PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm: Major gamplay problems with naruto ultimate ninja storm 2!!

Tevin Hyuga
10-21-2010, 02:59 PM
FIGHTING SYSTEM & GAMEPLAY

I will like to share with you my complaints about this games gameplay. First off I would like to say this is a really great game, but if you played the previous game you will see MAJOR set backs. First I would like to say I own the first Ninja Storm game. I studied the game really hard in order to master the game.
When I first played NUNS2 for Ps3 I quickly noticed the fighting speed of the game. The first character I played with was Neji of course and, without thought I quickly rushed in to my opponent( which was a human) and I noticed that when I did, we did some sort of break-up clash. In the previous game that only happens when the other opponent chakra dashes into you as well. Well sadly in this game If you rush into your opponent and your opponent blocks, you break up instead of stopping at your opponent. THIS WAS ONE OF THE WORSE MISTAKES THAT THEY ADDED ON THE GAME PERIOD. People do you know what that means? Well that means if I go into awakening the first thing I try to do is to rush in and hit you, and you block my rush we separate. The defensive opponent can continue this as MUCH as he wants to. That sucks if your awakening requires physical contact! Smh.
Second, the cool downs after attacks are TOO SLOW!! ESPECIALLY if your character have a double hits within the combo. In the previous game when you get done with the combo sometimes you can quickly gaurd your back by blocking or jumping. Nuh-uh not this game, if you miss there will be some problems. Now the cool down is SOOO bad, I could grab you EVERY time, get justus in or worse a ultimate justus. The second part of this is since the cool downs are SOOO slow that, you can no longer slow down the hitting pattern anymore with most characters. Don't know what that is? For example, if NUNS1 if I KNOW you're good at substitutions and you got the rythm down if I was smart I would slow down the pattern of pressing the attack button to throw my opponent off. The was a really good tactic of fighting. Some characters in the game can still do it but certainly not all.

AWAKENINGS

Ugh awakenings. I DO NOT like the awakenings in this game. Some are TOO powerful and if you get caught in the corner, I'm afriad it's over my friend. You can't really combat an awakening in this game. You can't grab them or do specials...Well specials are somewhat understandable but dang. This sucks. The only thing you can really do against some are weapons or projectile justu. Awakenings are overused in the game. Let's say that we fight, and I'm owning you, let's say that you're Killer Bee and you turn 8 tails. IF you get me in the corner which is easy, YOU could KILL my life. God forbid if I was in a close battle with you and you go awakening first. You'll kill me. This is really frustrating and match changing.

ITEM USAGE

Last but not least is the item usage. The items are SOOO pointless on this game. I remember one online battle a guy was attacking me and if you don't already know that you can throw paperbombs inside combos. Well I threw a paper bomb at the guy while he was attacking, he flew off ofcourse but it did LITTLE damage. I was like wooooow. Paper bombs was one of the MOST effective item on the previous games.

OVERALL

Overall, with this new style of gameplay will GREATLY discourage close quarters fighting. You will see more use of get-off-me justsus and grabs for countering. Don't understand? For example if you do your combo and you miss, I can just simply grab you over and over. So, if you are an agressive player if you get matched with me it'll be your doom. I'm not about to try to attack you back after you miss I'll just tell you now. It's a gamble pretty much If I do try to attack you back because you can simply substitue and grab me. This equals dull gameplay. As a result of this new type of gamplay, get ready to see meet ALOT of campers online. Matches will now consist of thrown items that by the way doesn't do to much and team attacks. Last but not least the dreaded awakenings. Well that's what you guys and pretty much be looking at when you play online. Hopefully like me, you'll find SOME ways around these problems. At the end of the day, you will almost always be faced with them.

Thank you for your time for reading my complaints guys. I guess this was all I can give back to the naruto community. Later I'll post some solutions for some problems, but for now see if you can find solutions and post them PLEASE!! =)

Hey guys I need your help. I recently posted this exact same post on a Namco Bandai site, and I need all the people who agreed to what I was saying to post. I need you guys to post because our opinions will actually matter on an Namco Bandai site. The makers of the game could read and possibly respond to our opinions! Let's make our opinions count! So, if you're with me go to this link http://forums.namcobandaigames.com/showthread.php?t=9796 (http://forums.namcobandaigames.com/showthread.php?t=9796) and repost your opinions! If you don't have an account I'm afraid you'll have to make one, but it'll be worth it!! So guys let's get our opinions in and in turn we could possibly see a better game in the future!! One more thing, the least I can do is give you a rep point for posting on the site so, when you make your acc please type in the same name that you have on this site please! Thank you guys for you time!!

* If you are here because you clicked on this link from my other post, feel free to comment on this post if you want to. Be sure to comment on the current thread though!! Thanks!!

QCSPY
10-21-2010, 03:02 PM
omg i tried to read but..too long way too long

Tevin Hyuga
10-21-2010, 03:03 PM
TRUST me, it's worth the read man.

QCSPY
10-21-2010, 03:05 PM
TRUST me, it's worth the read man.

i know that they screwed up some things but its not too major and we cant do anything about it. no need to make a wall of china...

Shikamaru Nara
10-21-2010, 03:07 PM
I read some of it, and from what I can tell, you have a good grasp of what's to look at in a game. This was good to read before getting the game. Thanks!

Tevin Hyuga
10-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Hmph obviously you're not familiar with the first one are you? Keep yourcomments to yourself if you don't know what you're talking about please.

TaKaSasuke
10-21-2010, 03:11 PM
i mean i get what you are saying but remember all games are never perfect lol i can tell you ever game you ever played had aleast a few glitches:)

QCSPY
10-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Hmph obviously you're not familiar with the first one are you? Keep yourcomments to yourself if you don't know what you're talking about please.

dude i got the first game, and played it a lot. i know what youre going on about. but god, make paragraphs or something...or just stop crying. choose between the 2

Tevin Hyuga
10-21-2010, 03:12 PM
I read some of it, and from what I can tell, you have a good grasp of what's to look at in a game. This was good to read before getting the game. Thanks! You're welcome man but despite what I said, it's a really good game. It's just if you're trying to play it professionally it's a problem.

Shikamaru Nara
10-21-2010, 03:14 PM
You're welcome man but despite what I said, it's a really good game. It's just if you're trying to play it professionally it's a problem.

Most Naruto games are for casual gamers, although I heard some of the Trophies are very hard to achieve, so it was intended to appeal to both types of gamers. Would you agree with that?

Tevin Hyuga
10-21-2010, 03:15 PM
i mean i get what you are saying but remember all games are never perfect lol i can tell you ever game you ever played had aleast a few glitches:) Yes true... but these are TERRIBLE mistakes made in the game that spoils the fun and will lead to complaints from other gamers.

Tevin Hyuga
10-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Most Naruto games are for casual gamers, although I heard some of the Trophies are very hard to achieve, so it was intended to appeal to both types of gamers. Would you agree with that? Yeah true enough, true enough.

TaKaSasuke
10-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Yes true... but these are TERRIBLE mistakes made in the game that spoils the fun and will lead to complaints from other gamers.

hmm good point i see what you are saying lol like when i was on youtube i did see alot PS3 and XBOX360 fanboys ranting about the graphics when the only different i see is that PS3 graphics are darker and the XBOX360 graphics are brighter haha i turely understand why you put this thread up

HorizonLightss
10-21-2010, 03:37 PM
those of you complaining about the problems in it, you guys are lucky we even got the game, japan could of gotten it first and they could of decided that NA got it in 2011
from all my friends, i heard the game is amazing and i think it is too and i havent even got it yet

Tevin Hyuga
10-21-2010, 03:45 PM
those of you complaining about the problems in it, you guys are lucky we even got the game, japan could of gotten it first and they could of decided that NA got it in 2011
from all my friends, i heard the game is amazing and i think it is too and i havent even got it yet How could you judge something you haven't even played yet? Don't say things like that until you played the game yourself. Well your friends are right this game is nice but it has some big problems with it. That's all I will say about it. Just tell me when you get the game and start hearing complaints on your own.

TaKaSasuke
10-21-2010, 04:00 PM
from all my friends, i heard the game is amazing and i think it is too and i havent even got it yet

Eh??? what are you talking about he just put this thread up saying what problems the game has so umm like Tevin said before you open ur mouth and start ranting u should play it urself first then come back.:cool:

HorizonLightss
10-21-2010, 04:11 PM
lol
im not even going to respond back to those
if theres so many things wrong with it then just go play nuns1

TaKaSasuke
10-21-2010, 04:16 PM
You still don't get it do SMH why reply back to the thread anywho im not going to start flaming someone thread because of someone lack of understanding:cool:

Pain_man_who_became_god
10-21-2010, 04:16 PM
meh problems aside, this is a great game.like the first(for two years its been my favorite game) love the second but i do see what your sayin on the knockback thing but with awakenings, some ninja are just more powerful i can deal with that by dodging. its finding a way around these flaws thats the key. if your a great player, an awakening or most other attacks for that matter shouldnt pahase you cuz they didnt hit you

TaKaSasuke
10-21-2010, 04:21 PM
meh problems aside, this is a great game.like the first(for two years its been my favorite game) love the second but i do see what your sayin on the knockback thing but with awakenings, some ninja are just more powerful i can deal with that by dodging. its finding a way around these flaws thats the key. if your a great player, an awakening or most other attacks for that matter shouldnt pahase you cuz they didnt hit you

true me personally i love the game aswell i like the gameplay,graphics,story mode,the characters everything i was just explaining to the guy up top that Tevin was just saying the things he doesn't like about the game :O

Tevin Hyuga
10-21-2010, 04:26 PM
meh problems aside, this is a great game.like the first(for two years its been my favorite game) love the second but i do see what your sayin on the knockback thing but with awakenings, some ninja are just more powerful i can deal with that by dodging. its finding a way around these flaws thats the key. if your a great player, an awakening or most other attacks for that matter shouldnt pahase you cuz they didnt hit you With the awakenings I mean you're right some ninjas are just powerful. But to prevent this game from being a DBZ Tenkaiechi 2( or however you spell it) they should at least limit the time of those awakenings. Example: Killer bee, ALL the narutos, sasori's and more. Face it, if you get in a corner, unless your kabuto or tobi or ANY ninja that can't go underground, let's face it, your screwed.

TiagoX2
10-21-2010, 05:04 PM
The games fine :), i just miss the Awakening Ougis :(
(from a guy that just needs 3 Trophies for 100% `:) )

Xihyon
10-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Some of these are problems, but I have seen no effort or any signs of balancing being taken place.

Perhaps the meta game needs to move around life camping their awakening so they can't hit it.

Copy
10-22-2010, 04:25 AM
Well, i 100% agree u Tevin. I played NUNS1 alot with my friend in VS (around 230h). This game is a downgrade when its come to gameplay and the VS mode. Taijutsu is worse than before, there is no point anymore to get in close combat. I just still play UNS2 cuz its shippuuden and online.

I share ur feeling and opinion, Tevin.

Tevin Hyuga
10-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Well, i 100% agree u Tevin. I played NUNS1 alot with my friend in VS (around 230h). This game is a downgrade when its come to gameplay and the VS mode. Taijutsu is worse than before, there is no point anymore to get in close combat. I just still play UNS2 cuz its shippuuden and online.

I share ur feeling and opinion, Tevin. Thanks man! Somebody that actually has some sense when it comes down to gamplay. You're right though taijustu sucks in this game! They need to make a huge update to change the main problems or something. If not, I'm going to do Raging Blast 2 all day.

QCSPY
10-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Thanks man! Somebody that actually has some sense when it comes down to gamplay. You're right though taijustu sucks in this game! They need to make a huge update to change the main problems or something. If not, I'm going to do Raging Blast 2 all day.

the game needs some patches, but a dragon ball game?? seriously lol?...

Tevin Hyuga
10-22-2010, 04:29 PM
the game needs some patches, but a dragon ball game?? seriously lol?... Um yeah with raging blast you can have a very strategic matches for your info. Better than naruto with these stupid problems.

kamui
10-23-2010, 09:14 AM
For what the game is, it's perfect!

Shikamaru Nara
10-23-2010, 11:00 AM
I based my answer on the poll off of the demo. I think that you're correct in some areas and not in some others, so I voted no I don't agree.

Tevin Hyuga
10-24-2010, 05:13 PM
I based my answer on the poll off of the demo. I think that you're correct in some areas and not in some others, so I voted no I don't agree. Can you explain the other areas then please?

Tevin Hyuga
10-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Honestly, and don't take this offensive but you guys are like really overlooking the things I stated. You guys are first of all, caught up in how new the game is, and just exited about having the game you're not even taking the time to notice the flaws. You guys are blinded. Second, HALF of you guys are on story mode still and probably haven't even played versus mode enough to notice. Other people base their opinions from others. Others haven't even played the first NUNS at all. If you fit in anyone of these categorys I just said don't post at all. See me, I started off in versus mode, not story. Also I got almost ALL the characters just by playing in versus mode with OTHER experienced players. This is why I caught these flaws off the rip. So before you post just please play and pay attention to the things I mentioned. After that you will soon experience the problems I had with the game.

QCSPY
10-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Honestly, and don't take this offensive but you guys are like really overlooking the things I stated. You guys are first of all, caught up in how new the game is, and just exited about having the game you're not even taking the time to notice the flaws. You guys are blinded. Second, HALF of you guys are on story mode still and probably haven't even played versus mode enough to notice. Other people base their opinions from others. Others haven't even played the first NUNS at all. If you fit in anyone of these categorys I just said don't post at all. See me, I started off in versus mode, not story. Also I got almost ALL the characters just by playing in versus mode with OTHER experienced players. This is why I caught these flaws off the rip. So before you post just please play and pay attention to the things I mentioned. After that you will soon experience the problems I had with the game.

maybe they noticed but they just dont care and enjoy the game dont you think? like they suck it up and move on? cause i sure did notice a lot of flaws. jutsu clash didnt return,real utlimates didnt too, when you call in your supports jst before getting caught in a jutsu or getitng grabbed,they get canceled, and i could go on. but dude, even if we whine,do you expect a patch or what? good luck with that

Tevin Hyuga
10-24-2010, 05:41 PM
maybe they noticed but they just dont care and enjoy the game dont you think? like they suck it up and move on? cause i sure did notice a lot of flaws. jutsu clash didnt return,real utlimates didnt too, when you call in your supports jst before getting caught in a jutsu or getitng grabbed,they get canceled, and i could go on. but dude, even if we whine,do you expect a patch or what? good luck with that Ok but I bet you be one of the main ones online complaining about all so and so does is spam this and that, and the want to send them a PM telling them about it because you're mad. This post is basically foreshadowing what you're basically going to see in online play, and I also posted how I felt about it. Notice how I didn't talk about story mode? This is about VERSUS GAMPLAY and If you don't like what im doing, get of the thread. Sheesh.

QCSPY
10-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Ok but I bet you be one of the main ones online complaining about all so and so does is spam this and that, and the want to send them a PM telling them about it because you're mad. This post is basically foreshadowing what you're basically going to see in online play, and I also posted how I felt about it. Notice how I didn't talk about story mode? This is about VERSUS GAMPLAY and If you don't like what im doing, get of the thread. Sheesh.

if you dont like the game as it is, go back to nuns1. at least youll stop crying.

Tevin Hyuga
10-24-2010, 05:54 PM
if you dont like the game as it is, go back to nuns1. at least youll stop crying. Hmph no comback? I thought so.

HorizonLightss
10-24-2010, 05:55 PM
this game might have some flaws but in my opinion its perfect, and yes i have completed story mode and gotten all of the characters and it never gets boring, every match online is a strategic battle against one another[excluding the spammers]if your not happy with the game then return it and quit complaining about the small problems on a discussion forum that wont get resolved by the actual producers,i personally love the game,and im guessing why they didnt put the jutsu clashes,and all those other things, they excluded them so that we could enjoy online without that many lags, they did it for the best, and btw storm 2 owns raging blast and owns it again just because it can

QCSPY
10-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Hmph no comback? I thought so.

what do you want me to say to a big crying butthurt f a g g o t that think only his opinion is right? cant disscuss with your kind

HorizonLightss
10-24-2010, 05:57 PM
and btw qcspy, i enjoyed reading your comments

Tevin Hyuga
10-24-2010, 06:00 PM
this game might have some flaws but in my opinion its perfect, and yes i have completed story mode and gotten all of the characters and it never gets boring, every match online is a strategic battle against one another[excluding the spammers]if your not happy with the game then return it and quit complaining about the small problems on a discussion forum that wont get resolved by the actual producers,i personally love the game,and im guessing why they didnt put the jutsu clashes,and all those other things, they excluded them so that we could enjoy online without that many lags, they did it for the best, and btw storm 2 owns raging blast and owns it again just because it can
Are you serious? Ask your self what makes a spammer a spammer in this game? Second, I belive that the NUNS story mode is better than raging blast but certainly not the versus. You can even get a full combo in in NUNS series for heavens sake.

HorizonLightss
10-24-2010, 06:05 PM
spammer=people who stay in the corner the entire match like deidara throwing clay at you
and yes there are multiple different combos in the game you can do

Tevin Hyuga
10-24-2010, 06:06 PM
what do you want me to say to a big crying butthurt f a g g o t that think only his opinion is right? cant disscuss with your kind How do you let someone elses opinion make you so angry, and at that you don't even know me. Is this game that important to you? You act like you spent you whole paycheck on it or something. Just accept that the game have flaws and because of it, your going to have some pretty dull online matches because of it.

HorizonLightss
10-24-2010, 06:11 PM
lol i have not had one dull online match yet
of course you'd have to play on it for more than 10 minutes to know that
but like i said, if your that upset with the flaws of the game go return it to where ever you bought it from and quit complaining about it on a discussion forum hoping that cc2 is going to read it one day and fix it,its even more pathetic how you made an actual thread for your complaints hoping to get somebody to agree with you, its apparently not working in your favor, *goes off to play storm 2 online*

QCSPY
10-24-2010, 06:11 PM
How do you let someone elses opinion make you so angry, and at that you don't even know me. Is this game that important to you? You act like you spent you whole paycheck on it or something. Just accept that the game have flaws and because of it, your going to have some pretty dull online matches because of it.

my god youre one blind fu.cker. i keep saying that this game has flaws, but you need to move on and stop crying like a big fa g g o t. ok you prefer dragon ball online go play it. but leave us alone and be gentle enough to gtfo.not like someone will miss you online. if you want a patch to fix your flaws make a petition. not like youre gonna change something on a forum.

Tevin Hyuga
10-24-2010, 06:12 PM
spammer=people who stay in the corner the entire match like deidara throwing clay at you
and yes there are multiple different combos in the game you can do Oh god, you can't even defeat a deidara that turtles i corner spamming clay? Wow. What you need to worry about is the awakenings that get you in the corner and spam beam attacks, and with absolutley no escape. But any ways I would like to see you get a full combo on an above average player, or even a casual player. I did not state that they DID NOT have different combos. Pay attention before you reply.

Tevin Hyuga
10-24-2010, 06:15 PM
lol i have not had one dull online match yet
of course you'd have to play on it for more than 10 minutes to know that
but like i said, if your that upset with the flaws of the game go return it to where ever you bought it from and quit complaining about it on a discussion forum hoping that cc2 is going to read it one day and fix it,its even more pathetic how you made an actual thread for your complaints hoping to get somebody to agree with you, its apparently not working in your favor, *goes off to play storm 2 online* I'm tired of your barking. If your so bad and the game is soo playable show me what you can do ONLINE. May I please have your online name so we can have a match? I have PSN btw.

HorizonLightss
lol have a brain before you make an actual thread, add me on xbox live and ill show you how to actually have a good online match

HorizonLightss
ha i have 360, aw too bad for you

QCSPY
10-24-2010, 06:18 PM
yo butthurt child go there: http://forums.namcobandaigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

i made the research just for you. go there and dont come back no one will miss you here and swipe your big tears

Tevin Hyuga
10-24-2010, 06:20 PM
my god youre one blind fu.cker. i keep saying that this game has flaws, but you need to move on and stop crying like a big fa g g o t. ok you prefer dragon ball online go play it. but leave us alone and be gentle enough to gtfo.not like someone will miss you online. if you want a patch to fix your flaws make a petition. not like youre gonna change something on a forum. Say what!? Leave you alone!? You're the one attacking me about my opinions! You didn't have to post, you chose too! So, I suggest you get your facts straight before you say idiotic things like that.

Tevin Hyuga
10-24-2010, 06:21 PM
yo butthurt child go there: http://forums.namcobandaigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

i made the research just for you. go there and dont come back no one will miss you here and swipe your big tears
Thanks! =D I acctually appreciate it! And no I'm not being sarcastic. I will post their soon thanks!

HorizonLightss
10-24-2010, 06:23 PM
and btw no offence to anyone else who has a ps3, ive heard that they have the most spammers online
one of them=tevin

QCSPY
Thanks! =D I acctually appreciate it! And no I'm not being sarcastic. I will post their soon thanks!

no problem! and try not being a big whiney bi.tch there while youre at it!

Tevin Hyuga
ha i have 360, aw too bad for you Such a shame. Don't worry though I'll make an example out of someone soon enough. Lol

QCSPY
10-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Such a shame. Don't worry though I'll make an example out of someone soon enough. Lol

i bet he would rape you so hard you would cry tears of blood. lol pun

Tevin Hyuga
10-24-2010, 06:25 PM
no problem! and try not being a big whiney bi.tch there while youre at it! Lol calm down calm down. Sorry that I disliked somethings about the game that you worshipped. What are you? 14? If so, I understand. =D

HorizonLightss
10-24-2010, 06:26 PM
lol im actually pretty good with kabuto as my main
i try to flush out the spammers

HorizonLightss
10-24-2010, 06:28 PM
and btw qcspy, do you have xbox? i would love to fight you sometime!

QCSPY
10-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Lol calm down calm down. Sorry that I disliked somethings about the game that you worshipped. What are you? 14? If so, I understand. =D

thats actually pretty fuc.king ironic since youre the big crying baby that doesnt understand anything.

QCSPY
10-24-2010, 06:30 PM
and btw qcspy, do you have xbox? i would love to fight you sometime!

yeah my GT is my username on the forum

Tevin Hyuga
10-24-2010, 06:32 PM
and btw no offence to anyone else who has a ps3, ive heard that they have the most spammers online
one of them=tevin You fail. The only reason that MAY be true is. FIRST OF ALL NUNS originated on the PS3, so it would naturally have more players.
SECOND we don't have to pay for online like you 360 players have to. That would add to the more people the play the ps3 version of the game and...unfortunatly could possibly lead to more spammers.
THIRD we never fought so how would you know that I spam.
GG no rematch.

QCSPY
10-24-2010, 06:35 PM
You fail. The only reason that MAY be true is. FIRST OF ALL NUNS originated on the PS3, so it would naturally have more players.
SECOND we don't have to pay for online like you 360 players have to. That would add to the more people the play the ps3 version of the game and...unfortunatly could possibly lead to more spammers.
THIRD we never fought so how would you know that I spam.
GG no rematch.

my god youre so getting pwned right now that you need to derail the thread to a ps3/xbox 360 war subject. youre the one failing noob. if i had the ps3 version i would fight you.

HorizonLightss
10-24-2010, 06:36 PM
lol dude its 9 dollars a month for live,its not that much,and yes i know it totals up over time but still, its not like im selling apart of my liver each time to play online

Tevin Hyuga
thats actually pretty fuc.king ironic since youre the big crying baby that doesnt understand anything.
Lmao. Just go to another thread. You say the same thing over and over again. You would get killed in a real debate, so with that being said, just stop arguing with me.

HorizonLightss
ill add you later qcspy `!:)

Tevin Hyuga
10-24-2010, 06:39 PM
my god youre so getting pwned right now that you need to derail the thread to a ps3/xbox 360 war subject. youre the one failing noob. if i had the ps3 version i would fight you. Wow, how did I bring up the PS3/360 war? Just 'cause I stated a FACT which was that 360 players had to pay for online and we didn't? Get YOUR facts straight before you continue saying idiotic things over and over again.

QCSPY
10-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Lmao. Just go to another thread. You say the same thing over and over again. You would get killed in a real debate, so with that being said, just stop arguing with me.

my god ill stop this here youre just too ironic i feel bad for you LOL. youre the one saying the same thing over again. you think your opinion is the only true one and doesnt accept anything. no one cares about your rant anymore. youre alone. go on the forum i gave you earlier and go find things to cry on. im done whiney child

HorizonLightss
10-24-2010, 06:41 PM
you might as well just delete this thread,you might as well go to gamestop and just yell it out to whoever will listen to you
like an angry hobo with a sign

QCSPY
10-24-2010, 06:44 PM
________@@_
|--------------\__
| WAAMBULANCE |
|__ _______ ___ /
''''''O'''''''''''''O''''

i called the waambulance for you

VirtualAlex
10-24-2010, 06:48 PM
I think it's important to discuss things about the game that we feel are flaws. this is how games get fixed and patched etc. All this flaming is really childish.

I never played UNS1, i am an xboxer. But I read what your complaints and I 100% agree than some awakenings are too powerful. But I think it's fine. Awakenings are such a small part of the game that it's negligible. I mean every fighting game has top-tier and low-tier characters. It's something that should be considered, but it can never be fixed without making everyone the same. Awakenings are not a major issue.

Your concern with tiajutsu are accurate. It is difficult to finish a combo, and there are many more defensive options than offensive ones especially if you are playing team mode. You can simply call in a support to bail you out. I think an easy fix would be to disable your ability to call in supports when you are getting beat down. But I guess that would diminish the value of supports a bit.

However if you are aware than the enemy is planning on countering/throwing you, you have several options to mix up your attacks. You could only land a few hits, and then do a jutsu, throw, or dash forward. You could also do a few hits, call in a support to finish the combo and dash back. You can also sub throws, so I don't see this as the big issue you make it out to be. I mean the better player is always going to win the melee slugfest. And if the defender has an advantage but it's equal for all characters than when are you complaining about? This isn't imbalance or anything.

Tevin Hyuga
10-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Okay. Next person want to state their opinions in a civil way?

Tevin Hyuga
10-24-2010, 07:03 PM
I think it's important to discuss things about the game that we feel are flaws. this is how games get fixed and patched etc. All this flaming is really childish.

I never played UNS1, i am an xboxer. But I read what your complaints and I 100% agree than some awakenings are too powerful. But I think it's fine. Awakenings are such a small part of the game that it's negligible. I mean every fighting game has top-tier and low-tier characters. It's something that should be considered, but it can never be fixed without making everyone the same. Awakenings are not a major issue.

Your concern with tiajutsu are accurate. It is difficult to finish a combo, and there are many more defensive options than offensive ones especially if you are playing team mode. You can simply call in a support to bail you out. I think an easy fix would be to disable your ability to call in supports when you are getting beat down. But I guess that would diminish the value of supports a bit.

However if you are aware than the enemy is planning on countering/throwing you, you have several options to mix up your attacks. You could only land a few hits, and then do a jutsu, throw, or dash forward. You could also do a few hits, call in a support to finish the combo and dash back. You can also sub throws, so I don't see this as the big issue you make it out to be. I mean the better player is always going to win the melee slugfest. And if the defender has an advantage but it's equal for all characters than when are you complaining about? This isn't imbalance or anything. First I would like to state that I appreciate your civil approach to this, but I would have to disagree on the taijutsu section. If there's two advance players fighting eachother, they both know the flaws in the game and really wouldn't engage in combat much. Also IF they did, majority would dodge ALL grabs, unless you're in the middle of an attack or justu animation. With that being known you'll easily be caught in grabs after substitution, or justus. This greatly discourages taijustu in this game. This will result in long range/team based matches between two skilled players, because they know taijustu is useless, unless their awakening shows otherwise. Even with that, you can still evade awakenings with the chakra-dash block thing. ( I mean awakenings that don't have to much of a transformation EX neji= byakugan, not much of a transformation, get it?) Basically what i'm saying in a nutshell is that taijustu is pointless and won't really be used with two experienced players. Just maybe alittle.

Reyno
10-24-2010, 07:18 PM
And if the defender has an advantage but it's equal for all characters than when are you complaining about? This isn't imbalance or anything.

Actually, I find most of what Tevin writes as accurate. See, defenders do usually have an advantage, and defending amongst the characters is mostly equally easy to do.

However, the offensive gameplay of some characters is obviously and really unarguably unbalanced. It would take a full string of combos to do the kind of damage with Ino in her awakening as it does Kyuubi with its chakra gun or susanoo with a few strikes of the sword. I'm not sure what you mean by awakenings being a small part of the game, but I don't know where you get that from. Players use awakenings to turn things around, and some characters have a major advantage in this field.

Ino, for example, requires physical contact or using her ninjutsu to really make use of her awakening. Substituting out of her physical attacks is simple. Dodging her ninjutsu is no more difficult than normal. If you slip up, you take a bit more damage. Slip up with Kyuubi, slip up with susanoo, you should seriously be concerned for your health bar.

That is imbalance. It is not broken, meaning it is avoidable, but it is most certainly imbalanced. Yes, there are ways around it, but there are ways around everything. However, if the risk against one character massively outweighs another, that is imbalance. No argument against it. Check the leaderboards. That said, it is definitely still possible to win with other characters, but it is an uphill battle and requires more effort. At least the game isn't so terrible imbalanced that it becomes nigh impossible or darn near broken.

Tevin your overall point that comboing with melee strikes has become all but obsolete is one of the truest points of all. I rarely melee because the risk is too great. I only go in for melee while in awakening, because it's practically required to get the most out of Ino's awakening. Otherwise it's pointless when a more defensive/counter style of play is safer.

Tevin Hyuga
10-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Actually, I find most of what Tevin writes as accurate. See, defenders do usually have an advantage, and defending amongst the characters is mostly equally easy to do.

However, the offensive gameplay of some characters is obviously and really unarguably unbalanced. It would take a full string of combos to do the kind of damage with Ino in her awakening as it does Kyuubi with its chakra gun or susanoo with a few strikes of the sword. I'm not sure what you mean by awakenings being a small part of the game, but I don't know where you get that from. Players use awakenings to turn things around, and some characters have a major advantage in this field.

Ino, for example, requires physical contact or using her ninjutsu to really make use of her awakening. Substituting out of her physical attacks is simple. Dodging her ninjutsu is no more difficult than normal. If you slip up, you take a bit more damage. Slip up with Kyuubi, slip up with susanoo, you should seriously be concerned for your health bar.

That is imbalance. It is not broken, meaning it is avoidable, but it is most certainly imbalanced. Yes, there are ways around it, but there are ways around everything. However, if the risk against one character massively outweighs another, that is imbalance. No argument against it. Check the leaderboards. That said, it is definitely still possible to win with other characters, but it is an uphill battle and requires more effort. At least the game isn't so terrible imbalanced that it becomes nigh impossible or darn near broken.

Tevin your overall point that comboing with melee strikes has become all but obsolete is one of the truest points of all. I rarely melee because the risk is too great. I only go in for melee while in awakening, because it's practically required to get the most out of Ino's awakening. Otherwise it's pointless when a more defensive/counter style of play is safer. OMFG THANK YOU!!!! SOMEBODY WHO ACCTUALLY AGREES TO WHAT I'M SAYING!! I assume that you're a somewhat advance player since you understand these things clearly right?

HorizonLightss
10-24-2010, 08:26 PM
first person to agree with the angry hobo
hooray

Reyno
10-24-2010, 08:43 PM
OMFG THANK YOU!!!! SOMEBODY WHO ACCTUALLY AGREES TO WHAT I'M SAYING!! I assume that you're a somewhat advance player since you understand these things clearly right?

Haha, well, I dunno really. I'm currently running 204-64 in online battles. Good, but not amazing. However, most of my losses were before I really sat down and started to practice tactics to counter the spammers and turtlers I kept encountering. Particularly naruto, itachi, deidara, and sasori, who make up 80% of the characters I fight. I play almost exclusively with Ino and I'm currently ranked 274 on the leaderboard (current goal is top 100, ultimate goal is top 20). So make of that what you will.

Either way what you wrote in your first post has so far proved incredibly accurate in my online battling experience with this game. Melee battling is very scarce aside from awakened states. Grabbing, ninjutsu, supports, and substitution are abundant. Substition is especially core and that's what makes grabbing abundant. Land a melee hit and you do a tiny bit of damage and have to hit more hit more to damage more, which means more opportunities for opponent to sub and hit back. But if you land a grab, you get in a decent amount of damage that is equal or even more damage than a full combo of melee hits - and the opponent can't sub out of it once it lands. Only time melee normally has a place is during awakening when melee hits are actually more powerful than a throw.

What's more, it's much easier to substitute again if you miss a throw. In fact, you can do so almost immediately (one exception being Ino whose body slumps over after her throw - yeah, so with her being my main I'm extremely careful with my throws and only use them in sure-hit situations) - whereas after a missed melee combo you may have accidentally pressed the attack one time extra which leaves your character whiffing away and open to pwnage.

Yeah, so that's enough about how throws are superior to melee combat. One last comment - normally when a character continuously attacks me with melee I assume they're a bit of a newb to the game. More often than not, it's true. Sometimes I dash in for melee just to confuse advanced players and make them think I'm a noob myself =P

I already made my point about IMBA-awakenings, so I'll let that be. Overall, Tevin, I just think you're right. That said, these "issues" don't stop me from playing. I just learned to cope with them, and I'm still adapting and figuring out ways to get past these issues. It kind of sucks that playing with your favorite character gives you a bit of a disadvantage, but it also makes you more skilled as you're forced to overcome the character's weaknesses. And then when you win against those IMBA-characters, it feels that much better.

Tevin Hyuga
10-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Haha, well, I dunno really. I'm currently running 204-64 in online battles. Good, but not amazing. However, most of my losses were before I really sat down and started to practice tactics to counter the spammers and turtlers I kept encountering. Particularly naruto, itachi, deidara, and sasori, who make up 80% of the characters I fight. I play almost exclusively with Ino and I'm currently ranked 274 on the leaderboard (current goal is top 100, ultimate goal is top 20). So make of that what you will.

Either way what you wrote in your first post has so far proved incredibly accurate in my online battling experience with this game. Melee battling is very scarce aside from awakened states. Grabbing, ninjutsu, supports, and substitution are abundant. Substition is especially core and that's what makes grabbing abundant. Land a melee hit and you do a tiny bit of damage and have to hit more hit more to damage more, which means more opportunities for opponent to sub and hit back. But if you land a grab, you get in a decent amount of damage that is equal or even more damage than a full combo of melee hits - and the opponent can't sub out of it once it lands. Only time melee normally has a place is during awakening when melee hits are actually more powerful than a throw.

What's more, it's much easier to substitute again if you miss a throw. In fact, you can do so almost immediately (one exception being Ino whose body slumps over after her throw - yeah, so with her being my main I'm extremely careful with my throws and only use them in sure-hit situations) - whereas after a missed melee combo you may have accidentally pressed the attack one time extra which leaves your character whiffing away and open to pwnage.

Yeah, so that's enough about how throws are superior to melee combat. One last comment - normally when a character continuously attacks me with melee I assume they're a bit of a newb to the game. More often than not, it's true. Sometimes I dash in for melee just to confuse advanced players and make them think I'm a noob myself =P

I already made my point about IMBA-awakenings, so I'll let that be. Overall, Tevin, I just think you're right. That said, these "issues" don't stop me from playing. I just learned to cope with them, and I'm still adapting and figuring out ways to get past these issues. It kind of sucks that playing with your favorite character gives you a bit of a disadvantage, but it also makes you more skilled as you're forced to overcome the character's weaknesses. And then when you win against those IMBA-characters, it feels that much better. You sound like my type of guy! Hey how about an online match? Please tell me you a ps3! How the way you're talking you sound like you understand the game and would be a formidable opponent. So how about it?

VirtualAlex
10-24-2010, 10:27 PM
I think you are confusing the two things I said. What I am saying about awakenings being a small part of the game is meaning they only take place when one character is at 25% life or so. And that is only if they activate it right away. They could be much lower, or they could just die before doing it.

I am not top 500 or anything, I just started playing recently so I know I am still pretty new. But I don't even see an awakening every match, let alone one of the imba ones. All I am saying is, it's totally fine for some awakenings to be imba because that is what makes those characters interesting.

My talk about defenders advantage isn't tied in with the awakening issue. I am just saying if melee combat is equally ineffective with all the characters it isn't really an issue of balance. I totally get the point you are saying. You explanation of why throw is so much better than attack is excellent I never even thought about it that way. That would be sad if at top-level play all the cool combo animations are never seen :(

What's the solution though? Make subs cost more chakra? Make throws less effective?

I do enjoy dashing in and only landing 3 hits of a combo and then just easing off. Often times you can see the opponent spazzing on the block button prime for a beating. It's the same kind of deal as in Broken Bond really.

pathbeyondthedark
10-24-2010, 10:43 PM
How to fix/balance game:

Subs: at least 1/3 of chakra bar

Grabs: half the damage

Awakenings: reduce the power of some. Authenticity is sacrificed, but it makes the game fairer and more balanced

Chakra load: I said even before release that chakra loads WAY too fast. No one seemed to agree, but... I think I have adequate evidence now to say that I was right. Take away the chakra balls and have chakra load slower. It will stop Jutsu spammers

Items: I think they are too weak. If we're only allowed a few per battle, they should be substantial enough to be useful

Supports: Lets face it, it'd probably be fairer without them. But to keep them they need to do something. i can't really think of anything to balance them though `o.o" maybe just load slower

Blah.
10-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Maybe this whole taijutsu problem could be fixed if speed and taijutsu skill of each individual character actually accounted for something.

Reyno
10-24-2010, 11:27 PM
I think you are confusing the two things I said. What I am saying about awakenings being a small part of the game is meaning they only take place when one character is at 25% life or so. And that is only if they activate it right away. They could be much lower, or they could just die before doing it.

This is somewhat true. A lot of people don't activate it until they're on the verge of death. I misunderstood, I thought you meant that they can't be game-changing. And truthfully, once you find your way around them they do have a smaller presence. Except for susanoo, who I find to be a threat in all but the most extreme noob's hands.

I am not top 500 or anything, I just started playing recently so I know I am still pretty new. But I don't even see an awakening every match, let alone one of the imba ones. All I am saying is, it's totally fine for some awakenings to be imba because that is what makes those characters interesting.

No no I'm not saying anything about anyone not being good or new. And you're right awakenings definitely don't happen in every match.

And about OPness making them interesting... well, I guess I can half-agree about that. Half the fun in fighting these itachis and narutos is beating them with underpowered characters, in my opinion. So I guess you can say I like them being overpowered to an extent. It can be frustrating, though, to be fighting someone of comparatively equal skill and be defeated because their awakening is more powerful than yours. That's where the main issue is, because sure, if I'm better than someone I can easily outdo their awakening, but what if they're as good as I am? It becomes a very difficult and sometimes frustrating battle at that point. I might lose to someone who I would have otherwise had a better chance against if our characters were more balanced.

I mean, you literally cannot block kyuubi's chakra gun. Subbing is possible, but you'd better sub the first one because getting hit by the first guarantees a hit by the second. And it is the fasting moving and most powerful projectile in the game. Granted there are ways to keep it from even coming out, but even at close range Kyuubi's hits are nothing to play around with. Compared to that, I'm not afraid of being hit a few times by kiba during his awakening. I'll just sub out and hop around. There's a powerful difference there. Don't get me wrong, Kyuubi is a joke to me now, but I'm just making a point. The imbalance can dwarf skill, and that's the issue tevin is getting at. Now you might not think it's a bad thing for there to be imbalance, but you gotta admit that the imbalance is there.

What's the solution though? Make subs cost more chakra? Make throws less effective?

That's a hard one. For one, throws should do less damage like pathbeyondthedark said. It's ridiculous that a move that is much easier to both utilize and recover from does comparative damage to a full melee combo. (Some, anyhow. Some characters like Pain have stronger melee combos as well)

I do enjoy dashing in and only landing 3 hits of a combo and then just easing off. Often times you can see the opponent spazzing on the block button prime for a beating. It's the same kind of deal as in Broken Bond really.

That's a good strategy I suppose. However, some people you fight will sub the moment you dash in, believe it. People twitch all over that block/sub button. Myself included, I'll admit, because it's just.. well, the best way to stay safe. Sometimes I think block and sub ought to be two different buttons that may or may not work simultaneously...

SilentBlade
10-25-2010, 06:37 AM
While I tend to agree, there are problems here and there, the game runs fairly smoothly. You can't look at this as a traditional button masher fighting game! this game is less about button mashing and super combo's and more about timing and openings. While close combat will result in a substituion jutsu, if you time and use your support properly it won't matter.

Just things to think about, try a less traditional approach to the game, I think the end result is that the combat is simple because the dev's wanted to the game to be more timing than anything.

xxSHINOxxFTWxx
10-25-2010, 08:11 AM
I agree with some of what you have to say. I have the first one and played it alot against humans (playing cpu was pointless). Anyways, the first thing I realized was the slower gameplay, but I got over that because it differentiated the characters better. The more you use different characters, the better you understand this.

As far as Awakenings... They are Powerful, but they should be. A lot more Balance than Part I to me when you think of Itachi, Naruto, Lee, well basically most people that didnt have generic awakenings. Its tough, but you have to try to survive when your opponent awakens. This is really when supports should be used.

I don't play like b*t*h, just hiding in the corner playing keep away only using your supports to attack and your character to grab (some people call it strategy... lol). My biggest issue that you mentioned was blocking the chakra dash. The knock back range is ridiculous. I'm using chakra to get close and a regular block is preventing this. Not only am I losing chakra trying to get close, but also the effectiveness of trying to fight hand to hand.

I cant blame everything on the game though. The whole online community is campers. Same as any other game I guess. Instead of enjoying the game, they are willing to just camp it out.

Reyno
10-25-2010, 08:33 AM
As far as Awakenings... They are Powerful, but they should be.

The point wasn't that awakenings are powerful in general. It's that some are OP compared to others. I do agree that compared to Storm 1 some of them at least have useful awakenings now. (With some characters in storm 1 the awakening really made little difference to me)

I cant blame everything on the game though. The whole online community is campers. Same as any other game I guess. Instead of enjoying the game, they are willing to just camp it out.

I say you really have to blame it on the game. The game makes camping possible and gives major advantage to keep-aways and turtlers. Naturally, if it's advantageous, people are going to do it. I'd argue that it's a common nature. I really can't blame people for playing to the gameplay's strengths.

pathbeyondthedark
10-25-2010, 09:36 AM
I say you really have to blame it on the game. The game makes camping possible and gives major advantage to keep-aways and turtlers. Naturally, if it's advantageous, people are going to do it. I'd argue that it's a common nature. I really can't blame people for playing to the gameplay's strengths.

Same here. Its simple, but its still strategy. If the game calls for it, then its only natural that people will abuse it. It happens with every game. There is "almost" always a character/strategy that rises miles above the rest. This is true in not only video games but sports, card games, etc. No matter how balanced it seems, someone will find a way to take advantage of something.

Take basketball. Fouls are supposed to be bad/illegal, you even have a foul limit before your thrown out of the game, but teams often use them to their advantage anyway mostly to stop the clock and get the ball back after foul shots. Rules/mechanics are meant to be broken. There isn't much you can do to change this.

That being said, Ninja Storm 2 is arguably "too" easy to exploit. Some simple changes can fix these things. At least make players have to think a little before they figure out an exploitive strategy, and one that most likely won't always work , like how the fouling doesn't pan out every time in basketball.

VirtualAlex
10-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Subbing should be done by pressing forward instead of block. You need to tap forward at the perfect time, and it does not work if you are blocking already.

That way if you mess it up you don't just end up blocking, but end up walking face first into attacks. It's like parry from Street Fighter.

xxSHINOxxFTWxx
10-25-2010, 03:49 PM
The point wasn't that awakenings are powerful in general. It's that some are OP compared to others. I do agree that compared to Storm 1 some of them at least have useful awakenings now. (With some characters in storm 1 the awakening really made little difference to me)

I agree that some characters Awakenings are Overpowered compared to others, but you can make everyone equal to the other. So I'm not really opposed to how they made that.

I agree some of the exploits are too easy, but its not a huge issue for me now as I have adjusted my gameplay to beat them, its just not as fun playing when you are the only one fighting. Its like playing MW2 and both teams camping on each side of the map. You can call it strategy if you want, (not you specifically, just in general) but its still camping... Are you going to blame that on the game as well ??? At some point the users get some blame too.

I am not one to complain, I can beat campers and aggressive alike, its just annoying and not as fun playing campers. Now with this said, I am not saying to just rush it blindly. Some strategy is needed just don't care playing campers... thats all

Tirr
10-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Fighting System and Gameplay
I don't seem to mind the exclusion of jutsu clashes, they are never really present in the anime or manga (except of course Naruto Vs Sasuke) and plus online the host player would win the button mash 100% of the time. I also think its better to have the attacks as a rhythm you can learn and not time them, it makes substitution more easy and makes on-line more robust. You will find a lot of the features you liked from Storm 1 removed to make the on-line balanced. I just like in general this game rewards more defensive play, yes the long range spammers are annoying but you just have to use a different strategy for them.

Awakenings
I see your point on this. There is definitely a few awakenings that are better than others, but then again I strongly believe if you let someone sit there and charge their chakra into awakening mode then you deserve to be spammed. Interrupting them costs nothing and they are always vulnerable because they are usually unguarded desperately trying to awaken.

Items
Yes items on the whole are fairly useless but they make good last resorts if your opponent is pressuring you and wont let you chakra load. They also make for a good distraction, for example throw an item then follow it up with a powerful move, the enemy will often try to dodge the item and then you got (in some circumstances) a window to get them with something more powerful. I always use supports, shuriken ect as fake attacks too.

Sorry if it seems like I disagree with a lot of your points OP and you do address some valid points but I do really think on-line is impressive for a fighter, much more enjoyable and reliable than Tekken 6.

HorizonLightss
10-25-2010, 05:20 PM
to the people who hate awakenings in the game, just think of it this way
lets say naruto was real and imagine you have six tailed fox form naruto in front of you,of course hes going to volley you to death

NBT
10-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Taijutsu-I noticed some of these problems,but they don't really bother me.I'll elaborate later.

Awakenings-Some(deidara,sasori,bee)are cheap as h*ll,but projectile spam usually works for me.

Items-Yes.They are weak,but a good way to get someone up off you sometimes.

Substitions-Not really sure what the big deal is.They can be pretty useful for separation,stalling,or luring into an...........nevermind.

I rarely play any game online,because 1.I hear there are tons of noobs.,2.I just don't care for it.3.(Xbox only)It cost money.

Tevin Hyuga
10-25-2010, 06:06 PM
Hey this goes out to Reyno good 2 matches online man... BUT I THINK THE SECOND ONE WAS A TIE!! Lol But yeah, I hope we could fight on a better connection =D

Tirr
10-26-2010, 02:01 AM
You can't look at this as a traditional button masher fighting game! this game is less about button mashing and super combo's and more about timing and openings. While close combat will result in a substituion jutsu, if you time and use your support properly it won't matter.

Just things to think about, try a less traditional approach to the game, I think the end result is that the combat is simple because the dev's wanted to the game to be more timing than anything.

This is 100% the way I see it. I bet you all the money in the world CC2 were ;);););) scared of letting people jump on-line and just spam O,O,O,O,O,O..... and with no real way to counter it.

I much prefer this game rewards defensive play and timing and makes use of grabs. Plus I don't know if I'm alone here but I think it's amazing fighting someone when each of you are trying to do a full combo on each other but instead having a substitution war. Looks cool and is faithful to the anime.

Tevin Hyuga
10-26-2010, 01:03 PM
This is 100% the way I see it. I bet you all the money in the world CC2 were ;);););) scared of letting people jump on-line and just spam O,O,O,O,O,O..... and with no real way to counter it.

I much prefer this game rewards defensive play and timing and makes use of grabs. Plus I don't know if I'm alone here but I think it's amazing fighting someone when each of you are trying to do a full combo on each other but instead having a substitution war. Looks cool and is faithful to the anime. Are you serious? substitution wars are so annoying, and anyone who continues to entertain them are not that wise either. Just grab the opponent and win that scuffle. Simply way to do damage without wasting time. Also A person willing to go into their match mashing O are wasting their time versus an advance player. But I do agree that the fighting is faithful though. Too bad Rock lee lovers won't be able to do much since he's ALL taijustu and with the help of just 2 paperbombs...which doesn't do much anyways. lol

Sagepain
10-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Pains combos' are weirdly HARD to sub out of,
If you don't sub BEFORE he gets to the end of his up combo than your not subing out of it easily.

Also go's with chiyo, her normal OOOOO combo's is hard to sub out of and does an insane amount of damage.

Tevin Hyuga
10-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Pains combos' are weirdly HARD to sub out of,
If you don't sub BEFORE he gets to the end of his up combo than your not subing out of it easily.

Also go's with chiyo, her normal OOOOO combo's is hard to sub out of and does an insane amount of damage. True, true, I've noticed that. Character's with short combos are really good.

Sagepain
10-26-2010, 01:29 PM
yeah and chiyo's combos for some reason you can't do anything.
you cant even move lol.

Tevin Hyuga
10-26-2010, 01:43 PM
yeah and chiyo's combos for some reason you can't do anything.
you cant even move lol. Yeah especially the air combos Oooweee! lol

xxSHINOxxFTWxx
10-26-2010, 01:45 PM
...Plus I don't know if I'm alone here but I think it's amazing fighting someone when each of you are trying to do a full combo on each other but instead having a substitution war. Looks cool and is faithful to the anime.

I'm down for a substitution war... The intention is not to have a substitution war, you adjust the timing of combos or add in a throw or jutsu, but definitely not annoying. I would much rather that than only playing defense.

Tevin Hyuga
10-26-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm down for a substitution war... The intention is not to have a substitution war, you adjust the timing of combos or add in a throw or jutsu, but definitely not annoying. I would much rather that than only playing defense. Well the thing is that I don't entertain it. If I sub then you sub, I A do a justu B do a jump combo (IS WAYY EASIER TO FINISH) C grab D ultimate justu if your cool-down is horrible. But I can't really do most of those online since there's a slight lag, So I just go for the jump combo. And yeah It is WAY better than turtling so, I somewhat agree =)

Sagepain
10-26-2010, 02:26 PM
lol I hate when my opponent ends up in front of me, and were both trying to sub when none of us is attacking. so I'd rather have someone jutsu me, or grab me then make the fight boring.
really its not ALWAYS about winning, I like to have some interesting,fun, and challenging fights. :)

Tevin Hyuga
10-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Winning is all that matters!! Lol jk =D But, if you're trying to win I suggest that you do grab and justu counter Subs, much more effective

Tirr
10-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Well the thing is that I don't entertain it. If I sub then you sub, I A do a justu B do a jump combo (IS WAYY EASIER TO FINISH) C grab D ultimate justu if your cool-down is horrible. But I can't really do most of those online since there's a slight lag, So I just go for the jump combo. And yeah It is WAY better than turtling so, I somewhat agree =)

Are you talking about how you play with Neji specifically? Because all characters have different cds, timings and ranges in all areas of attack. I find with some characters I use their grab is riddiculously slow and totally unforgiving (itachi for example) Other characters grabs can be done at long range without much of a penalty (Minato).

VirtualAlex
10-26-2010, 03:30 PM
I have recently found mixing in tilt-combos to be very helpful. Most people don't seem to know about them and they don't sub them very well at all. They also happen to be short, 2-4 hits generally.

Tevin Hyuga
10-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Are you talking about how you play with Neji specifically? Because all characters have different cds, timings and ranges in all areas of attack. I find with some characters I use their grab is riddiculously slow and totally unforgiving (itachi for example) Other characters grabs can be done at long range without much of a penalty (Minato). I Play with every one the same way. But characters that I mainly use is Neji, because he's my fav. Suigetsu becouse he has easy jump combos and quick grab. Kabuto, all around and VERY good air combos. Last but not least Lars. He can slow down his hits like in the first game, and also he has good cool down for this game, can attack backwards with zeus sometimes. His Triangle Square sucks though... -.- But yeah I pretty much play with everyone the same. I like killer be too but, his cool downs are horrible because majority of his combo is double hit and his rising bomb can be substituted after you already got hit! (same goes with lars) But I will admit Bee's awakening makes up for it though.

Reyno
10-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Are you talking about how you play with Neji specifically? Because all characters have different cds, timings and ranges in all areas of attack. I find with some characters I use their grab is riddiculously slow and totally unforgiving (itachi for example) Other characters grabs can be done at long range without much of a penalty (Minato).

True, Itachi's throw is dangerous, but have you tried Ino's throw? Hers is the most unforgiving out of ALL of the characters. It leaves her defenseless for about 2 seconds... 2 whole freakin' seconds... if it misses.

Now, for those of you who have played me and seen my keep-away game you should understand why I play this way with Ino. If you read my exposition on why grabs are superior to combos (some characters are an exception, but not most) then try Ino's grab for yourself, you will understand why I cannot afford to fight at melee range. It's way too dangerous and when we get into the sub-n-grab competition, Ino is simply unable to compete. Except with Itachi, because like Tirr said the cooldown on his throw is slow, so I feel safe using her throw on him after a sub. Otherwise, I've found it to be dangerous and an incredible risk with every other character.

I don't know why the developers thought it would be a good idea or the slightest bit cool to make Ino's throw move the only one that literally makes her become a sitting duck for 2 seconds. You'd think they would have at least made it more powerful than the others...

*walks away mumbling bitterly*

Magic
10-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Most of the people "overly" complaining are the ones who don't like to try new things.

It's sooo easy to become good with several teams, so you have variety when it comes to dealing with certain characters. It's also very simple to stay away from the "dangerous", lethal" and "spamable" awakenings.

You just need to figure them out, and stop whinging.

Just saying. ;D

Tevin Hyuga
10-26-2010, 04:01 PM
True, Itachi's throw is dangerous, but have you tried Ino's throw? Hers is the most unforgiving out of ALL of the characters. It leaves her defenseless for about 2 seconds... 2 whole freakin' seconds... if it misses.

Now, for those of you who have played me and seen my keep-away game you should understand why I play this way with Ino. If you read my exposition on why grabs are superior to combos (some characters are an exception, but not most) then try Ino's grab for yourself, you will understand why I cannot afford to fight at melee range. It's way too dangerous and when we get into the sub-n-grab competition, Ino is simply unable to compete. Except with Itachi, because like Tirr said the cooldown on his throw is slow, so I feel safe using her throw on him after a sub. Otherwise, I've found it to be dangerous and an incredible risk with every other character.

I don't know why the developers thought it would be a good idea or the slightest bit cool to make Ino's throw move the only one that literally makes her become a sitting duck for 2 seconds. You'd think they would have at least made it more powerful than the others...

*walks away mumbling bitterly* Yeah I remember when we fought I think I caught you with alot of air combos because of your bad cool-down. I air comboed because regular combos are too risky.

Reyno
10-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah I remember when we fought I think I caught you with alot of air combos because of your bad cool-down. I air comboed because regular combos are too risky.

And your neji combos are unusually difficult to sub out of btw. o_0

Sagepain
10-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Chiyo is the safest character to use in the game in my opinion.
Her Normal OOOOOO Combo is VERY hard to sub, and do an insane amount of damage,
Her grab has one of the biggest range, not only because the puppet itself is the one that performs the grab but how far the puppets go after you, and lastly, Her charge weapon can be used to stagger the opponent if there not prepared to sub at ALL times, because her charge weapon is a delayed attack.

I just think Chiyo is strangely OP compared to the other 2 puppet masters in the game.
BTW Kankuro sucks IMO lol.

Tevin Hyuga
11-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Hey guys I need your help. I recently posted this exact same post on a Namco Bandai site, and I need all the people who agreed to what I was saying to post. I need you guys to post because our opinions will actually matter on an Namco Bandai site. The makers of the game could read and possibly respond to our opinions! Let's make our opinions count! So, if you're with me go to this link http://www.hokagesroom.com/forums/topic/1043/692756/ and repost your opinions! If you don't have an account I'm afraid you'll have to make one, but it'll be worth it!! So guys let's get our opinions in and in turn we could possibly see a better game in the future!! One more thing, the least I can do is give you a rep point for posting on the site so, when you make your acc please type in the same name that you have on this site please! Thank you guys for you time!!

HorizonLightss
11-01-2010, 04:58 PM
should of known this would of happened

Tevin Hyuga
11-01-2010, 05:34 PM
should of known this would of happened Well it's not my fault that I want my opinion to be heard. What's wrong with that?

HorizonLightss
11-01-2010, 05:46 PM
their not going to do anything
quit complaining about problems that people will eventually get over,storm 2 is the greatest anime game that i have ever played
storm 2 would make itachi's and sasuke's eyes bleed by itself
[not in a bad way]

Tevin Hyuga
11-01-2010, 05:54 PM
their not going to do anything
quit complaining about problems that people will eventually get over,storm 2 is the greatest anime game that i have ever played
storm 2 would make itachi's and sasuke's eyes bleed by itself
[not in a bad way] Well this is how games get better. Fans complain about the game and if it's enough people developers will sometimes change the problems. Perfect example sonic4. Fans complained about the running animation and physics so, SEGA changed it. So, with that being said there's a chance that my opinion can be heard. Oh if you think this is good, you should try Dragonball Raging Blast2. The gameplay is very good. You should try the demo.

HorizonLightss
11-01-2010, 06:25 PM
lol i have raging blast and ive played the demo for raging blast 2 and i prefer storm 2
storm 2 owns raging blast and then owns it again just because it can
and about the sonic thing
two words
sega, sonic
enough said

Tevin Hyuga
11-01-2010, 06:37 PM
lol i have raging blast and ive played the demo for raging blast 2 and i prefer storm 2
storm 2 owns raging blast and then owns it again just because it can
and about the sonic thing
two words
sega, sonic
enough said Well I guess we just have two different opinions. Oh and can you elaborate about the SEGA, sonic thing?

pathbeyondthedark
11-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Well this is how games get better. Fans complain about the game and if it's enough people developers will sometimes change the problems. Perfect example sonic4. Fans complained about the running animation and physics so, SEGA changed it. So, with that being said there's a chance that my opinion can be heard. Oh if you think this is good, you should try Dragonball Raging Blast2. The gameplay is very good. You should try the demo.

They changed Sonic after NOT changing 5-6 games previous and they became mediocre hits at best and critically panned. So yea... they had a reason to change it.

Most Naruto fans (Japan remember?) like it the way it is. It got a freakin 39/40 in Famitsu, the leading gaming magazine there and only about 20-30 games have ever gotten that high.

It won't change drastically no matter what you say, you're in the minority.

HorizonLightss
11-01-2010, 07:55 PM
theres my elaboration
agreed agreed
thank you pathbeyond

Tevin Hyuga
11-02-2010, 07:48 AM
They changed Sonic after NOT changing 5-6 games previous and they became mediocre hits at best and critically panned. So yea... they had a reason to change it.

Most Naruto fans (Japan remember?) like it the way it is. It got a freakin 39/40 in Famitsu, the leading gaming magazine there and only about 20-30 games have ever gotten that high.

It won't change drastically no matter what you say, you're in the minority. Well the website is already asking players how the online play is. This could be a possible sign that they know the online play could be bad. You're right that we're in the minority, but AT LEAST I have a chance of my post getting read on the Namco Bandai america site. I'm sure they know how great this game is and when they see my post title, I think that they could possibly read it. It's like a giant sore thumb. So, yeah this could all be in vain but it's worth a try.

Tevin Hyuga
11-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Hey guys here's another site where your opinion can better be heard
http://forums.namcobandaigames.com/showthread.php?t=9796
Please post here!

TiagoX2
11-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Hey guys here's another site where your opinion can better be heard
http://forums.namcobandaigames.com/showthread.php?t=9796
Please post here!

Better i dont post my opinion there or they would be very proud :cool:
(hmm they shouldnt cause it was CC2 who did an Awsome job :lol:)

HorizonLightss
11-02-2010, 07:41 PM
cc2 did an amazing job with storm 2 and i hope there will be a storm 3

ricky100
11-03-2010, 09:40 AM
I mostly play kirin sasuke since sasuke is my fav characters in games and anime, and kirin sasuke looks awesome, specially because of his epic ougi, then i like to use kabuto since he is not that slow like sasuke and his combos don't take alot of time, so opponent can't always substitute and akatsuki sasuke cuzz he is just awesome, even tho i like kirin better xD.

HorizonLightss
11-03-2010, 11:38 AM
kabuto is awesome, i like how he uses his summoning jutsu in his combos

Pain_man_who_became_god
11-03-2010, 01:18 PM
i also like kabuto but suigetsu is amazing! his awakening is not to be overlooked. also, takas tilt is badass! i can always catch someone with it. itachis tilt is rad too. i have so much fun playing this game its ridiculous. i love toppling spam kings, it rules. i usually play less liked chars. my favs are sakura, sai, shikki:), asuma, suigetsu, and shino. yes, shino is spam, but i dont with him unless im fighting a deidara, itachi, or sage naru, which is usually the only time i pick him anyway. hes fast with bugs and will completely shut a deidara down. its like his achilles heel

Tevin Hyuga
11-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Well I guess the final poll result is 20 that agree and 16 that disagree? I guess that means I wasn't crazy after all! Lol

Gmoney1031
02-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Hi Tevin, I really Really enjoyed this thread. I am new to naruto and since I was persuaded to give it a try I have been hooked. I watched the show up to pain invasion and I have played a few games. this one is my first ultimate ninja storm game and I was excited because I'm an xbox player and I heard so much about part one. I got my game at midnight and I couldn't wait to play my favorite character. NEJI!! Once the story was completed I couldn't wait to jump online and put some gentle fist in players chest. To my Disappointment My fighting style was very ineffective. As I tried to attack someone all they would do is stand there wait until I ran up on them cause they never attacked me. As soon as I touched them they instantly did a substatution and did an ultimate on me. No matter what I did every match was the same They run, I give chase they teleport and either grab, rasengan, or ultimate me. I got so scared to attack I just stayed back to throw kunai. team matches are worse everyone uses attack style, juggle you after a cheap throw from substatution. They once again perform an ultimate. I try to use byakugan and my awakening is very ineffective. They just hold block and bounce me back. they run an use team attacks. I never land a hit. I feel so upset about it that I actually searched google for anyone else who had these problems and when I found your post it was everything that I felt and I never even played the first one. I started an account on this site just to post on this thread. I love this game and I'm addicted to naruto but this game is bitter sweet it satisfies a fans heart but makes the ones of us who love close combat feel cheated. Thanks for posting this.