ItachixKisame
12-21-2010, 11:24 AM

State of mind: normal

Distance: 40m

*EDIT*

Konan doesn't have her prep

Devil's Lawyer
12-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Pretty good fight. I would have to go with Shino. His bugs would devour Konan chakra covered paper.

Lady Tsunade
12-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Konans paper attacks are fast as we see when she fights Jiraiya. Shinos reaction speed is not. Good luck to him avoiding her army of paper projectiles, shes winning this with ease.

AfroMan
12-21-2010, 12:50 PM
I would have to go with Shino. Like what Devil said, he could use his bugs to eat Konan's chakra and then kill her.

tyrell4life194
12-21-2010, 12:54 PM
While Shino's bugs can eat Konan's chakra, they are extremely slow, unlike Konan's chakra enfused paper.

I believe Konan wins this.

Kuromaki
12-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Shino's bug speed isn't to be underestimated since he was able to scatter them quickly against Tobi. However, Konan can make more paper to replace the paper she loses, and her paper was shown to be quick too, against Jiraiya. Shino can use Bug Clone to avoid them but I believe Konan can overwhelm him eventually with massive amounts of paper.

Paper bombs help too, though this is assuming that Konan can use them as standard equipment and not just a one time thing, and many ninja can.

ItachixKisame
12-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Just asking, is Konan only a long-range fighter? I believe she can fight up close but decided to ask before posting anything.

Kuromaki
12-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Just asking, is Konan only a long-range fighter? I believe she can fight up close but decided to ask before posting anything.
The way I see it no. She can cover her opponent in paper and avoid close range attacks by turning into paper.

mikeiskewl922
12-21-2010, 03:38 PM
I think that Konan is too fast for Shino, her paper would most likly overwhelm him way before his bugs cold overwhelm her. Plus Explosive Tags would blow up the bugs or scatter them away too.

Lady Tsunade
12-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Shino's bug speed isn't to be underestimated since he was able to scatter them quickly against Tobi. However, Konan can make more paper to replace the paper she loses, and her paper was shown to be quick too, against Jiraiya. Shino can use Bug Clone to avoid them but I believe Konan can overwhelm him eventually with massive amounts of paper.

Paper bombs help too, though this is assuming that Konan can use them as standard equipment and not just a one time thing, and many ninja can.

I doubt he can use bug clone, his reaction speed isn't good enough - perhaps he could use it once, at the initial 30 metres, but after that , when her paper is close range, he can't really do anything at all.

His bugs speed wasn't too impressive imo. Didn't Tobi just stand and watch as his bugs came at him? And when the bugs scattered they were already at fairly close range, iirc.

tyrell4life194
12-21-2010, 05:10 PM

Tobi hasn't shown impressive speed feats. Also, we can't quantify Shino's bug speed, nor do we know their range. We can assume that they are long-range, due to them able to attack Tobi (aka, good boy) from a distance. Konan on the other hand can spam her paper attacks iirc, except her Billion Bomb Technique. She was able to do so when she faced against Jiraiya's Fire Style Techniques, and I believe she overpowered them. It's unlikely that Shino has the necessary speed to avoid any of her Techniques, while sending his bugs to eat her chakra.

Kuromaki
12-21-2010, 09:42 PM
I doubt he can use bug clone, his reaction speed isn't good enough - perhaps he could use it once, at the initial 30 metres, but after that , when her paper is close range, he can't really do anything at all.

His bugs speed wasn't too impressive imo. Didn't Tobi just stand and watch as his bugs came at him? And when the bugs scattered they were already at fairly close range, iirc.
Not sure but in any case, Konan wins with paper spam. The bugs managed to get to Tobi right away but that was probably mid range.
Tobi hasn't shown impressive speed feats. Also, we can't quantify Shino's bug speed, nor do we know their range. We can assume that they are long-range, due to them able to attack Tobi (aka, good boy) from a distance. Konan on the other hand can spam her paper attacks iirc, except her Billion Bomb Technique. She was able to do so when she faced against Jiraiya's Fire Style Techniques, and I believe she overpowered them. It's unlikely that Shino has the necessary speed to avoid any of her Techniques, while sending his bugs to eat her chakra.
She never really overpowered Jiraiya's fire in the manga, I think she may have dodged or scattered since it showed her paper burning but she was fine. but that has no relevance to this debate. Shino can't keep avoiding her paper while trying to send his bugs at her forever especially if she has paper bombs.

tyrell4life194
12-22-2010, 03:43 AM
Not sure but in any case, Konan wins with paper spam. The bugs managed to get to Tobi right away but that was probably mid range.

She never really overpowered Jiraiya's fire in the manga, I think she may have dodged or scattered since it showed her paper burning but she was fine. but that has no relevance to this debate. Shino can't keep avoiding her paper while trying to send his bugs at her forever especially if she has paper bombs.
Ok. Of course. It's unlikely that Shino has the necessary speed to dodge Konan's paper, while sending bugs after her, in order to eat her chakra. Also, he has to worry about paper bomb, which Konan can use, if the bugs either corner her, or Shino is close enough to her to land a devestating blow (which won't happen).