PDA

View Full Version : A look back: Sakura Haruno

animelover
08-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Remember when we were introduced to Sakura Haruno? She was known as the "smartest girl in the acadamy" and of course, she had a "big forehead".However in the series it looks like she wasn't true to her discription. Sure, she hinted to some genjutsu tricks:

For example: When the team 7 genins walked in the acadamy hallways for the chunin exams and some other students had tried to trick the genins by making a trick that they were on the wrong floor. Sasuke was the one to point it out though, and asked Sakura if she also had seen the illusion, which she agreed to and Naruto was of course didn't even notice.

But now she is seen more as the "Healer with the iron fists" thanks to her training with Tsunade. Yet she hasn't been shown casting any genjutsus and she has more then side-stepped out of the spotlight.

I believe being a healer is a great source of showing her smarts but when trying to do stratgeties she only had that fight with Sasori and had to know a way to not get hit, while trying to beat him within the time limit of her posiening so she wouldn't die, but she mainly achived that by the help of Chiyo.

Sure Sakura has gotten a bad rep, because she doesn't do much "action" and her emotions make her confused about her first crush Sasuke and her now admired team member Naruto. I believe shes a great character because shes real.

How do you think another female character of the show would deal with the problems? Being torn between the past, her dreams to support/surpass her team mates that are already highly, highly more advanced. And knowing that her old friends, Naruto and Sasuke might kill each other in battle. Tell me your thoughts.

*** maya doray ***
08-29-2010, 09:15 PM
mmmm ,.. i think that i'm going with hinata , she really know that naruto will fight with sasuke and she never forget him at all..:)

oh and nice work on to *a look back : sakura haruno*`:)

<..............................>

THE KINGDOM OF RINNEGAN
VILLAGE :

*the highest anbu leader*

Taker369
08-29-2010, 10:21 PM
sakura is a bad character in my eyes i like her but yet i hate her she always hogs the screeb time from other females and yet she is intresting she annoys me alot she just had to be kishis faveorite female to power up while alot of the other females didnt get a thing i,ll give her credit with her med skills but the strength thing is the only reason i see she has a fan base

lolohwd
08-29-2010, 10:26 PM
sakura better do something soon or shes just going to be like ino and ten ten

Taker369
08-29-2010, 10:30 PM
sakura better do something soon or shes just going to be like ino and ten ten

1rst of all ino isnt useless she hasnt had any major screen time as for ten ten i dont see how she is weak compared to sakura :|

lolohwd
08-29-2010, 10:37 PM
i meant the screen time. or true relativity to the current arc/story

Narutorious
08-29-2010, 10:41 PM
I love your depth on Sakura's character. People attack her character too much such as saying "she cries too much" compare to the other girls, but the fact is Temari, Ino, Tenten, & Hinata are not in the same situation at all as Sakura, their teams are just fine. It is also easier to attack Sakura since she always have screentime, which it annoys me how people say that the other girls such get some of Sakura's screentime, which is silly:

Sakura = leading female
Temari, Ino, Tenten, & Hinata = side characters

lolohwd
08-29-2010, 10:42 PM
lol super side stories.

sakura leaves naruto and sasuke alone

and leads hinata ino and ten ten on rank a dangerous missions to take out people. cause they are awesome

Narutorious
08-29-2010, 10:49 PM
I'll say if you wanna see Temari, Tenten, Ino, & Hinata have a good role, watch the fillers, that's the only way it's going to happen. It's not even just the girls, it's everyone around Naruto's age, they always complaining about how they want to see Gaara, Neji, etc., but reality is you're not going to see them all the time, don't people realise by now that people like Neji, Gaara, & Lee were just to make Naruto & Sasuke look better, like they do now, same could be said for Ino towards Sakura, Ino was for the most part stronger than Sakura in part 1, but now she can't even compare to Sakura when it comes to battle. That's the reality of side characters.

Taker369
08-29-2010, 10:52 PM
I'll say if you wanna see Temari, Tenten, Ino, & Hinata have a good role, watch the fillers, that's the only way it's going to happen. It's not even just the girls, it's everyone around Naruto's age, they always complaining about how they want to see Gaara, Neji, etc., but reality is you're not going to see them all the time, don't people realise by now that people like Neji, Gaara, & Lee were just to make Naruto & Sasuke look better, like they do now, same could be said for Ino towards Sakura, Ino was for the most part stronger than Sakura in part 1, but now she can't even compare to Sakura when it comes to battle. That's the reality of side characters.

yet because of ino a side character sakura got noticed and started to become who she was today ad without ino a side character she would have never met sasuke or naruto .

Narutorious
08-29-2010, 10:58 PM
yet because of ino a side character sakura got noticed and started to become who she was today ad without ino a side character she would have never met sasuke or naruto .

And w/o Lee(a side character), Naruto, Sasuke & Sakura would had been killed by the Genin Sound Ninjas, w/o Lee(a side character), Sasuke wouldn't had even made it to the finals. Side Characters have their roles too, but what they doing now? Nothing, that's my point.

Abel Uchiha
08-30-2010, 01:13 PM
I bet Sakura dies for Sasuke in the end...

Narutorious
08-31-2010, 10:57 AM
^I can assure you that isn't happening...maybe for Naruto, but I doubt that too.

Taker369
08-31-2010, 11:00 AM
if sakura does die it has to be from either madara, kabuto or even orchimaru.

Kunoichi
08-31-2010, 12:16 PM
How do you think another female character of the show would deal with the problems? Being torn between the past, her dreams to support/surpass her team mates that are already highly, highly more advanced. And knowing that her old friends, Naruto and Sasuke might kill each other in battle. Tell me your thoughts.

Hinata would cry,
Tenten would die,
Tenmari might get a black eye (but she'd mostly be ok)
and Ino would be about as useful as a fruit fly.

Red
08-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Have we even seen Sakura use Genjutsu yet?