PDA

View Full Version : Marioverse vs Sonicverse

DSPR7
08-13-2010, 08:41 AM
Because I don't agree with people

The winner is pretty obvious to anyone who knows anything about the games, but this goes out to the Sonic fanboys/girls of the world. Someone please tell me how the Sonic universe gets around any of this:

Star Rod
Chaos Heart
Shadow Queen
Mario and Luigi
Bowser
Dimentio
Count Bleck
Smithy
Grand Stars/Power Stars/Crystal Stars
Superior tech (FTL travel, superior robots, time travel, etc)

Enlighten me.

Oh, and so the Sonicverse has a chance, lets take away all that. Give the Sonicverse Metal Overlord, Final Hazzard, and the Chaos Emeralds. They still get destroyed. And I'll happily explain how if you ask.

If you really think the Sonicverse stands a chance, feel free to argue. I doubt anyone will though...

Also, it would be nice if someone showed me proof of Super Sonic bein FTL, since I asked before and failed to get a response outside of "He's faster than normal Sonic". Feats plz.

321zigzag3
08-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Are we including Archie Comics Sonic? Because that the most broken of all Sonic incarnations.

NBT
08-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Because I don't agree with people

The winner is pretty obvious to anyone who knows anything about the games, but this goes out to the Sonic fanboys/girls of the world. Someone please tell me how the Sonic universe gets around any of this:

Star Rod
Chaos Heart
Shadow Queen
Mario and Luigi
Bowser
Dimentio
Count Bleck
Smithy
Grand Stars/Power Stars/Crystal Stars
Superior tech (FTL travel, superior robots, time travel, etc)

Enlighten me.

Oh, and so the Sonicverse has a chance, lets take away all that. Give the Sonicverse Metal Overlord, Final Hazzard, and the Chaos Emeralds. They still get destroyed. And I'll happily explain how if you ask.

If you really think the Sonicverse stands a chance, feel free to argue. I doubt anyone will though...

Also, it would be nice if someone showed me proof of Super Sonic bein FTL, since I asked before and failed to get a response outside of "He's faster than normal Sonic". Feats plz.

I don't know much about Marioverse,but as far as Super Sonic goes,I think he was supposed to be faster than someone who escaped a black hole.

The 1st Hokage
08-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Super Sonic and Super Shadow are atleast LS. "Light Speed Dash" kinda explains that.

Final Hazard has multiple forms I beleive, and they have immortal characters iirc. I'll have to find them in the wiki because I can't remember names.

Base Sonic tanked re-entry. Shadow was owning Sonic, and why make a thread if Marioverse rapes so badly. I'd also like to ask you for feats. Any proof they are FTL? any proof they can own Super Sonic and Shadow with Chaos Emeralds?

Miles Edgeworth
08-14-2010, 11:41 AM
If this is just the games, nothing I recall from Sonicverse can stand up to stuff like Dimentio, Star Rod, and Chaos Heart, combined with all the other stuff.

Archie Sonic, however, is a different story: http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Sonic+the+Hedgehog+%28Archie%29

I don't know much about it but I've heard that tails is nigh-omnipotent and other broken crap, so I wouldn't be surprised if Archie Sonicverse>Marioverse.

The 1st Hokage
08-14-2010, 11:45 AM
If this is just the games, nothing I recall from Sonicverse can stand up to stuff like Dimentio, Star Rod, and Chaos Heart, combined with all the other stuff.

Archie Sonic, however, is a different story: http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Sonic+the+Hedgehog+%28Archie%29

I don't know much about it but I've heard that tails is nigh-omnipotent and other broken crap, so I wouldn't be surprised if Archie Sonicverse>Marioverse.
Well if this is Sonic-Nazo Released then Hyper Shadic solos. :lol:

Miles Edgeworth
08-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Actually I think Sonicverse has Solaris or something, who can supposedly universe bust. That could probably give Marioverse a run for its money, but I can't think of anybody else in Sonic games who can actually pose a threat.

The 1st Hokage
08-14-2010, 12:15 PM
If it's games, they do get raped. No doubt about it, but if it's movie/cartoon/ect... feats, they win IMO.

Miles Edgeworth
08-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Archie Sonicverse is pure brokenness, it takes the strongest of universes to stand up to it. I mean, the OBD wiki says one character can crush a multiverse with his hand.

If that's the case then I'd say Marioverse would have very little chance of winning.

Without Archieverse though, Marioverse could probably win.

DSPR7
08-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Super Sonic and Super Shadow are atleast LS. "Light Speed Dash" kinda explains that.

Final Hazard has multiple forms I beleive, and they have immortal characters iirc. I'll have to find them in the wiki because I can't remember names.

Base Sonic tanked re-entry. Shadow was owning Sonic, and why make a thread if Marioverse rapes so badly. I'd also like to ask you for feats. Any proof they are FTL? any proof they can own Super Sonic and Shadow with Chaos Emeralds?

And that move lacks feats to back up its name. If a pebble going at the speed of light is a continent buster, 3 foot tall hedgehogs should be nigh planet busters. And yet they aren't. So this just proves you don't judge a move by its name.

Immortal is relative. The Marioverse has dozens of immortal characters, two of whom control life and death, a demoness, stars, dark stars, etc.

Paper Mario tanked reentry too, and he's one of Mario's weaker forms. Galaxy Bowser (Galaxy 2, anyway) fell through a ridiculous distance from space to earth. I made this thread because various people I know and/or have seen online seem to think that "Lol sonics winz cause of speedz" which I find to be bullcrap. In other words, it's to prove that the Marioverse is of decent power. Keep in mind I offered to remove some of that in order to even it out a little bit.

I never claimed anyone was FTL in the Marioverse, but many can teleport, so thats always a nice feature. Their TECH is FTL, since the Warp Stars allow you to travel light years in a few seconds, the Toad Ship can go at least that fast, and the Dark Fleet is superior to their ship.

Game Super Sonic is a bit of a joke dude. I've never seen him show FTL stuff, it took Sonic and Shadow together, max power, to handle a life wiper. The only interesting/useful power Super Sonic/Shadow has is teleportation and time slowing. But since Mario has four different ways (maybe only three if you nitpick) to freeze time, can flip between dimensions, and has thousands of other powers, those powers are useless. Mario, Luigi, and Bowser soloed a life wiper at almost 1/2 their full potential. In point of fact, Bowser could have soloed the Dark Star himself, but plot/game mechanics got in the way and forced Mario and Luigi in to take out half of its power. Nevertheless, Bowser was pwning the Dark Star, a potential life wiper, without many of his powers, and with no plot help. Mario, with only moderate help, took down the Shadow Queen, who's also a life wiper. (it's moderate because it only made her vulnerable, it didn't lower her attack power at all and the partners are worthless in most scenarios. The Yoshi can't even hurt her, for crying out loud. Course, they do make good meat shields.) And that was one of his weaker forms. Count Bleck definitely required plot, however. He's Multiversal, and that's impressive for any universe.

And yes, games only. Archie Sonic is rather non canon. Same goes for his anime/cartoon forms. Obviously Mario's comics/cartoons/anime are non canon as well.

DSPR7
08-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Archie Sonicverse is pure brokenness, it takes the strongest of universes to stand up to it. I mean, the OBD wiki says one character can crush a multiverse with his hand.

If that's the case then I'd say Marioverse would have very little chance of winning.

Without Archieverse though, Marioverse could probably win.

Chyep... Remember when he was just a cool little hedgehog that ran fast and saved forest animals? Yeah, me neither. :(

Along the lines of that (but not really) let us not forget that the Marioverse contains Earth, as in, our world. Hence, nukes. :D

321zigzag3
08-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Chyep... Remember when he was just a cool little hedgehog that ran fast and saved forest animals? Yeah, me neither. :(

Along the lines of that (but not really) let us not forget that the Marioverse contains Earth, as in, our world. Hence, nukes. :D

It contains Earth?

DSPR7
08-14-2010, 03:46 PM
It contains Earth?

Chyep. In the game Mario is Missing, Luigi travels over the world and learns about history. In Mario's Time Machine, Mario travels back in Earth's past to return objects Bowser stole. In Donkey Kong (original) Mario was a Brooklyn carpenter. This carried over into Wrecking Crew, though he became a plumber in Super Mario Bros, when he fought creatures that came from pipes. It was only in Super Mario Bros that he actually entered a different world, that of the Mushroom kingdom.

321zigzag3
08-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Chyep. In the game Mario is Missing, Luigi travels over the world and learns about history. In Mario's Time Machine, Mario travels back in Earth's past to return objects Bowser stole. In Donkey Kong (original) Mario was a Brooklyn carpenter. This carried over into Wrecking Crew, though he became a plumber in Super Mario Bros, when he fought creatures that came from pipes. It was only in Super Mario Bros that he actually entered a different world, that of the Mushroom kingdom.

Then mostly it is the entire different world.

By your logic we should give nukes and earth weaponry to Twilight because they live in earthe although its not part of their abilites at all.

Same applies to Marioverse if I recall right most of the time at least now a days barring the early ones not in Earth.

Nābris
08-14-2010, 03:54 PM

That, however, does not necessarily imply that Marioverse Earth has the same feats as RL Earth.

I've never seen or heard of nukes being affiliated with Marioverse. :lol:

DSPR7
08-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Then mostly it is the entire different world.

By your logic we should give nukes and earth weaponry to Twilight because they live in earthe although its not part of their abilites at all.

Same applies to Marioverse if I recall right most of the time at least now a days barring the early ones not in Earth.

The Marioverse contains multiple universes within it. By YOUR logic, we would discount them completely. Now, since all of Super Paper Mario takes place within other dimensions, does that mean that game is featless? Marioverse contains Earth, Earth contains Nukes. The Marioverse does not NEED these nukes, it has all the other crap I mentioned, and tons of stuff I didn't. The nuke thing was a joke. But nevertheless, unless you're going to say that Marioverse's Earth, which is identical to our own, does not have nukes, your argument is pointless.

About Twilight: The don't live on OUR earth. The Earth shown in Mario is canonically Earth, Bowser and co. come from the Mushroom Kingdom to Earth to wreak havoc. The Twilightverse has vampires and werewolves, which the real world does not. As such, it is NOT the real world.

321zigzag3
08-14-2010, 04:12 PM
The Marioverse contains multiple universes within it. By YOUR logic, we would discount them completely. Now, since all of Super Paper Mario takes place within other dimensions, does that mean that game is featless? Marioverse contains Earth, Earth contains Nukes. The Marioverse does not NEED these nukes, it has all the other crap I mentioned, and tons of stuff I didn't. The nuke thing was a joke. But nevertheless, unless you're going to say that Marioverse's Earth, which is identical to our own, does not have nukes, your argument is pointless.

Yeah except mainly in that Mushroom Kingdom incarnate.
The real Earth in mario was only in those 2 games and maybe few others in the early 90s and that was it.

Now who said discounting completely. All I said was you can't just suddenly just give earth weaponry to Marioverse just because canon Earth was in Mario so many years and never again.

About Twilight: The don't live on OUR earth. The Earth shown in Mario is canonically Earth, Bowser and co. come from the Mushroom Kingdom to Earth to wreak havoc. The Twilightverse has vampires and werewolves, which the real world does not. As such, it is NOT the real world.
Its Earth. It may be am alternate dimensional earth its still the real earth in the sense. Everyone knows that. ITs obvious. Except no ones gives nukes or guns because it isn't part of their arsenal. Just like with MArioverse.

Nābris
08-14-2010, 04:12 PM
So, by that logic, Flying turtles and Living missiles exist in the real world. Lulwut.

Furthermore, for the record, Twilight actually occurs on the planet Earth.

DSPR7
08-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Yeah except mainly in that Mushroom Kingdom incarnate.
The real Earth in mario was only in those 2 games and maybe few others in the early 90s and that was it.

Now who said discounting completely. All I said was you can't just suddenly just give earth weaponry to Marioverse just because canon Earth was in Mario so many years and never again.

Its Earth. It may be am alternate dimensional earth its still the real earth in the sense. Everyone knows that. ITs obvious. Except no ones gives nukes or guns because it isn't part of their arsenal. Just like with MArioverse.

Actually, basically none of Super Paper Mario takes place in the Mushroom Kingdom. Honestly, very little of Mario's overall adventures take place in the Mushroom Kingdom. More often, he's in a differenct country, dimension, world, or planet.

What's your point? If it appears multiple times in a canonical game, it's considered to be part of the verse. Now obviously if it had been one remote, unimportant game we would ignore it, but the very FIRST Mario game took place in Brooklyn. And so on and so forth.

That logic needs more logic. There is nothing to show that that Earth is identical to our own. It has illogical elements within it. The Mario Earth is identical, Mario simply visits it and originally came from there. We can logically assume that the Mario Earth is identical to our own, but the Twilight Earth has massive differences that could have changed dozens of things it its past. Nukes may not even exist! But the Mario Earth is identical to our own up until the 1980s, when Mario visited it and brought weirdness to it. Thus, we can assume it has nukes and weaponry before 1981. The Twilightverse has had shapeshifters, magic users, and vampires for thousands or millions of years, that could have radical influences on the evolution and history of the planet itself, which would leave a lasting impression on humanity, even if it is only subconscious. Saying that the Twilightverse is an alternate yet identical Earth is simply idiotic, since something as radically abnormal as vampires or werewolves would have a MASSIVE impact on their past. Just look at how important vampires and such are today in our society, and they're only myths! In fact, the Twilightverse is an illogical story anyway, since technically any universe containing such oddities would be completely different from our own.

DSPR7
08-15-2010, 01:46 PM
So, by that logic, Flying turtles and Living missiles exist in the real world. Lulwut.

Furthermore, for the record, Twilight actually occurs on the planet Earth.

It occurs on an alternate Earth so radically different from our own that it is illogical to assume that its history is identical. Nukes may not even exist. For instance, Superman exists on planet Earth too, but that Earth is nothing like our own, now is it? It's far more advanced overall.