PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm: Ultimate ninja storm 2's heath bars

HachibiXSenpai
10-02-2010, 11:05 AM
don't you guys think that cc2 removing a health bar on uns2 makes the battles last too quick? i liked it much better in storm 1 where you have enough time to battle your opponent with 3 health bars to make the gameplay more longer and better. in storm 2 it only last's like a minute or a couple seconds depending on how good or bad the player is. what are your impression's with the removal?

Parak111
10-02-2010, 11:14 AM
I agree with you. This makes fights a lot more shorter. Then again, the removal of the long ougis made people...happy, but in reality fights are going to end even faster now as they're shroter.

So the lack of a bar makes the match end EVEN faster. I have no idea why in the world they decided to remove it. I don't approve of this personally.:roll:

deidara#1
10-02-2010, 12:13 PM
I think it would have been better to even have 4 health bars the longer the fight the better and when you win something that didn't just take 2 minutes it feels like it was worth more. At the very least they should have kept the 3 life bars.

This is one of the only two things I don't like.

HachibiXSenpai
10-02-2010, 12:24 PM
exactly!! people say that 2 bars isn't a big deal because of low damage, but i'm not buying into that crap theory. plus even people can spam the short ougi's which ends the battle too quickly. the clash of ninja series never encountered that sort of problem but right now with storm 2....i just can see how awesome developers like cc2 could pass development with leaving 2 bars instead of 3 or 4!!! it really makes me rather dissapointed currently with the game kinda. the only way to ease the problem is if cc2 managed to put handicaps on storm 2 to blance out the gameplay more

Mangekyou Sasuke
10-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Well, in Storm 1 the ougis took out a health bar (Or a little more). This time the Stom 2 ougis only take out like half or a little less or a little more. So I think it's about the same. Just a smidge shorter. But yes...I wish we still had three bars.

HachibiXSenpai
10-02-2010, 12:32 PM
indeed, but taking out half a health bar is worser which means either players has the upper hand to finish the battle too quickly

KarasuKumo
10-02-2010, 01:17 PM
I think they should be customizable, that wouldn't be hard to do.

deidara#1
10-02-2010, 01:26 PM
I think they should be customizable, that wouldn't be hard to do.

Yeah its just like customizing the amount of time in a sports game, every game has it.

The six paths of pein
10-02-2010, 05:53 PM
delete

One-Tailed Shukaku
10-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Hachibi go back to NS discussion forum or you'll contaminate this section with off-topic junk too and we already had this convo in PMs 2 months ago AND on PSN

Oraito
10-02-2010, 10:24 PM
They definitely had their reasons.
I'm not happy with this either, but that's how it is. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there's an option to increase the amount of health bars.

The only thing we can do to make the battles last longer is crank up the Handicap to the opponent's favor and if battling against the CPU, crank up the difficulty as well.

If you're a good player, fights should last a bit longer than a minute and a half, I believe.

I can think of one reason that led to this decision.
If you think about it, the fights are shorter enough to make them more intense, more dangerous.

You have to be at least 3 times more aware than you were in Storm 1.
Ougis like Rasenshuriken can literally eat up a whole health bar.

That means the battles are harder, and more challenging.

Wind Style Naruto
10-02-2010, 10:36 PM
As for gameplay videos have showned an normal fight in Storm 2 lasts from 2-4 minutes. They may have dropped the Life bar from 3 to 2 but the life bars length seems longer in Storm 2 and with the ougis being not so ultimate and less damaging from Storm 1, I guess it pretty much balance itself out. With all of the new features that make battling more fluid and flexible it could make fights last longer like using your own support character as a meat shield to block jutsus and attacks and even take the dive for you when hit by an ougi.

Raiton:Gian_Kakuzu
10-02-2010, 10:42 PM
The health bar system is kinda dumb especially in the demo but it will do when you have to fight against Pein And Itachi won't it ?

Oraito
10-02-2010, 11:36 PM
As for gameplay videos have showned an normal fight in Storm 2 lasts from 2-4 minutes. They may have dropped the Life bar from 3 to 2 but the life bars length seems longer in Storm 2 and with the ougis being not so ultimate and less damaging from Storm 1, I guess it pretty much balance itself out. With all of the new features that make battling more fluid and flexible it could make fights last longer like using your own support character as a meat shield to block jutsus and attacks and even take the dive for you when hit by an ougi.
Which fights have you been watching?...

Normal fights in Storm 2 last a minute and a half at best.

The six paths of pein
10-03-2010, 01:36 AM
all fights will be 33% shorter. i remember on the 1st storm me and my friends banned the ultimate jutsu because it was to strong so we might just ban it again just to really see your skill

lolohwd
10-03-2010, 01:37 AM
i really dont mind it bein one shorter. im happy if its 2 or 4 minutes

Oraito
10-03-2010, 01:41 AM
all fights will be 33% shorter. i remember on the 1st storm me and my friends banned the ultimate jutsu because it was to strong so we might just ban it again just to really see your skill
That's actually pretty fun.

Not using ultimates, technically makes the fights longer.
In Storm 1 I never used an ultimate in mid battle. Only used it once a battle as a finisher, if anything.

I'll probably do the same in Storm 2.

The six paths of pein
10-03-2010, 01:46 AM
That's actually pretty fun.

Not using ultimates, technically makes the fights longer.
In Storm 1 I never used an ultimate in mid battle. Only used it once a battle as a finisher, if anything.

I'll probably do the same in Storm 2.

yea it really makes the game funner just because theres more skill involved....

HachibiXSenpai
10-03-2010, 07:02 AM

were did you find a 2-4 minute gameplay video of it?

Wind Style Naruto
10-03-2010, 03:13 PM
were did you find a 2-4 minute gameplay video of it?

This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGvkAmO1GUQ

This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhiR16b86DM&feature=related

And this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vOK7yp1KD8&feature=related

08thomas
10-03-2010, 04:28 PM
I like the short health bar

Sagepain
10-03-2010, 05:33 PM
there is no difference to me, there are only 2 health bars, but attacks do less damage in this game.

The six paths of pein
10-04-2010, 01:27 AM
so i still feel like we need way more health just because the more health you have the longer the fight and it would be a way harder and better come back for the people that get beat up in the start of battle have time to come back

Oraito
10-04-2010, 01:56 AM
Just for everyone's information.

Oodama Rasengan Jutsu kills a bit over 2/3 of one health bar.
Rasenshuriken Ultimate kills an entire health bar.

So... yeah, think about it this way.
Storm 2's damage hasn't been decreased... if anything it was increased due to the new crazy Jutsus.

Art-Is-Bang
10-04-2010, 02:33 AM
Actually Rasenshuriken does around 2/3 of one health bar.

Oraito
10-04-2010, 04:11 AM
Actually Rasenshuriken does around 2/3 of one health bar.
Umm you're right. It seems like Rasenshuriken and Oodama Rasengan do the exact same damage.

I would be happier if they reduced the damage on the Oodama Rasengan though. Perhaps they did...

But this means that with 2 Rasenshurikens you can definitely own a battle... which is a bad thing.

Luckily, those attacks can be easily dodged.

HachibiXSenpai
10-04-2010, 04:08 PM
yeah, i'm too worried on how long online gameplay. cause if it's short then that would be a mojor dissapoinment with adding online to UNS2

narulvr
10-04-2010, 05:53 PM
im pretty suer it can be changed in the handicaps section cuz in all the ultimate ninjas u can change how much damage u do so im hoping u can set how many health bars u want to battle with, besides saying its only 2 bars is a geuss since the game isnt out yet so no1 realy knows 4sure

Oraito
10-04-2010, 11:35 PM
im pretty suer it can be changed in the handicaps section cuz in all the ultimate ninjas u can change how much damage u do so im hoping u can set how many health bars u want to battle with, besides saying its only 2 bars is a geuss since the game isnt out yet so no1 realy knows 4sure
Doubtful since we've seen the battle menu and it seems exactly the same as before.

Setting time
Setting difficulty
Setting handicap

Those are the only options we know of.

Handicap does help in making the fight longer, but when we're talking about Online battles, not everyone would want to use Handicaps since it gives an advantage to one side only.

I'd personally love to give Handicap to my opponents, but not everyone are like me. ;P

Wind Style Naruto
10-05-2010, 01:30 AM
Im in it to win it. I dont if the health bar is short or long its still better than the Clash of Ninja and past Ultimate Ninja series.

Oraito
10-05-2010, 01:35 AM
Some things are more important than winning... but I guess that's just my perspective.
To each his own. ;P

Wind Style Naruto
10-05-2010, 02:03 AM
Yeah I know its all about the thrill of the battle. However would'nt decreasing the health bar further that notion.

Think about it: If my health bar was lower than before I might wanna be careful when fighting my opponent. I dont just wanna just rush in there firing off my jutsus and aiming for combos, I might wanna find an better approach to reach my opponent by usin the craetivity of my weapons, jutsus, and myself. Also, I gotta watch out for my opponent as well and gotta find ways to counter them. Also, if lost my chakra I might wanna gain distance between my opponent to charge it back up. It makes the game more realistic to the anime/manga with believable not so over exaggerated ougis and less health making an character's stamina believable to the anime/manga because in NARUTO an character cant still stand up after receiving that much damage(unless if they're Naruto or Orochimaru).

Thats juts my perspective on it.

Oraito
10-05-2010, 05:13 AM
That would have been true if you had 2 health bars, and you opponent has 3. ;P

But in this case, it's perfectly equal. Both players get 2 health bars.
Strategy remains the same...

The only difference is that the battle will be shorter.
It will end sooner, especially if both players base their attacks on Ougis and Jutsus.

In that case, fights will last 1 minute tops.

The six paths of pein
10-05-2010, 07:31 AM
we will just have to ban the ultimate jutsu thats all if you want to see who has more skill... thats how i use to play on the 1st storm

Oraito
10-05-2010, 07:53 AM
we will just have to ban the ultimate jutsu thats all if you want to see who has more skill... thats how i use to play on the 1st storm
Well, not everyone will agree to that Online.

But I like the idea of banning Ougis.

I like straight forward fights!
No supports, no Ougis.

Just hand-to-hand combat, weapons and Jutsus. Of course, without abusing them to death. That will definitely make fights last longer.

Awakenings are also good in my book. ^_^

HachibiXSenpai
10-05-2010, 05:07 PM
yeah, awakenings look cool too. but wouldn't they make the battle last even more shorter than ougi's?

Wind Style Naruto
10-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Well, not everyone will agree to that Online.

But I like the idea of banning Ougis.

I like straight forward fights!
No supports, no Ougis.

Just hand-to-hand combat, weapons and Jutsus. Of course, without abusing them to death. That will definitely make fights last longer.

Awakenings are also good in my book. ^_^

Its been proven possible that you can cancel the support character feature in a gameplay where it shows Naruto VS Gaara without any supports.

Oraito
10-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Its been proven possible that you can cancel the support character feature in a gameplay where it shows Naruto VS Gaara without any supports.
I know, but not everyone will agree to that condition online, is what I'm saying.

Unless you battle against a friend you know...

yeah, awakenings look cool too. but wouldn't they make the battle last even more shorter than ougi's?

Well, possibly yes.
But since there are terms for the Awakenings, it's not as bad.

You need to lose 70% of your HP to awaken.

HachibiXSenpai
10-06-2010, 01:00 PM

that seems okay i guess

btw has anyone confirmed about handicaps in uns2?

Kersin
10-06-2010, 04:20 PM
yea i dont like the fact that its only 2 health bars hopefully we can change that in battle settings tho i hope!

HachibiXSenpai
10-06-2010, 07:22 PM
yeah, i pray that handicap will be used....

deidara#1
10-06-2010, 08:09 PM
I don't think it can be you can do 2 vs 3 I think but not 1 vs 3.

HachibiXSenpai
10-07-2010, 03:57 PM
.....what do you mean?

deidara#1
10-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Their is team battles and single battles their can't be a 1 vs 3 battle in the vs mode at least from what it looks like.

HachibiXSenpai
10-07-2010, 04:27 PM
oh....well that dosen't sound so bad :P

HachibiXSenpai
10-07-2010, 06:08 PM
yes!!!!! i found out they have handicap!!! now the health bar issue is saved!!! ^-^

KesshiStorm2
11-07-2010, 01:48 PM
The fights in storm 2 last longer than storm 1, atleast when I play it. In storm 1 just using 2 ultimate jutsus would win the match for you. Also in Storm 2 the battles are prolonged by the awakening modes because this time around the awakenings seem much more powerful