PDA

View Full Version : Multiverse: Comics vs Manga

Devil's Lawyer
10-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Which is better?

Me personaly I say manga. The stories are better and alot more consistent than Comics.

NBT
10-18-2010, 02:11 PM
I've only read one or two comics in my life,so by default I have to say manga.
In a fight,TOAA.

Lord Jiraiya
10-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Why does everyone say TOAA wins in all fights. there is a god in every manga and every comic.

TOAA = Marvel
Presence = DC
Man of Miracles = Image Comics

All manga and comics have a god.

Manga have better storylines
Comic have better characters

Devil's Lawyer
10-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Why does everyone say TOAA wins in all fights. there is a god in every manga and every comic.

TOAA = Marvel
Presence = DC
Man of Miracles = Image Comics

All manga and comics have a god.

Manga have better storylines
Comic have better characters

This sums it up. But to say better characters is iffy. I would say better powers or more like they thought of them first. Comics don't stick to their stories.

Lord Jiraiya
10-18-2010, 03:04 PM
This sums it up. But to say better characters is iffy. I would say better powers or more like they thought of them first. Comics don't stick to their stories.

the fact the comic's are released once a month, they should have enough time to think up good storylines but there sometimes dont.

Devil's Lawyer
10-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Alot of times they don't. They mess up by giving their characters god like abilities or some life changing event. Too pwerful too fight to f-ed up to be a hero.

zebrakiller
10-18-2010, 03:31 PM
if u look at different comic story arcs as stand alone, they're way better than manga imo. its the retcons and inconsistencies between writers that messes things up...

Dream destroyer
10-18-2010, 03:33 PM
I say manga 'cause i personally think manga is much better than comics.

321zigzag3
10-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Too many comic writers causing convenient inconsistencies and too many heroes to too many rehashing and remakes and etc etc. http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/p0lar_bear/emotes/emot-hawesome.gif

Kibafan1
10-18-2010, 03:44 PM
manga! o.o

Devil's Lawyer
10-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Too many comic writers causing convenient inconsistencies and too many heroes to too many rehashing and remakes and etc etc. http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/p0lar_bear/emotes/emot-hawesome.gif

Once again undeniable truth. F up on a story create a new comic. That gets old.

321zigzag3
10-18-2010, 03:50 PM
But comics at its best were very good as well. Its just they have that money making to keep up or else they have nothing.

Devil's Lawyer
10-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Some comics are still good mainly their arcs not the series in general.

321zigzag3
10-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Then there was Image Comics. They were mainly those who had a fall out with especially with Marvel in the past.

Devil's Lawyer
10-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Never really read them or have and just didn't know that.

UltimatePuppetMaster48
10-18-2010, 04:05 PM
I say manga 'cause i personally think manga is much better than comics.i agree mangas much better

-Dattebayo-
10-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Manga b1tchslaps comics. o.o
The very new comic books smell weird.
`:P

Pain_man_who_became_god
10-18-2010, 04:09 PM
there is discernible differences in both. id have to say neither as they are different forms of entertainment to me. i love both equally. i grew up on comics and discovered manga later. both are awesome!!!

fav comic-deadpool
fav manga-naruto

Nyruss
10-18-2010, 04:47 PM
By and large comics are better than manga.

Watchmen > Naruto in literally every conceivable way. And in several ways inconceivable as well.

Devil's Lawyer
10-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Watchmen heck no. The art sucked the story line was decent but it went over alot of people heads. They would all get uber stomped by Narutoverse. I also have to say manga has better fights than comics.

321zigzag3
10-18-2010, 06:15 PM

Watchmen > Naruto in literally every conceivable way. And in several ways inconceivable as well.

Watchmen was a great series. Did you like the movie though?

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
10-18-2010, 06:19 PM
I read a little comics when I was younger. And I read the Left4Dead comic online, i think it was the second one....
But I'd say manga is better~!

Nyruss
10-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Watchmen heck no. The art sucked the story line was decent but it went over alot of people heads. They would all get uber stomped by Narutoverse. I also have to say manga has better fights than comics.

Now I'm convinced that you're not a retard, because no one is that stupid. You're just a troll. Which means you're probably RealNinja.

Watchmen was a great series. Did you like the movie though?

Yes.

Vatanui AKA Pride
10-18-2010, 07:47 PM

Why in the world are you comparing a great comic with a crappy manga? Heck, at least compare it to manga like Bastard!!, Hellsing, One Piece, etc.

Nyruss
10-18-2010, 07:49 PM
It was just the first manga that came to mind.

THE X UCHIHA
10-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Comics are definitely the best.
but don't you think that Manga became more popular , especially in the U.S ?

TheTrueMasterofIllusions
10-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Comics like Calvin and Hobs....not like batman....
I like Manga more though cause it keeps you hooked...

Vatanui AKA Pride
10-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Comics are definitely the best.
but don't you think that Manga became more popular , especially in the U.S ?

Unfortunately, no. Manga in the US are commonly mistaken by adults to be comics for kids or teenagers. Comics meanwhile is an old era American tradition like baseball and all, and had inspired even adaptation full-length featured films that made millions of USD.

THE X UCHIHA
10-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Unfortunately, no. Manga in the US are commonly mistaken by adults to be comics for kids or teenagers. Comics meanwhile is an old era American tradition like baseball and all, and had inspired even adaptation full-length featured films that made millions of USD.

you're right, but I just feel that comics became an old fashion , especially to the kids and Teenagers.

Comics like Batman , Ninja Turtles ... etc. are legends but kids ,Teenagers and even adults prefer Manga like Naruto,One Peace and Bleach to Comics like Batman .. etc.

I agree w/u : Comics films made millions of USD.
but now the japanese Manga are in the picture and the existence of Viz Media as a U.S publisher is the best example on what I'm talking about.

and this doesn't make me feel happy , 'cuz Comics reminds me in those days when I was Kid.:(

Devil's Lawyer
10-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Now I'm convinced that you're not a retard, because no one is that stupid. You're just a troll. Which means you're probably RealNinja.

Yes.

How can you call me a troll just because I don't like the book. I admit I didn't read all them but from what I saw it wasn't that impressive. It was alright to me.

GenoFury666
10-18-2010, 09:10 PM
like some1 else posted, I find comics & manga as equal forms of reading.

Akatsuki X
10-18-2010, 09:38 PM
It all depends on the Comics and the Mangas.

I generally prefer Comics like Deadpool, GhostRider, Spawn, etc.

But there are some really good Manga's like Bastard!, Zatch Bell, Hellsing, etc.