PDA

View Full Version : Pein vs The 4th Hokage

ShadowSanin
11-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Best version we have of the two ninja.

tyrell4life194
11-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Minato:

Minato has speed that is just as fast as A (Raikage). Also, he is widely considered the strongest ninja that ever lived. He is a Seal Master, who specializes seals for the FTG. The FTG Technique is an S-Rank Technique, which is just like the Space/Time Jutsu. The Technique is special because it instantaneously teleports the user from location to another. The way it's done is, the user places special seals on a kunai, and marks the location with the kunai. The user will then warp to that location instantaneously. Minato is powerful enough for him to actually send Madara flying, by placing a seal on Madara,which enables him to warp to him as he pleases. He's also fast enough to avoid a swipe from the Kyuubi fox, and appear under the tree. Even even forced one of the Kyuubi fox's Menacing Balls away from Konoha.

Pein:

Pein is easily above Kage level or higher. He has the Sage of the Six Paths, his strongest jutsu. The 6 Paths are the Human Path, the Naraka Path, the Preta Path, the Asuma Path, the Animal Path, and the Deva Path. The Human Path can steal souls, and look into people's minds. The Animal path can summon animals, hence its name. The Preta Path can absorb any type of Ninjutsu. The Asuma Path can fire out rockets. The Naraka Path can look into people's minds, and can revive the dead. And finally, the Deva Path can use Shinra Tensei, Universal Pull, and Chibaku Tensei.

Kuromaki
11-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Pain is better than Minato in every way. If you count hype, Minato might be faster, but he won't be blitzing thanks to Pain's reaction speed.

Minato has nothing to defend himself from Shinra Tensei, or multiple summons, and I don't really see how he can finish off all 6 bodies before being overwhelmed.

ShadowSanin
11-27-2010, 02:09 PM
:D Whenever i post something i always take the opposite of the board hence discussion lol. I think Minato can take him. He's super fast but not only that you guy forget Minato trained under Jiraya and i think he had sage training too i know he knows how to do frog summons and his knowledge of justsu should give him the edge agains Pein.

Kuromaki
11-27-2010, 02:13 PM
:D Whenever i post something i always take the opposite of the board hence discussion lol. I think Minato can take him. He's super fast but not only that you guy forget Minato trained under Jiraya and i think he had sage training too i know he knows how to do frog summons and his knowledge of justsu should give him the edge agains Pein.
He never showed Sage Mode so you can't assume that he has it.

Pain trained under Jiraiya too. He also casually defeated the man who named Jiraiya's team as the Sannin, how's that for hype.

Vivi
11-27-2010, 02:16 PM
Gama gets blown away by Shinra Tensei as before leaving it crippled.

Minato has no Idea the Bodies are dead.If he uses Shiki Fujin thats a waste.
Not that he can use it 6 times anyway.

He has shown no defense against the Summons directly.
Or does anybody think he'll Rasengan them?
Keiyaku Fujin might work.
But he won't get to Animal Path with so many attacks hindering him.

Minato also lacks Durability Feats.

ShadowSanin
11-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Pain is better than Minato in every way. If you count hype, Minato might be faster, but he won't be blitzing thanks to Pain's reaction speed.

Minato has nothing to defend himself from Shinra Tensei, or multiple summons, and I don't really see how he can finish off all 6 bodies before being overwhelmed.
:D I said think i never said he did but you're right i shouldn't assume that. But Minato stood toe to toe with madara easily and he seemed to be a genius in battle he found out madar's strenghts and weaknesses very quickly his intellect would give him the edge over pein.

Kuromaki
11-27-2010, 02:27 PM
:D I said think i never said he did but you're right i shouldn't assume that. But Minato stood toe to toe with madara easily and he seemed to be a genius in battle he found out madar's strenghts and weaknesses very quickly his intellect would give him the edge over pein.
Minato wouldn't have won without the kunai he had at his house. Without any such kunai to warp to here, he won't be escaping from Pain.

Pain's smart too. He successfully led Akatsuki, among other feats. Madara may have been behind it all but Pain was like his regent.

And intellect won't help when he's been crushed by Shinra Tensei :D

Vivi
11-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Pain's smart too. He successfully led Akatsuki, among other feats. Madara may have been behind it all but Pain was like his regent.

If you think about it the 6 Paths show that Nagato has great Strategic Skills.

Majority would just try to outpower with a ability like that.

But Nagato didnt.
Hence the Formation he used when Naruto arrived in Konoha.
Or while Naruto being busy fighting Animal he resurrected Preta and bought time for Deva to regain his Power.

Devil's Lawyer
11-27-2010, 02:40 PM
See Minato is another character that Kishi messed up. His real speed level is suppose to be atleast as fast as current Naruto in rs mode. But its not so he gets a ct.

ShadowSanin
11-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Minato wouldn't have won without the kunai he had at his house. Without any such kunai to warp to here, he won't be escaping from Pain.

And intellect won't help when he's been crushed by Shinra Tensei :D
Execellent explaination. And i like the whole General regent thing. I think you are right minato might loose this one. Im goin to need a brain like yours on my next naruto verse thread that im about to post.

ShadowSanin
11-27-2010, 02:52 PM
If you think about it the 6 Paths show that Nagato has great Strategic Skills.

Majority would just try to outpower with a ability like that.

But Nagato didnt.
Hence the Formation he used when Naruto arrived in Konoha.
Or while Naruto being busy fighting Animal he resurrected Preta and bought time for Deva to regain his Power.
:D This is so true i didn't think of it that way. Wow you really opened my eyes.

tyrell4life194
11-28-2010, 05:48 PM
See Minato is another character that Kishi messed up. His real speed level is suppose to be atleast as fast as current Naruto in rs mode. But its not so he gets a ct.
Well, here's the thing. By hype, Minato is just as fast as A. Infact, one of A's bodyguards said that Minato is just as fast as the Raikage.

321zigzag3
11-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Minato can only win by exploiting his multiple kunai throwing very well along with his Flying Thunder God technique with rasengan. How well is it done is the key part here. I will leave that up to you.

tyrell4life194
11-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Dude, Minato won't win. Period.

TheBlackChidori
11-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Could Minato even kill Preta Path?

tyrell4life194
11-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Maybe, maybe not.

tyrell4life194
11-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Either way, Minato isn't winning this battle.

TheBlackChidori
11-28-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm just trying to point out the absurdity of this match-up. Until Kishimoto finally writes in the manga that FTG is a dimensional rip, he never touches Deva.

Minato was once called the strongest Shinobi, that is true. But when Pain was created, an entity far above anything we could imagine on the series was created. Doujutsu of the founder of all Jutsu, and given his abilities to boot.

Lady Tsunade
11-29-2010, 09:31 AM
If Minato has had prep, and already placed many Tags around the area to teleport to. He could probably win. Especially with Gamabuntas back up. However, without that prep. ST takes him out in an instant.

tyrell4life194
11-29-2010, 11:14 AM
I'm just trying to point out the absurdity of this match-up. Until Kishimoto finally writes in the manga that FTG is a dimensional rip, he never touches Deva.

Minato was once called the strongest Shinobi, that is true. But when Pain was created, an entity far above anything we could imagine on the series was created. Doujutsu of the founder of all Jutsu, and given his abilities to boot.
Yeah, he was called the strongest Shinobi, but I assume that Naruto already surpassed him. Also, Minato literally has little feats to take on Pein.

Slack 40
11-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Default BG SoM is BL. also no prep so minato doesn't already have a tag placed somewhere. While Minato tries to get one of his pathetic kunai with paper on it, he'll be CST'd or CT dead as he belongs

Vivi
11-29-2010, 12:49 PM
If Minato has had prep, and already placed many Tags around the area to teleport to. He could probably win. Especially with Gamabuntas back up. However, without that prep. ST takes him out in an instant.

Back up?
Gama's useless here.Remember what Deva did to it.
Even if he'd be helpful he'd already be hardpressed against the Dog Summon.
Rest go for Minato.

321zigzag3
11-30-2010, 06:03 AM
The funny thing is I have heard both sides have said Pain and Minato are natural counters for each other. I personally think Pain will win with major difficulty in probability but whatever.

tyrell4life194
11-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Major Difficulty? Unless Minato can spam FTG, then he loses badly.

Lady Tsunade
11-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Back up?
Gama's useless here.Remember what Deva did to it.
Even if he'd be helpful he'd already be hardpressed against the Dog Summon.
Rest go for Minato.

Gamabunta may not be much use against Deva Path, but he can hack and slice or spit water bombs at any of the other Paths. Preventing them from attacking Minato simultaniously. Which could be problematic. He can hold off the Dog summon - should it be summoned. For at least a while. Seeing as how Gamahiro was able to.

tyrell4life194
12-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Gamabunta wasn't useful at all. Did you see what happened to him when he faced Pain?

Vivi
12-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Gamabunta may not be much use against Deva Path, but he can hack and slice or spit water bombs at any of the other Paths.
Preventing them from attacking Minato simultaniously. Which could be problematic. He can hold off the Dog summon - should it be summoned. For at least a while. Seeing as how Gamahiro was able to.

Water Bomb is Water Release in other words Chakra which Preta can absorb.
Animal's other Summons prevent it from doing anything to the other Path's.
Hold off?
The 3 Boss Toads were overwhelmed by the Dog Summon hence how completely worn out they were in 432.What's Bunta gonna do alone?

321zigzag3
12-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Manda is a much better option fighting Pain's summons than Gamabunta.

tyrell4life194
12-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Gamabunta got his ass whooped by Pain's summons twice.

[Shikamaru]
12-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Gamabunta got his ass whooped by Pain's summons twice.
Wrong.

Gama destroyed the summon and was on route to completely impaling Deva, which is when he CT'd him. He never lost to anyone of Pain's summons.

I guarantee the 4th could angle an ambush while Gama is spitting giant water bombs at 6 dudes.

Susanoo's Eyes
12-06-2010, 02:51 PM
;4421015']Wrong.

Gama destroyed the summon and was on route to completely impaling Deva, which is when he CT'd him. He never lost to anyone of Pain's summons.

I guarantee the 4th could angle an ambush while Gama is spitting giant water bombs at 6 dudes.

Dude get your facts straight Gama impaled the cerberus summon and it duplicated and gama never got hit with CT. Also the 3 boss toad summons got ST into the nearest mountain. There is no way Minato can win this unless he had prep time but even then whats stopping Deva from using bansho and Soul Rip combo, or getting hit with Missile spam?? All in all GG minato.

Vivi
12-06-2010, 02:59 PM
;4421015']Wrong.

The Dog Summon disappared because Naruto defeated Animal Path.
432 Page 15 and 16.
Look at how worn out the Frog Summons are.
*Pant, Pant*
No sign of tiredness or anything on the Dog's Side

Also Water Bombs from Gama are Water Release.Water Release = Chakra which Preta Absorbs.
Also if some Paths can dodge to FRS then Water Bombs should be no problem.

gama never got hit with CT.

I think he just mixed them up.

Kon
12-06-2010, 03:00 PM
The pains would beat Minato if it came to jutsu and raw power

Inuyasha
12-06-2010, 03:02 PM
yes but could they touch him I think not

he would take out most just by using combos of teleportation rasengans

but overall yes i do believe pains power will overwhelm Minato

tyrell4life194
12-06-2010, 03:09 PM
;4421015']Wrong.

Dude, you need to get your facts straight.

Gama never destroyed the summons. They multiplied, and as Vivi said, they were destroyed because Naruto took out the Animal Path.

Minato isn't doing anything to Pain.

Susanoo's Eyes
12-06-2010, 04:09 PM
yes but could they touch him I think not

he would take out most just by using combos of teleportation rasengans

but overall yes i do believe pains power will overwhelm Minato

Hurr except minato dosen't have any prep meaning he could not do it off the bat, CT,ST, or missile spam ends it, and minato needs to use a hand seal I believe to use FTG. Plus Minato doesn't have that many feats to compete with Pein, but mostly hype.

ItachixKisame
12-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Gosh everyone is highly underestimating Minato. People, we are talking about the man who is faster than Madara when he was more powerful than he is now. I know that Minato can handle Pain if Naruto was able to.

Vivi
12-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Gosh everyone is highly underestimating Minato. People, we are talking about the man who is faster than Madara when he was more powerful than he is now. I know that Minato can handle Pain if Naruto was able to.

Faster?
You mean when he hit him with FTG?
Show me Minato being faster without it.
Also no proof Madara was more powerful back then.
Nothing seemed different apart he used a Chain.
Also current Madara>That Madara due now having Rinnegan.

Naruto won due to massive Plot.
Deva not being able to all out due to CST.Not using Chibaku Tensei from the Start.When Naruto was stabbed talking to him instead of finishing it.
Pain was out to capture not kill.

ItachixKisame
12-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Well if he is able to use FTG why shouldn't he use it?

Vivi
12-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Well if he is able to use FTG why shouldn't he use it?

FTG requires Seals.
Like the one on the Kunai's.
Kunai's vs Shinra Tensei.Vs Paths capable of dodging FRS.Or simply vs Summons.

Minato could place a Seal on a Body of them but that's it.

As soon as he gets even remotely close it's over due to the Summons,Missile Spam, or Shinra Tensei capable of shooting Boss Summons away.

So basically no matter what Minato does Pain can counter it easily.

tyrell4life194
12-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Well, I believe someone showed me a Manga Scan of Minato using the Hirashin without the use of seals. It was in the Outskirts Battledome, and I joined the forum a few days ago.

Susanoo's Eyes
12-07-2010, 01:52 PM
notes the kunai had a seal on it, and I thin it needs a hand seal to be performed.

Kuromaki
12-08-2010, 06:02 AM
Well, I believe someone showed me a Manga Scan of Minato using the Hirashin without the use of seals. It was in the Outskirts Battledome, and I joined the forum a few days ago.
Chapter and page?

In any case, it was most likely just Shunshin.
notes the kunai had a seal on it, and I thin it needs a hand seal to be performed.
When did Minato ever need a hand seal to warp? Not like that would take a long time..

tyrell4life194
12-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Probably.