PDA

View Full Version : Asuma and Dan

SimpleGenin
11-04-2010, 02:16 AM
Quick and up front.

Kabuto summoned a several characters. Some are legendary such as the Kage and Hanzo and some are garbage.Realistically there are other characters Kabuto could have summoned instead of Asuma and Dan. I mean really.

Asuma could barely handle Hidan. He was completely owned by Kisame.

Dan is even worse. Alot of characters are hyped but no feats but in Dan's case his both featless and hypeless.

Asuma and Dan are probibly summoned to provide drama in the war. Kurunai might have to fight Asuma as a symbol of letting go. Tsunade is a pretty emotional character, Dan's appearance might disturb her so bad that she won't be able to do her job properly.

It's also pretty lame how one sided everything is. With the Kage as an exception, everyone that was summoned has some kind of connection to konoha. It would have been nice if kabuto introduced a new character to the show that is legendary in the other village.

Konoha had the yellow flash, the sannin, the white fang surely the other village have some legendary ninja.

Wind Style Naruto
11-04-2010, 03:00 AM
1. Kurenai is still pregnant and hospitilized so she wont fight Asuma but Shikamaru and Choji might.

2. Asuma actually was owning Hidan, it was because he was fighting an unknown enemy with unknown abilities who was immortal too. Hidan just caught him off by surprised. If Hidan wasnt immortal Asuma would've fried his sorry can.

3. We havent even seen Dan fight at all. He might be known for his jutsus or skills. Plus this is Kishi's way of showing off characters who havent got much screen time. For all we know he might even defy what fans believe in the stats by making garbage characters actually good.

4. Speed and strength doesnt make you automatically the best. Gaara doesnt have speed but he still owns a lot.

SimpleGenin
11-04-2010, 03:13 AM
Are u kidding me. Hidan was in the same boat as Asuma. He knew nothing of Asuma's ability. If it wasn't for Shikamaru, he would have died sooner. Point is Dan is garbage compared to the other he could have summon. Dan's purpose is
not to help with fights but to distract and bring drama with certain characters. Unless you think Dan could handle Kakashi or one of the Kage, his pretty much garbage as a fighter.

Speed and Strength matters alot when deciding a fight here in the forum. According to BG standards, Neji and Haku could possibly beat Tsunade.

Jakropha
11-04-2010, 05:12 AM
Kakashi is a bit much to ask for, why dont we start with speculation?
There seems to be more people summoned, so we may see a showcase of the other villages.

SimpleGenin
11-04-2010, 05:16 AM
Kakashi is a bit much to ask for, why dont we start with speculation?
There seems to be more people summoned, so we may see a showcase of the other villages.

I hope so. I wish to see new faces. The whole recycling characters by using edo tensei is getting old.

Semog
11-04-2010, 07:09 AM
Hidan is not that weak... the other hyper characters in the akatsuki just make him look weak, but he could take on almost any kage.
Asuma is strong, at the level of Guy and maybe Kakashi.
And Dan, we don't know much about him, he might have some special jutsu. and yes I do agree they are there to spice it up with some drama D:

Devil's Lawyer
11-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Asuma isn't weak technically. Just that when you compare him to the akatsuki who were all kage level and higher he came up short. But he was every bit a jonin. Its not his fault that kishi decided to take Naruto from the realm of shinobi and into the realm of demons and monsters.

KANKUROSGIRL
11-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Why is everyone assuming dan is weak?

Memitim
11-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Why is everyone assuming dan is weak?Because he died in the war......But if you go by the databook he's on par with some people like Kakashi

Lady Tsunade
11-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Actually, Dan is Jonin rank. And was apparently an exceptional shinobi with great skill. If he kept becoming stronger be probably could've became Hokage. In the DB, he has very high stats. He was probably around the same skill as the Sannin when he died.

Kunoichi
11-04-2010, 11:25 AM
even if Dan and Asuma are only put in the story line for drama it's still a good tactic for Kabuto. Psychology is great tool to utilize in war and combat, forcing your opponents to fight someone they had a deep connection with is not only distracting but emotionally hurtful. It's going to screw with their focus and cause some psychological trauma along the way. Even if Dan and Asuma are weak (which is really a debatable topic) they're still a good choice for the emotional connections the have to certain village of the leaf alone.

Yori
11-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Wasen't Dan in the running of becoming Hokage before he died? Dude is no push over. But strategically Kabuto brought them back to attack the mind. Sane with Neji's father.

TheBlackChidori
11-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Quick and up front.

Kabuto summoned a several characters. Some are legendary such as the Kage and Hanzo and some are garbage.Realistically there are other characters Kabuto could have summoned instead of Asuma and Dan. I mean really.

Asuma could barely handle Hidan. He was completely owned by Kisame.

Dan is even worse. Alot of characters are hyped but no feats but in Dan's case his both featless and hypeless.

Asuma and Dan are probibly summoned to provide drama in the war. Kurunai might have to fight Asuma as a symbol of letting go. Tsunade is a pretty emotional character, Dan's appearance might disturb her so bad that she won't be able to do her job properly.

It's also pretty lame how one sided everything is. With the Kage as an exception, everyone that was summoned has some kind of connection to konoha. It would have been nice if kabuto introduced a new character to the show that is legendary in the other village.

Konoha had the yellow flash, the sannin, the white fang surely the other village have some legendary ninja.

I almost forgot about the White Fang. YES PLZ.

Also Hidan got his head cut off by Asuma. Just saying.

HiddenRoar
11-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Not sure if canon but Asuma was one of the 12 guards of the daimyo and had a 35 million bounty on his head. That's pretty impressive to me.

And the whole cutting off Hidan's head part too.

Nine-Tailed Sage
11-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I am guessing that Dan was probably a higly skilled medical ninja like tsunade (since he was seen attending the medical unit conference with tsunade in the flashbacks) ...also in the DB he is on par with people like kakashi ...so that DOES make him pretty powerful..

Also Asuma is NOT weak...he was owning hidan ..but its kinda hard to fight an enemy who u know nothing about ..especially if he is immortal -_-".
Asuma was the 3rd hokage's son...one of the 12 guardian ninjas..and he was a high level jonin.

Kakuzu
11-04-2010, 01:26 PM
1. We don't know what power Dan even has. He hasn't shown any abilities. We know he's a medicl ninja though so he can be the Akatsuki's healing force.

2. He is basically there for plot; to shock Tsunade and Shizune.

Making such assu,ptions that he is "trash" is unnecassary and incorrect. Obviously he's there for some reason...

Hidden Ninja45
11-04-2010, 02:22 PM
They will just summoned for psycological reasons. Asuma to mess with Team 8 and probably others. Dan to mess with Tsunade (the Hokage). Chiyo, Kimimaro, Zabuza, and Haku were also probably summoned just because of the psycological aspects.

zerosameri
11-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Dan. Dan. Dan. He has nothing on him other than

Tsuande and him had thing
Wanted to be hokage
Had a sister

:|

SimpleGenin
11-04-2010, 02:53 PM
I almost forgot about the White Fang. YES PLZ.

Also Hidan got his head cut off by Asuma. Just saying.

Yes Asuma cut off Hidan's head. But it's not like Asuma did it all on his own. He had Shikamaru to back him up.

Point is, it's obvious that some poeple Asuma and Dan especially were brought back for emotional reasons. Like I said before, kabuto could have summoned other characters more worthy. Such as the white fang or jiraiya.

By the way. I hate the data books. Some stuff in there are garbage. As far as we know from what we read in the manga, Dan is featless and Hypeless. In the DB it states that Jiraiya and Tsunade are about the same level. That's a huge inconsistancy. So do not use the data book because it's garbage just like Dan

HiddenRoar
11-04-2010, 11:52 PM
By the way. I hate the data books. Some stuff in there are garbage. As far as we know from what we read in the manga, Dan is featless and Hypeless. In the DB it states that Jiraiya and Tsunade are about the same level. That's a huge inconsistancy. So do not use the data book because it's garbage just like Dan

Too bad it's from Kishi... therefor canon. Even if it is ridiculous such as Amaterasu's entry.

SimpleGenin
11-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Too bad it's from Kishi... therefor canon. Even if it is ridiculous such as Amaterasu's entry.

It's non canon here in this forum, especially in the BG, because of it's inconsistancy. Haha if u don't believe me then try using the DataBook in the BG. Some members will spam you until you drop.

mrsticky005
11-05-2010, 04:57 AM
Hidan is not that weak... the other hyper characters in the akatsuki just make him look weak, but he could take on almost any kage.
Asuma is strong, at the level of Guy and maybe Kakashi.
And Dan, we don't know much about him, he might have some special jutsu. and yes I do agree they are there to spice it up with some drama D:

Hidan vs Raikage= Raikage Owns
Hidan vs Onoki=Onoki Owns
Hidan vs Mei=Mei Owns
Hidan vs Gaara= Gaara Owns
Hidan vs Tsunade= Yes even Tsunade Owns

Hidan vs Sixth Candidate Danzo=Danzo Owns

Hidan vs Sixth Candidate Kakashi=Kamui Owns

Hidan without immorality against Asuma is a much different fight.
Hidan's strength was that he could do damage to himself and not die
and not only that but damage the opponent. Hidan could also use
the opponent's attacks against them. Without immorality, Hidan could
no longer use this jutsu since it would end up with a double knock out.
Since Hidan has always used his ceremony jutsu to fight it's hard to
say how well he would do in a fight not using it. He was able to land
a scratch on Asuma's cheek. However Asuma landed the Burning Ash Jutsu on Hidan and if not for Hidan's immorality would have done more damage.
Asuma did have Shikamaru hold Hidan down but it wasn't so much because he couldn't keep up with Hidan's speed but because he couldn't keep up
with Hidan attacking himself and relaying the damage to Asuma.

Semog
11-05-2010, 05:39 AM
His immortality its everything in the fight, without he would be nothing.
And he could take on tsunade and maybe kakashi remember that kamui is not instant

SimpleGenin
11-05-2010, 05:51 AM
His immortality its everything in the fight, without he would be nothing.
And he could take on tsunade and maybe kakashi remember that kamui is not instant

Hidan's technique relies heavily on in his immortality but without it, he was still able to keep up with Kakashi which is hecka impressive. By feats, hidan got tsunade beat.

Kakashi stopped a very fast moving arrow. It may not be instant but it is very close

Semog
11-05-2010, 05:55 AM
I know... he also Kamui'd deidaras clone explosion. But I think Hidan would dodge it somehow

SimpleGenin
11-05-2010, 06:00 AM
That's what I kinda don't like about the BG. Those answers will get you slammed. It's always feats feats feats because it is fact. But the thing is that fact leaves no room for possibilities.

Jakropha
11-05-2010, 08:59 AM
:|

;)

Dan sucks, Kimi will kill him and Asumanoskills, and then we will see emotion!

george hyuga
11-05-2010, 09:03 AM
hey asuma isn't that bad

and he summoned at lest 4 more unknown

Wind Style Naruto
11-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Because he died in the war......But if you go by the databook he's on par with some people like Kakashi

The main reason why he died was because of Tsunade's cursed necklace.

Hey isnt funny how Orochimaru promised to bring Dan back and in the future Kabuto brings back Dan?

george hyuga
11-05-2010, 11:52 AM
maybe ororchimaru is taking over kabuto

SimpleGenin
11-05-2010, 01:30 PM
The main reason why he died was because of Tsunade's cursed necklace.

Hey isnt funny how Orochimaru promised to bring Dan back and in the future Kabuto brings back Dan?

The necklace had nothing to do with him dying. The curse on the necklace was just a myth.

eagleye54321
11-05-2010, 01:35 PM
I have a feeling that Kishi didn't mention Dan much because of it being somewhat off-topic, but now he is actively involved and we will get some flashbacks.

Asuma is underrated in my opinion.

HiddenRoar
11-05-2010, 01:41 PM
It's non canon here in this forum, especially in the BG, because of it's inconsistancy. Haha if u don't believe me then try using the DataBook in the BG. Some members will spam you until you drop.

I don't go to BG because most people there think they're right while Kishi is wrong.
It's still canon, no matter what others say.

george hyuga
11-05-2010, 01:54 PM
asuma needs more screen time, there for he is shown once again

SimpleGenin
11-05-2010, 02:04 PM
I don't go to BG because most people there think they're right while Kishi is wrong.
It's still canon, no matter what others say.

I use to think so to. But if you actually try to debate them, they have a valid point, as do you. It is hard to decide a fight with hype because it has no bases. It's hard for you to argue that Tsunade can beat kakashi because by feats kakashi is far faster. You can't just say tsunade is the hokage so she wins. With hype people are left to ponder while feats gives us something to look at.

Dudemeister come on... Respond already....

george hyuga
11-05-2010, 02:09 PM
ppl there dun want to lose the argument thats why i dun like to post there b/c i get annoyed easily

mrsticky005
11-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Hidan's technique relies heavily on in his immortality but without it, he was still able to keep up with Kakashi which is hecka impressive. By feats, hidan got tsunade beat.

Kakashi stopped a very fast moving arrow. It may not be instant but it is very close

Kakashi's Kamui attack has improved quite a bit since fighting Kakuzu and Hidan. Before the fight was more even, but now Kakashi has the range
advantage over Hidan. Kakashi is probably a tad bit faster than Hidan.

Tsunade wins because it would annoy me. ;)
I'm not a big Hidan fan but I'd prefer if he won such a fight.

Dboe20
11-05-2010, 03:49 PM
why does everyone keep saying Dan is garbage we have been yet to see him fight so in what way is he garbage? Wait till he fights then decides. Asuma had skills and he would have had won if hidan didnt have immortality.

SimpleGenin
11-05-2010, 04:01 PM
why does everyone keep saying Dan is garbage we have been yet to see him fight so in what way is he garbage? Wait till he fights then decides. Asuma had skills and he would have had won if hidan didnt have immortality.

Point is they are garbage compared to other he could have summoned. Such as Jiraiya, Sakumo, and perhaps other legendary fighter from different village. Unless Dan is as powerful as Jiraiya and as hyped as Sakumo, his garbage. His purpose is to bring drama to the show.

And Asuma? He was getting owned by Hidan. He also had help in the fight. Again not nearly as powerful as Jiraiya.

Perhaps he could even summon Kisame

mrsticky005
11-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Point is they are garbage compared to other he could have summoned. Such as Jiraiya, Sakumo, and perhaps other legendary fighter from different village. Unless Dan is as powerful as Jiraiya and as hyped as Sakumo, his garbage. His purpose is to bring drama to the show.

And Asuma? He was getting owned by Hidan. He also had help in the fight. Again not nearly as powerful as Jiraiya.

Perhaps he could even summon Kisame

How was he getting owned? Hidan won by attacking himself and relaying the damage to Asuma. Other than that the two are more or less equal.

SimpleGenin
11-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Asuma had Shikamaru's help. It isn't right to forget that. Even Asuma said himself that he needed back up against Hidan. What does that implies?

Asuma<Hidan

but

Asuma+Shikamaru might be equal or less then Hidan

george hyuga
11-05-2010, 06:04 PM
asuma is a close range fighter, shikamaru is midrange so thats probably why he neede his help. plus hidan was a member of akatsuki

SimpleGenin
11-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Even with help he had trouble. Take in mind Hidans also close range.

george hyuga
11-05-2010, 07:05 PM
hidan is strong, 4 ppl couldn't handle him

but shikamaru finished him alone thats what i dun get

HiddenRoar
11-05-2010, 07:10 PM
hidan is strong, 4 ppl couldn't handle him

but shikamaru finished him alone thats what i dun get

Shikamaru had prep time to do it solo.
If Hidan gets his blood, Shikamaru can always use Shadow Possession to get Hidan out of the circle.
Shadow Sewing + Ally = Self Explanatory.

SimpleGenin
11-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Plot.

That proves my point. There are handfull of other characters that could have been revive instead.

george hyuga
11-05-2010, 07:14 PM
i like asuma and i hated that kabuto brought him back, i'm sure kurenai won't fight him cuz she probably already had the baby

SimpleGenin
11-05-2010, 07:20 PM
I don't like him for several reasons. I don't like the way he died. If Kurunai doesn't fight him, Shikamaru will .

PaperAngel
11-05-2010, 07:20 PM
I don't like him for several reasons. I don't like the way he died. If Kurunai doesn't fight him, Shikamaru will .

How is Kurenai gonna fight Asuma? And there's more summons.

george hyuga
11-05-2010, 07:22 PM
yeah no suma vs kurenai

more like ino/shika/cho

SimpleGenin
11-05-2010, 07:23 PM
How is Kurenai gonna fight Asuma? And there's more summons.

That's why I specifically mentioned Asuma and Dan. Because right now, my opinion is that they are the weakest summon

george hyuga
11-05-2010, 08:04 PM
dan hasn't shown any of his skills so i dun think he's weak

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
11-05-2010, 08:21 PM
asuma isnt that weak...
and if tsunade saw dan...it'd be a nice reunion but a sad one cuz they're on opposite sides....
o yea white fang!!! kakashi would be very sad to fight his own father....

george hyuga
11-05-2010, 08:23 PM
the white fang was summoned?

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
11-05-2010, 08:25 PM
the white fang was summoned?
no..i dont think so...
i meant 'what if' ...so yea
sorry about the confusion...i'd like to see him in battle too! thatd be cool

george hyuga
11-05-2010, 08:31 PM
oh yeah i would like that

mrsticky005
11-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Asuma had Shikamaru's help. It isn't right to forget that. Even Asuma said himself that he needed back up against Hidan. What does that implies?

Asuma<Hidan

but

Asuma+Shikamaru might be equal or less then Hidan

Asuma needed Shikamaru's help because of Hidan's Curse Jutsu which has 2 major advantages 1. Damage doesn't kill Hidan 2. Damage is reflected back
to the opponent. So it's not so much Hidan's own power that beats his
opponents but that he makes opponents attack themselves.
Asuma has Shikamaru who has Shadow Possession but the jutsu has to hit the opponent. Hidan's Curse Jutsu doesn't have to hit the opponent.
It just has to hit himself and that's not that difficult. It's like winning a fist fight by punching yourself.

Yes, Hidan beats Asuma but it's because of his Curse Jutsu.
Without BOTH advantages Hidan wouldn't win as easily because
either 1. Damage WOULD kill Hidan and Asuma resulting in a Double K-O
or 2. Damage wouldn't kill Hidan but it wouldn't be reflected back and it would cancel itself out.

Taking out the Curse Jutsu, we have Hidan and his Scythe. Take away Shikamaru and his Shadow Possession we have Asuma and his Chakra Blades.
Shikamaru was there to keep Hidan away from the Curse Circle.
So then it becomes a battle of who hits first and who hits hardest.
Hidan landed a small cut on Asuma's cheek but Asuma's Burning Ash Jutsu
did more damage. The problem however with figuring out who would win
is that Hidan's intentions weren't directly striking Asuma but striking Asuma indirectly by striking himself.

Hidan probably would still beat Asuma without his Curse Jutsu but it wouldn't be ownage. With it yes it is ownage but only because of the advantage of the jutsu itself.

SimpleGenin
11-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Hmm in my opinion, it's ownage.
Especially if you add up the feats
from Hidans fight with Kakashi.

Reasons why,

Before Asuma even found out about the curse,
he was already having trouble fighting Hidan.

Hidan managed to injur Asuma even though he was
being attacked by both Asuma and Shikamaru

With Hidan's fight with Kakashi, he showed much greater speed and reaction feats.

And there's more reasons.

mrsticky005
11-06-2010, 03:19 AM
Hmm in my opinion, it's ownage.
Especially if you add up the feats
from Hidans fight with Kakashi.

Reasons why,

Before Asuma even found out about the curse,
he was already having trouble fighting Hidan.

Hidan managed to injur Asuma even though he was
being attacked by both Asuma and Shikamaru

With Hidan's fight with Kakashi, he showed much greater speed and reaction feats.

And there's more reasons.

Asuma found out about the curse or at least that Hidan wasn't normal when Izumo and Kotetsu impaled Hidan and Hidan wasn't still alive.

Aside from using the Curse Jutsu which allows Hidan to harm himself and relay the damage to the opponent (Asuma), the only direct attack was
when he cut Asuma's cheek.

Now, Hidan would probably still beat Asuma even without his curse jutsu.
However I don't think he would own Asuma without curse jutsu.

And even with his curse jutsu, I'm disinclined to call Hidan owning
anybody because his curse jutsu is arguably the cheapest jutsu
so far. Now of course you'll probably say "Shadow Possession is cheap
because you can freeze the opponent" But then with Shadow Possession
it has to hit the opponent and lasts for not so long. However with
Hidan's curse jutsu he only has to hit himself. This is MUCH easier to do.
It's about as much ownage as punching yourself in the face to win fights.