PDA

View Full Version : A proposition

Bacon
10-10-2010, 02:39 AM
So you hear how people claiming how their character's basic configuration may revolve around speed? Or you may hear how a player might revolve their power around the manipulation of spirit energy or destructive power. You may have conflicts with gauging how strong an espada's hierro is or how strong a kido casted by a soul repaer is. Well this is my attempt at using Vat's basic idea of Character types and adding one stipulation to all fights.

Name:
Character type:
Player A: Tank
Player 2:Speed

keep in mind that this is a suggestion that I have not truly planned out,but I figure if the community wants to do this then starting a conversation to amend this irritant will get started.

Speed:
You may here people saying how they can attack faster than you or how they can move faster because they state this in role play fashion. So here is what a speed character is suppose to be able to accomplish. These characters have an unusally high penetration with their zanpaktou and other cleaving attacks. Thier naturally ability to manipulate spirit energy allows arrancar unleash cero faster or it may soul reapers to unleash a kido spell unusually fast. A speed character's ability to manipulate spirit energy allows them to utilize an unparalleled amount of attacks and variations of other attacks which may include mixing kido and what not. This also includes a proficient penetration power of the zanpaktou.

However, Speed types are rather weak against barrages since speed doesn't guarantee dexterity; especially in drawn out fights. Speed characters also lack the ability to overcome attacks directly since their spirt energy is low, thus they needed use their spirit energy more effectively by necessity.

Tank:

The Tank is called a tank since tanks of the modern battlefield have been known to suffer untold amounts of punishments. Being tossed into the fray,they take the most dangerous missions and have an easier time dispatching with smaller scaled attacks. The tank often finds themselves struggling against more nimble fighters; thus they train to intensify their reaction speed and durability. A soul reaper's field of spirit energy may allow them to repel a cero by swing their blade coursing with diverted energy. While an arrancar may use their plain hierro to deflect certain attacks by focusing spirit energy to bolster the afflicted area. A tank specializes in extra effects such as capturing people, drowning them, burning or poisoning them. These fighters special in bakudo if they are soul reapers or using their body's sized and hierro as a weapon as a vasto lorde.

The bad thing is the fact that tanks lack speed or striking power. they need to inflict many hits to do sufficient harm to their opposition. What's more is the fact that Tanks need to be especially careful of piercing attacks since a concentrated attack has greater penetration power.

Power:

Perhaps the most reckless of the classes. these fighters rely on brute power and endurance to withstand their opponent's onslaught. While they boast the greatest area of effect attacks, they lack the penetrating powers of a speed type or the accumulative effects of a tank. What power types do is use large barrages and zakjutsu to cleave their opponent's apart. While they can engage in long range combat,they truly shine in close range damage by inflicting zanpaktou shattering, blunt trauma that is accompanied by explosive attacks. Soul reapers utilize hado the best, while arrancars use explosive oscuras cero,hakudo and a slightly bolstered hierro.

The downfall is the fact that power types don't possess long range attacks;thus they are always in some of the most dire straits. They have relatively average stats as a whole and the least variation among the classes.

Some things I would like to discuss is maybe an extra incentive to be a speed character by granting one assured dodge per fight or one assured defense for a tank in a fight.

I would like records to be kept for officially tempted.

At the very least, I would like to use these or something of their caliber to keep people from saying how they are speed orientated,but they have the power of a tank. In essence, I just want to give people's characters more meaning and maybe add a level of depth to freeversing. The only problem is the fact that this may cause additional headaches. `|(

Vatanui AKA Pride
10-10-2010, 09:41 AM
You are downplaying the Power/Tank type character. Honestly, I have no idea what makes my idea so bad, with the Tank type being the Paper, the speed the pair of Scissors, and the Attack as a Rock. Each character has their ups and downs which make it more balanced, in play of your characters where Speed isn't even focused on speed, Power only has short-range attacks, and a Tank is losing in both.

Bacon
10-10-2010, 09:59 AM
The only thing I omitted intentionally was mach speeds. It was a spur of the moment proposition.

Vatanui AKA Pride
10-10-2010, 10:04 AM
How about countering my post now? You've made Speed Types the 'Speediest-At-Energy-Attacks' type when they're already made crappy for it by you, made the Power Types useless in long range, and the Tanking types suck in the other two categories.

Bacon
10-10-2010, 10:19 AM
I wasn't countering anything. 2 separate convos is enough.