PDA

View Full Version : Multiverse: Yu Yu Hakusho< Bleach. Are you serious??

tyrell4life194
11-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Some fanwanker one day told me that Bleach is better than Yu Yu Hakusho in every way. Do you belive it? Cause I sure dont.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
11-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Not even close. YYH owns.

Nyruss
11-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I believe the sub-forum this goes on is here (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=40). In any event, Mayuri Kurotsuchi > everything in YYH put together and multiplied by five(except Genkai, she rocks. Kurotsuchi is still cooler, but only slightly). As does Starrk. And Yamamoto.

But only in terms of being cooler than anyone in YYH could ever possibly hope to be(not counting Genkai). In a fight, I wouldn't put money on Bleach.

I don't remember much about YYH's various arc storylines, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that YYH has better storylines than Bleach.

Outside of Kurotsuchi-sama, Starrk and Yamamoto, YYH's characters tend to be superior to Bleach's. Hiei is a better Ineffectual Loner than Uryu could ever be.

deidara330
11-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Hiei is better than practically all of Bleach is that regard. Although outside its 4-5 main characters, YYH characters aren't usually given much depth or screentime, meaning that on average, a Bleach character is cooler than a YYH one. However, Younger Toguro > Almost everyone in Bleach, with a few possible exceptions here and there. Aizen himself is a very hard character to top, just as an antagonist.

Although in terms of a fight, I would say in general YYH has more power, but opinions must have basis in facts to be accepted.

SimpleGenin
11-01-2010, 02:26 PM
It depends really. When it comes to story line, Yuyu Hakusho has Bleach beat. It's made over then 10 years so the graphic isn't as sharp as Bleach. Especially in the beginning of the Yuyu Hakusho. The drawing of the characters were similar to regular cartoons

deidara330
11-01-2010, 02:31 PM
The artwork of YYH never impressed me much, where Kubo Tite is actually seems underrated by many people and not usually recognized as a great manga artist, even though I think he is. Excellent use of shading gives focus on character features to heavily emphasize emotions and events. I must say, during the chapter in which Toshiro found out he'd stabbed Hinamori, the artwork stunned me. Ichigo's face when he shouted was spectacularly drawn.

And when it comes to storyline, YYH never impressed me that much either. It was still pretty good, but nothing about it really wowed me, although the series' two major antagonists were very well-done, as were both climax fights.

Devil's Lawyer
11-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Both series are pretty similiar in storytelling. The basics of their charcter building are the same.

tyrell4life194
11-01-2010, 03:07 PM
You see, the reason I like Yu Yu Hakusho better than Bleach is this. I believe the storyline fits in with the story. A delinquent who gets hit by a car, and comes back to life as a spirit detective was a great start. Though it was a little rocky at some scenes, overall, the series was very good. I'm not saying that it's the best series ever. Infact, it's not even in my top 5. The reason being is that the show was way too short, the author didn't take enough time to actually have a perfect storyline like One Piece, and the artwork wasn't that great. It just looks like a regular old cartoon show in the 90's. Kubo is a prodigy at artwork. When he drew Ichigo as Getsuga himself, that scene stunned me. He looked absolutely badass, and the shodow effect really ties in with the seriousness of the storyline. Though it's not even in my top 5, or not having a great storyline, it is still one of the greatest animes ever created.

cnorwood
11-01-2010, 05:44 PM
bleach pulls powerups out of its ass, yyh actually has explanations for its powerups and they make sense
yyh>>>>>bleach

Kibafan1
11-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Bleach >>>> yyh P:

The 1st Hokage
11-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Bleach >>>> yyh P:
/Facedesk

/looks again

/facekeyboard

Bleach is not as badass, not as powerful, and has horrible characters compared to YYH. Younger Toguro's character alone is better than all of the HST when it comes to character and badassery.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
11-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Toguro is cool, but I prefer Kurama.

The 1st Hokage
11-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Kurama is pretty awesome, but I liked Toguro's past and his story.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
11-01-2010, 06:06 PM
As do I. I would like him more if his powers weren't all about physicality.

Yellow Flash
11-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Kurama is probably one of the coolest anime/manga characters out there, with brains and brawn.

SimpleGenin
11-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Yuyu Hakusho has a very special ending differnt from other anime such as Dbz. In the end of Yuyu Hakusho, it wasn't all about beating or winning a fight. Hiei, Kurama, Yusuke's last fight/match actually meant something and the fight wasn't as straight forward. Example is Kurama's last fight. Kurama was fighting himself harder then actually fighting Shigure. It's truly epic.

tyrell4life194
11-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Even though Yu Yu Hakusho isn't in my top, I just started finishing it COMPLETLY, and man, it was awesome. It's officially in my top number 5. Bleach on the other hand isn't well cause the characters have a tendency to pull random power outta their asses.

That song at the end of the Yu Yu Hakusho show is BADASS. I need to download it on my IPod.

Miles Edgeworth
11-01-2010, 11:00 PM
How in the world could Bleach>Yu Yu Hakusho?

YYH is like Bleach, but older, more interesting, and better in practically every conceivable way.

Yusuke was like the badass version of Ichigo. Unlike Ichigo, he didn't have pathetic emo moments and was much more interesting of a character. The development of epic punk kid to spirit detective is better than Ichigo's character growth.

Also, Kurama. Kurama>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Every Bleach character ever.

Nyruss
11-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Also, Kurama. Kurama>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Every Bleach character ever except for Kurotsuchi-sama.

Fixed. http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/hm.pnghttp://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/gun.png

tyrell4life194
11-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Bleach ripped off of Yu Yu Hakusho. But this is only my opinion. You don't have to agree with it if you don't want to.

Nyruss
11-02-2010, 01:46 PM
It didn't rip off YYH any more than One Piece ripped off Dragonball. Fanboys just don't like the fact that the series are similar and will go to any length to claim that a series they hate is a complete ripoff of a series they like.

tyrell4life194
11-02-2010, 02:00 PM
There are different definitions of what a ripoff means. But in a related meaning, a ripoff is a blatant or unscrupulous copy or intimation.

Bleach fits that category as a ripoff, because it pretty much copied the concept of spirits and spiritual energy. They also copied the demons, and made them into hollows.

Also, Ichigo copies Yusuke because Ichigo gets into fights with other people, and so does Yusuke. I believe Yusuke lost his father (don't know if he died or not, I'm not sure) and Ichigo lost his mother (Grand Fisher)

Also, Ichigo and Yusuke are both short tempered.

Nyruss
11-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Bleach isn't a ripoff of Yu Yu Hakusho any more than One Piece is of Dragonball. Fanboys(among which you are evidently numbered) just don't like the fact that the series are similar and will go to any length to claim that a series they hate is a complete ripoff of a series they like.

ZOMGZORZ BLEACH HAS REIATSU! THAT CAN ONLY BE STOLEN FROM YYH, NEVER MIND THE FACT THAT THE CONCEPT HAS EXISTED FOR ALOT LONGER THAN YYH

Ichigo and Yusuke get into fights with other people. THAT TOTALLY PROVES IGHIGO IS A CARBON COPY!

Yusuke fights demons. Ichigo fights Hollows. ARE THERE NO DEPTHS KUBO WILL SINK TO!

Ichigo and Yusuke both have only one parent. MY GOD, DOES KUBO HAVE NO SHAME BLATANTLY COPYING TOGASHI LIKE THAT!?

Ichigo and Yusuke have similar personalities. WELL, THAT TOTALLY PROVES IT FOREVER AND ANYONE WHO THINKS OTHERWISE IS OBVIOUSLY JUST BLINDED BY THEIR INSANE DEVOTION TO BLEACH!!!!

Remember kids, crack is bad for you.

The 1st Hokage
11-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Bleach isn't a ripoff of Yu Yu Hakusho any more than One Piece is of Dragonball. Fanboys(among which you are evidently numbered) just don't like the fact that the series are similar and will go to any length to claim that a series they hate is a complete ripoff of a series they like.

ZOMGZORZ BLEACH HAS REIATSU! THAT CAN ONLY BE STOLEN FROM YYH, NEVER MIND THE FACT THAT THE CONCEPT HAS EXISTED FOR ALOT LONGER THAN YYH The concept of Spirit Energy? Well, IMO, Spirit is the only thing I feel was ripped off from YYH.

Ichigo and Yusuke get into fights with other people. THAT TOTALLY PROVES IGHIGO IS A CARBON COPY! I know right. Just about every main character in anime gets in fights.

Yusuke fights demons. Ichigo fights Hollows. ARE THERE NO DEPTHS KUBO WILL SINK TO! No comment

Ichigo and Yusuke both have only one parent. MY GOD, DOES KUBO HAVE NO SHAME BLATANTLY COPYING TOGASHI LIKE THAT!? No comment

Ichigo and Yusuke have similar personalities. WELL, THAT TOTALLY PROVES IT FOREVER AND ANYONE WHO THINKS OTHERWISE IS OBVIOUSLY JUST BLINDED BY THEIR INSANE DEVOTION TO BLEACH!!!! I realy don't see how Ichigo and Yusuke would have similar personalities. Yusuke is a much better character.

Remember kids, crack is bad for you. It is? Oops. :oops:
I understand that it came from Tyrel, but I wanted to comment o nthe whole "Crack is bad for you" thing. :/

tyrell4life194
11-02-2010, 04:33 PM

ZOMGZORZ BLEACH HAS REIATSU! THAT CAN ONLY BE STOLEN FROM YYH, NEVER MIND THE FACT THAT THE CONCEPT HAS EXISTED FOR ALOT LONGER THAN YYH

Ichigo and Yusuke get into fights with other people. THAT TOTALLY PROVES IGHIGO IS A CARBON COPY!

Yusuke fights demons. Ichigo fights Hollows. ARE THERE NO DEPTHS KUBO WILL SINK TO!

Ichigo and Yusuke both have only one parent. MY GOD, DOES KUBO HAVE NO SHAME BLATANTLY COPYING TOGASHI LIKE THAT!?

Ichigo and Yusuke have similar personalities. WELL, THAT TOTALLY PROVES IT FOREVER AND ANYONE WHO THINKS OTHERWISE IS OBVIOUSLY JUST BLINDED BY THEIR INSANE DEVOTION TO BLEACH!!!!

Remember kids, crack is bad for you.
That's why I only stated that it's my opinion. No one said that you have to comment nor agree to my opinion in the first place.

Nyruss
11-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Similar concepts aren't automatically ripoffs. Otherwise, Harry Potter and Hogwarts would be a ripoff of Ponder Stibbons and the Unseen University. Dragonball uses spirit energy as well, but they call it...I don't remember what they called it, but YYH is hardly the first example of the idea in fiction.

tyrell4life194
11-02-2010, 04:35 PM
[/COLOR]
I understand that it came from Tyrel, but I wanted to comment o nthe whole "Crack is bad for you" thing. :/
Again, Only my opinion. I'm not saying that I'm right or anything, but it's only my opinion, but it doesn't mean that you have to be an ass about it anyway. And I never said Yusuke and Ichigo have the same personalities now have I? Hmm, don't recall. I said that they are both tempermental.

tyrell4life194
11-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Similar concepts aren't automatically ripoffs. Otherwise, Harry Potter and Hogwarts would be a ripoff of Ponder Stibbons and the Unseen University. Dragonball uses spirit energy as well, but they call it...I don't remember what they called it, but YYH is hardly the first example of the idea in fiction.
You can't comprehend my comment, when I said that it's only an OPINION. Opinions=/= facts. I wrote about "it's just my opinion" part on the first post I ever made when I included the ripoff part. Don't get all mental on me bro.