PDA

View Full Version : Fighting game verses

NBT
08-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Street Fighter,Soul Calibur,Tekken,Def Jam,etc.

How strong are they?

The 1st Hokage
08-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Stronger than Narutoverse.

NBT
08-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Even Street Fighter?How?And could you be a little more specific?

The 1st Hokage
08-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Actually, I don't know how fast many of the Street fighter characters are, so I'm not sure if they could defeat the Narutoverse.

Vocaloid
08-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Isn't MKverse a little weak without the Elder Gods? I heard they were, anyway.

Miles Edgeworth
08-14-2010, 01:05 PM
I know very little about these verses, the only one I have remote knowledge on is SF.

Most characters in SF don't have good feats, so all that we can really say for a lot is that they are peak human to low superhuman.

There are some that do have some good showings though.

According to OBD, mid-tier fighters can one-shot an elephant with a punch. While that isn't very impressive, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Apparently bullet-timing is "fairly common". High end feats include tanking nuclear assaults, one shotting an island with a punch, splitting the ocean with a gesture, and raining meteors.

Yeah, I'd say those things put SF above Narutoverse.

NBT
08-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Who does all that stuff?

Miles Edgeworth
08-14-2010, 01:09 PM
I know that Akuma was the one who one-punched an island but I don't know any of the other ones. That's just what OBD said, if those are true then I'd say SF>>>>>>>Naruto.

Akatsuki X
08-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Are those all hype thou?

Or are there feats from Street Fighter showing the said characters to perform such abilities.

DSPR7
08-14-2010, 02:24 PM
You said ETC, so I say Super Smash Bros.

Going by in game, you have potential Multiverse threat Tabuu, high end threat Master/Crazy Hand. Plus the Subspace Army, which rapes the Narutoverse casually. And the Twilightverse even more casually.

Taking it all in all, it has Mario, Sonic, Super Sonic, Bowser, Giga Bowser, Samus, Metal Gear doohickeys armed with nukes, Olimar, Ganondorf, and several gods/goddesses. It rapes basically every other universe. XD Especially if you add in other media, since Archie Comics Sonic is the most ridiculously broken thing since Superman.

Miles Edgeworth
08-14-2010, 02:27 PM

Going by in game, you have potential Multiverse threat Tabuu, high end threat Master/Crazy Hand. Plus the Subspace Army, which rapes the Narutoverse casually. And the Twilightverse even more casually.

Taking it all in all, it has Mario, Sonic, Super Sonic, Bowser, Giga Bowser, Samus, Metal Gear doohickeys armed with nukes, Olimar, Ganondorf, and several gods/goddesses. It rapes basically every other universe. XD Especially if you add in other media, since Archie Comics Sonic is the most ridiculously broken thing since Superman.

I wouldn't go as far as to say multiversal threat, more like dimensional threat, and those "dimensions" were pretty small.

No doubt Tabuu curbstomps the HST but multiversal threat is a bit much, at least from what I recall.

junchurikioftheleaf
08-14-2010, 02:30 PM

rofl at the sonic thing

yea so video game verses really vary depending on whats in them like soulcalibur the best feats iv seen is in the cinema with like nightmare soloing a peak human army (not modern sorta midevel they ahd horses and armor and stuff) and a few broken powers like cervantes and his teleporting and i geuss the durability of them is extremely high seeing as in soul calibur 4 they have darth vader yoda and the apprentice and people survive multiple hits from lightsabers and can block them on normal weapons and they take all the damage and the only thing signifying that is sometimes a piece of armor breaks

DSPR7
08-14-2010, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to say multiversal threat, more like dimensional threat, and those "dimensions" were pretty small.

No doubt Tabuu curbstomps the HST but multiversal threat is a bit much, at least from what I recall.

I was just going by what the OBD said. It said he could absorb small universes, so I went with that. I always just though it was pieces of their worlds, since we never see them actually switch dimensions/universes.

But that isn't saying much. Personally, I'd put Tabuu at about a Universal to Interdimensional threat, but a lower level one. The main things SSB has got is non SSB Mario and Sonic. Those two alone would basically rape all these other fighting universes without even trying. But if you go exclusively by what is in SSB, it's more Super Sonic, Giga Bowser, Master/Crazy Hand, and Tabuu.

321zigzag3
08-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Street Fighter,Soul Calibur,Tekken,Def Jam,etc.

How strong are they?

In terms of entire fictional realm Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, Tekken are at very least lower than Bleachverse. Meaning low mid tier or lower.

Stronger than Narutoverse.

There was this thread saying Zabuza is stronger than 75% of the soul calibur verse minus broken guest ones.

At least half of Tekken doesn't stand up. Its their high and especially top tiers ones like Devil Jin that are strong.

According to OBD, mid-tier fighters can one-shot an elephant with a punch. While that isn't very impressive, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Apparently bullet-timing is "fairly common". High end feats include tanking nuclear assaults, one shotting an island with a punch, splitting the ocean with a gesture, and raining meteors.

Yeah, I'd say those things put SF above Narutoverse.

kyuubi, Hachibi, Jubi, Rikudo, and etc. :ugeek:`;)

To be fair game SF and anime SF are different.

In the anime, Shin Akuma punched a meteor and destroyed it.

Bulleting gives them at the very least supersonic reactions.

Not sudden hypersonic.
They need to fix SF. I am glad they fixed Fairy Tail pages though. I had enough seeing Fairy Tail wank.

But that isn't saying much. Personally, I'd put Tabuu at about a Universal to Interdimensional threat, but a lower level one. The main things SSB has got is non SSB Mario and Sonic. Those two alone would basically rape all these other fighting universes without even trying. But if you go exclusively by what is in SSB, it's more Super Sonic, Giga Bowser, Master/Crazy Hand, and Tabuu.

Tabuu was a jobber yet a powerful jobber.

DSPR7
08-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Where would Giga Bowser class in all this?

321zigzag3
08-14-2010, 02:59 PM

To be honest MK loses a lot of power in the fictional scaling without Elder Gods or the One Being.

Shao Kahn and Shangtsung have nifty soul stealing abilities.
And MK ninjas love to teleport.

Scorpion can't be killed.

Subzero's freeze is dangerous.
And few other things.

Where would Giga Bowser class in all this?

At least stronger than Bowser.

DSPR7
08-14-2010, 03:06 PM
At least stronger than Bowser.

No way rly?!?!

But seriously, I think Giga could take quite a bit of the HST himself. Control of fire, ice, and dark magic, basically indestructible, and the same supersonic+ reactons of Bowser means he rapes Naruto, at the very least.

321zigzag3
08-14-2010, 03:14 PM
No way rly?!?!

But seriously, I think Giga could take quite a bit of the HST himself. Control of fire, ice, and dark magic, basically indestructible, and the same supersonic+ reactons of Bowser means he rapes Naruto, at the very least.

Well of course I was joking but unless you want to use Tier lists as actual strength. :mrgreen:

Giga Bowser is inestructible?

Shikamaru Nara
08-15-2010, 07:44 AM
SF is stronger than Narutoverse undoubtedly, Akuma was an island buster in SFIII if I remember correctly, then there's always Shoryuken, Hadoken, Metsu Hadoken, etc.

Miles Edgeworth
08-15-2010, 09:57 AM
kyuubi, Hachibi, Jubi, Rikudo, and etc. :ugeek:`;)

To be fair game SF and anime SF are different.

In the anime, Shin Akuma punched a meteor and destroyed it.

Bulleting gives them at the very least supersonic reactions.

Not sudden hypersonic.
They need to fix SF. I am glad they fixed Fairy Tail pages though. I had enough seeing Fairy Tail wank.

Juubi and Rikudou are basically hypesters, and I don't think Kyuubi and Hachibi could match up to the feats that the OBD wiki has, despite their power.

I don't know if they can beat Bleachverse, but as far as I know Narutoverse shouldn't be a problem, with very few exceptions.

Never bothered with FT, what was the deal with it?

321zigzag3
08-15-2010, 10:03 AM
They could both mountain blast its the offensive power that is the problem but whatever SF at best has nifty things.

No they can't beat Bleachverse.

So far as I know unless I forgot something. I might have. But oh well.

OBD in the past said Fairy Tail > Naruto when it was the other way around.
They are both around same power but Naruto > Fairy Tail as a whole since there are more names Naruto characters. And Average ninja > average mage usually. Fodder wise.

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Fairy+Tail

DSPR7
08-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Well of course I was joking but unless you want to use Tier lists as actual strength. :mrgreen:

Giga Bowser is inestructible?

Giga Bowser is BASICALLY indestructible. He takes supersonic+ hits, massive explosions, class 100+ hits, etc, with moderate damage and no flinch or knockback. As of Brawl, it's nearly impossible to kill him. Combined with his element control and speed, this makes him dangerous.

Now what about the Hands? I know Master Hand has brought puppets to life and reality warped, but he's obviously below Tabuu in power soooo... I dunno.

Nyruss
08-15-2010, 01:03 PM
I seem to recall Ganon casually owning him in some cutscene or other. It might have been regular Bowser though, I'm not sure. http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/43h7r5d.gif

DSPR7
08-15-2010, 01:07 PM
I seem to recall Ganon casually owning him in some cutscene or other. It might have been regular Bowser though, I'm not sure. http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/43h7r5d.gif

Ganon used one of those Trophy Gun thingies on normal Bowser in an ambush. Then Ganon got owned by Tabuu, followed by Master Hand. It was one big rapefest in favor of Tabuu, sadly.

321zigzag3
08-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Giga Bowser is BASICALLY indestructible. He takes supersonic+ hits, massive explosions, class 100+ hits, etc, with moderate damage and no flinch or knockback. As of Brawl, it's nearly impossible to kill him. Combined with his element control and speed, this makes him dangerous.

Now what about the Hands? I know Master Hand has brought puppets to life and reality warped, but he's obviously below Tabuu in power soooo... I dunno.

Hands do reality warp.

Giga Bowser being totally indestructible is a bit no limits fallacy.

The Anti-Existence
08-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Tekken has some pretty powerful people. Even low tiers like Bob can dodge bullets.

Then you got the super powerful like the Mishimas and those around their level.

Mk is way above the HST thanks to its multiple lifewipers and several universal level beings.
Most of the MK cast is fodder though.

Miles Edgeworth
08-15-2010, 07:17 PM
They could both mountain blast its the offensive power that is the problem but whatever SF at best has nifty things.

No they can't beat Bleachverse.

So far as I know unless I forgot something. I might have. But oh well.

OBD in the past said Fairy Tail > Naruto when it was the other way around.
They are both around same power but Naruto > Fairy Tail as a whole since there are more names Naruto characters. And Average ninja > average mage usually. Fodder wise.

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Fairy+Tail

They're powerful, but other than that, there's really nothing featswise that can possibly match up. On top of that, they haven't exactly demonstrated any speed or durability feats, so that's an issue. That may be the case with SF too, but I'm no expert on it, just wanted to point some things out.

The OBD Verse Tier List on the wiki lists SF as a lot higher than Bleach, but it could be wrong, I wouldn't argue about it since I'm not the person to go to regarding the matter, I only have SSF4.

I dunno much about it, but I heard that Natsu at his strongest is a pretty powerful character, no idea about anybody else though.

colorles
08-15-2010, 07:18 PM
anyone here familiar with Fighting Vipers?

oldskool sega fighter, unique feel

DSPR7
08-16-2010, 05:46 AM
Hands do reality warp.

Giga Bowser being totally indestructible is a bit no limits fallacy.

Good thing I didn't say he was indestructible then, right?

321zigzag3
08-16-2010, 05:49 AM
Its harder to decipher game feats because some are due to game mechanics and blah blah which is why cutscenes help.

I know he hasn't shown soul level of resistance.

Mental defenses unknown as well.

You did say it but I know what you mean.

DSPR7
08-16-2010, 05:54 AM
Its harder to decipher game feats because some are due to game mechanics and blah blah which is why cutscenes help.

I know he hasn't shown soul level of resistance.

Mental defenses unknown as well.

You did say it but I know what you mean.

Unfortunately, some characters have better in game feats than they do in cutscenes, which further complicates things. :/

321zigzag3
08-16-2010, 06:07 AM
Devil May Cry is one clear example there in my opinion.

Tekken has some pretty powerful people. Even low tiers like Bob can dodge bullets.

Then you got the super powerful like the Mishimas and those around their level.

Mk is way above the HST thanks to its multiple lifewipers and several universal level beings.
Most of the MK cast is fodder though.

Its the tekken top tiers that have shown the best. High tiers I include.

You mean like over 90% of the MK cast is fodder in totall comparison?
Oh yes.

The Anti-Existence
08-16-2010, 05:37 PM
But they're still tough.

321zigzag3
08-16-2010, 05:55 PM
In some ways. Like Scorpion is the prime example.

colorles
08-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Kakuto Chojin for the XBOX, anybody familiar with it? unique feel, some say subpar, although it has a catchy feel to it, catchy soundtrack, pretty cool characters, kinda a cult game

powerwise well the game has no cutscenes, although the character 'shadow' (picture 'Batman Begins' batman mixed with MK Raiden lol)can teleport and warp reality and has some unpredicatle combo's of the two, Asad has the power of Allah on his side, and a theme that quotes the Quran and all in all almost got the game banned from manny countries, and did get it pulled off the shelves pretty early on. otherwise theres some characters with some tekken feel to them (the game was created by a bunch of 'exiled' members of the earliar tekken games team), like some capoiera girl that fights like Christie with the same physics but looks more like Rikku mixed with that young girl from crouching tiger hidden dragon (the one that is Jade Fox's apprentice), also some norweigin guy that fights like Hwoarang (pretty cool guy though), amoung many others. many other tekken eske characters although with an odd cyber punk/metal/goth/electronica feel or whatever lol; main boss is a she-devil with regeneration and the abilites of every fighter

'interesting' fighter that i suppose i am 'lucky' to have, found it at gamecrazy by chance lol

321zigzag3
08-16-2010, 06:13 PM
That game has some brokenness. Of I recall.

But Mugen trumps all fighting games in general in tier wise.

colorles
08-16-2010, 06:16 PM
That game has some brokenness. Of I recall.

But Mugen trumps all fighting games in general in tier wise.

who would you say is the most overpowered Mugen character that is not simply unfair haxx (as in single click of the button haxx)?

321zigzag3
08-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Mugen Tom Hanks is ridiculous.
You can't fight it unless you mod its file saying the opponet character can harm it.

colorles
08-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Mugen Tom Hanks is ridiculous.
You can't fight it unless you mod its file saying the opponet character can harm it.

:shock:

well thats were 'guile' (cheating;)) comes into play lol

i prefer shooters anyway; if Quake 3 online ever gets dull, then i will cry`~(

not really lol, but its so phun, like shooting on rollerskates lol

321zigzag3
08-16-2010, 06:24 PM
:shock:

well thats were 'guile' (cheating;)) comes into play lol

i prefer shooters anyway; if Quake 3 online ever gets dull, then i will cry`~(

not really lol, but its so phun, like shooting on rollerskates lol

I used to be a Mugen addict. http://i39.tinypic.com/2j1lcug.jpg

Shooters are fun yet many of them are like the same now. http://i39.tinypic.com/2j1lcug.jpg

colorles
08-16-2010, 06:32 PM
I used to be a Mugen addict. http://i39.tinypic.com/2j1lcug.jpg

Shooters are fun yet many of them are like the same now. http://i39.tinypic.com/2j1lcug.jpg

EXACTLY the same, and Halo will always be an overated low tier mediocre at best series. but yeah 7th gen shooters are litterally all the same, although Bioshock is pretty good

noting can match the feeling of shooting on rollerskates that is Quake 3

never got into Mugen, although its phun to watch. ever play Fighting Vipers or Fighting Vipers 2? games like these are why Sega is the maestro of the fighting genre

321zigzag3
08-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Bioshock wasn't revolutionary although it was good. Spiritual successor to System Shock.

I actually never owned Mugen program or programmed anyway. I just watched as well.

Nope never played the vipers.

colorles
08-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Bioshock wasn't revolutionary although it was good. Spiritual successor to System Shock.

I actually never owned Mugen program or programmed anyway. I just watched as well.

Nope never played the vipers.

quite

ah

well thats a shame, tis phun

jus started playing Deus Ex again for the phun of it, mixes genres so well, hasnt been matched yet (although its sequal is good as well, as is Project Snowblind). yet another reason why 'oldskool' gaming was more phun

speaking of fighters, the tekken movie actually looks kinda disapointing, not what i expected based on the look of things

321zigzag3
08-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Warren Spencer made Deus Ex along with SYstem Shock now he is doing epic mickey.

Tekken movie disappointing? Not surprising.

Then again the Lightning Thief and the Last Airbender really put things worse for expectations.

colorles
08-16-2010, 06:59 PM
yeah epic mickey should be interesting then, for the Wii too....jus dont break any TV screen's while your at it lol

that MK short film pitch was sick though, kinda how i wished Tekken would be....oh and King of Fighters is beying made, from the looks of it to last airbender quality though :[

lol

321zigzag3
08-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Mk liveaction 1st film actually had good success.

I should also Dragonball Evolution too.

colorles
08-16-2010, 07:06 PM
indeed it did, was actually respectably entertaining

Dragonball evolution i have never seen, dont like the Dragon Ball franshise in general, plus Goku's hair made me lol

the golden standard for anime/manga based movies as far as speacial effects and atmosphere should be Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, with the spiritual floating a such (kinda how i picture a Naruto movie COULD be, although it would probably turn out more like last airbender). no need to overdo it with flashy lighting effects which in turn comprimises atmosphere

321zigzag3
08-16-2010, 07:09 PM
CTRD was good. Except It wasn't as popular domestically for China.

Although really doing jutsus in live action Naruto might actually ruin it because it looks too childish.

Forbidden Kingdom? http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif