PDA

View Full Version : Uzamaki

Gamabunta
06-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Alright I've got a question about Naruto's last name Uzamaki.

Naruto carries his mother's last name, not his fathers. Is this apart of Japanese culture, or did the Third Hokage do this to hide Naruto's true heritage?

I assume it wasn't Japanese tradition, since Kakashi carries his fathers last name as do many other characters. So had the Third not chosen to hide Naruto's heritage from him, would our main character be called Naruto Namikaze?

Vaan
06-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Alright I've got a question about Naruto's last name Uzamaki.

Naruto carries his mother's last name, not his fathers. Is this apart of Japanese culture, or did the Third Hokage do this to hide Naruto's true heritage?

I assume it wasn't Japanese tradition, since Kakashi carries his fathers last name as do many other characters. So had the Third not chosen to hide Naruto's heritage from him, would our main character be called Naruto Namikaze?

Yes the 3rd Hokage thought it was best for him if the other villagers wont know who his father is.The reason for that is unknown or at least I havent read anything about why.

Gamabunta
06-22-2009, 08:01 PM
So no one thinks it would be weird if his name was really Naruto Namikaze?

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-22-2009, 08:04 PM
It's pretty much because Hiruzen felt it would be best that nobody knew he was related to Minato.

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Exactly.

Nick Tasogare
06-22-2009, 08:08 PM
I thought it was spelled Uzumaki, or is it?

ThunderSpirit
06-22-2009, 08:11 PM

I think you're right.

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-22-2009, 08:12 PM
It is spelled Uzumaki. :geek:

jacobjak
06-22-2009, 08:15 PM
well if narutos last name was different he might of be treated alot better and the story woulda been changed

Naruto & Hinata
06-22-2009, 08:16 PM
gama spelt it uzamaki

TucanaTheToucan
06-22-2009, 08:47 PM
If Naruto's last name was Namikaze, he'd have way more respect and his childhood wouldn't be as harsh as it is in the story. In other words, this might change the story a little bit and Naruto might be way more self-actualized from the start of his career.

Black King
06-22-2009, 08:55 PM

Yeah...The whole reason I was going to post here was to say that.
It's Uzumaki. :|

Death Wish
06-22-2009, 09:01 PM
I had a suspecion that it was because Minato Namikaze was once a member of the Akatsuki, and it would be easier to find Naruto if his last name was Namikaze, but that's just a theory.

yondaime
06-22-2009, 09:04 PM
maybe his father asked the third to do that and i didn't even know about the third doing that i thought he was just called that

yondaime
06-22-2009, 09:05 PM
I had a suspecion that it was because Minato Namikaze was once a member of the Akatsuki, and it would be easier to find Naruto if his last name was Namikaze, but that's just a theory.

dude yeah i saw some pictures that looked like Minato was in an akatsuki uniform and he looked like he was out of control but it might be fan pics IDK

Avenger
06-22-2009, 09:11 PM
If his last name was Namikaze, then yeah, he wouldve gained much more respect. But if he did, he wouldnt be the person he is now, and would probably be really weak. He would be treated way differently, but it isnt fun that way, and makes it somewhat boring...

ThunderSpirit
06-22-2009, 09:12 PM
dude yeah i saw some pictures that looked like Minato was in an akatsuki uniform and he looked like he was out of control but it might be fan pics IDK

The pics that showed Minato as if he were in the Akatsuki are not legit.

yondaime
06-22-2009, 09:12 PM
If his last name was Namikaze, then yeah, he wouldve gained much more respect. But if he did, he wouldnt be the person he is now, and would probably be really weak. He would be treated way differently, but it isnt fun that way, and makes it somewhat boring...

yeah i tottaly agree

Gamabunta
06-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Ah, my bad. I've been pronouncing it Uz ah maki this entire time.

yondaime
06-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Ah, my bad. I've been pronouncing it Uz ah maki this entire time.

it is UZUMAKI Gamabunta and great thread

Gamabunta
06-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Oh I know. I was saying I was wrong earlier. :)