PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Chapter 517 Discussion

Anru
11-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Its out what do you all think of the new chapter?

narutonhinataschild
11-17-2010, 01:55 PM
interesting prelude to the coming war. choises-choices Kishi's doing some good work with this one!

Phariah824
11-17-2010, 02:08 PM
wow this was great. its also a nice progression. the 2 ambush forces clashing prior to the main forces meeting. and what a clash. Sai and his Bro and Kankuro and Sasori. for a first time war leader Kankuro is showing some nice ability.

also there are 2 ways to stop the zombies seal soul and like i brought up in a previous post immobilizing it.

if the war continues on like this its going to be amazing.

Kill3r_B-st
11-17-2010, 02:10 PM
i cant find it?

Rikudo Sennin
11-17-2010, 02:11 PM
I cant believe it - Sai's Bro did a spiderman pose at Page ten .xD

and I liked the Cloud Style: Crescent Moon Cutter

EPIC: Omoi will release his Bankai , Damn.

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 02:24 PM
For visuals and plot, I'm into it. However, I have to say that little base camp they set up was lame. You can't fight ninja with trenches and paper bombs. Maybe if the clone army had stumbled into it, although probably not even then. It's not like they were expecting gennin. Kankuro specifically mentioned the impure resurrection technique and the army's plan to deal with Kabuto. I'm not impressed with their military prowess. On a pure odds metric, I'd say the Joint Shinobi Army's chances just fell a lot. But we can all expect PNJ...

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm surprised this chapter came out early.
I I don;t like the part with Anko and Kabuto, that snake! But I am glad that Sai's brother was able to warn him. This was an excellent start to th war. Thankfully, they mentioned how to deal with Kabuto's edo tensei summonings, but is it just me or is how this is being handled different from when Orochimari did it? When Orochimaru did it, if I remember correctly all you had to do was destroy them, now you have to do a whole lot more. Is it just me? If someone could explain it that would be great. :)

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm surprised this chapter came out early.
I I don;t like the part with Anko and Kabuto, that snake! But I am glad that Sai's brother was able to warn him. This was an excellent start to th war. Thankfully, they mentioned how to deal with Kabuto's edo tensei summonings, but is it just me or is how this is being handled different from when Orochimari did it? When Orochimaru did it, if I remember correctly all you had to do was destroy them, now you have to do a whole lot more. Is it just me? If someone could explain it that would be great. :)

No, I'm pretty sure they had to be sealed or immobilized as well. But that might have been because destroying them to the point of stopping them was impractical. Don't remember. But ultimately they were sealed.

Yori
11-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Ha! Absolutly love this chapter. I can already see Omoi is going have a special title and claim fame after this war, he's too bad ass. Moving on looks like Sasori and Deidara love being part of the war even though they are controlled by Kabuto. And how does sai brother make his appearance? With a spider man like pose. Awesome, awesome chapter.

Edit: Remember clone army are traveling underground so if Kankuro team somehow get an advantage in their fight Deidara has back up.

Yori
11-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Im sensing this is gonna be a long arc until Madaras defeat.

I hope so. Kishi is starting it off right

Devil's Lawyer
11-17-2010, 02:36 PM
This chapter was pretty good. Though it was pretty obvious nobody in that squad could handle Sai or Deidara.

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Well Deidara always did know how to stir the pot. Lol

TheBlackChidori
11-17-2010, 02:39 PM
So Sasori's good enough to forcefully possess other Shinobi with his chakra strings. Impressive, unless I saw that wrong.

Yori
11-17-2010, 02:40 PM
So Sasori's good enough to forcefully possess other Shinobi with his chakra strings. Impressive, unless I saw that wrong.

You saw right.

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 02:41 PM
This chapter was pretty good. Though it was pretty obvious nobody in that squad could handle Sai or Deidara.

Really, this was a ninja fail on both sides (although ultimately Konkuro's team is on it's heals right now). And I think Sasori had more to do with the lame result for Capt. Konkuro than Deidara. Sai didn't really accomplish a lot. The earth element guy did more to keep people alive, really. But unless they get there junk together, it's only delaying the end. Mr. Worry Wart seems like their best chance at the moment, but that's only because Kishi set him up that way. None of us know what he can really do yet. I'm expecting big things.

DeemonFox
11-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Great Chaptere!! Can't Kankuro use the Kugutsu no Jutsu to control the enemy or even teammates like Chiyo did Sakura?

Yori
11-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Great Chaptere!! Can't Kankuro use the Kugutsu no Jutsu to control the enemy or even teammates like Chiyo did Sakura?

He's probably not that experience. Surprised Sasori can do it though

Jutsu Junkie

It's likely, although I don't remember him actually using it as Chiyo did. But this is obviously a rematch between Konkuro and Sasori, so it should be special.

Rikudo Sennin
Plot No Jutsu will ultimately buff Omoi.

..He might be even using bankai..

Yori
11-17-2010, 02:46 PM
That was Anko Kabuto was holding right? Looks like he owned her pretty fast

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 02:47 PM
It was Anko

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 02:48 PM
... and she was owned. Sad how easy that was for Kabuto.

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 02:49 PM
I agree, I would have thought she would have died before being taken

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 02:50 PM
As we've seen, Kabuto seems to be a master of poison, possibly better than Sasori...

GwynethUchiha
11-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Anko is dead?! T-T........Sai meet his brother it was touching

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 03:00 PM
No just captured, for now, But in Kabuto's hands who knows what he has in store for her.

DeemonFox
11-17-2010, 03:07 PM
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion(she's dead) just yet. I was hoping their fight would give us more insight on Orochibuto. What can you expect fighting your old sensei with madara waiting in the wings? Poor Anko!`~(

GwynethUchiha
11-17-2010, 03:08 PM
You mean Orochimaru?

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion(she's dead) just yet. I was hoping their fight would give us more insight on Orochibuto. What can you expect fighting your old sensei with madara waiting in the wings? Poor Anko!`~(

I like that name, Orochibuto. Lol It suits his new form. A girl will never get near him again that's for sure, not looking like that. yuckies!!

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 03:20 PM
I like that name, Orochibuto. Lol It suits his new form. A girl will never get near him again that's for sure, not looking like that. yuckies!!

I don't know about that. Under different circumstances, Anko does have a morbid fascination with snakes. Had he not been an enemy nin, Kabuto might have been ... interesting to her.

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Say it isn't so, she only summons them, she doesn't sleep with them and Kabuto is as slimy as they can be.

Pain_man_who_became_god
11-17-2010, 03:28 PM
this chapter was sooooooo good:) i LOVE LOVE LOVE sasori and deidara being back. and i always liked sais bro. omoi is gonna be rad. wind cutter was cool. sasori controlling unwillingly! hell yes he is the best puppetmaster. i have a feeling tho that PNJ is gonna win it for kankuro. however i hope sasori wins it. i think sasori is gonna fight sasori puppet. i think itll make me lol out of irony

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Is anyone else wondering why Kabuto revived both Sasori and Granny Chiyo??

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Say it isn't so, she only summons them, she doesn't sleep with them and Kabuto is as slimy as they can be.

Well, as messed up as he is, he's not actually a snake, and what if he had been a good boy? Many ninjas in Narutoverse have a strange totemic connection to certain animals, and I could see Anko convincing herself that he's not actually a snake. Disgusting, ain't it? LOL But if you think about it, there are all sorts of circus freaks walking around in love with each other. I mean, the lobster man ain't a lobster!

Is anyone else wondering why Kabuto revived both Sasori and Granny Chiyo??

Double the power. Why not? I'd want two puppetmasters also. They don't even need their own puppets the way things are going. It's genius.

Ragato Uchiha
11-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Sai Vs. His Brother

Sasori Vs. Kankuro

? Vs. Deidara

and what about Haku and Zabuza

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 03:39 PM
He's pretty darn close though and he isn't a good boy. I do see your point though. Anko does have a strange way of doing things and an even stranger sense of humor.

makaveli575
11-17-2010, 03:41 PM
meh was a mediocre chapter I was hoping for a look at the last part of Naruto's training but looks we'll have to wait at least another week :(.

Kill3r_B-st
11-17-2010, 03:42 PM
who do you guys think are gonnna fight each other in the ambush squadren. i think omoi vs deidara sai vs brother an kank vs sasori

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Deidara would eventually most likely be going up against his former teach, the Tsuchikage.

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Sai Vs. His Brother

Sasori Vs. Kankuro

? Vs. Deidara

Definitely Omoi vs. Deidara. Although the current setup favors Omoi vs. Sai's brother (but that may not last).

I think the corpse crew has this on lock down, unless Omoi has something special for them, or if Konkuro can mimic Sasori's technique. Unfortunately, both squads fail at stealth...

HachibiXSenpai
11-17-2010, 03:57 PM
oh great, of all people OMOI's getting character development.....good thing he won't last long ^-^

Anna
11-17-2010, 04:01 PM
this wouldve been interesting had sakura been there to fight sasori, again :/ , but its still a great chapter, i wish the next one would come out sooner XP, i want to know what happens with naruto. It was sooooooo short!!!!

Yori
11-17-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm glad Naruto wasn't seen in this chapter. I got tired of him.

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Kankuro had to learned from his prior fight with Sasori. Since then he must have learned from his mistakes and most definitely built a more solid foundation. This time when he fights he should fare much better against Sasori.

Phariah824
11-17-2010, 04:43 PM
i think that Sasori was using the dead ninja as puppets i don't think they were alive like Granny used w/ Sakura.

also the joint forces strategy wasn't lame. they weren't using that as an ambush zone they were setting it up as a base camp. using traps as a perimeter defense and trenches as defensive zones. if u have an enemy that can travel through earth trenches make a good defense because they would than burrow into them and lose surprise. they also spread your own forces out so they cant be hit w/ one attack and nuked. remember they have their sensor ninja scanning around scoping out the terrain. trenches and traps are standards in military base camp defenses.

the biggest rule of combat, all the planning you do goes out the window after the first attack is made. all you can do is prepare for is multiple enemy reactions and hope your troops maintain their cool and utilize thier training. there is always the chance that your enemy won't react the way you plan and screw up your own plans.

also for the 2 ambush forces colliding. you forget that the bugs were spread out creating an anti-sensor zone. pretty much 2 fog of war zones hitting each other. so no it wasn't lame at all.

Parak111
11-17-2010, 05:14 PM
The chapter was great. That Aburame's death was a little too sudden, but at least it was a side character.

And finally, Sai meets his deceased brother. I can't wait to see how this is going to turn out.

Oh, yeah, and Anko. I really wonder what Kabuto has in mind for her...

Zango
11-17-2010, 05:32 PM
The chapter was great. That Aburame's death was a little too sudden, but at least it was a side character.

And finally, Sai meets his deceased brother. I can't wait to see how this is going to turn out.

Oh, yeah, and Anko. I really wonder what Kabuto has in mind for her...

RAPE.

Anyways, I also liked the chapter. Hey, as long as we keep getting fight scenes involving everyone's favorite band of brain-nomming villans, how could you NOT like the chapters? Also, the small scene in the Hot Spring country totally made me think of Hidan. `~( I'm sure he'll get out of that pit... eventually...

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 05:38 PM
i think that Sasori was using the dead ninja as puppets i don't think they were alive like Granny used w/ Sakura.

also the joint forces strategy wasn't lame. they weren't using that as an ambush zone they were setting it up as a base camp. using traps as a perimeter defense and trenches as defensive zones. if u have an enemy that can travel through earth trenches make a good defense because they would than burrow into them and lose surprise. they also spread your own forces out so they cant be hit w/ one attack and nuked. remember they have their sensor ninja scanning around scoping out the terrain. trenches and traps are standards in military base camp defenses.

the biggest rule of combat, all the planning you do goes out the window after the first attack is made. all you can do is prepare for is multiple enemy reactions and hope your troops maintain their cool and utilize thier training. there is always the chance that your enemy won't react the way you plan and screw up your own plans.

also for the 2 ambush forces colliding. you forget that the bugs were spread out creating an anti-sensor zone. pretty much 2 fog of war zones hitting each other. so no it wasn't lame at all.

I beg to differ, in that they are fighting elite resurrected ninja, not mundane infantry. They already know that they can't defeat them with those tactics, as per Konkuro's intel. They were preparing for a lame gennin attack at best, not an assault by elite undead. Also, it simply wasn't a stealthy setup in the first place -- a must for any ambush. Why make your base camp so obvious? They're ninjas, not an artillery squad! They would have been better off bivouacing in the trees (among other options that don't include being obvious) and using their own means of chakra-based camouflage, which they didn't do. The Aburame's cloaking was happenstance, something they didn't know was going to be there and couldn't count on in any case, cut off as he was. Depending on open-air trenches visible from the sky and paper-bombs that have a history in this manga of being fairly ineffective is lame.

zerosameri
11-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Stupid chapter. The stuff about the Jutsu wasn't even 'new' :/

The person is Kabuto's Tail look like Sasuke to me XD

Parak111
11-17-2010, 05:42 PM
RAPE.

Anyways, I also liked the chapter. Hey, as long as we keep getting fight scenes involving everyone's favorite band of brain-nomming villans, how could you NOT like the chapters? Also, the small scene in the Hot Spring country totally made me think of Hidan. `~( I'm sure he'll get out of that pit... eventually...

This reminds me. A Frost Country was introduced in this chapter. I don't think it has ever been shown or even mentioned in the past. I wonder what's the deal with it...

lolohwd
11-17-2010, 05:44 PM
so anko died?

well i think its going to be darui vs kakuzu next

george hyuga
11-17-2010, 05:44 PM
fudge i hope anko isn't dead T_T

Zango
11-17-2010, 05:45 PM
This reminds me. A Frost Country was introduced in this chapter. I don't think it has ever been shown or even mentioned in the past. I wonder what's the deal with it...

Well, after Kishi resurrected the people from the third Shippuden movie, it's obvious what it is: Kishi is going and making every Naruto movie ever made canon. Now, the Clash in the Land of Snow is totally canon. Or maybe that was where Haku was from, since he said it snowed alot. Meh, IDK. Let's just go put ourselves back into our freezers and wait for next week's chapter.

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Me too, in a weird way I kind of like Anko even if she is a remnant from Orochimaru's past.

lolohwd
11-17-2010, 05:46 PM
wait so since kakuzu uses that wierd tech does that mean he can take like 2oo hearts of shinobi soliders and store them?

Zango
11-17-2010, 05:47 PM
wait so since kakuzu uses that wierd tech does that mean he can take like 2oo hearts of shinobi soliders and store them?

Probably not, I'm pretty sure he could only have a maximum of five at one time.

Edit: Also, BTW, GRAMMAR NAZI FROWNS UPON YOUR POST!

(Should be: Wait, so since Kakuzu uses that weird technique does that mean he can talk like 200 hearts of shinobi soldiers and store them?)

george hyuga
11-17-2010, 05:48 PM
sai vs his bro, sad but epic

Yori
11-17-2010, 05:49 PM
anko died just like that? lol biggest troll moment in Naruto

Zango
11-17-2010, 05:52 PM
anko died just like that? lol biggest troll moment in Naruto

Well, we don't know she's dead, but she's certainly boned.

Maybe Kabuto's going to pop into Madara's basement, put Anko in a spot next to Yamato and declare "Lol now da Zetsu's has boobz :3".

george hyuga
11-17-2010, 05:52 PM
well.maybe on the anime they'll show a full fight

lolohwd
11-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Well, we don't know she's dead, but she's certainly boned.

what do you mean by that?

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 05:55 PM
I've noticed the animated seems to follow the manga fairly well, only difference is that of course it's live action.

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 05:56 PM
what do you mean by that?

Well, there was discussion about Anko's snake fetish. Just sayin'...

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Yes and I'm still not sure where that started seeing as how all she does is summon snakes

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Yes and I'm still not sure where that started seeing as how all she does is summon snakes

innuendo is an art.

lolohwd
11-17-2010, 06:05 PM
where is this discussion of her fetish?

i want to join in

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 06:06 PM
where is this discussion of her fetish?

i want to join in

Comment #30 on page 2. The more the merrier...

george hyuga
11-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Sai's brother resembled Sakura XD

tsuki
11-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Great chapter this week!. Like I said before, this is going to be the best Arc yet!

ohh, and will the Zombies really not die even if Kabuto is killed?

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Yes, it's true they'll live on to terrorize hahaha

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 06:27 PM
The real question is whether they will be bound to Kabuto's purpose/will after his death. After all, most of them couldn't care less about this ninja war, or would rather fight against Madara. They are conscious after all.

george hyuga
11-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Probably go back to their families

tsuki
11-17-2010, 06:29 PM
The real question is whether they will be bound to Kabuto's purpose/will after his death. After all, most of them couldn't care less about this ninja war, or would rather fight against Madara. They are conscious after all.

Yes, that also interests me.

But if his chakra is no longer feeding the Jutsu, then how can they still exist. It doesn't make sense to me.

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Yes, that also interests me.

But if his chakra is no longer feeding the Jutsu, then how can they still exist. It doesn't make sense to me.

Well, ask yourself this: what binds a spirit to a body? They have their own chakra. It isn't likely that Kabuto is supplying all those zombies with the fuel for their jutsus...

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Currently they have free will, Kabuto has said that he will take complete control over them by the time of the war. As such, they'd have to kill Kabuto quickly to achieve that. That way they could communicate with loved ones.

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Currently they have free will, Kabuto has said that he will take complete control over them by the time of the war. As such, they'd have to kill Kabuto quickly to achieve that. That way they could communicate with loved ones.

Of course, he also is contemplating messing with some people by using their personalities...

george hyuga
11-17-2010, 06:39 PM
That's a low blow, him using souls

lolohwd
11-17-2010, 06:42 PM
i think we need more cloud(dark skinned) people lol

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Using their personalities? Yes, he was going to do that but eventually he was going to finish the job so to speak, later on

Dio Brando
11-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Yakushi Kabuto's ass snake is so pimp

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 06:48 PM
i think we need more cloud(dark skinned) people lol

I think they just look better the way Kishi inks the manga. Sometimes I get a bit confused on certain cells the way they are rendered. Dark skin stands out against the backgrounds he chooses a lot.

Besides, Darui is just cool looking. His face has character. The portrait Kishi did of him in front of the army was awesome.

Using their personalities? Yes, he was going to do that but eventually he was going to finish the job so to speak, later on

So this buys the opposition some time to make it happen. Just not much...

Yakushi Kabuto's ass snake is so pimp

"ass snake" lulz!

Slack 40
11-17-2010, 06:48 PM
What if we saw Ebizo (chiyo's husband) fight chiyo and we can see if he has some crazy awesome powers? That would be sad though old man fighting his dead wife, or MAYBE he'll be fighting them and maybe my thorey that if they kill kabuto the zombies will be back in possession of their bodies and Ebizo and Chiyo will be battling together and at the end of the war Ebizo will die and chiyo and him will be together forever

or Ebizo will go Morgan Freeman mode and destroy the akatsuki

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 06:50 PM
I thought Ebizo and Granny Chiyo were brother and sister??

Dio Brando
11-17-2010, 06:55 PM
"ass snake" lulz!

Whats so funny about ass snake?

What would you call a snake that come out of someone's ass? -_-

Its official name is ass snake...

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Whats so funny about ass snake?

What would you call a snake that come out of someone's ass? -_-

Its official name is ass snake...

What was I thinking? It's not funny at all. It's freakin' hilarious. :lol:

Yamato: Bitten by a damned ass snake!

Kabuto: Yes, my ass snake is silent but deadly...

Madara: Who broke wind? ... damn you, Kabuto! #escapes with spacetime jutsu# Awwk! The stench, it follows me!

Nine-Tailed Sage
11-17-2010, 07:06 PM
1. i thought the person in kabuto's tail was sasuke for a minute..

2. i don't think that the allied forces strategy was lame....the set up trenches so they could take cover if anything were to happen.They set up traps to make sure no one could sneak up on them (cause it would be a complete fail on their part if the ambush team got ambushed...but they get ambushed anyway..so i guess THAT was a fail afterall).And finally this was their main base and they were just discussing plans there..they were going to set up other bases but they got attacked by the madara's ambush team...

3.The ninjas sasori was controlling were already dead/fainted or too weak to fight his control...he wasn't controlling live ninjas like chiyo...and kankuro could probably do the same thing if he wanted to

4.Sai vs his bro , Omoi (he was beast btw) vs deidara, kankuro vs Sasori , hoheto and saji vs that fat sensor ninja :D

5. I wonder how they are going to "trick" kabuto to end his technique...?

Dio Brando
11-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Ass snake wants Anko.

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Lets just hope that snake of Kabuto's just doesn't get too friendly towards him. Unless that's why he let the snake grow there in the first place. Reallt disturbing!

Dio Brando
11-17-2010, 07:16 PM
It does grow there.

As you can see his true form that snake comes out of his ass. You know when he used Oral Rebirth.

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Ass snake wants Anko.

I know, right? It's like all up on her and stuff...

@Nine-Tailed Sage

It was lame. They're ninja, but they started making camp like a bunch of army grunts. Their base was too obvious: it doesn't matter what the purpose of the base was, when stealth is a matter of life and death on this mission. No matter what your plans are, being obvious in enemy territory shouldn't be among them -- even if you are setting up your ambush elsewhere. Ergo, lame.

Nine-Tailed Sage
11-17-2010, 07:26 PM
@Nine-Tailed Sage

It was lame. They're ninja, but they started making camp like a bunch of army grunts. Their base was too obvious: it doesn't matter what the purpose of the base was, when stealth is a matter of life and death on this mission. No matter what your plans are, being obvious in enemy territory shouldn't be among them -- even if you are setting up your ambush elsewhere. Ergo, lame.

true but they din't tthink they would meet enemy ambush squads (kankuro did say that it was a rare coincidence that it happened)...so they probably expected the enemy to be moving towards them through tree etc..and if that happened then sai would spot them..

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 07:26 PM
You have a point, where was the camouflage, it was sadly lacking. I don't think they even tried, it was like they wanted to get caught.

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 07:30 PM
I think what people are forgetting is that we are seeing conventional real world techniques being used against undead demigods, by supernatural elite combat specialists who should simply know better. That, ladies and gentlemen, is what fail is made of.

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 07:32 PM
You make it sound like a Night of the Living Dead movie

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 07:38 PM
lol, no. Kishi made it like that. I'm not the one who raised an army of undead super ninjas to take over the world... Frankly, I like the way it's going. I'm just sayin' the ambush squad was hobbled by incompetence.

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 09:21 PM
It wasn't incompetence they just didn't plan ahead.

ANKO_MITARASHI_ISDEAD_SAD
11-17-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm sad because ANKO MITARASHI IS DEAD D: even though it hasn't been confirmed yet, she really looks dead, and for some reasonn the broken look she has of having been snake raped is just too much to bear

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 09:41 PM
She could just be unconscious, Kabuto could be taking her back to his base to extract information from her.

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 09:49 PM
That gets on my nerves too and always second guessing himself

xPOORGUYx
11-17-2010, 10:04 PM
sasori controlling that aburame guy while deidaras exploding clay was inside his goard thing was just pure genious.
remote control bomb ftw

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Yeah, it seems for Madara's and Kabuto's side it is no holds barred.

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 10:08 PM
It wasn't incompetence they just didn't plan ahead.

In this case, when stealth and first strike are the very definition of success, I'd say not planning ahead and incompetence are the same thing. The whole point of their mission was to lie in wait and surprise attack the enemy, which requires stealth. For such a small squad, they should've been attempting to hide their movements from the start, not just stealthing their camp. It's only natural; they've been trained from childhood for infiltration, espionage, and assassination, if "ninja" even means anything.

SilentBlade
11-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Chapter looks promising for sure. I do wonder though, since they know they must seal the impure resurrections...but who do they have to do the sealing? I had thought that the technique used by the 3rd Hokage was realtively high level and difficult to learn. Sealing in general seams that way.

Aside from that, the Sai and Sai's brother situation makes for interesting situations, and it leads me to believe that Kabuto will purposely leave the raised armies personalities intact. I am more looking foward to the conversation between Sauske and Itachi.

Sheelah
11-17-2010, 10:26 PM
In this case, when stealth and first strike are the very definition of success, I'd say not planning ahead and incompetence are the same thing. The whole point of their mission was to lie in wait and surprise attack the enemy, which requires stealth. For such a small squad, they should've been attempting to hide their movements from the start, not just stealthing their camp. It's only natural; they've been trained from childhood for infiltration, espionage, and assassination, if "ninja" even means anything.

Yes, but isn't it the job of a ninja squad to find them before they find you? It is. Deidara's team, nailed 'em beacause they were caught unprepared. Kankuro doesn't have even experience and it cost them dearly.

SilentBlade
11-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Well to be fair, fighting dead ppl that can't die isn't all that fair.

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Kishi has instituted the fantasy equivalent of terminators, but if you cut off their arms, they can't perform jutsus, technically. Or you could immobilize their whole body. The seals aren't really necessary, and are probably harder to employ than just encasing them in some kind of trap.

Blah.
11-17-2010, 10:30 PM
I am more looking foward to the conversation between Sauske and Itachi.

I know what is going to happen!!
Sasuke will go to Itachi say I love you big brother! Then he will go to Itachi, give him a hug, and Itachi will cry and be like I love you t--*Itachi stabs Sasuke with a kunai*Ooops. Sorry. Kabuto did it.

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Yes, but isn't it the job of a ninja squad to find them before they find you? It is. Deidara's team, nailed 'em beacause they were caught unprepared. Kankuro doesn't have even experience and it cost them dearly.

Well to be fair, fighting dead ppl that can't die isn't all that fair.

I'll grant you that. But if the point was to illustrate Konkuro's inexperience, Kishi seems to have gone too far and demonstrated his poor training instead. Did anyone notice that the camp resembled a bullseye? And what was with the glaring kanji-covered tarp? Sasori's group should have found them despite their training, not because they didn't show evidence of any.

Just consider the nature of their mission and the types of ninja that should have been involved. I mean how hard is it for elite ninja to seed the woods with decoy clones and mask their own chakra? I'm not saying that would have actually worked against the undead god-sensor, but it was something other than, "Here I am! No! Over here!" combat engineering.

Blah.
11-17-2010, 10:41 PM
haha lol I think it will be a little more serious conversation, but nice scenario you got there

Thanks!! ^-^ Watch Ohana state that as a confirmed spoiler. lol.

SilentBlade
11-17-2010, 10:46 PM
hmm, I suppose I could see immobilization being used in order to stop the undead army, but I mean I am sure eventually they'd want to seal them to return them to the dead. While they are the "enemy" they are kind of the unwililng enemy. I know it said somthing about trying to trick Kabuto with a jutsu...but...that seams a bit much to think someone with his smarts and ability would fall for that.

xPOORGUYx
11-17-2010, 10:51 PM
hidan was immortal and was paired with kakuzu because if hidan ever got severed anywhere on his body kakuzuz could just fix him up.
and now kabuto has an undead army with kakuzu brought back alive, so im guessing thats gonna be kakuzus role.

sealing the bodys seems to be the only choice

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Yeah, sealing can be done, but why not wait until after the battle to deal with that? If they're entombed without the use of their hands, they're finished.

Do you folks realize that the kanji on the base camp's tarp, visible from the sky, says "bomb"! Were they trying to lose?

george hyuga
11-17-2010, 11:33 PM
i didn't noticed that

lolohwd
11-17-2010, 11:36 PM
lol wow. how obvious

my favorite character was in this chapter anyone care to guess? lol

george hyuga
11-17-2010, 11:38 PM
deidara?

but you guys think kabut would use ankos DNA?

lolohwd
11-17-2010, 11:38 PM
wait then it would be zetsus with breasts and snakes lol

and no its darui

george hyuga
11-17-2010, 11:40 PM
well she was one of orochimaru's experiments

Jutsu Junkie
11-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Do you folks realize that the kanji on the base camp's tarp, visible from the sky, says "bomb"! Were they trying to lose?

Woops! I lost perspective. Not hard when you consider that the bushes and trees are shaded in the exact same manner. That was a paper bomb on the ground. However, the tarp looks equally ineffective, unless it has a chakra cloak -- which it mustn't have. Or at least if it did, it sucked.

lolitaninja
11-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Oh, god, Kankuro may finally get a rematch with Sasori I'm both excited and nervous. (Please do well, Kanky!)

Jutsu Junkie
11-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Well, at least there isn't likely to be poison used against Kankuro, Sasori being a reanimated corpse and all. I think the substance of the zombies' equipment probably doesn't match their old life. After all, Sasori hasn't busted out puppets yet. Although, even as I say that, Deidara has his own clay...

george hyuga
11-18-2010, 12:20 AM
but they do posses their old abilities don't they?

Jutsu Junkie
11-18-2010, 12:44 AM
but they do posses their old abilities don't they?

Abilities, yes. Equipment? Maybe, but not necessarily. Possibly they are short on ninja tools. But like I said, Deidara has his clay. But I doubt Sasori has all his 100 puppets -- and maybe not any of them, considering he had to stoop to using dead men instead.

george hyuga
11-18-2010, 12:48 AM
guess so, well see what sasori can do now

DeemonFox
11-18-2010, 01:17 AM
meh was a mediocre chapter I was hoping for a look at the last part of Naruto's training but looks we'll have to wait at least another week :(.

I could see kishi waiting for naruto to enter the battlefield before demonstrating what he learns at the back end of his training.

Yes, they were used as bait to lure Deidara out. They new he couldn't resist an explosion with zero clay cost. You have to think outside the gourde.;)

maikel death
11-18-2010, 02:32 AM
hidan was immortal and was paired with kakuzu because if hidan ever got severed anywhere on his body kakuzuz could just fix him up.
and now kabuto has an undead army with kakuzu brought back alive, so im guessing thats gonna be kakuzus role.

sealing the bodys seems to be the only choice
In the fight of hiruzen and the first and second hokage they just simply regenerated..

Sheelah
11-18-2010, 05:31 AM
guess so, well see what sasori can do now

That's definitely true, but you'd think that if Kabuto knew he would be reanimating Sasori, he would get some of Sasori's scrolls so that he could use them. This hardly seems like an oversight. In Deidara's case, he could just make up his own brand of specialized detonating clay. In the cases of Sasori or Granny Chiyo, it's better they use their scrolls, this using dead bodies as puppets is effective but they aren't riggid with fancy weapons like the puppets are. What else has Kabuto overlooked?

theavenger13
11-18-2010, 05:56 AM
Sai Vs. His Brother

Sasori Vs. Kankuro

? Vs. Deidara

I think it would be
sai vs his brother
sasori vs kankuro
Omoi vs deidera

Omoi is from the kumogakure he might have lightning so he can get rid of deidera bombs it would be like sasuke vs deidera

Densetsu_no_D
11-18-2010, 07:08 AM
Pretty good chapter, sadly we have our first casualty of war. Did anyone really think Anko was gonna slow down Kabuto at all? Omoi is going to step up and show us all what he's really capable of, can't wait....

kakashi-son of white fang
11-18-2010, 07:44 AM
That was good start with the war. It's good to see Sasori and Deidara back in action but I hope they're defeated soon. They're cool but they're still the bad guys after all.

Zango
11-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Yeah, for everyone who talked about blowing up their arms or something, I'd just like to say FAIL. They regenerate. Cut 'em off and they'll "grow" right back. On the other hand, I just thought of a way they could actually "defeat" the zombies relatively easily: Remember what happens when Shikamaru uses chakra blades? Exactly! All they need to do is just get someone to "hold" a zombie down, get Shika some more chakra knives, and he can just throw them in their shadow, and as long as they prevent anyone from removing the tag, they're as good as defeated. Other then that, their only other hope is Naruto, whom if you guys forget was able to pull of a Rikoudo Sennin seal to seal the Kyuubi. Thusly, Naruto probably could seal the zombies. Just food for thought. Also, when I said Anko was "boned", I meant it as a synonym for "screwed".

Dboe20
11-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Aw mann this war is starting to look one sided to me. these dudes are immortal + Strong like Kakashi level and up so we got strong immortal guys running around killing im getting scared.

Im mad that Kishi did atleast give Anko an small battle he jst showed her tied up tear please be a snake clone Anko please ily..

Kabuto's team is about to hold its own but we all know there not gonna be sussful and being that this is true war....there wont be any saviors or retreats. Not this time.

BUTTTT due to the realness this chapter was awsome

Jutsu Junkie
11-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah, for everyone who talked about blowing up their arms or something, I'd just like to say FAIL. They regenerate. Cut 'em off and they'll "grow" right back. On the other hand, I just thought of a way they could actually "defeat" the zombies relatively easily: Remember what happens when Shikamaru uses chakra blades? Exactly! All they need to do is just get someone to "hold" a zombie down, get Shika some more chakra knives, and he can just throw them in their shadow, and as long as they prevent anyone from removing the tag, they're as good as defeated. Other then that, their only other hope is Naruto, whom if you guys forget was able to pull of a Rikoudo Sennin seal to seal the Kyuubi. Thusly, Naruto probably could seal the zombies. Just food for thought. Also, when I said Anko was "boned", I meant it as a synonym for "screwed".

So you're telling me that if you cut off their hands and encase their bodies in steel spread-eagle, that they can not only grow their hands back (through the steel casing, mind you), but that they'll be able to bend the steel in order to put their hands together to form hand signs? This seems unlikely.

But I'll grant you that shadow binding with chakra blades is easier.

"Screwed" eh? Your innuendos are multiplying... lol

narulvr
11-18-2010, 01:16 PM
it was pretty good! im geussing naruto will be the one to seal the zombies since he created his seal for the ninetails but the question is is he competant enuf to do that

Zango
11-18-2010, 01:21 PM
So you're telling me that if you cut off their hands and encase their bodies in steel spread-eagle, that they can not only grow their hands back (through the steel casing, mind you), but that they'll be able to bend the steel in order to put their hands together to form hand signs? This seems unlikely.

But I'll grant you that shadow binding with chakra blades is easier.

"Screwed" eh? Your innuendos are multiplying... lol

Hmmmmm... your first point makes sense, but that seems complicated. While I don't think they'd be able to regenerate through that, it seems like the people trying to pull that off would have quite a small window of oppritunity, and it seems a little impractical. Possible, yes; but in my opinion not too plausible. Still, they could just kill Kabuto and see if they'd be able to go free: Probably the best option at this point. Also, has anyone else given thought to the possibility of there being two Kakuzus at once? I mean, unlike the other Akatsuki members, Kakuzu's body was left intact, and more importantly has probably been preserved in the Leaf Village's morgue. So, theoretically, couldn't either A) Zombie Kakuzu get someone's heart, go to the Leaf and put it into himself, or B) In the event of Hidan's escape, place his own still beating heart into Kakuzu's body, then allow Kakuzu to get another heart and give Hidan back his own? I am also fully aware that he got owned by Rasen Shuriken and got celluarly owned, but with his body structure I wouldn't put healing from it or something off the table. It would be pretty interesting at least.

Kakuzu
11-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Meh. I still want to see Sasori versus Sasori's puppet.:lol: It will probably happen too.

Not enough "manga time" of Kakuzu and the other reincarnated individuals.

Where the heck is the Zetsu army? It like disappeared the whole chapter.:lol:

Zango
11-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Where the heck is the Zetsu army?

Canada.

Vivi
11-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Where the heck is the Zetsu army? It like disappeared the whole chapter.:lol:

Underground.
Don't mind them though they most likely will only fight Fodder.

Lady Tsunade
11-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Of all the people he could've chosen to fight..Kankuro, Omoi, Sai and a bunch of fodders D:
Even the main fighters suck. lol

Dboe20
11-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Of all the people he could've chosen to fight..Kankuro, Omoi, Sai and a bunch of fodders D:

Lol well I think Sai has been holding back...I hope he has lol his little beast die quicker than Dead people. Kankuro...Hopefully he got better becuase last time he got owned to the point of no return when he fought Sasori.

I know some ppl may disagree with this or say "she sucks" But i think Tenten should have been on the ambush team her skills suit it.

Jutsu Junkie
11-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Lol well I think Sai has been holding back...I hope he has lol his little beast die quicker than Dead people. Kankuro...Hopefully he got better becuase last time he got owned to the point of no return when he fought Sasori.

I know some ppl may disagree with this or say "she sucks" But i think Tenten should have been on the ambush team her skills suit it.

I agree with everything you said. Teten would have been great. But I'm biased, since she's my favorite character.

Dboe20
11-18-2010, 04:39 PM
I agree with everything you said. Teten would have been great. But I'm biased, since she's my favorite character.

Lol well im mutual with her she not my fav but i enjoy her. He long ranged skills and wide spread attacks are ambush at it's fullest. and her weapon mastery would have helped them set up some nice traps. And now that i look again the Ambush team isnt that big at all. I know they want to be unseen but i counted about 15 ppl at most who do they think there fighting

Err
11-18-2010, 05:31 PM

Then you won't like the birthday message I left her. :lol: Just have to wait until her BDay again.

I liked this chapter. I hope the shinobi don't fight against old friends, I hope everyone is able to switch opponents like what happened in this chapter.

DeemonFox
11-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Didn't Omoi say he wouldn't allow friends and family to fight?

Jutsu Junkie
11-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Then you won't like the birthday message I left her. :lol: Just have to wait until her BDay again.

I liked this chapter. I hope the shinobi don't fight against old friends, I hope everyone is able to switch opponents like what happened in this chapter.

I'm sure it was totally nice. Nothing awful at all. *twitch, twitch*

Didn't Omoi say he wouldn't allow friends and family to fight?

Yes, he did. We'll just have to see if Omoi can live up to the task. But Sai's dispassion is about to be tested. It's a terrible time for him to lose sight of his emotionless death-machine side, but I fear that's what will happen.

Sheelah
11-18-2010, 09:20 PM
That's a good question, why Tenten isn't in this advance scouting party, she really needed to be there, she could have backed everyone up.

lolitaninja
11-18-2010, 10:38 PM
lol wow. how obvious

my favorite character was in this chapter anyone care to guess? lol

Would he be the one who looks sorta like Batman?

Inoichi
11-19-2010, 01:09 AM
i don't understand how kankuro and the hyuga survived. pls explain!

mrsticky005
11-19-2010, 01:50 AM

They don't need to be great fighters. They're the Ambush Squad.
Besides Kankuro, Omoi, Sai Shaft are awesome. It doesn't take them a
stupid flashback to know it's time to fight. They basically don't hesitate.

Sure there are fodder ninja within the Ambush Squad...
but there's going to be fodder ninja everywhere.
Fodder ninja are good because it allows the sides
to show off their skills---by killing those fodder ninja.

Sheelah
11-19-2010, 01:57 AM
They don't need to be great fighters. They're the Ambush Squad.
Besides Kankuro, Omoi, Sai Shaft are awesome. It doesn't take them a
stupid flashback to know it's time to fight. They basically don't hesitate.

Sure there are fodder ninja within the Ambush Squad...
but there's going to be fodder ninja everywhere.
Fodder ninja are good because it allows the sides
to show off their skills---by killing those fodder ninja.

Ouch! That really hurts, but it is true, otherwise it would be 1 boring arc if no one died.

xPOORGUYx
11-19-2010, 02:02 AM
this is war, and there is always many deaths in war, so expect at least some big name ninjas to die

Sheelah
11-19-2010, 02:05 AM
I was already prepared for it, but whoever dies, their will be some that won't like their favorites dying, that's for sure. But it's needed for the storyline.

Jutsu Junkie
11-19-2010, 07:43 AM
I don't really agree that Sai is a good fighter. He's OK. I should say rather that his skill level is ass-backwards according to his powers: he's much better at close range fighting, even though his powers are better for long range assault. His ink creatures are lame, except for tracking and assassination (if they aren't detected, which almost never happens). Konkuro on the other hand is fairly badass, and being a puppetmaster makes him a force multiplier. Omoi also seems decent, although I don't know as much about his full range of abilities.

It annoys me that an Aburame had to die, but as has been said, this is war. I'm actually more interested in the outcome of the large-scale brigade-level combat being led by the generals. I wonder how gennin-heavy the army is?

SHAMEFULLSHINOBI
11-20-2010, 01:28 PM
what in the world is kauto going to do with anko is she alive ?will he use her for a orochimaru rebirth since she carries his curse seal? even though he was sealed i remember him saying in episode shippuden 114 the curse seal will always give him a tie to earth. this was his immortality and also im sure the sound 4 are still alive somewhere they had curse seals as long as there are curse seals oro can always reappear. that nervous ninja i liked his sword attack that was bad arse when he took that sword out. and sai vs his best friend/brother amazing but his brother looked like a total zombie compared to diedera and sasori. cant wait for more btw i wish they added these chars and costumes as dlc for storm. anyhow ...enough of that talk. cant wait to see what they do with itachi and nagato edo'ed.

kunoichifan
11-26-2010, 12:23 PM
The one thing I'm waiting for is for Konan to reappear, as soon as I saw how skilled she really is in her fight with Tobi she instantly became my fav.