PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm: What do I want? What do I expect? What don't I expect?

Shikamaru Nara
10-22-2010, 01:59 PM
What do I want? What do I expect? What don't I expect?

This thread is basically about the game from my point of view before the game arrives at my house. Obviously, after making this thread and playing the game through, I'll make a thread about a review. This may also include some questions, and anybody who gives a direct quote from the OP and an answer, will be rewarded. Obviously, these rewards go to the first answer.

One of the things I want most of all, is for the game to have a couple of things.

Good roster. (Achieved.) With Naruto games, I've noticed that there's a lack in quantity when it comes to characters. I've always wanted more characters than provided. This is ideal for fighting games of course. This has been achieved for sure with a whopping 41 character roster. Although I wonder why Lars was added. (This is a question, just for the record. But the rest, you'll have to spot on your own.)
Good graphics.

Most fighting games (Classics and all.) usually lack in good graphics. Although PS3 is a next gen system, I can't be assured of good graphics. I'm wondering about how the overall quality of graphics are.

Good story.

Naruto games lack in story...xD

Good difficulty.

No game is fun without a high difficulty.

I expect that the game will be a good length since it's to the Pain Arc.

Will the trophies be hard to achieve?

J-Sun Tasogare
10-22-2010, 02:26 PM
The game is difficult towards the end, but it's crazy easy in the beginning, I never got hit in the Sasori fight.

The Roster is very good, and easy to unlock.

Graphics are good xD

The only complaints I have are:

It should've followed the story more closely
The boss fights shouldv'e been longer
The fighting style should have more combo's/abilities
More costumes
Like the 1st one I wish you could stay in awakening mode for a whole battle, was Fun to do Gated Lee vs CS Sasuke, or just to test my abilities.

Though Pain is the most annoying enemy ever xD

Also, do the story on Japaneese with subtitles, SOOOO much better.

Reyno
10-22-2010, 03:18 PM
1. Like you said, good roster. I don't really consider it 41 characters. Since there are... ermm.. two versions of a couple... and then there's lars and chiyo who i think should have been replaced with Kurenai and Shizune.

2. Good graphics... I think so. it looks like the manga in motion. not the anime, but the manga. it looks good to me.

3. Good story... check. I say the story was good, it follows the manga pretty well and actually does a decent job telling it. and when I say decent i mean I thought it was surprisingly good. there were points in time where i was like... wow, they did a better job with the story than i thought. i cared more about the more melancholy parts of the story when they happened in game than i did when i read them in the manga.

4. Good difficulty.. maybe. depends on how good you are at it. it gets progressively more difficult as the story goes along. it starts off ridiculously easy, but by the time you get to the end you'll have to put in some work. but it'll never be like fighting a really difficult opponent online. but that's really with any game.

Shika-fiend
10-22-2010, 03:31 PM
What do I want? What do I expect? What don't I expect?

Good roster. (Achieved.) With Naruto games, I've noticed that there's a lack in quantity when it comes to characters. I've always wanted more characters than provided. This is ideal for fighting games of course. This has been achieved for sure with a whopping 41 character roster. Although I wonder why Lars was added. (This is a question, just for the record. But the rest, you'll have to spot on your own.) Lars is in because Masashi Kishimoto made the ALT costume for him in Tekken 6.
Good graphics.

Most fighting games (Classics and all.) usually lack in good graphics. Although PS3 is a next gen system, I can't be assured of good graphics. I'm wondering about how the overall quality of graphics are. Yeah, the game has pretty sweet graphics. But remember, graphics DON'T make a game.

Good story.

Naruto games lack in story...xD
Really nice story, but with TONS of dialouge. TONS. But, the story is short when you really get into it.

Good difficulty.

No game is fun without a high difficulty.
The game is easy as pie in the beginning. But once you get to the Kakuzu boss, it becomes challenging.

I expect that the game will be a good length since it's to the Pain Arc.

Will the trophies be hard to achieve? Probably. I only have 30% of trophies so far, so I dunno. But, I'm not a trophy hoar so this doesn't concern me.

In red.

Taker369
10-22-2010, 04:07 PM
there should have been more combos and Justus the dubbed voice acting is horrible the graphics are amazing the difficulty is neutral at times all and all it,s not worth 60 bucks not enough content in it for that price but if your a naruto fan boy then i say it wont be disappointing for you.

Tevin Hyuga
10-22-2010, 05:21 PM
The only problem in this game is that the gampley is broken and is very annoying. When you get the hang of the broken versus gamplay, you will often be called a spammer, when in reality you're just being carful and effective. If you're not REALLY competitive and games and just want to play for fun... OR haven't played the first NUNS you'll be fine I guess.

Shikamaru Nara
10-22-2010, 06:38 PM
The game is difficult towards the end, but it's crazy easy in the beginning, I never got hit in the Sasori fight.

That's the way it should be. It's good that way you get the feel of everything before you really get sucked into the game. Difficulty is always a good addition. It helps when you're trying to get into the game.

The Roster is very good, and easy to unlock.

Awesome. How many Storm Points do you earn in a Free Battle? (Estimated.) Just wanna get an idea of how much time it takes to get them through free battle. Are all of the characters available through story mode as well? The way to get characters sooooo reminds me of Naruto Clash of Ninja Two. xDDDDDD

Graphics are good xD

I'm glad. :P

The only complaints I have are:

It should've followed the story more closely

Usually games don't focus on the story, more on the game play aspect of the game. I don't expect much in that department.

The boss fights shouldv'e been longer

From what I can tell from the demo, the Kakashi one is pretty long. Are they all that length? If so, I'm fine with the lengths.

The fighting style should have more combo's/abilities

I thought so. Didn't expect much here.

More costumes

Ehh, costumes don't matter much to me.

Like the 1st one I wish you could stay in awakening mode for a whole battle, was Fun to do Gated Lee vs CS Sasuke, or just to test my abilities.

I like to stay in Awakening mode, but I think they're too haxx. I like to take my time with fights, not just you know....win. xD

Though Pain is the most annoying enemy ever xD

I hate annoying enemies. >_<

Also, do the story on Japaneese with subtitles, SOOOO much better.

Thanks for the help. I'll heed your warnings.

1. Like you said, good roster. I don't really consider it 41 characters. Since there are... ermm.. two versions of a couple... and then there's lars and chiyo who i think should have been replaced with Kurenai and Shizune.

Kurenai has rarely gotten any sort of screen time. Two much of a waste of a character in my opinion. Also, Shizune isn't really much of a developed character as well. Not a big problem in my opinion.

2. Good graphics... I think so. it looks like the manga in motion. not the anime, but the manga. it looks good to me.

Awesome. I don't watch the anime much anymore, so I'll compare. Thanks for the experiment.

3. Good story... check. I say the story was good, it follows the manga pretty well and actually does a decent job telling it. and when I say decent i mean I thought it was surprisingly good. there were points in time where i was like... wow, they did a better job with the story than i thought. i cared more about the more melancholy parts of the story when they happened in game than i did when i read them in the manga.

I guess I'll have to look for myself. Seems that there are mixed emotions about how the story is conveyed.

4. Good difficulty.. maybe. depends on how good you are at it. it gets progressively more difficult as the story goes along. it starts off ridiculously easy, but by the time you get to the end you'll have to put in some work. but it'll never be like fighting a really difficult opponent online. but that's really with any game.

The different modes are probably harder ...

there should have been more combos and Justus the dubbed voice acting is horrible the graphics are amazing the difficulty is neutral at times all and all it,s not worth 60 bucks not enough content in it for that price but if your a naruto fan boy then i say it wont be disappointing for you.

No, I don't love Naruto enough to be disappointed if the game isn't incredible.

The only problem in this game is that the gampley is broken and is very annoying. When you get the hang of the broken versus gamplay, you will often be called a spammer, when in reality you're just being carful and effective. If you're not REALLY competitive and games and just want to play for fun... OR haven't played the first NUNS you'll be fine I guess.

... Broken?

ChaosInuYasha
10-22-2010, 07:05 PM
The combat for some characters is broken in the sense that picking them in battle = auto win. Sage Mode Naruto is guilty of this. His Rasengan Barrage jutsu comes out at you incredibly fast and does a good chunk of damage for low chakra cost. Also Itachi is just as broken as he was in UNS1 minus the Tsukyoumi awakening. That's what we mean by broken. I'm sure others can clarify this better than I could but unless you wanna bang your head against the wall I'd stay away from online for awhile. Also getting some of the optional non story related trophies can be a tad hard. There were some sidequest battles (namely that last Trial battle) that made me really mad.

Phoenix Wright
10-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Player matches are a lot more easy-going than ranked, but if you're skilled then spammers shouldn't be a problem and I dunno what the complaining about Susano'o and KN6/4 is about, I mean those awakenings are easy to combat against.

But spamming back is just retarded. It makes them think spamming is okay and only if you're really horrible at the game you'd only then have a reason to do that, but why play the game for wins, why not play just to have fun.

ChaosInuYasha
10-22-2010, 11:44 PM
@pheonix - I do play for fun howver since I dont play with too many human opponents I tend to suck when it comes to online. I kinda want the online trophies so I can finally have a game with a platinum in it but I wont worry about it too much if I don't get them.

Shikamaru Nara
10-23-2010, 06:39 AM
So it sounds like the fighting system still isn't perfected. But that was expected honestly.

TiagoX2
10-23-2010, 08:31 AM
So it sounds like the fighting system still isn't perfected. But that was expected honestly.

Duh, theres isnt a single game with a Perfect System `|(
But the game is awsome. i could play it non-stop cause its fun, good and graphics are very good :)
And its worth 60 Bucks, Fifas and PES, Halos and many more are the 1s that arent worth 60 Bucks `:|

Overall:
9/10 as a Gamer `!:)
10/10 as a Naruto Fan `:)

Shikamaru Nara
10-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Duh, theres isnt a single game with a Perfect System `|(
But the game is awsome. i could play it non-stop cause its fun, good and graphics are very good :)
And its worth 60 Bucks, Fifas and PES, Halos and many more are the 1s that arent worth 60 Bucks `:|

Overall:
9/10 as a Gamer `!:)
10/10 as a Naruto Fan `:)

Are you a casual gamer, or hardcore?

TiagoX2
10-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Are you a casual gamer, or hardcore?

Define Hardcore :cool:

If by Hardcore u mean i played Games all my life then Yeah i am :)

If by Hardcore u mean i only like FPS then no im not :/ (i hate FPS)

I have around 1200 games for all my systems together (Mega Drive (Master System), Sega Saturn, PS1, GBC, PS2, GBA, PC, PS3)

PC i could have much more but i usually play Free MMORPGS `;)

KesshiStorm2
11-06-2010, 07:12 PM
I easily made it up to Naruto vs. Kakuzu without dying. The only hard part before that was Tenten/Neji vs. Neji/Tenten clones because Tenten sucks. But once I got to Kakuzu, I occasionaly died, but somehow I managed to do Sasuke vs. Itachi 1st try. Also Jiraiya vs Pain was ridiculously easier than I thought. But the final part of Naruto vs. Pain was tough. Then the game got drastically harder when I went to collect all the cursed dolls. Some fights were easy and some fights took 2-4 tries. Sasuke vs Killer Bee was really really hard because Killerbee spams the second the match starts, then in his Hachibi mode, it's almost impossible. The hardest fight by far was Naruto vs Dark Sage Naruto.