PDA

View Full Version : Get in here! I have a question for everyone!

Rogue Priestess
07-01-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm sure this has crossed everyone's mind. Is naruto in the past or the present? They have electronics of sorts, but yet they're all like from the past, like how they have a village and not a city, etc.

If anyone can answer this question please tell me.

Hawk
07-01-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm sure this has crossed everyone's mind. Is naruto in the past or the present? They have electronics of sorts, but yet they're all like from the past, like how they have a village and not a city, etc.

Well i think its in the past

Luna Mikazuki
07-01-2009, 03:58 PM
I think they have no set time zone

Or maybe they live in a different world...but that wouldn't be possible since they know what the planet Mars is...unless they are on a different planet...but then Kabuto wouldn't have mentioned Cleopatra...or would he?...

I say they are in the same time as we are like when the manga or anime started

mangagirl
07-01-2009, 04:01 PM
i agree

Rogue Priestess
07-01-2009, 04:01 PM

Or maybe they live in a different world...but that wouldn't be possible since they know what the planet Mars is...unless they are on a different planet...but then Kabuto wouldn't have mentioned Cleopatra...or would he?...

If they are, why don'tthey live in a city? Their village is big enough to be a medium or small sized city.

Darkest-Yang
07-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Their is no setting time so it is about the same time as we just they didn't invent cars or anything really to much of what they need

Anbu-Phoenix
07-01-2009, 05:02 PM
because they didn't have dinosaurs doing such they can't use fossil fuels they use steam powered and lightning rods to use as electricity and you cant run a city on a steam engine or a lightning rod

StuckInReality4
07-01-2009, 06:42 PM
I think they live in a different world altogether. because in one of my fanbooks the author said that he didn't want any projectile weopans of vehicals in the story, or else the plot would have been resolved a long time ago. it has to be a different world.

ThunderSpirit
07-01-2009, 08:37 PM
I don't think the story is set with any relationship in time or place to the real world.

Kisame
07-01-2009, 08:43 PM
It's set in an entirely different world. There's a chance it might be set in a post apocolytic era. They might have had huge wars with nuclear bombs and other destructive weapons that reshaped the worls and after the war was done they began a new life and any traces of technology were used on the new world. Plus I remember it being stated in the manga the wars before ninja were a lot more destructive than with ninjas, but I doubt Kishi will go that route.

Rogue Priestess
07-01-2009, 09:00 PM
It's set in an entirely different world. There's a chance it might be set in a post apocolytic era. They might have had huge wars with nuclear bombs and other destructive weapons that reshaped the worls and after the war was done they began a new life and any traces of technology were used on the new world. Plus I remember it being stated in the manga the wars before ninja were a lot more destructive than with ninjas, but I doubt Kishi will go that route.

This actually gave me a lot of ideas and I'm going to sat the one I find the most reasonable.

It might be a different possible present. I believe that it could be an alternate reality where something different happened in the past and they have little technology in their present.

About the thing before ninja wars, it was actually a bunch of clans and such that were hired by countries to take out other countries, such as the uchiha clan, they were one of the most feared warriors and there was another one that I forgot the name.

The reason it's the before ninja war is because they weren't really ninjas, but they still had a multiple amount of jutsus.

Kisame
07-01-2009, 09:03 PM
This actually gave me a lot of ideas and I'm going to sat the one I find the most reasonable.

It might be a different possible present. I believe that it could be an alternate reality where something different happened in the past and they have little technology in their present.

About the thing before ninja wars, it was actually a bunch of clans and such that were hired by countries to take out other countries, such as the uchiha clan, they were one of the most feared warriors and there was another one that I forgot the name.

The reason it's the before ninja war is because they weren't really ninjas, but they still had a multiple amount of jutsus.

They didn't have jutsus until the Sage came along then they became ninjs plus as time passes Ninutsu develops, so the current ones are probably more destructive than the older ones.

Rogue Priestess
07-01-2009, 09:11 PM
They didn't have jutsus until the Sage came along then they became ninjs plus as time passes Ninutsu develops, so the current ones are probably more destructive than the older ones.

Wait a second, are you saying there was something besides the clan wars? I'm gonna have to reread that stuff, I guess I missed something, or maybe I forgot it.

Maybe, maybe not, you never know, they might be though ... Hey, I just rhymed, and I didn't even realize it.

I like your signature, by he way.

Kisame
07-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Wait a second, are you saying there was something besides the clan wars? I'm gonna have to reread that stuff, I guess I missed something, or maybe I forgot it.

Maybe, maybe not, you never know, they might be though ... Hey, I just rhymed, and I didn't even realize it.

I like your signature, by he way.

Well I meant that in the manga it was stated something like before there were ninja wars were a lot more destructive. It was said somewhere around Nagato's death.

Thanks, TTGL's epic, especially Kamina.:mrgreen:

Hidden Ninja45
07-01-2009, 09:46 PM
It's a strange combination of the past the present.

Kuromaki
07-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Both.

ByakuKage
07-01-2009, 09:52 PM
I think it's set in an alternate dimension. Something happened (after the reign of Cleopatra), that caused the world of Naruto to branch off into a different path then our own.

But, that's just my theory

FreezingArt
07-01-2009, 10:50 PM
An altenate dimension between the past and future. Its a whole new world out there.

#1narutofan
07-01-2009, 10:58 PM
I don't think the story is set with any relationship in time or place to the real world.
actually the hidden leaf village is based around masashi kishimotos home town in japan, and the reason they have some technology but not as advanced as ours is that kishimoto wanted to give the manga some realism, but didnt want things like firearms and cars in it because that would take away from the fantasy element in naruto.

Windking
07-03-2009, 04:04 AM

WOW..good explanation..

Chidori Shuriken
07-03-2009, 11:46 AM
They don't live in a city because Naruto wouldn't be right in a city. Imagine them traveling to a mission by a car. Really?

Anime Lover
07-03-2009, 11:59 AM

i have to agree with him it definately is a different world sort of where technology and the past combine a little but mostly it looks past (no cars but there is electricity)

Anime Lover
07-03-2009, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=Chidori Shuriken;456071 Imagine them traveling to a mission by a car. Really?[/QUOTE]

LOL funny :mrgreen:

(quote fail)

i eat rasengan
07-03-2009, 12:16 PM

I don't think it matters.. :p but yeah it has crossed my mind. I think it's in the present in an entirely different world... thats manga for you.

Sage Of Six Paths
07-04-2009, 06:58 AM
I'm not that sure either.

In the original pilot for Naruto,

one of the characters had a gun.

He was the antagonist in the story

and he wasn't a ninja. Since then, there

hasn't been a single gun scene, or even a

mention of shooting somebody. Except when

Suigetsu points his finger to Sasuke's head like

a gun. Or when Kimimaro uses his Finger Bullets

Jutsu. Yeah... It's just an alternate universe. Don't

question it. Or else, they will come after you.

Fimimaro
07-05-2009, 10:15 AM
I'd say from the past w/ kinda magicy stuff (ninjutsu)

Rafael
07-05-2009, 10:21 AM
they live the present world because in the anime you can see a computer in Inaris room and in the pilot naruto you see a city,bikes ,guns,cars, etc they live in planet Earth and in the present

kakashi uzumaki
07-05-2009, 10:47 AM
i am guessing its in the past because in japans history things were much like how they are in the series and what king of technology do they have?
like for example: they make their own medicine out of plants and stuff well exept that most of the time they use chakra and stuff to heal the person

but most likely in the past

Rafael
07-05-2009, 10:58 AM
they live the present world because in the anime you can see a computer in Inaris room and in the pilot naruto you see a city,bikes ,guns, cars, etc they live in planet Earth and in the present

Maxtone
07-05-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm not that sure either.

In the original pilot for Naruto,

one of the characters had a gun.

He was the antagonist in the story

and he wasn't a ninja. Since then, there

hasn't been a single gun scene, or even a

mention of shooting somebody. Except when

Suigetsu points his finger to Sasuke's head like

a gun. Or when Kimimaro uses his Finger Bullets

Jutsu. Yeah... It's just an alternate universe. Don't

question it. Or else, they will come after you.

Also in one of the movies I believe Sky Ninja had some kind of weapon shooting blaster also even though its filler Naruto's toad gun with Gamatatsu mentions a gun even though it doesn't really count

Marikodesu
07-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Present World, Alternative Universe.

athoatho
07-07-2009, 12:33 PM
i think they live in this time why in the village because Ninja always lived in isolated village even in the time of old original ninjas there were large cities in japan.
why they dont use modern method may be because they think their methods are better remember Chinese medicine and Acupuncture are still used now.

narutorocks
07-07-2009, 01:37 PM
I think there in the presesnt.. but just in a totally different world.

I like it like thtat though.. I think it fits the story.;)

deathangel
07-07-2009, 01:39 PM
i think in the past 'cuz of the village & some of their clothes.... & some of the weapons r not around anymore ( watch to much history channels )

Shiori
07-07-2009, 01:48 PM
I dont really think that there is a time setting because its a bit like the past and a bit like the future. but i dont think it has anything to do with the real world. sort of like an alternate reality.

Mai
07-07-2009, 02:13 PM
iunno....

Kabuto Yakushi
07-07-2009, 05:46 PM
I think the whole of Naruto enjoys making the most out of an oldies theme...
Like dragonball, they do tend to use electronics, which allways leaves the viewer wondering... i get the feeling that we're supposed to think like this... maybe it will all be answered in the final episode :P
cheese
x:)

jade_waz_here
07-07-2009, 05:49 PM
i dont think its the past cuz cuz they even have street lights i think is just....well idk how 2 put it....different?

Kabuto Yakushi
07-07-2009, 05:53 PM
i dont think its the past cuz cuz they even have street lights i think is just....well idk how 2 put it....different?

yes my friend, it is most definatley different...one of the reasons we all love it sooooo much :D
x

VivaSasuke-kun
07-12-2009, 12:07 AM
It's Kishi's own alternate reality version of Japan... I guess it's an alternate present, just minus the luxuries like cars and other such stuff. [But wait, ya, there's no cars in the manga, but in the Movie with the Princess or whatever, they were in a truck, almost got hit by a train... there was a blimpy thing...???]

danboy
07-12-2009, 02:15 AM
9 words perhaps naruto's world is just like the twilight zone

Suigetsu101
07-12-2009, 05:21 AM
It's just the show. The way it was made i mean. There's Tvs and stuff gameboys well there in japan and it
s just the show it's in the past and sortof the future it has both in it. Or something like that:|

PrinnyDood939
07-13-2009, 04:51 PM
It seems like they're in our time period in some third-world country or whatever it's called where they're not real advanced...

madara'
07-13-2009, 05:10 PM
sorry.idk.:(

sasori_rocks!_02
07-13-2009, 05:13 PM
I think its a mix of modern times and olden ones to

InfinityReaper
07-13-2009, 05:42 PM
I think its around our time just, maybe Kishimoto didnt want to have advanced weapons and technology because battles could be settled too easily
example:Itachi-your coming with me
Naruto-No!!!!!
Itachi-*pulls out a gun and shoots naruto*

Plus Deidara would probably use Nuclear weapons and giant destructive new age bombs instead of his stupid Play-Do(i dont own that)

Either that or it has no set time zone as someone mentioned earlier

jukeboxed
07-13-2009, 05:44 PM
It's probably an alternate universe. And then, at the end of the series, Chuck Norris will create a portal between the two worlds and assist Naruto and Co. in their battle against whoever. But that's just me. :P

Rogue Priestess
07-13-2009, 09:30 PM
It's probably an alternate universe. And then, at the end of the series, Chuck Norris will create a portal between the two worlds and assist Naruto and Co. in their battle against whoever. But that's just me. :P

I'm about to say something that might get you mad as hell, Chuck Norris is as tough as the teletubbies compared to the great Bruce Lee,

Maikeru D. Shinigami
07-13-2009, 09:42 PM
More Chuck crap? Gosh! Anyways Naruto is in the present because it's presently being made ... yeah!

Rogue Priestess
07-13-2009, 10:06 PM
More Chuck crap? Gosh! Anyways Naruto is in the present because it's presently being made ... yeah!

-_- Uh, okay ... So, how you doing?

OnyxBlossom
07-13-2009, 10:13 PM
I think its around our time just, maybe Kishimoto didnt want to have advanced weapons and technology because battles could be settled too easily
example:Itachi-your coming with me
Naruto-No!!!!!
Itachi-*pulls out a gun and shoots naruto*

Plus Deidara would probably use Nuclear weapons and giant destructive new age bombs instead of his stupid Play-Do(i dont own that)

Either that or it has no set time zone as someone mentioned earlier
I agree with that. People would be killed easily and the whole storyline would be screwed up.

brooksey
07-13-2009, 10:22 PM
I think its there own little world really, you can't call it past or present. I think they have some electricity. They got tolits blahh can't spell. They have hospitals and big buildings. Its just some things missing.

Edit- They do have some computers or things aswell. They got the communicator spy things talk back to back.

sharingangirl89
07-14-2009, 07:11 PM
oooh very interesting. I also believe it's set in an alternate universe version of Earth, hence our solar system with Mars and everything.. I don't remember anything about Kabuto mentioning Cleopatra so could someone fill me in on that? I didn't even know they had Egypt I thought all the countries were different but that was just my assumption.. I believe it takes place not in like 2000 something but maybe just a completely different year since the calendar would be completely different.. However I think it would be like our world in some respects but as many fictional alternate universes (such as the Golden Compass) often mix past and present components as their pasts have taken different directions than the universe/Earth we know of. By the way, Quantum Physics is really getting into alternate universes/dimensions, it's possible the Naruto world could be really out there you never know.. However, I doubt we'd ever find it, and if not that, still, the possibilities are endless..

itachifan100
07-14-2009, 07:13 PM
there in a village but they have electricity.i say,the rural middle east present

Rogue Priestess
07-14-2009, 07:30 PM
oooh very interesting. I also believe it's set in an alternate universe version of Earth, hence our solar system with Mars and everything.. I don't remember anything about Kabuto mentioning Cleopatra so could someone fill me in on that? I didn't even know they had Egypt I thought all the countries were different but that was just my assumption.. I believe it takes place not in like 2000 something but maybe just a completely different year since the calendar would be completely different.. However I think it would be like our world in some respects but as many fictional alternate universes (such as the Golden Compass) often mix past and present components as their pasts have taken different directions than the universe/Earth we know of. By the way, Quantum Physics is really getting into alternate universes/dimensions, it's possible the Naruto world could be really out there you never know.. However, I doubt we'd ever find it, and if not that, still, the possibilities are endless..

That was a great answer, and about the quantum physics thing, who knows, maybe they've already visited us, but then our demension was split in 2, so as to keep balance in the spacial time thing.

tobianddeidaraismehsenpai
07-16-2009, 11:06 AM
I don't really know, i guess it is in the past or something cause they had messenger birds and frogs. They do have regular lights and don't have to light candles. I really don't know. I think it is in the present maybe.

Nine-TailedSage_Naruto
07-16-2009, 10:27 PM

dude i saw that kabuto has a number of laptops and other high tech medical equipment in his lab.............?

SageNaruto69
07-17-2009, 12:06 PM
its a mixed world,there is electricity but no cars, have big houses, and its all mixed up which creates a cool place

Emo_Prince
07-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Do you know how long my friends and I have pondered about this?

We just came to the conclusion that they are in a different universe than we are. They just happen to have some of the same gadgets.

jesse uzumaki
07-19-2009, 06:15 PM
what I know so far is that yes there was a huge massive war before the series even started and the sage of six paths ended the war and created the moon.

Uberawesome
07-20-2009, 03:21 AM
i just think of it like 2009, you got a TV, your good to go, sasuke had a TV, that is PROOF :D

Cade
07-20-2009, 03:22 AM
Huh??

Kakashi-Hatake
07-21-2009, 11:20 PM
i just think of it like 2009, you got a TV, your good to go, sasuke had a TV, that is PROOF :DNaruto has a TV too.
Also, I also think Naruto takes place in an entire different dimension. That's what I think for everything taking place in video games, television, and other media.

Leaf
07-22-2009, 06:01 AM
Tanzuka is a city, The Village Hidden in The Leaves. its not a city, just because they have electricity doesent mean there a city.. it is still a village