PDA

View Full Version : The Survivalist Games

Slack 40
08-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Here's a story I wrote based on the book The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Don't worry its not a complete copy of the book. I only used the "hunger games" concept and some things from the book. Also to make sure it wasn't a complete copy I have only read to around page 40 before I started to write my own Fanfic. Anyway I hope you enjoy and please comment so the story doesn't die.

Intro:

This story follows the existence of the Country Pangaea. Pangaea was formed after humanity almost destroyed itself because of its wars and pollution. Pangaea consists of ten communities. The communities are controlled by harsh government located in Capitol City. The laws are enforced by the Peace officers. Strict laws must be followed or harsh punishments will be put on the people of Pangaea. Once, 100 years ago the people of each community tried to revolt against Capitol City. Even the richest community, Community 1, fell to Capitol City. Ever since the communities failed to take Capitol city, they are forced to take part in the Survivalist Games. These games take two boys and two girls, anywhere from ages 13 to 19, from each community and take them to a large arena where they fight to the death for survival on national television. The "tributes" as they are called have their names entered into a computer. They're names can be placed into the computer more then one time based on age, for example a 13 year old would have their name in the computer one time. A 14 year old would have their name in two times, and it continues to follow the same pattern until age 19, where they have their name in the computer seven times. A person can also choose to enter their name additional times and for each time they enter their name they receive a bountiful plenty. The BP's as they are called, are a prize of $100, free food for a week, and electricity and oil for a week per name entered. Unfortunately the BP's stack up each year, so if someone takes out two BP's one year, the BP's would follow them each year, raising the chance that they'd have to compete in the games. The 40 contestants are forced to participate unless someone volunteers to go in their place. Each community is forced to watch the Survivalist Games as if it was a sporting event. The contestants know that if they don't participate in the games, they will be killed, so either way they have to play the game to kill. The winner of the games is the last contestant standing. The winner receives free food for 6 months, and immunity to the Survivalist games for life. They also receive $100,000 dollars, and their community receives a week off from working, and are still paid. This story is about the people who live in the community and how they deal with Capitol City and the Survivalist Games as they try to perfect Pangaea.

Slack 40
08-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Part 1 Kyle Longcart
Chapter 1 (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3868341&postcount=8) Chapter 2 (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3901149&postcount=11)

Slack 40
08-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Sorry something went wrong in the OP i fixed it though

Kiseki
08-24-2010, 01:28 AM
Great introduction. Can't wait for the story to begin! /thumbs up

puppetmaster zack
08-24-2010, 03:23 PM
i want to read the book i am waiting till i get the new kindle till then i will stick to this nice gob

Slack 40
08-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Sorry everyone I was writing the first chapter and re reading it and i realized it was horrible. I'mgoing on vacation so i wont be able to write as much as i want. Ill try my best to have the first chapter out soon

Kiseki
08-25-2010, 04:25 AM
Okay. It's alright. Just take your time.
I'm sure you will write something very interesting!

Slack 40
08-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Chapter 1
The sun's light creeps through the open window, telling me its finally time for the dreaded Selection Day. Four teenagers from the ages of 13-19 will be forced to participate in a free for all death match called the Survivalist games. This goes for every one of the communities, not just community 3, which i live in. With four tributes for each of the ten communities, its no wonder the people of Capitol City enjoy the games so much. They love seeing the people of the communities tear each other limb from limb. Capitol City is the capitol of our country, Pangaea, and it is run by harsh dictators who rely on the Peace Officers to enforce their laws. The wealthiest of people live in Capitol City, and treat the rest of the people who live in the communities like filth. My community, Community 3 A.K.A the Lumber Village, in where the majority of the countries lumber is cut. We are more fortunate then communities 4-10 because we have good enough money that most of our population isn't starving and live half decent lives. As I walk through the town square dressed up in my best suite, required by law we have to wear our best clothing even though we are watching our friends meet their certain doom, I notice my girlfriend Mary standing with the rest of the possible Tributes. One thing i would hate is for Mary to become a Tribute. If i lost her I don't know what i would do. I am an only child and father died when i was only 3. This year I turned 15 and a week later my mother died. My mother was remarried to a man after my father who had a decent amount of money. My stepfather is a horrible man though, he beats me often for not working hard enough at his lumber mill. As i stand in line i realize I was later then i thought, because the first Tribute was already called. His name was Gary Pander and he was 16 years old. The thought of being a Tribute drained the blood from his face. Before I knew it I heard the next name being called. This time it was one of the girls chosen. Paula Chanderson. She was a pretty girl, 17 years old and very strong, I knew she was skilled with a sword, as she used to mess around with a wooden sword when she was younger. Finally they chose the final boy tribute. As the computer buzzed randomly selecting a name, i hoped that it wouldn't be me. As the computer slowly began to slow down, a name flashed on the screen. Kyle Longcart. Me! how could it be! I never had to take out any BP and my name was only in the computer 3 times. There were hundreds of other names in the computer, but Mine was chosen! I was shaking as i walked on stage. Selection day was going a lot faster. Probably because one of the presidents of the Survival games had revived death threats a few days earlier. The president had to supervise the selection of tributes so they probably wanted to keep him safe and get him out of the communities as fast as they could. The final tribute was being chosen. I looked on to the screen to see who the next female tribute would be. My heart skipped a beat. Mary was going to be the next tribute. does this mean I'd have to kill her during the games! i felt like I was going to pass out right on the floor.

Slack 40
08-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Chapter 1 is up
I don't really like this chapter I rushed to write it.
I'm on vacation so i don't have as much time to write but when i get back expect much better chapters.

Kiseki
08-26-2010, 01:29 AM
I loved it since the first few lines. It's easy to imagine what's going on.
And to have an own fantasy about it etc. Very well done :D
Teehee, girls with swords... You gotta love it!

Slack 40
08-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Well I guess I did pass out. The last thing I can remember was the image of me and Mary in the battle arena fighting to the death. Must have been a mental image before I passed out. Now I am lying in a soft large bed in my own private room. I stand up and realize I have no clothes on. Slightly above my 6 pack so many girls admired, was a small scar. I wondered what happened when my door swung open and a young woman walked in. She was probably in her 20's and she walked over to me. She bent down not paying any attention to my nude body. She ran her hand over my chest making then put a small square shaped device over my scar. That's when I realized that my scar hurt a lot. I winced in pain and the woman pulled the square away. She began to rub a lotion on my scar. It made the pain go away almost instantly. I then realized that the cool feeling of her hands on my was making me excited, and it showed. I quickly jumped up off the bed and finally took notice to what the woman was wearing. She was wearing a brightly colored dress, it looked very expensive. She is from Capitol City. No one in any of the communities could afford such nice clothing. She looked sexy in the dress. She gave me a quick smile and I asked her what i was doing here. She looked at me. "Oh you are on the Capitol City Train. We are headed to Capitol City to get ready for the Survivalist Games. The scar is from a small device we implanted in you. Its just so the Game Masters can track you at all times. Just in case you decide to try and escape, which isn't very likely. I am Community 3's personal assistent and I will help to get you and the other Tributes form Community 3 ready for the games. Now hurry up and get dressed so you can go to the dining car and you can meet your fellow tributes and trainers." with that the woman walked out of my room, which was one of the largest train cars I've ever seen. "well I have only seen one other train, coming from community 1" I said out loud to myself. At the foot of my bed was a nice set of clothes. Much nicer then what I have back at home. I put on the T-shirt, socks, boxers, and shorts and opened the door to the next train car.

End of Chapter 2

Kiseki
08-31-2010, 02:32 AM
Slightly above my 6 pack so many girls admired, was a small scar.
HECK YEA! This is awesome, haha. Can you make a drawing of him now? XD
Really nice chapter, however I wish it was a little longer :3

puppetmaster zack
08-31-2010, 03:01 PM
. She was probably in her 20's and she walked over to me. She bent down not paying any attention to my nude body.
i am pretty sure she was playing close attechen nice work slacky ;);)

Slack 40
08-31-2010, 06:08 PM
hahahaa kiseki i can't draw but if you can find someone who would like to draw him then i'll glady accept and post it here. Sorry the chapter was short but more will be posted soon. I need to get ready cuz tomorrow I start Highschool. (Im gonna be a freshman as in FRESH MEAT :O

And zack the people of Capitol City usually don't find the people from the Communities. Although it could happen (hint hint)

Koanos
08-31-2010, 09:58 PM
Your a Freshmen as well?

Kiseki
09-01-2010, 02:02 AM
hahahaa kiseki i can't draw but if you can find someone who would like to draw him then i'll glady accept and post it here. Sorry the chapter was short but more will be posted soon. I need to get ready cuz tomorrow I start Highschool. (Im gonna be a freshman as in FRESH MEAT :O
Okay, I understand you have a lot of things to do because of school. Everbody is occupied at the moment, haha. I guess I have to wait for some fanart to show up later. Im still waiting for somebody to make Izumi fanart too actually. We have to be patience :mrgreen:

Slack 40
09-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Your a Freshmen as well?
yes i am