PDA

View Full Version : WARNING!! SPOILER: Itachi's Gift Theory

Magic
08-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Don't Post Unless You Have Read It Please...

Well after doing some thinking and Japanese research, I came up with a theory and probably the truth to Itachi and Naruto.

I will section it off to make it clearer.

Ninigi-no-Mikoto (瓊瓊杵尊) (also Ame-nigishi-kuni-nigishi-amatsuhi-kohiko-ho-no-ninigi-no-Mikoto) is in Japanese mythology the son of Ame no Oshihomimi no Mikoto, and grandson of Amaterasu, who sent him down to earth to plant rice there. He was the great-grandfather of Emperor Jimmu. His name also appears as Ninigi (瓊瓊杵).

Amaterasu sent him to pacify Japan by bringing the three celestial gifts used by the emperor. The sword, Kusanagi, the mirror, Yata no kagami, and the jewel, Yasakani no magatama. These three gifts signify that the emperor is the descendant of Amaterasu herself.

Well, I noticed that the 4th piece is a key to holding the power of the 3 Sacred Pieces Amaterasu.

So I am assuming Naruto has the Ningi inside of him. Itachi transfered it to him after his death was final to complete it. If you notice how Sasuke can use his Susanoo at his full power, but the Black Susanoo isn't complete itself in general because Sasuke lacks the key that Naruto has.

After reading, I noticed that the Ningi with the Three Gifts will stop any attacks from the Sharigan's Moves. They said to,
Pacify: In Terms which is to Remove or Stop all.

So with this I think Itachi gave this to Naruto to have him either remove Sasuke's abilities of the Sharingan, or to Stop Sasuke and Madara from hacking into Naruto and unleashing the Nine Tailed Fox from Him, controlling it at their will.

Izanagi is the Technique used by Itachi, which is similar to the technique used by Kushina and Minato with their chakra. But instead of storing memories, Izanagi stores a key or missing piece to fulfill something using an illusionary death.

After all the research I'm guessing Itachi knew of the ability that Madara and Sasuke would have in the future. So he enabled a way for Naruto to either stop 1 of the 2 permanently, and seal off the 2nd's abilities, or give him the power to use all the abilities of the Sharingan to reverse both Madara and Sasuke.

If this is correct then that could mean that Sasuke wont be coming back to the Hidden Leaf, and Madara will suffer some major truth telling.

Obviously this is just what I think could be the meaning behind Itachi "giving" Naruto the "gift", but it's still just a theory. :lol:

I just feel as though it's fairly well known by now Kishi seems to be basing everything around Japanese mythology. :roll:

Any ideas, thoughts, or feedback welcome. =]

Inuyasha
08-24-2010, 08:07 AM
i like the no hack for Nine-tails theory alot :)

but mabye it was similar to what Sasuke had not the amaterasu but

maybe if Madara gets his Sharingan near Naruto the thing will reject it

Pain_man_who_became_god
08-24-2010, 08:07 AM
SPOILER!!!!

I agree. i think he gave naruto the tools to stop madara and the way naruto is now is outrageous. sure sasukes outrageous and madara is pretty much unstoppable but naruto has mastered one of the greatest powers of the ninja world but besides the point you had some pretty good thoughts on the subject. what do you think bout the body kabuto showed to madara. my opinion is that its either the fourths body, madaras real body or shisui perhaps but im leaning towards madaras real body

Magic
08-24-2010, 08:21 AM
i like the no hack for Nine-tails theory alot :)

but mabye it was similar to what Sasuke had not the amaterasu but

maybe if Madara gets his Sharingan near Naruto the thing will reject it

Thanks.

I think thats why Kishi had Zetsu say Itachi looked abnormally weak during the fight with Sasuke... because he no longer had the key to enhance his powers... just a thought. ;)

SPOILER!!!!

I agree. i think he gave naruto the tools to stop madara and the way naruto is now is outrageous. sure sasukes outrageous and madara is pretty much unstoppable but naruto has mastered one of the greatest powers of the ninja world but besides the point you had some pretty good thoughts on the subject. what do you think bout the body kabuto showed to madara. my opinion is that its either the fourths body, madaras real body or shisui perhaps but im leaning towards madaras real body

Thanks, and yes I agree Naruto looks like he'll be more than a wrench in Madaras plans now. :lol:

Well for a while I thought it could've been the Water Daimyo, I even had a solid theory behind it, but I'm not convinced with anything now. It could also be Madaras body/brother or even someone who he's emotionally tied to. Parents maybe?? I just think he has a relationship with whoever was in the coffin, he didn't seem scared of the persons power, but more so attached and intrigued to how Kabuto got hold of it.

Many believe it's Pain to. >.>
To use him to bring back someone from the dead, which is why he was surprised?? Remember he was really angry Nagato revived everyone he killed in Konoha instead of his reason of using him??

Anyway thats off-topic. I won't get into that. :roll:

Shikamaru Nara
08-24-2010, 08:24 AM
http://a.imageshack.us/img208/6739/983.gif

This theory is great. We all know how Kishi tends to use ancient Japanese mythology to spice up his stories. This was well thought out. Bravo.

Inuyasha
08-24-2010, 08:30 AM
Thanks.

I think thats why Kishi had Zetsu say Itachi looked abnormally weak during the fight with Sasuke... because he no longer had the key to enhance his powers... just a thought. ;)

ohh yea i almost forgot that he was weak and fatigued most people just thought that was a sickness from over using Mongekyo hence the Bleeding eyes but thats opened my eyes now i have a new mindset on this story :shock:

amazing theory all the way `:)

Zemirock
08-24-2010, 08:39 AM
wow that's would explain a lot thanks

Cenzo
08-24-2010, 09:04 AM
Great theory! Rep up!

Magic
08-24-2010, 09:35 AM
http://a.imageshack.us/img208/6739/983.gif

This theory is great. We all know how Kishi tends to use ancient Japanese mythology to spice up his stories. This was well thought out. Bravo.

xDD
<3

Yeah, there must be something Sharingan related given to Naruto, so I went and dug around and researched. =]

ohh yea i almost forgot that he was weak and fatigued most people just thought that was a sickness from over using Mongekyo hence the Bleeding eyes but thats opened my eyes now i have a new mindset on this story :shock:

amazing theory all the way `:)

Thanks. =]

I know... Zetsu wasn't sure what it was that was weakening Itachi, otherwise he mightve reported to Madara and he would've realised he gave the key to someone.

wow that's would explain a lot thanks

Thanks. ;)

Great theory! Rep up!

Thanks dude. ;)
Appreciate the rep too. =]

Wooster
08-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Holy sheet, Magic. This is actually a pretty good theory. And here I thought you were only a pretty boy. :lol:

But what do you mean by Izanagi? That's the technique used by Dazno. You must be referring to something else, but what?

Also, what do you believe the jewel is then? We have seen the sword and mirror, but not that.

Magic
08-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Holy sheet, Magic. This is actually a pretty good theory. And here I thought you were only a pretty boy. :lol:

But what do you mean by Izanagi? That's the technique used by Dazno. You must be referring to something else, but what?

Also, what do you believe the jewel is then? We have seen the sword and mirror, but not that.

Yep, I told you I'm more than just a pretty face. :lol:
Thats more me not having a clue what most people are talking about in Off-Topic. ;)

Yes, I just realised I made a mistake with the name. But it is in general, the ability to leave behind your chakra with someone, and with it abilities, skills, etc. Much like what Kushina and Minato did to Naruto but on a different scale. Hence why Itachi always poked Sasule on his forehead, I think thats when he'd give Sasuke power to protect him. Also leaving him the seen abilities before he died, hoping it stop Sasuke from being manipulated from Madara. ;)

I'm not entirely sure, I have my thoughts/theories... but I'm going to keep them to myself until I make a thread on the subject. =]
I have a feeling we'll find out in due time though. ;)

Inuyasha
08-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Thanks. =]

I know... Zetsu wasn't sure what it was that was weakening Itachi, otherwise he mightve reported to Madara and he would've realised he gave the key to someone.

Exactly amazing theory's deserve rep :D

so rep for you

Wooster
08-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Yep, I told you I'm more than just a pretty face. :lol:
Thats more me not having a clue what most people are talking about in Off-Topic. ;)

Yes, I just realised I made a mistake with the name. But it is in general, the ability to leave behind your chakra with someone, and with it abilities, skills, etc. Much like what Kushina and Minato did to Naruto but on a different scale. Hence why Itachi always poked Sasule on his forehead, I think thats when he'd give Sasuke power to protect him. Also leaving him the seen abilities before he died, hoping it stop Sasuke from being manipulated from Madara. ;)

I'm not entirely sure, I have my thoughts/theories... but I'm going to keep them to myself until I make a thread on the subject. =]
I have a feeling we'll find out in due time though. ;)I am still the brains of the Welsh duo, though. ;)

Okay, I see. I don't about Itachi continually giving Sasuke power, but I get the comparison.

Ah, we must wait for the next installment. Gotcha.

sandboxkid
08-24-2010, 12:42 PM
If you google search Yasakani no magatama jewel, it is the necklace of the Sage of the Six Paths and Itachi..So if you look at naruto in SOTSP form he has it on.. this maybe the gift he was given.

taylor
08-24-2010, 03:50 PM
if you have not read chapter like 490-505 DO NOT READ THIS!
[SPOILER]

1.that sound so true. i was wondering how naruto was going to use the nine tailed fox agenst them if they where just going to use it agenst him, because if it dose not work what was the point in taming it (unles they wont naruto to fail). but this idea makes perfict sence.
2. where do u find this stuff. major rep up

Akatsuki Gord
08-24-2010, 03:56 PM
awesome theory magic man, well done :)

Magic
08-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Exactly amazing theory's deserve rep :D

so rep for you

Thanks. =]
And appreciate the rep. ;)

I am still the brains of the Welsh duo, though. ;)

Granted. :lol:
No arguments here. :roll:

If you google search Yasakani no magatama jewel, it is the necklace of the Sage of the Six Paths and Itachi..So if you look at naruto in SOTSP form he has it on.. this maybe the gift he was given.

True, that is the key I'm referring to, it was given to Naruto. =]

1.that sound so true. i was wondering how naruto was going to use the nine tailed fox agenst them if they where just going to use it agenst him, because if it dose not work what was the point in taming it (unles they wont naruto to fail). but this idea makes perfict sence.
2. where do u find this stuff. major rep up

I thought there had to be something to help Naruto in regaining the control of the nine tail fox from Sasuke and Madara, hell even Danzo if he's in the coffin. :shock:

Japanese Wiki, Japanese mythology, and a bit of common sense. ;)

awesome theory magic man, well done :)

Cheers Gord. ;)
I know how much you like Itachi too. :lol:

Nābris
08-24-2010, 07:02 PM
/Smacks you upside the head

I pretty much agree with everyone else; this is a well established theory, Smiler. Wouldn't be surprised to see something like this mixed in with the storyline.

http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_cheers.png

4_Tailed_Monkey
08-24-2010, 08:43 PM
that explains why naruto's 9 tailed chakra control mode lookes different then Bee's. Genius Theory sounds like you could've stolen it from kishi's notes hahah ;)

Emil
08-25-2010, 05:17 AM
"or to Stop Sasuke and Madara from hacking into Naruto"
I lol'd
Good theory, But thinking About it.
We still have a whole bunch of manga chapters, Let alone anime episodes left,
It will be fun to see how the rest of the story plays out.

Bioyard
08-25-2010, 12:39 PM
What ever the gift is, its taking way too long to get here. By the time the gift manifests it will be irrelevant to the casual reader. It's kinda like kishi planted a seed but forgot to water it.

Abel Uchiha
08-25-2010, 01:43 PM
What ever the gift is, its taking way too long to get here. By the time the gift manifests it will be irrelevant to the casual reader. It's kinda like kishi planted a seed but forgot to water it.
The gift needs to unlock once the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight starts if we new about it now we might already know the exact result. If its is kept unknown then what happens next in the story wont be predicted as easily.

Bioyard
08-25-2010, 02:27 PM
The gift needs to unlock once the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight starts if we new about it now we might already know the exact result. If its is kept unknown then what happens next in the story wont be predicted as easily.

I totally get that. But kishi's said that the Sasuke/Naruto fight is gonna be the last fight in the series. As far as i know, this manga isnt gonna end for awhile. By the time this story comes to an end, there is gonna be so much going on, so much loose ends to tie up that this "Gift" we're all hyping ourselves up about might just end up being a plot hole.

Abel Uchiha
08-25-2010, 02:34 PM
heh Who said that there will only be 1 Naruto Sasuke fight. There could be 1 more kinda shorter though.

Jakropha
08-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Rep fo u

Its Elementary my dear Watson.

SimpleGenin
08-27-2010, 04:51 AM
it make sense that itachi left naruto a new power that is specifically for sasuke.

Magic
08-31-2010, 04:56 PM
it make sense that itachi left naruto a new power that is specifically for sasuke.I know right??

I know what you mean Bioyard and Abel. ;]
Interesting stuff.

mirage
08-31-2010, 05:41 PM

Well after doing some thinking and Japanese research, I came up with a theory and probably the truth to Itachi and Naruto.

I will section it off to make it clearer.

Ninigi-no-Mikoto (瓊瓊杵尊) (also Ame-nigishi-kuni-nigishi-amatsuhi-kohiko-ho-no-ninigi-no-Mikoto) is in Japanese mythology the son of Ame no Oshihomimi no Mikoto, and grandson of Amaterasu, who sent him down to earth to plant rice there. He was the great-grandfather of Emperor Jimmu. His name also appears as Ninigi (瓊瓊杵).

Amaterasu sent him to pacify Japan by bringing the three celestial gifts used by the emperor. The sword, Kusanagi, the mirror, Yata no kagami, and the jewel, Yasakani no magatama. These three gifts signify that the emperor is the descendant of Amaterasu herself.

Well, I noticed that the 4th piece is a key to holding the power of the 3 Sacred Pieces Amaterasu.

So I am assuming Naruto has the Ningi inside of him. Itachi transfered it to him after his death was final to complete it. If you notice how Sasuke can use his Susanoo at his full power, but the Black Susanoo isn't complete itself in general because Sasuke lacks the key that Naruto has.

After reading, I noticed that the Ningi with the Three Gifts will stop any attacks from the Sharigan's Moves. They said to,
Pacify: In Terms which is to Remove or Stop all.

So with this I think Itachi gave this to Naruto to have him either remove Sasuke's abilities of the Sharingan, or to Stop Sasuke and Madara from hacking into Naruto and unleashing the Nine Tailed Fox from Him, controlling it at their will.

Izanagi is the Technique used by Itachi, which is similar to the technique used by Kushina and Minato with their chakra. But instead of storing memories, Izanagi stores a key or missing piece to fulfill something using an illusionary death.

After all the research I'm guessing Itachi knew of the ability that Madara and Sasuke would have in the future. So he enabled a way for Naruto to either stop 1 of the 2 permanently, and seal off the 2nd's abilities, or give him the power to use all the abilities of the Sharingan to reverse both Madara and Sasuke.

If this is correct then that could mean that Sasuke wont be coming back to the Hidden Leaf, and Madara will suffer some major truth telling.

Obviously this is just what I think could be the meaning behind Itachi "giving" Naruto the "gift", but it's still just a theory. :lol:

I just feel as though it's fairly well known by now Kishi seems to be basing everything around Japanese mythology. :roll:

Any ideas, thoughts, or feedback welcome. =]

Well this is a nice theory. I think gift is to null the sharingan effects like mind control, genjutsu etc. I have 1 question ?
Red sentence. Itachi never used Izanagi ?!? and if he did then he would lose his eye. There's something wrong at that sentece :)

Magic
08-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Well this is a nice theory. I think gift is to null the sharingan effects like mind control, genjutsu etc. I have 1 question ?
Red sentence. Itachi never used Izanagi ?!? and if he did then he would lose his eye. There's something wrong at that sentece :)

Yep, it was a misunderstanding. xDD
A brain fart if you will. ;]

I did state that in a post further down. :lol:
And thanks. =]

Jonesy
08-31-2010, 06:10 PM
Amazing theory! Bravo!

I hope it's correct so Sasuke doesn't come back. His emoness isn't needed in Konoha.

Magic
08-31-2010, 06:26 PM
Amazing theory! Bravo!

I hope it's correct so Sasuke doesn't come back. His emoness isn't needed in Konoha.

Tell me about it. I still think Sasuke may realize he's being used by Madara though. :lol:

mirage
09-01-2010, 04:43 PM
i think sasuke knows that madara trying to use him.he just needs a way outjust like he did with orochimaru so but he still wants to kill that geezers for what they done to itachi.

StevSet
09-05-2010, 04:16 AM
Hey Magic,

Nice theory I read it at SayianIsland forumboard.

Some guy thanked you and claiming he made the theory, but couldnt give a good feedback on some question we had.

Did he or you made it (add http can't post links) and if you made it, did you gave approval to post it on SI?

Thanks for letting me know!

Cheers! Steve

puppetmaster zack
09-05-2010, 06:04 AM
oh god this is a great theroy cuz you did all this reserch I am pretty sure this is true.

Lady Tsunade
09-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Kishi often uses Japanese Mythology to inspire parts of his plot. This seems very likely. Well researched, and well written

/reps

Fourth Fire Shadow
09-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Could be a powerful genjustu....

Magic
09-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Hey Magic,

Nice theory I read it at SayianIsland forumboard.

Some guy thanked you and claiming he made the theory, but couldnt give a good feedback on some question we had.

Did he or you made it (add http can't post links) and if you made it, did you gave approval to post it on SI?

Thanks for letting me know!

Cheers! Steve

I've been PM'd from somebody official from the site, supposedly, I didn't give permission, and it's being resolved I believe. =]

Kishi often uses Japanese Mythology to inspire parts of his plot. This seems very likely. Well researched, and well written

/reps

Thanks LT thats what I thought, he loves Mythology, cheers for the rep. =]

Could be a powerful genjustu....

Maybe. =]

Bmc77
09-08-2010, 08:49 PM
I think the 'gift' will be similiar to how Sasuke used amaterasu when Madara appeared before him. It will probably only work against something Sasuke or Madara can do. Great ideas.

StevSet
09-09-2010, 01:14 PM
I've been PM'd from somebody official from the site, supposedly, I didn't give permission, and it's being resolved I believe.

It is resolved.

Magic
10-12-2010, 09:11 AM
I decided to bump this instead of making a new pointless thread.... :lol:

Madara can use Izanagi... that is known to all... he managed that by requiring the "Senju power" and combining that with his own "Uchiha power".

What if Itachi gave Naruto the "Uchiha power"?? Then he'd be able to awaken a Sharingan perhaps?? It's a long stretch, and perhaps not possible, but just wondering... you never know with Kishi, as Madara compared Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry to the Senju and Uchiha's....

Would Naruto possibly be able to use the Izanagi if he somehow obtains a Sharingan??

tyler
10-12-2010, 09:17 AM

False. Izanagi is used by Danzo and Madara only. Itachi never lost an eye, so you can't assume that he used it. Also, you must have Senju and Uchiha blood to be able to use it. Nothing suggests that Itachi had Senju blood.

Magic
10-12-2010, 09:21 AM
False. Izanagi is used by Danzo and Madara only. Itachi never lost an eye, so you can't assume that he used it. Also, you must have Senju and Uchiha blood to be able to use it. Nothing suggests that Itachi had Senju blood.

If you read the whole thread, you'd realize I corrected myself. ;D

Thanks for stating the obvious though. =]

tyler
10-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Eh, I'm lazy.

king kakashi
10-15-2010, 04:18 PM
i think he gave naruto the truth of what happened to the village that could be more useful than any offence or defence attack

EvL j3st3r
10-15-2010, 06:36 PM
When Itachi gave Naruto "the gift" he was asking if Naruto would kill Sasuke if he had too. He also said that he hopes Naruto doesn't have to use it. These things make me think it is something of tremendous consequence. (like on the level of dead demon seal)

Fighting_dreamer
10-20-2010, 02:41 PM
I think thats why Kishi had Zetsu say Itachi looked abnormally weak during the fight with Sasuke... because he no longer had the key to enhance his powers... just a thought.

Deep thinking from your side!! Well done!!

Yes it is very possible that Itachi became even weaker (though Madara said that he was suffering from a disease anyway) after he gave that power to Naruto...n doesn't matter the scale of that power...it would have cost Itachi something!!

What really makes me sad is that Kishi had never shown the full scale of Itachi's powers...as he didn't give him long enough battles (he had a few short ones like with Kakashi etc but never a proper one) and we only got to see his final battle with Sasuke which we knew the fate of anyway :-( so my point is...we can not say if he had the complete set of mirror, sword etc (what you have described in your theory).

Also, how do we know that Madara doesn't know that Itachi gave this power to Naruto? After all that Zetsu guy is sneaking everywhere!! But since it wasn't shown I think we can assume for the time being that Madara doesn't know about it:mrgreen: