I've had to think about that. It was first.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
01-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Skylar likes to make excuses.

Devroux
01-12-2011, 04:05 PM
It was great that he made the thinking face in front of her. I do that when I have to think of excuses too...

Maikeru D. Shinigami
01-12-2011, 04:13 PM
I thought it would be funny.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
10-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Chapter 2: Gerald Ricardo, Son of the Mayor

Narrator: Previously on Rocky Raiders. Ramona chased Skylar down because he stole her panties. Skylar tried to defend himself by saying he thought her panties were his Oliver the Radioactive Super Bunny underwear, but Ramona of course didn't buy that. It didn't help Skylar's case that the panties had a squirrel on them. Though he did try to pass it off as a squillabit, which probably doesn't exist. Anyways, as the two enjoyed their time outside they heard a loud boom sound and ran to see where it was. We now pick the story back up at a random cave in the middle of the forest in Levi Village.

[insert badass imagery]
[end opening theme]

Ramona ran into the cave after Skylar as they passed through a tunnel. Ramona asked Skylar, "What are you running for? Whatever made the sound can't get out any other way."

Skylar stopped in the middle of the tunnel as Ramona stopped behind him. Skylar rubbed his chin with his thumb and made a sound which showed that he was thinking about something. He then returned to running through the tunnel and answered, "The boom sound might have made another exit somewhere in the cave."

"[I]Wow, he actually said something smart," Ramona thought to herself.

A few moments later, they heard another boom sound, except louder since they were getting closer. It made the tunnel shake as the two of them tried to keep their balance. After running for another twenty or so second, they arrived at a clearing portion of the cave where a villager was standing in the middle of the clearing. The area around them looked like a small dome aside from the entrance that Skylar and Ramona had came from, as well as a giant hole in one of the walls.

When they reached the cave, Skylar stopped and shouted out, "Hey, Gerald, what are you doing?"

"I'm blowing ;);););) up, what does it look like I'm doing?" Gerald responded.

"Why are blowing things up down here?" Skylar replied, "You're going to attract some attention if you keep making such loud noises."

"Oh and do you suggest that I go blow things up in the middle of the town where I could hurt someone?" Gerald shot back, "Honestly Skylar, I wonder if you ever use that brain of yours to actually think."

"That's kind of harsh man," Ramona said to him before thinking to herself, "Though I do understand why you might think that."

"It's fine Ramona, I can preserve the peace between me and him," Skylar nodded to Ramona before pointing his finger at Gerald and exclaiming, "I want to fight you!"

Ramona's face went blank as she almost fell down. She thought to herself, "That's what you call peace? Violence is the opposite of peace. Gerald doesn't fight people, there's no way he'll accept."

"Okay," Gerald answered.

"I'm having a really off day," Ramona said to herself in response.

Gerald then placed his last pack of firecrackers in the hole he made to keep them safe.Gerald then pulled out his dual cleavers, held one by his side and pointed the other toward Skylar, "Let's get this started."

Skylar placed his dagger in his mouth and pulled out a cutlass as he held it out in front of himself. He lunged forward swinging his cutlass down at Gerald. Gerald blocked the attack by holding his cleavers out between him and the cutlass. He then forced his cleavers forward to push Skylar's cutlass backwards. Skylar knew he wouldn't be able to get a strike in that position, so he jumped back and out of Gerald's way.

Gerald then took the offense as he ran forward as he swung the cleaver in his right hand at Skylar's neck. Skylar ducked under the attack but Gerald was ready for that as he swung his other cleaver down at Skylar. Skylar held off the attack momentarily by blocking it with his cutlass. The force pushed him across the the cave floor as he kept his feet on the ground and slid. Gerald turned around and went to put his cleavers away as he said, "Enough of this, you can't beat me Skylar. I'm the son of the mayor, I have more access to skills than you do. If you want to have more skills try being born into a family like mine."

Skylar stood back up to his feet, "No, I'm not done yet," he replied as he ran forward with his cutlass in one hand and dropped his dagger into the other. Skylar swung his cutlass horizontally at Gerald's chest. Gerald managed to block the attack by quickdrawing the cleaver on the left side of his body and using it as a shield. As soon as he did though, Skylar went to stab Gerald in the chest. Gerald pulled out his other cleaver quickly and blocked that attack as well.

The two of them struggled to try to gain an edge. Moments later, Skylar took that edge as he pushed Gerald's cleavers out of the way with his blades and kneed him in the chest. Gerald slid across the ground on his feet but wasn't harmed much. Gerald opened his vest to show that he was wearing a sort of metal armor under it. It wasn't exactly iron, but it was strong enough to him from feeling any real pain but not to hurt Skylar's knee really either. Gerald looked at Skylar and complimented him, "Not bad."

"Not too bad yourself there," Skylar responded as he lifted up his cutlass, "But this strike will finish it."

Gerald nodded and the two of them then rushed forward. Gerald placed one of his cleavers away while Skylar dropped his dagger to the ground. The two of them ran at each other and raised their blades to strike at each other though. As they did though, a guy suddenly appeared between them. He knelt down and extended his palms out toward the two of them. As he did, Skylar and Gerald flew backwards across the cave, crashing onto the ground. Gerald and Skylar rubbed their heads as Gerald shouted out, "What the hell was that all about?"

"My apologies," the guy began, "I had to break up the fight because you two could have killed each other. Which one of you can tell me where I can find a member of the Ricardo family?"

"I'm Gerald Ricardo," Gerald replied as he got up to his feet and dusted off his pants, "What do you want?"

"My name is Charles Levi," the guy introduced himself, "I'm here to speak to your father; to relieve him from his duty as mayor of this town."

The Unpaid Debt.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
10-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Bastards! I saw y'all view. D:

BoxHead
10-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Nikyu Nikyu no mi?

The first chapter is humorous, but the problem is, it's not quirky OP humor and reminds me of Gintama instead :lol:

Maikeru D. Shinigami
10-17-2012, 07:02 PM
I haven't watched Gintama. As long as it's funny, I'm good with it. :lol:

Comments on chapter 2?

BoxHead
10-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Kind of a different pace. The battle and possible haki/Pad Cannon interruption was pretty cool. Could've been transitioned a bit better, but still solid.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
10-17-2012, 07:11 PM
I didn't want to make it too long because I want a good number of people to actually possibly read it. :lol:

Devroux
10-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Oh, a cliffhanger. How clever. *tilts head* Charles Levi sounds like a nice man.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
10-17-2012, 07:17 PM
It sets up for an interesting arc that I thought up while writing the chapter.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
10-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Chapter 3: The Unpaid Debt

Narrator: Previously on Rocky Raiders. Skylar and Ramona ran toward a loud boom sound inside of a cave. When they arrived, they found the son of the mayor Gerald Ricardo blowing crap up. Skylar challenged him to a fight. Just as the two were about to declare a winner though, they were stopped by a guy named Charles Levi who says that he is there to relieve Gerald's father from his duty as the town's mayor. How will this development pan out?

[insert opening theme]
[insert badass imagery]
[end opening theme]

"What do you mean you're taking away my father's duty as town mayor?" Gerald asked, "What gives you the right to do that?"

"I already told you, my name is Charles Levi," Charles responded, "My father is the owner of this entire island. Compared to that, your father is absolutely powerless. We can take his position away whenever we see fit."

"What reason do you have to take away his position though?" Gerald exclaimed, "My father hasn't done anything to make him deserve this treatment."

"Your father hasn't paid the island chairman, in six months," Charles answered, "He was already behind before that. We have decided that a man who can't keep the budget in check is a problem for us. He's losing us money."

"I don't understand how that's possible," Gerald remarked, "I've seen my father leave with money to pay off taxes. He's always on time too. You can't honestly expect me to believe that you aren't receiving the money. Your father is just flaunting his power over us."

"Have you actually seen your father give the money to us?" Charles replied, "I assure you that he has not been paying."

"I guess I haven't," Gerald sighed, "I still can't believe you though. There's no reason for my father not to give you the money. He had it, why wouldn't he give it to you?"

"That's the million dollar question, isn't it?" Charles said to him.

"No, the million dollar question is why are you lying to me?" Gerald shot back, "I don't take kindly to liars."

"So, what are you going to do about it?" Charles smirked.

With those words, Gerald pulled out his cleavers and lunged forward at Charles with his cleavers. Charles ducked under Gerald's attack and spun behind him as he passed by. Gerald then turned around and took swipes with his cleavers repeatedly, one after the other. Charles leaned his body away each side, avoiding all the attacks with ease. He then lifted his hand up, pointing his palm at Gerald's head. Moments later, Gerald flew back at the wall of the cave, slamming into it.

Watching that, Ramona's curiosity got the best of her as she asked Charles, "What exactly are you doing to push people across the cave without touching them?"

"Are you one of those devil fruit users?" Skylar added on.

Charles didn't answer right away. Instead he walked across the cave and picked up a small rubber ball, placing it beneath his sleeve. Charles turned to Ramona and spoke, "I can answer that question for you, my lady. I keep a sort of gun filled with rubber balls beneath my sleeve. With that, I can shoot forth these rubber balls at people with great speed, speed so great that you can't even see them. With that force, I am able to knock people around. If you look at Gerald's head, you will see a circular red spot."

Ramona looked at Gerald and gasped, "He's right. Gerald really does have a circular red spot on his head. That thing is mighty powerful."

"Yes, it is," Charles agreed as he walked over to Gerald and extended his hand. He gave Gerald a grin and said to him, "Grab my hand, I'll help you up."

Gerald raised his eyebrow at Charles, but grabbed his hand. Charles helped him up to his feet as Gerald spoke, "You just knocked me on my ass and you're after my father. Why are you assisting me?"

"I trust you," was Charles immediate response, "I believe that regardless of what your father has done with the money, that you are not involved with it in any way. I understand your plight. If some guy came to relieve my father of his duty, I would be skeptical too."

"You're not just trying to get on my good side are you?" Gerald asked, "I mean, it doesn't seem like something someone would do for someone else."

"Will you stop questioning him already?" Ramona exclaimed, "Nothing he says can really change your mind. Honestly, we can say or ask anything we want, but that doesn't make anything true. If you really want to know, ask him to show some identification."

"Very well then," Charles nodded as he pulled out his wallet and showed his ID card which indeed called him Charles Levi, "At the very least, you know now that I am who I say I am. Whether you believe everything else I say or not is your decision."

"I don't know what I believe," Gerald began and then gave a small grin, "But I guess I can at least give you a chance to prove yourself."

"So, does that mean that argument stops here?" Ramona sighed, "That's kind of boring. Oh well, I guess that's good."

"So, Gerald," Skylar butted in, "I don't really know anything about the situation, but might your dad have given away some hints about where the money went? I mean, perhaps he's had weird phone calls or something."

"None that I've heard of," Gerald answered, "My dad's a pretty private person though. He keeps himself locked in a soundproof room when he makes most of his phone calls. So, I never hear what he's talking about."

"Sounds pretty suspicious to me," Charles replied, "That's not exactly the way most people talk on the phone, and with him not paying taxes, the two are probably connected."

"Yosh!" Skylar spoke out as he began walking out of the cave, "I think it's time we go pay your father a visit Gerald. Will you help us out or do you want to try and stop us?"

Gerald thought to himself for a few seconds. He didn't want to betray his father, but if his father was really up to something he didn't want him to get away with it. He nodded, "I'll lead you through the mansion. However, if it turns out that you're wrong, I want you to leave well enough alone, alright Charles?"

"That's all I can ask you to do," Charles agreed.

In a giant room in the Ricardo mansion, a blonde-haired man by the name 'Gregory Von Ricardo' was sitting in his chair, talking on the phone. He laughed and then answered the person on the other side of the line, "After receiving the taxes from the pathetic villagers this month you will have all the money you asked for. It's so hilarious. These people don't even realize that they are paying their way to their own destruction. Don't you agree, Captain Manslaughter?"

The Ricardo Mansion.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
10-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Read and comment or be banned!

BoxHead
10-21-2012, 06:56 PM
D: But I already told you!

Maikeru D. Shinigami
10-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Indeed, and you receive a Gilded Maik for that.

BoxHead
10-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Is it shiny?

Maikeru D. Shinigami
10-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Are you kidding? I don't have the budget for that.

Ino's Girl
10-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Pretty good story :3 The whole intro thing is funny

Maikeru D. Shinigami
10-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks Hayley!
Do you like my cliffhangers?

Ino's Girl
10-21-2012, 09:09 PM
I didn't think of the first two chapters as cliffhangers, but the third had a good one :3

Maikeru D. Shinigami
10-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Well, the second one was a cliffhanger in a way. For one, it leaves you wondering what powers Charles have and why exactly he's going after the town's mayor.

The cliffhanger at the end of the third is obviously setting up for something big though.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
12-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Chapter 4: The Ricardo Mansion

Narrator: Previously on Rocky Raiders, Gerald Ricardo got in a fight with Charles Levi as he defended his father. However, after a conversation, Charles got Gerald to listen to reason. Gerald agreed to lead Charles, Skylar and Ramona into the Ricardo Mansion, where his father runs the town. Gerald was still skeptical, but based on a phone conversation between Mayor Ricardo and a man known as Captain Manslaughter, it seems that the worst is actually true.

[insert opening theme]
[insert badass imagery]
[end opening theme]

Charles, Gerald, Ramona and Skylar all left the cave out back out through the woods toward the main area of Levi Village. When they arrived, they saw the scene of a normal small town. There were houses on both sides of the streets of the town and a few convenient stores around corners. The roads were made of sand but everything else was grass. Behind the town a large white mansion could be seen behind a black gate connected to brick walls which went all the way around the giant yard.

"Alright, well there's only one way to get inside without being seen. It's the way I get out all the time," Gerald said to them, "Because of that, I can't let you see it. So, if you'd please put these blindfolds on, then I can lead you there."

"Hold on," Charles responded, "I understand that you don't want them to see this secret passage. How are we supposed to trust that you won't turn us in for attempting to infiltrate your father's place?"

"What does it matter?" Gerald asked, "Sure, I could do that. What's the point in that though? I mean, it's easier you do what I ask you to do or you don't even get a chance to get inside the mansion."

"You know, he's got a point," Skylar shrugged, "If there really is a conspiracy, the only chance we have at stopping it is to trust that Gerald is telling the truth."

"If it's that big of an issue, I'll let Charles go in without one," Gerald said to them, "After all, he is kind of in charge of this island."

They all agreed to Gerald's new proposal. Gerald then placed blindfolds on both Skylar and Ramona. Gerald grabbed Skylar's shoulders while Charles grabbed Ramona's shoulders. After doing so, Gerald led Skylar to the back of a convenient store as Charles led Ramona behind them. When they got there, Gerald opened a door which led to a stairway underground. He continued on to lead them all underneath the convenient store into a tunnel which went under the entire town.

The tunnel was dark, but lights on the side of the tunnel lit it up, giving them a clear view of where they were going. Gerald led them all through a maze of tunnels until they reached the end where they climbed up another stairway into a laundry room above. The laundry room was much nicer than normal laundry rooms. It had a large washer and dryer, along with several detergents, clothes' baskets and an electrical outlet box. The walls were white and clean while the floors were made of marble.

"Alright," Gerald began, "We can take off the blindfolds now."

Charles gave Gerald a nod as they together took off the blindfolds of Skylar and Ramona. Charles looked to Gerald and asked, "What do we do now?"

"Well, we have to be careful not to be seen," Gerald answered, "So, you're just going to have to follow me through some secret passages into my room on the top floor. My room is just across the hall from my father's office, so we should be able to get through unseen."

The three of them gave Gerald a nod as Gerald went to the other side of the washer and pushed on the wall. The wall opened up revealing a passage within the walls. The inside of the walls were surrounded by wood, those cables and ventilation shafts could be seen around. There were wooden staircases and planks to walk on. Gerald led the three of them across the wooden planks and up the staircases within the walls. They went fairly slowly as they were trying to be quiet so no one could hear them walking through the walls. At the end of their walk, Gerald opened another smaller hole in the wall and crawled out into his room below.

Gerald's room had a bunk bed in the back corner and a large window which had red curtains covering it. On one end there was a 70" television with tons of wires hooking up video games to it. There was a large wooden box between the television and the bad. On the other side of the room was bookshelves full of games and dvds as well as a two dressers and a closet. The room was pretty messy as clothes were scattered across the ground. The four of them hopped down to the floor and were about to walk forward. Before they could though, they were all smacked on the head and knocked unconscious.

An hour later, the four woke up tied down to computer chairs in a large office. The office looked like it was the office for the President of the United States with its large window, desk and bookcase. There was a safe on one side of the wall and on the desk Gregory Von Ricardo sat with a grin and two black suited men beside him. He looked to the four and asked them, "So, what do the four of you want so badly that you had to sneak into my mansion to get?"

Next time, on Rocky Raiders.
Tied Down! The Suits Hold Up Arms!

Maikeru D. Shinigami
01-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Chapter 5: Tied Down! The Suits Hold Up Arms!

Narrator: Previously, on Rocky Raiders. The group of Skylar, Ramona, Charles and Gerald infiltrated the mayor's mansion. As they attempted to sneak around, they were captured by the mayor's personal suits. When we last saw our heroes, they were not looking very heroic tied up to computer chairs in the mayor's office. Can they find a way to break free and stop the mayor or will the mayor succeed in destroying Levi Village?

[opening theme-- you get the point]

"What the hell is this?" Gerald shouted, "Why have you tied us up?"

Gregory walked over to the four of them and looked his son in the eyes, "Curious that you would ask me a question like that with what you just did. Why were you sneaking around the mansion with three strangers? It seems to me like you're the one who should be giving answers here."

"We know what you're doing," Skylar said to him, "We haven't pinpointed exactly what it is yet, but we're sure you're up to no good."

Gregory walked over to Skylar and leaned forward up into his face. As he looked Skylar in the eyes he asked, "Oh, and what makes you think that? Have I done something bad? Or are you just grasping at straws trying to find a reason to believe in your little conspiracy theory?"

"It's not a theory, it's a fact," Skylar said to him, "If it's not a fact, what's the point of you tying us up or taking money from the citizens. Excuse me for not believing you Mr. Mayor, but your actions have been far too suspicious."

"Oh really," Gregory chuckled as he walked away from them, "And since when does suspecting someone to be a criminal actually make them a criminal? You see the money I have taken out of the village, but how do you know that I'm not using that money to build something big. What if I were using it to build a church or a playground?"

"Then there would be no reason for you to tie us up except to mess with our minds," Charles interrupted, "If you're really doing so noble, why don't you prove it to us? The fact of the matter is that right, you are trying too hard to defend yourself for someone who is supposed to be innocent. What is the truth?"

Gregory walked past the four of them to the door and sighed, "Fine, if it's going to be that way, you can't stop me now anyways. You're right, I am stealing money from the village and I am not using it build some stupid church or playground. As if I would care enough about these people to do something so stupid. No, what I'm using it for is something more grand. I have hired a group of bounty hunters to come to this town and destroy it. They are a strong group and the village will be defenseless. I have offered them a hefty sum to do this for me."

"You bastard," Gerald exclaimed, "I can't believe I share the same blood as you. How could you do something so heartless? What have the people of this town ever done to you?"

"That's none of your concern," Gregory said to him, "I guess I should own up to one more thing while we're still on the subject though. Gerald, you are not who you think you are. We do not share the same blood. You are not a member of the Ricardo family. Your mother cheated on me with a peasant man-;););););). I hate your face."

"No," Gerald spoke to himself as he couldn't believe what he had heard, "I am not a member of the Rcardo family?"

"You are not," Gregory replied, "It doesn't matter anymore though. You are going to die here with the rest of your friends. I will give a chance though, and this will be your only chance. Gaston, grab the fruit from my desk drawer and feed it to Skylar. Who knows, if he's lucky maybe his body will turn to blades and he can break free or maybe he will obtain the powers of a logia. I don't care, this is his chance to see if destiny is on his side."

With those words, Gaston, one of the suits gave him a salute as Gregory walked out of the room and toward the stairs. Gaston walked to the desk of the mayor's office and pulled out a devil fruit in the mean time. He then took the devil fruit and walked up behind Skylar as he tried to force it into his mouth. At that moment, Skylar thought about the possible consequences of eating the fruit and spoke, "Wait! I don't know if I want to eat that. If I lose my ability to swim, I don't know what I'll do and what if the ability doesn't make up for it?"

"If the ability doesn't make up for it, you will die here," Gaston pointed out as Skylar closed his eyes and his mouth. Gaston wasn't going to fail in his mission though. He pulled open Skylar's mouth and shoved the fruit inside. Skylar took a few moments, but he did wind out biting the fruit and the swallowing it.

"Please, be something that can get us out of here," he said to himself after eating the fruit. At that exact moment, four blue birds flew through the window and cut the ropes that were holding the four of them captive with their beaks as if the beaks were blades. When the ropes fell off, the two suited men pointed guns at them.

"That's not possible," Gaston exclaimed, "What the hell happened? Stay seated. If you anyone gets up, I will shoot all four of y--."

Gaston didn't get to finish his sentence as both he and his partner went smashing into the wall. Charles had jumped between them in a split second and sent them flying across the room toward the wall. They dropped their guns as they fell to the ground and then Ramona crushed the guns by stepping on them. All the while, Charles jumped onto his father's desk and picked up his cleavers while Skylar ran toward the window. Ramona looked to Skylar and told him, "You can do it Skylar. Stop Gregory!"

Skylar gave her a nod and then jumped out the window. The two suits jumped to their feet and started running toward the three kids. Gerald wasn't going to give them a chance to do anything though. He threw his cleavers at them, cutting their heads clean off. The bodies of the suits fell to the ground as their heads rolled across the ground. Gerald's cleavers stuck into the wall as Gerald fell to his knees and began to cry. Ramona looked to him and asked, "What's wrong?"

"Those two were like fathers to me, much more than Greg ever was," Gerald answered, "To have to kill them hurts. They were family."

Ramona walked up to Gerald and put her hand on his shoulder to comfort him, "We can't replace family, but I hope you know now that you have friends."

"Thanks," Gerald said to her with a small grin as he continued to cry.

Outside of the mansion, Skylar had landed safely in the courtyard in front of the stairs to the front door of the mansion as he waited for Gregory. Moments after he landed, Gregory walked out the door and saw Skylar. He was a bit taken aback but quickly caught his composure as he asked Skylar, "Well, it seems that luck was on your side after all. What kind of fruit could you possibly have?"

Skylar looked at the mayor and answered calmly, "I have no idea."

Next time, on Rocky Raiders!
The Mayor's Reason! Skylar vs. Gregory!

Maikeru D. Shinigami
01-27-2013, 07:43 PM
Chapter 6: The Mayor's Reason! Skylar vs. Gregory!

Previously, on Rocky Raiders. The group of Skylar, Ramona, Gerald and Charles were tied up by Mayor Gregory and his suits. As they were, Gregory confirmed that he was using the money that he was supposed to pay to the Levi family to instead hire an organization of bounty hunters to destroy the town. He left his suits to watch over the tied up kids but gave them a chance when he had his suit Gaston force feed a devil fruit to Skylar. After Skylar said he just hoped for one that could get them out, birds with beaks as sharp as blades cut them loose. Charles & Gerald killed the two suits within a matter of seconds as Skylar jumped out to the courtyard in front of the mansion. Now, he is face to face with mayor, Gregory Von Ricardo.

Skylar stood before Gregory as the animosity between the two could be felt across the courtyard. Skylar looked forward to Gregory with a face of anger as he exclaimed, "Why are you doing this our town? What have we ever done to you?"

"This village is an abomination," Gregory said to him, "It's not about what the village has done directly to me. It's about what the village has done indirectly to me. You have no idea what it's like to have everything taken away from you. You have no idea what it's like to lose someone you love."

"So are you just going to destroy the village because of what people of the past have done to someone close to you?" Skylar asked, "Are you going to punish everyone for something that they have not done? What's the point of that?"

"You don't understand," Gregory sighed as he stuck his walking stick down on the ground, "Well, let me tell you a story."

[I]30 Years Ago

A sixteen year old Gregory played in the playground with his girlfriend. She was also sixteen years old and a few inches shorter than him. Gregory's appearance wasn't much different except that he was smaller and his face looked younger. His clothing style was casual as opposed to formal though. The girl had long brown hair and green eyes along with a pair of light brown shorts and a white shirt. She wore flip flops while he wore tennis shoes.

"I hope that we can have fun like this forever," Gregory said to her.

"Of course we will," the girl replied, "We are soulmates. We were put on this Earth for each other and nothing can take us away."

"I love you my dear. I will always love you," Gregory proclaimed.

"As will I, until the ends of the earth," she promised.

At that moment, she grabbed Gregory's hand and his hand began to decay. Gregory screamed in pain, but she didn't understand what was going on. When she let go of his hand, it stopped decaying, but it still stayed the same. She ran to the nearby well and pulled out a pale of water. She rushed back to Gregory with the pale of water and poured it on his hands. His hand returned to normal as she cried to him, "I'm sorry. I don't know what happened. I didn't mean to do it."

"It's okay, I know you wouldn't do it on purpose," Gregory smiled, "I trust you completely my darling."

Someone wasn't quite so convinced though, and that someone was Gregory's father. His father was a tall man, who looked exactly like Gregory as mayor. The only difference was that he was wearing a top hat. When he reached the two of them, he smacked the hand of the little girl. Gregory was really upset about that but was even more upset when his father yelled at him, "You will not speak to her again."

"I will speak to her whenever I want to father," Gregory snapped back, "This isn't any of your business."

"Excuse me, I am your father," he said to him, "And I will not tolerate disrespect. You will not speak to this girl again and you will return to the mansion."

"No, I will not," Gregory responded, "I will stay right here and you can't stop me."

"It's okay Gregory," the girl interjected with tears, "Just go on home for now. I'm sorry Mr. Ricardo, I really didn't mean to."

The girl ran away in tears as Gregory tried to run after her. His father grabbed his arm however and pulled him back. He then looked to Gregory and spoke, "Do not chase her down. If I catch you with her again, you will regret it."

For weeks the two did not get to see each other but they were exchanging letters by means of a mutual friend. It hurt them inside to be without one another, but they didn't want to cause any trouble until they could get away for good. After a month of that however, the two couldn't take it anymore. In the middle of the night, Gregory snuck out to meet her. They went back out to the playground swung in the swings together. The happiness wouldn't last long though as Gregory's father had realized that he had left.

With his father's power as mayor, he led the people of the village to do a horrible act. They formed a mob and chanted as they made their way to the playground. The few people that refused to follow were killed by his agents by the command of Gregory's father. The mob picked up torches and pitchforks and headed for the playground. They weren't hard to convince as Gregory's father had made the ordeal with his son's hand being decayed public.

When they arrived at the playground, Gregory and his girlfriend began to run away, but were stopped quickly. Gregory's father pointed his palm toward them and shot a lightning bolt from his hand at the girl. The girl didn't realize it, but her body had turned to sand and made a hole for the lightning bolt go through. The electric charge caused a tiny part of her body to turn to glass when her body reformed itself though. When Gregory's father realized that she had the Sand Logia fruit he turned into lightning and quickly appeared in front of her. Gregory and his girlfriend were stopped in their tracks.

"Kill the girl, she's a witch," one of the women from the mob shouted, "She uses her powers for evil!"

"Do you have any last words girl?" the man asked her.

"I really do love your son," she said to him.

Gregory couldn't help himself. He jumped at his father but his father just grabbed him by the head and threw him to the ground, "This is what's best for you," he said. His father then turned his arm into a blade of lightning and stabbed at the girl's heart. Her body tried to turn into sand, but it was unable to as Gregory's father stabbed her right through her heart. Instantly, the girl fell limp onto the ground, dead.

"No," Gregory shouted as he fell to his knees in tears and laid his head down on her, "This can't be real."

"Stop crying son," his father said to him, "This is for your own good."

"No, no, no," Gregory exclaimed, "She's not dead. She can't be. It's not real. Not real. Not real. My father loves me. He wouldn't do this."

Gregory's father then slapped him in the face and yelled at him, "Shut up! This is your fault for loving a monster."

From that day forward, Gregory hated his father. He never spoke to him again and many times tried to poison him. He was never successful though. His father would eventually leave the town to become a marine soldier. It had been years since Gregory saw him, but he truly did not want to see his father ever again. He wished death on him several times. It ruined his life.

Present Time

"That's why this town is an abomination," Gregory told Skylar, "They are all murderers because they all supported my father and his evil act."

"I can't imagine the pain that caused you," Skylar replied, "I never imagined the people in the village could do anything so horrible. It's just not right."

"So now you understand why I must level this village," Gregory stated, "So please, leave me alone. If you do, I will let you and your friends go free."

"I'm sorry that you went through all of that," Skylar spoke sincerely, "But I cannot allow you to move on with your plan."

"What?" Gregory exclaimed, "Even after hearing the sins of this town, you still wish to defend them?"

"No, that's not it," Skylar answered, "It's not that I forgive them. There are people in this village who are innocent. There are people who have grown up in the time since then as good, honest people. They deserve to keep their lives. You can do anything you want to the people who hurt you, but I will not allow you to hurt the innocent."

"Righteous mumbo jumbo," Gregory laughed, "They were born with the same blood as the people who did it. They are no different."

"Then we can settle this like men," Skylar said to him.

Gregory nodded and then jumped forward at Skylar. He swung his walking stick at Skylar attempted to bash his brains in.

Chapter 7: Hero Emerges! Outcome Of Battle!

Gregory attempted to his Skylar in the head with his walking stick, but Skylar ducked beneath the strike and punched Gregory in the chest. He then kicked him in the side and hit him in the chest with a double palm thrust. The strike knocked Gregory to his knee, but Gregory then smacked Skylar in the ankles, causing him to fall to his back. Gregory then swung his walking stick down at Skylar after rising back to his feet, but Skylar quickly sat up to avoid the attack and rose back up to his feet.

Skylar then lunged forward, attempting to punch Gregory in the face, but Gregory leaned out of the way of the attack. He then aimed a kick at Skylar's side, but Skylar avoided the kick by doing a backflip to not only avoid the kick but to get further away from Gregory as well. As he landed, Gregory attempted to stab Skylar in the chest with his walking stick. Skylar sidestepped the attack however and then kicked Gregory's walking stick out of his hands.

Skylar followed that up by attempting to kick Gregory in the chest. Gregory caught his foot though, but Skylar took advantage of that by using his other leg to try kick Gregory in the face. Gregory leaned his head back to to avoid the kick and SKylar landed on his foot instead. Skylar then, with his back facing Gregory, went parallel with the ground as he attempted to jab his foot into Gregory's chest. Gregory moved backwards as he let go of Skylar's leg to jump out of the way.

Skylar landed on his chest, but quickly used his hands to pick himself up quickly. As soon as he got to his feet however, Gregory lunged forward and kneed Skylar in the chest. Skylar fell into a bowing position as Gregory grabbed him by his head and threw him backward, slamming him onto the ground. Gregory then picked up his walking stick which only a few feet away and swung it down at Skylar. Skylar grabbed the cane before it could hit him and then swung his leg around to trip Gregory.

Gregory lost his walking stick and fell to his back as Skylar gained control of the stick. Skylar swung the stick down, hitting Gregory in the chest, causing him to spit out blood. Skylar then attempted to stomp Gregory's chest with his foot. Gregory rolled away from the attack and picked himself back up. As he rose to his feet, Skylar attempted to smack him in the neck with the walking stick. Gregory grabbed the stick before it could hit him though and kicked Skylar in the left leg. He then pulled his walking stick out of Skylar's hands and smacked it right into his chest. Skylar fell to the ground beside a bush as he held his chest with his hands and laid his head on the ground in pain.

"It's over Skylar," Gregory proclaimed, "There's nothing left you can do. This village will be destroyed and you will be a failure."

"No, I can't let this happen," Skylar said to himself, "I have to get back up. I have to do something to save the village."

As soon as he finished saying that, Skylar heard a voice from the bush beside him as a snake slithered out, "Would you like me to take care of him for you?" the snake asked in a hiss-like voice.

Skylar looked at the snake in confusion and responded, "What? Why do I hear your voice? Am I really that out of it?"

"No, I am really speaking to you," the snake answered, "I have never spoken to a human before though. Would you like me to take care of this man for you?"

"I can hear you," Skylar stated pretty calmly for a guy who had just realized he was able to communicate with a snake, "What do you plan to do to him?"

"What do you want me to do to him master?" the snake responded.

"I don't want you to kill him," was all that Skylar had to say, "Just knock him out, that's all I need."

"Understood," the snake said

With that, the snake slithered out from the bush and over toward Gregory. Gregory noticed the snake and begun to back up in fear. The snake hissed as it got closer. Gregory screamed for the snake to get away, but it wasn't working. Gregory decided to try to get rid of it by force. He swung his walking stick at the snake but the snake slithered away and then wrapped himself around the walking stick. Gregory tried to knock the snake lose by slamming the stick on the ground, but the snake quickly made itself onto Gregory's arm and continued slithering up.

Gregory tried to smack him off, but to no avail. The snake kept slithering out of the way until it reached his shoulder. At that moment, the snake lunged onto Gregory's neck and bit into it. Gregory tried to smack the the snake again, but he didn't have enough strength to finish the slap. He fell limp and then to his back. After falling to his back, the snake let go of Gregory's neck. Gregory was totally knocked out as Skylar nodded to the snake, "Thanks."

"Anytime," the snake replied, "He'll be out for a few hours."

At that moment, Charles, Gerald and Ramona all cheered, "You did Skylar, you did it!"

Ramona was rushing out the door as she jumped to Skylar and gave him a big hug while Charles and Gerald stood at the top of the stairs with a smile.

"So, what do we do now?" Charles asked Gerald.

"We reveal what the mayor was doing with the money, with documented evidence," Gerald answered.

"That sounds like a plan to me," Charles agreed, "Are you still thinking about the fact that you aren't really a Ricardo? After all you have that letter."

"I understand what he was thinking," Gerald said to him, "After having what he loved taken from him, he wanted someone new to care about. I grew up alone, my real parents were killed when I was young. He saw that as an opportunity to have someone to care about. No matter how hard he tried though, I couldn't replace his girlfriend. How could I really? But I believe he really did love me as a son. He's just damaged. That's all there is to it."

"I hope you find out what happened to your parents one day," Charles smiled.

"So do I," Gerald nodded.

Insufficient Funds! Reward For The Journey!

Alex storm
01-28-2013, 06:25 AM
Good chapter!!:)

Maikeru D. Shinigami
01-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Chapter 8: Insufficient Funds! Reward For The Journey!

Previously, on Rocky Raiders. The battle for Levi Village finally reached its conclusion as Skylar finally defeated Mayor Gregory. We found out the reason for Gregory's insanity was his father. His father had demanded him to never see his girlfriend again after an incident which ended with Gregory's father killing the girl. After the battle between Skylar and Gregory concluded, the reasoning behind Gregory adopting Gerald was revealed. Gregory just wanted someone in his life that he could care for. It may not have turned out the way he had hoped, but with the village saved, everything seemed to be going fine. However, their was still one thing unaccounted for. Captain Manslaughter and his group of bounty hunters.

With the battle over, the kids could move on with living their lives. What exactly would that mean though? Skylar and Ramona had already expressed their interest to go out to sea, but they still had one problem. They had no ship. If they really wanted to become pirates, they would need to find a way to get a ship. They figured it would be fine to just shrug that off for the next day though. After all, they had finished up their adventure. That's when they heard the sound of a transponder snail ringing. -purupurupuru-

Skylar went to the transponder snail to pick it up. Charles told him to be careful because it could be someone dangerous. Skylar wasn't the least bit afraid though. He wanted to know who was on the other line. He picked up the phone part of the transponder snail and spoke, "Hello."

"You don't sound like Gregory," the man on the other side of the line said, "Did I get the wrong number or is he around somewhere?"

"I'm sorry, but Gregory isn't around right now," Skylar responded, "Do you have a message that you would like me to pass on to him?"

"Ask him where my money is," the man exclaimed, "If he really wants me to do what he asked me to do then he owes me payment of 10,000 beli."

"Yosh," Skylar replied, "Well, you see there's a problem there. I don't think Gregory will be able to help you with that. Something sort of happened in the town where a group of local pirates found out about a conspiracy. Gregory attempted to fight them off, but he's out of commission now."

"What?" the man shouted, "I told him to cover his tracks better if he really wanted to succeed. What is the name of this pirate crew? I'm sure they have the money on them now."

"We have not come up with a name yet," Skylar spoke back, "We have only just finished our battle. So, we haven't really had time to do that. We'll have a name within the next two days though."

"Wait, you are the one who defeated Gregory?" the man asked.

"Yes, that would be me," Skylar answered, "The name is Skylar Edwards. Don't forget it."

"Skylar Edwards, never heard that name before," the man said in amusement, "Well, I'm going to go ahead and tell you now that without the funds to pay me, the village is safe. However, I will be searching for you across the North Blue. As soon as you get a bounty on your head, I will find you and take that bounty. Remember the name, I am Captain Manslaughter."

"Captain Manslaughter, so you're the one who Gregory was paying to destroy the village," Skylar realized, "When we meet one day, I will defeat you."

"Hmph, as if you could" Captain Manslaughter shot back, "I like your spunk though kid. We'll see what happens when the time comes."

"We shall," Skylar agreed.

With that, they both hung up the transponder snail. Charles had overheard the conversation and thought to himself about what he could do to help. When he remembered that he was the son of the island's owner, the answer became clear to him. He walked up to Skylar and said to him, "So, you want to be a pirate eh? Well, as a reward for helping save Levi Village, I have something to off you. As the son of the owner of this island, I want to offer you a ship. We have a few at the port town about five miles outside of Levi Village. What do you say?"

"YES!" Skylar cheerer, "Thank you so much Charles. I would most definitely appreciate a gift like that. Before we go, I want to say goodbye to everyone on the island."

"I understand," Charles nodded, "I have one condition. Let me cut off a piece of your fingernail."

"What's that about?" Skylar asked.

"I'll tell you later," Charles answered.

Skylar shrugged at Charles' condition. He grown to trust Charles so he figured that whatever he wanted a piece of his fingernail for would be fine. For the next twenty-four hours, Skylar and Ramona said goodbye to the people in the village while Charles got permission from his father to give away a ship and Gerald sat around just thinking to himself. Ramona's parents were reluctant to let her go, but she wound out sneaking out around two in the morning and got to the port town about twelve hours before anyone else.

When Skylar heard Ramona went missing the next day he knew that that meant she had went on ahead and would meet them there. That's just the we she was. So, he wasn't worried about her disappearing or anything. The next afternoon, Skylar reached the port town at the edge of the ocean. He could smell the sea and he loved it. The site was beautiful. Just a large body of water beneath the partly cloudy sky. Ramona was sitting on a dock waiting for him as a ship approached.

"Well, I guess this is it," she said to him, "At long last our dream of going out to see will be realized."

"Are you sure you want to leave your mother like this?" Skylar asked.

"She'll be fine," Ramona assured him, "She's just worried about me, but I think she will grow to understand why I left. It has always been my dream to become the sniper for a crew led by you."

"That is true, but don't you have any personal reasons for wanting to sail the sea?" Skylar replied, "You do really want to go, don't you?"

"I'll figure that out along the way," Ramona answered, "For now, I just know that I want to see what's beyond this island."

"I just want answers," Skylar told her, "To get them I need to gain experience and strength. I want to know why my father died and why Bryan killed him."

"So, that's the reason you're doing this," the familiar voice of Gerald spoke behind them, "I had always wondered what was driving you to be a pirate."

"What are you doing here Gerald?" Skylar responded.

"Well, it's not like I actually like you guys or anything," Gerald defended himself, "I'm just here because I thought you guys might need an extra member to your crew."

"Psh, as if we need the help of a loser like you," Skylar teased, "What use could our crew possibly have for a guy like you?"

"Man, you can be such an ass," Gerald pouted.

Skylar laughed at that, "Well, I figured I'd mess around with you a bit. Of course we wouldn't mind you joining us."

At that moment, the ship pulled up at the dock next to them. The ship wasn't huge, but it was definitely big enough for a three person crew. It was made entirely of wood with a mast, sails and the typical pirate ship build. The only real difference being at the front of the ship where the ornamentation of a bat head popped out. Charles docked the ship and then let down a rope ladder to let them aboard. They each climbed up one after another and stepped onto the deck of their ship in awe. It wasn't anything abnormal, but they were still able to admire the size and beauty of the deck. Charles walked up to them and pulled out a white piece of paper to show it to Skylar.

"What's that?" Skylar asked.

"This is the product of your fingernail," Charles replied, "I have things I have to do in Levi Village for now like explaining what happened to the mayor, getting the marines to take him off to prison and electing a new official. When I am done though, I want permission to join your crew. This vivre card will lead me to you as soon as I finish."

"Wow, that is handy. In that case, consider yourself a member of our crew," Skylar extended his hand.

Charles shook his hand and smiled, "Thank you captain."

Skylar laughed at that and after saying their goodbyes, Charles climbed down the rope ladder to the dock and waved goodbye. After sailing off, Skylar asked his crew a very important question, "Do either of you know how to navigate us to a good island?"

"I have enough skills to get us to a few islands," Gerald answered, "But I'm not an expert on these waters. Until we find a navigator, you can depend on me."

"Awesome," Skylar exclaimed, "In that case, onto the first island of our journey!"

The other two cheered as the three of them clanged together three mugs filled with orange juice. They were on there way to next island, but at that point, they had no idea it would be even more difficult than the troubles they faced in Levi Village.

He Who Sleeps On The Ocean!