PDA

View Full Version : Jiraiya vs. A

WindScar22
08-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Location: Rain Village, and the area is like the maze Jiraiya went through in it while fighting the Six Paths of Pain.

Distance: 30.48 Meters

No restrictions except for the fact that A cannot go RA2 until he is completely overwhelmed.

Who wins?

321zigzag3
08-14-2010, 09:41 PM
100 feet?

That is 30.48 meters.

Raikage can blitz Base Jiraiya at that distance.

Base Jiraiya doesn't possess enough reaction speed nor reflexes nor movement to evade Raikage at that distance.

Miles Edgeworth
08-14-2010, 09:43 PM
I'd say Jiraiya takes this. Raikage's main attributes are speed and power, both of which Jiraiya either evenly matches or comes reasonably close to.

Jiraiya's got three boss toads to back him up, as well as techniques like Super Great Ball Rasengan and Swamp of the Underworld.

Jiraiya's range and superior variety of techniques give him an advantage here.

Unless Jiraiya starts in base, where he is more likely to be blitzed.

deidara330
08-14-2010, 09:45 PM
I will not consider speed a factor in this debate until someone provides 2 accurate calculations of both contestant's speeds proving that one character is faster than the other to the point where he blitzes.

That said, A isn't very versatile. All he's got going for him is speed and taijutsu, Jiraiya has much more with the Giant Rasengan, Sage Mode, Frog Song (When in Sage Mode) and multiple boss toad summons. A may be strong, but I don't think he could merely tank attacks from Jiraiya's giant toads or Jiraiya's Giant Rasengan. Being in R2, he could possibly blitz with the speed boost, assuming he isn't already dead from whatever attack "completely overwhelmed" him.

Miles Edgeworth
08-14-2010, 09:48 PM
I will not consider speed a factor in this debate until someone provides 2 accurate calculations of both contestant's speeds proving that one character is faster than the other to the point where he blitzes.

That said, A isn't very versatile. All he's got going for him is speed and taijutsu, Jiraiya has much more with the Giant Rasengan, Sage Mode, Frog Song (When in Sage Mode) and multiple boss toad summons. A may be strong, but I don't think he could merely tank attacks from Jiraiya's giant toads or Jiraiya's Giant Rasengan. Being in R2, he could possibly blitz with the speed boost, assuming he isn't already dead from whatever attack "completely overwhelmed" him.

Having superior speed to Sasuke is a better feat than anything Base Jiraiya has ever shown. Base Jiraiya has never shown any real speed, mostly relying on toad summons to do much of anything. If we're talking about SM Jiraiya then blitz isn't happening, but saying Raikage can't blitz Base Jiraiya is not giving Raikage enough credit.

321zigzag3
08-14-2010, 09:52 PM

Raikage > Sasuke in speed. base jiraiya hasn't shown great speed feats.

To be fair it is possible for Jiraiya to react to it. But at that distance 31 meters? It will be hard for Jiraiya to react and counter he is a long to mid range type.

Sage Mode takes prep.

Boss summons aren't a problem for Raikage's strnegth.

deidara330
08-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Having superior speed to Sasuke is a better feat than anything Base Jiraiya has ever shown. Base Jiraiya has never shown any real speed, mostly relying on toad summons to do much of anything. If we're talking about SM Jiraiya then blitz isn't happening, but saying Raikage can't blitz Base Jiraiya is not giving Raikage enough credit.I suppose base Jiraiya hasn't shown much speed, and A did manage some impressive feats fighting Sasuke. Still, how long does it actually take for Jiraiya to make hand signs and summon a boss summon? If A can move 100 feet faster than that time, he punches Jiraiya in the face and wins.

321zigzag3
08-14-2010, 10:01 PM
I suppose base Jiraiya hasn't shown much speed, and A did manage some impressive feats fighting Sasuke. Still, how long does it actually take for Jiraiya to make hand signs and summon a boss summon? If A can move 100 feet faster than that time, he punches Jiraiya in the face and wins.

It all depends on how good Base Jiraiya's reaction speed is then his reflexes and etc.

Thats the key component.

Then of course then if Jiraiya can he has to counter in time.

Sage of the Sharingan
08-14-2010, 10:38 PM
I feel really dumb asking this, but who is A?

Nyruss
08-14-2010, 10:42 PM
The Raikage. He Lariat's Jiraiya's head off.

Kuromaki
08-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Raikage can likely blitz. I don't remember Jiraiya showing any feats in base that let him react to A speed.
I feel really dumb asking this, but who is A?
A is the 4th Raikage.

Sage of the Sharingan
08-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Raikage can likely blitz. I don't remember Jiraiya showing any feats in base that let him react to A speed.

A is the 4th Raikage.

Thanks xD
I tried to google it but of course it didn't work haha

Akatsuki X
08-15-2010, 12:59 AM
I say A takes this.

I would argue differently if his was Sage Mode Jiraiya,
but since he starts in base, I doubt Raikage will give him enough time to go into SM.

A could close the difference between them quickly with his superior speed, meaning that if Jiraiya used SotU, he would get caught in it too.

Even if Jiraiya managed to summon toads, A could probably handle them with Raiton increased strength.

Followed up with a Lariat to the face.

Kuromaki
08-15-2010, 01:04 AM
Even if Jiraiya used Dark Swamp, it's earth nature, and A has Raiton Armor so I don't think it would really affect him.

Either way though A should be too fast for base Jiraiya to get him into Dark Swamp.

Shikamaru Nara
08-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Raikage speedblitzes, at this distance, there's no way he won't.

Jiraiya won't have any prep time for SM, so there's no way that's happening. Sage Mode would've been his only hope, but there's no time.

The only thing that might be able to damage Raikage could be Gamabunta, but I wouldn't be surprised if A killed Gama.