PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it frusterating when they don't dub an anime series after a certain point?

katsu uchiha
09-07-2010, 12:43 PM
For example, Sailor Moon, after the arc with Helios/Pegaseus they stopped dubbing it into english and the rest of the series went undubbed. Same with Yugioh 5Ds, they stopped dubbing after the Dark Signers arc ended. Is there a problem with the industry or something? Why do you think they stop dubbing a series after a certain point and try to name another series that hasn't been namd where the rest of the series after a certain point wnet undubbed.

Bacon
09-07-2010, 12:45 PM
10 years ago, it would have been a pain. I depended on KidsWb to watch Pokemon and Sailor moon. xD Now, I could care less since Japanese Voice acting is much better better than English dubbed acting.

HinataBG
09-07-2010, 12:47 PM
That is annoying... But I guess they just ran low on income or something and couldn't do it, or maybe they were that popular earlier. Sorry if I'm wrong, but I really don't know if they were popular or not!!`~(

Taker369
09-07-2010, 01:28 PM
For example, Sailor Moon, after the arc with Helios/Pegaseus they stopped dubbing it into english and the rest of the series went undubbed. Same with Yugioh 5Ds, they stopped dubbing after the Dark Signers arc ended. Is there a problem with the industry or something? Why do you think they stop dubbing a series after a certain point and try to name another series that hasn't been namd where the rest of the series after a certain point wnet undubbed.

5Ds stopped being dubbed did they even finish the dark signers arc ?

katsu uchiha
09-07-2010, 03:37 PM
5Ds stopped being dubbed did they even finish the dark signers arc ?
yes...

Taker369
09-07-2010, 07:14 PM
you have to understand somthing maybe it they didnt have enough funding to dub the rest of it since its ownd by 4kids if it were dubbed by viz or funimation then there would be dvds of it and then they would probally sell alot as for 4kids they dont put there animes on dvd for some reason

S-dOg21
09-13-2010, 03:40 AM
ZATCH BELL!!!!!!!!
The dub was awesome, and the had to stop it at ep 104. T_T just when it was getting near the final arc. And I Refuse to watch it subbed.

Kimimaro Kaguya
09-13-2010, 03:56 AM
i stopped watching cause it was boring ._.
http://www.deviantart.com/download/101177765/Stardust_Dragon_Desktop_by_revolutionX1600.jpg My Baby ^^

kakashirox
09-13-2010, 04:04 AM
you relise that the 3rd season of 5ds is coming out in a couple of weeks in english right same with the 4th yu gi oh gx and the last episode of season 3 from gx oh and season 3 of 5ds only started like mid last year and they wouldve eventually kept up with the dubs and it would and who knos they couldve caught up in the english dub now if they continued

Rasengan SageX5
09-14-2010, 01:38 PM
I have this happen to 3 of my favorite animes:Inuyasha,One Piece,and Yu-gi-oh GX. I was so pissed because I wanted to know how those shows end,without having to read sub-titles.

junchurikioftheleaf
09-14-2010, 01:40 PM
i hate it when they stop making it anime alltogether like with kekkaishi they stopped after the first arc yet theirs like 200 more manga chapters afterwards

kakashirox
09-15-2010, 01:44 AM
same thing happened with soul eater but they have a point because after episode 35 it was all fillers they should atleast do a what if type of thing

Rei-chan
11-21-2010, 03:40 AM
At least they're back to dubbing 5D's. 4Kids never even bothered to dub the last episode of Yuugiou GX's third season. We never even got to see the fourth season.

Thank goodness for the wonderful subtitles~

Klaimore/naruto
11-21-2010, 03:41 AM
I don't think it's the slightest annoying since I only watch anime series in japanese.

Akatsuki Gord
11-21-2010, 07:13 AM
they stopped dubbing d.gray man after 51 episodes, that's annoying. I need to start watching the rest in japanese!

Dio Brando
11-21-2010, 07:36 AM
Just download the subbed version.

MysticGoten
11-21-2010, 03:23 PM
I usually just watch the Japanese version, so I don't care.

It's not always a bad thing. I don't know about you guys, but I wept with joy when I heard 4kids stopped doin One Piece. :P

Sheelah
11-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Actually I heard years ago that one of the reasons they stop dubbing a series is if it's not as popular in that country. I thought it was silly myself, since some of the series they stop, mid-season and leave you hanging. If you only watch the English version they may never pick it back up again. Thank goodness for Japanese subbed. :)

chiku-chan
12-04-2010, 08:38 PM
i dont like watching the dubed episodes i always watch it in japanese there voices just sound better.

Reala
12-08-2010, 01:00 PM
they stopped dubbing d.gray man after 51 episodes, that's annoying. I need to start watching the rest in japanese!

I know >.<""" Extremely annoying as they've split the first series into two different seasons and most of the 1st series is filler anyway. I just ended up watching subs, but it woul dbe nice dubbed, even if the dub isn't the greatest, i do prefer watching something in my own language.

Even more annoying that they stopped making the anime altogether, i hope they make a third season, they left it open enough and there should be enough chapters now to make another 50 or so episodes, cause there's the Moving in the storm arc, the Timothy Arc and the Mystery of Kanda arc, and if they couldn't fit it into another 50 episode series they could always come up with some random filler.

but when i'm watching anime i do like to doodle or do something at the same time -.-"

What if the series didn't get popular until a year or so later after they'd stopped? what would they do then?