PDA

View Full Version : Ace Attorney

Miles Edgeworth
08-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Wow, I'm surprised there aren't any threads about this. Or maybe they are but they're ancient. Too lazy to check.

Anyway, who else plays the games in this series?

I've played all of the Phoenix Wright games and Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, but I haven't touched Apollo Justice yet. I'll get it eventually but I heard it wasn't as good.

I have a lot of the music on my iPod, really good tracks.

I'll post some of my favorite tracks, one from each game:

Pursuit ~ Cornered Variation (Phoenix Wright): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPJQT-Fuiu0

Confess the Truth 2002 (Justice for All): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k70--ZllmBo

Godot ~ The Fragrance of Dark Coffee (Trials and Tribulations): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcyKEZtWuE

Confrontation ~ Presto (Miles Edgeworth): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dorU0Rpmr7E

And yeah, I know the video calls the second one "Announce the Truth", but Confess the Truth sounds better. Why people refer to those tracks with so many names (Confess, Announce, Inform, Tell, etc.) I have no clue.

So yeah....discuss.

Looney-Lyra
08-27-2010, 10:11 PM
I played about half of the first one... But I got really tired of getting stuck all the time, so I quit. Guess I'm not smart enough to be an attorney. :lol:

Miles Edgeworth
08-27-2010, 10:23 PM
You could look online for help. Considering the style of gameplay with Phoenix Wright, all you have to do is find what you need to choose and it's pretty much done, it's not like games where you have to be extremely skilled and experienced to accomplish, basically if you have an answer you have it won.

That's one thing that bothers me about Ace Attorney though. Sometimes I get stuck and have a lot of trouble, but I find the answers online and I facepalm for missing something obvious and feel like it was just too easy finding the option to choose.

It's still a great series though.

Vocaloid
08-29-2010, 06:12 PM
I have Trials & Tribulations and Apollo Justice, but I haven't beaten either. I keep getting stuck and I'm apparently on the last case on T&T :mad:

I actually thought T&T was the first so that's why I got it, but then I looked and realized it's #3. But the games are fun and funny, and I like some of the references to memes and such ("Well, EXCUUUUUSE ME, Princess!" And a "THIS. IS. SPARTA!" reference). But when I present evidence, I usually get it wrong and even after presenting everything nothing works until about the literal 4th time presenting something and it gets annoying fast, so I usually put the games down for a few months before trying again. I usually get by the part I'm stuck at..before I get stuck again.

Kuromaki
08-30-2010, 01:55 AM
I've played all three of the Phoenix Wright games and I'm stuck on the 2nd case of Apollo Justice. No intentions of finishing AJ because I don't like it. At all. I haven't played Miles Edgeworth, how is it?

On another note, Franziska is my favorite character. Other than the obvious, who do you like?

Miles Edgeworth
09-03-2010, 06:42 PM
I have Trials & Tribulations and Apollo Justice, but I haven't beaten either. I keep getting stuck and I'm apparently on the last case on T&T :mad:

I actually thought T&T was the first so that's why I got it, but then I looked and realized it's #3. But the games are fun and funny, and I like some of the references to memes and such ("Well, EXCUUUUUSE ME, Princess!" And a "THIS. IS. SPARTA!" reference). But when I present evidence, I usually get it wrong and even after presenting everything nothing works until about the literal 4th time presenting something and it gets annoying fast, so I usually put the games down for a few months before trying again. I usually get by the part I'm stuck at..before I get stuck again.

The last case on T&T is pretty interesting, you should get around to finishing it sometime.

I thought those references were pretty amusing myself, I remember those.

Well Phoenix Wright games are easy to find help for, if you get stuck you can easily find what you're supposed to do and it's pretty straightforward.

I've played all three of the Phoenix Wright games and I'm stuck on the 2nd case of Apollo Justice. No intentions of finishing AJ because I don't like it. At all. I haven't played Miles Edgeworth, how is it?

On another note, Franziska is my favorite character. Other than the obvious, who do you like?

Miles Edgeworth was my favorite personally, maybe it's because Edgeworth's the main character but honestly I thought it was a good game, my favorite music comes from Edgeworth and it has a lot of interesting characters. The way you were allowed to investigate in Edgeworth as opposed to the Phoenix Wright games was really interesting, and nothing's better than using logic.

Godot's one of my favorite characters, he's the reason I started liking coffee actually. The scenes where he throws coffee at Phoenix are priceless. I also like Shi-Long Lang and Tyrell Badd from Edgeworth, Lang is an Interpol agent with a high arrest rate and serves as Edgeworth's main rival, while Badd is the main detective for the cases involving a famous thief called the Yatagarasu.

junchurikioftheleaf
09-03-2010, 06:46 PM
http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/Image/phoenix_wright_objection.jpg

naaaah i kid btu seriously i have not played them cuz frankly i never have money for new games and such and havent seen any of them around

Miles Edgeworth
09-03-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm pretty sure the Phoenix Wright games are under $20.

IIRC Edgeworth was like $30.

Yellow Flash
09-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Bad game is bad. >_>