PDA

View Full Version : Neji without Byakugan vs Sakura

Shikamaru Nara
08-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Open field.

No Byakugan.

FlyingThunderGod
08-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Neji because he is still smarter, and able to do rotation.

Mr. Dr.
08-06-2010, 06:39 PM
This thread is multi-forum deja vu.
But anyway... I still say Neji wins due to his ability to easily dodge and misdirect Sakura's blows. He can let out the occasional tiny hit and it while take a while but Sakura will eventually go down.

sage mangekyo
08-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Neji stomps because the most that Sakura's got is her Taijutsu and that is taken away with rotation.

Kuromaki
08-06-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm pretty sure Neji can still use Gentle Fist attacks, only he won't be as accurate with them without Byakugan.

He also has better speed, as shown with Kidomaru.

Akatsuki X
08-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Better speed and rotation means that Neji takes this.

Miles Edgeworth
08-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Wait, when has Neji shown anything without Byakugan?

He needs Byakugan to use Gentle Fist because if he can't find the chakra points, then Gentle Fist just isn't cutting it.

I highly doubt he can use Rotation either since he would have worse vision than usual and has almost never gone into combat without Byakugan.

I don't think Neji has shown the ability to do anything without Byakugan, it's like the Uchihas, they rely on their Sharingan for pretty much all of their competence. Until I see Neji do something of actual note without Byakugan, I'd say Sakura could probably take it.

MDR
08-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Sakura would probably win. Neji whole fighting style is set up around the Byagun. That is a serious handicap.

Kazumi Saitama
08-07-2010, 08:16 PM
What kind of match up is this? >/

I agree with Miles, Neji has not shown any abilities without the Byakugan, but I also agree with Kuromaki. Gentle Fist is basically excreting one's Chakra from Chakra points inside the body, so I would assume Neji can still use Gentle Fist without the Byakugan. However, due to the fact that he does not have the Byakugan, his hits would be extremely inaccurate.

I still say Neji would win.

This is a fudged up fight, by the way. Why take away his Kekkei Genkai?

Miles Edgeworth
08-07-2010, 08:23 PM
I would like to point out what the Naruto wiki says about Gentle Fist, I would link it but I don't know if I'm allowed to.

Because the chakra pathway system is invisible to the naked eye, the Byakugan is required for this style to be used effectively. Since the Byakugan is unique to the Hyuga Clan, it has become their signature style of combat.With that said, if Neji can't use Byakugan, how in the world is he possibly going to land a good hit on Sakura?

Adding on the fact that he hasn't shown the speed to blitz Sakura, without any reliable offensive techniques, or any at all for that matter, there isn't much stopping Sakura from punching the ground to knock him off balance and then attacking him.

If Neji actually had some offensive techniques that he's proven to use, no doubt he could defeat Sakura. However, this is basically the equivalent to fighting a Neji that is unable to attack the opponent through normal means. Somehow I doubt that Neji can use shuriken and kunai alone to take out Sakura, Gentle Fist would be much more reliable, but no Byakugan means no Gentle Fist.

Kazumi Saitama
08-07-2010, 08:36 PM
I would like to point out what the Naruto wiki says about Gentle Fist, I would link it but I don't know if I'm allowed to.

With that said, if Neji can't use Byakugan, how in the world is he possibly going to land a good hit on Sakura?

Adding on the fact that he hasn't shown the speed to blitz Sakura, without any reliable offensive techniques, or any at all for that matter, there isn't much stopping Sakura from punching the ground to knock him off balance and then attacking him.

If Neji actually had some offensive techniques that he's proven to use, no doubt he could defeat Sakura. However, this is basically the equivalent to fighting a Neji that is unable to attack the opponent through normal means. Somehow I doubt that Neji can use shuriken and kunai alone to take out Sakura, Gentle Fist would be much more reliable, but no Byakugan means no Gentle Fist.

As long as Neji has been using Gentle Fist and his Byakugan, do you not think he would be rather knowledgeable of human anatomy and the common locations of Chakra points? I would assume so. It would be like Tsunade or Kabuto using Medical Ninjutsu.

Neji has shown better speed feats than Sakura.

Nonetheless, Neji lacks Taijutsu that does physical damage.

Narutofan6
08-07-2010, 08:41 PM
`:)`:oops:`:)`:oops:`:)SAKURA DIES!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHA `:oops:

neji kicks asses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miles Edgeworth
08-07-2010, 08:42 PM
As long as Neji has been using Gentle Fist and his Byakugan, do you not think he would be rather knowledgeable of human anatomy and the common locations of Chakra points? I would assume so. It would be like Tsunade or Kabuto using Medical Ninjutsu.

Neji has shown better speed feats than Sakura.

Nonetheless, Neji lacks Taijutsu that does physical damage.

To an extent, yes. But knowledge alone won't help him to take out Sakura, and if he can't precisely land those hits, then he is at a clear disadvantage. If he doesn't know exactly where those points are, then the probability of him taking out Sakura without Byakugan is pretty low.

While Neji may have better movement speed, Sakura has shown pretty good reaction speed and would not be outright blitzed by Neji. At the least, she won't get curbstomped in two seconds solely because of speed.

The problem with Neji's fighting style is that it solely relies on inner body damage, and without being able to either target those spots or use powerful body strikes through a style such as Strong Fist, Neji's abilities are heavily reduced, to a point where he loses most of his competence.

J-Sun Tasogare
08-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Neji w/o Byakugan<Hinata
Sakura>Hinata
So therefore Sakura>Neji w/o Byakugan

If he tries to do rotation or 64 Palms she punches the ground, Gentle fists won't work if he even misses 1 chakra point, it's just a poke to the stomach, which leaves an opponening for Sakura to whack his head off.

Shikamaru Nara
08-08-2010, 11:12 AM
What kind of match up is this? >/

I agree with Miles, Neji has not shown any abilities without the Byakugan, but I also agree with Kuromaki. Gentle Fist is basically excreting one's Chakra from Chakra points inside the body, so I would assume Neji can still use Gentle Fist without the Byakugan. However, due to the fact that he does not have the Byakugan, his hits would be extremely inaccurate.

I still say Neji would win.

This is a fudged up fight, by the way. Why take away his Kekkei Genkai?

I'm a fudged up person. xD You should know that by now.

I did it because Neji Vs. Sakura with Byakugan would be too much of a stomp.

Shika-fiend
08-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Meh, Rotation spam won't work here. Without Byakugan, we don't really know Neji's power. Hell, we've barely seen him when he wasn't using Byakugan.
Sakura stomps with sheer strength and ability.

Wind Style Naruto
08-08-2010, 07:14 PM
I dont think the Hyugas even enter battle without their Byakugan. It would be almost like he would'nt be fighting. Plus I would say Hinata and Sakura are tied. However Neji can still strike Sakura's organs(like he did Hinata). Yet Sakura can still heal herself. However if Sakura lands a direct blow on Neji its basically over even if Neji survives the attack.

sakuras awesome
08-08-2010, 07:17 PM
definetly neji sakuras sorta weak well depends if its shippuden or normal

NagatoGod_of_Pain
08-08-2010, 07:35 PM
You guys forgot the godly Air Palm!! It can crush anything and Sakura would be dead in seconds! Neji Neji Neji Neji!

No but seriously, I don't see how a two finger poke can harm Sakura enough to beat her considering the fact that it doesn't plug her chakra points. The quote from Miles seems to be pretty valid and I reckon Sakura can land at least one punch, which would most likely break Neji.

Wind Style Naruto
08-08-2010, 07:40 PM
You guys forgot the godly Air Palm!! It can crush anything and Sakura would be dead in seconds! Neji Neji Neji Neji!

No but seriously, I don't see how a two finger poke can harm Sakura enough to beat her considering the fact that it doesn't plug her chakra points. The quote from Miles seems to be pretty valid and I reckon Sakura can land at least one punch, which would most likely break Neji.

Oh I forgot about his air palm as well as his Hazan Strike which can split a boulder in 2. Plus Sakura is really a fast puncer since she has to apply force from her chakra to increase her punching strength thus not making her punches fast like Neji's palms. When Sakura was fighting Kakashi she couldnt even hit him.

Miles Edgeworth
08-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Oh I forgot about his air palm as well as his Hazan Strike which can split a boulder in 2. Plus Sakura is really a fast puncer since she has to apply force from her chakra to increase her punching strength thus not making her punches fast like Neji's palms. When Sakura was fighting Kakashi she couldnt even hit him.

Air Palm is basically useless. As for Hazan Strike, it's filler.

I would like to mention the fact that Kakashi has proven himself to be faster than Neji in every conceivable way.

tigress108
08-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Hardly a match. Sakura relies on brute strength, with very little long-range capability besides throwing kunai, which Neji could easily combat even without his Byakugan. Her attacks are relatively direct and focused, making use of her power instead of speed. Although she is capable of throwing fast blows, I doubt they would be a match for Neji's taijutsu, which (regardless of Byakugan) is "the most effective form of taijutsu." Sakura is intelligent, but Neji is at least equally analytically capable. Neji's Gentle Fist style would send her reeling before she threw her first punch.

321zigzag3
08-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Ladies and gentlemen.

Here is the real and more urgent question that must be addressed.

What kind of power ups will Sakura Haruno receive by her "father" Kishimoto?

Miles Edgeworth
08-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Hardly a match. Sakura relies on brute strength, with very little long-range capability besides throwing kunai, which Neji could easily combat even without his Byakugan. Her attacks are relatively direct and focused, making use of her power instead of speed. Although she is capable of throwing fast blows, I doubt they would be a match for Neji's taijutsu, which (regardless of Byakugan) is "the most effective form of taijutsu." Sakura is intelligent, but Neji is at least equally analytically capable. Neji's Gentle Fist style would send her reeling before she threw her first punch.

Except Neji's taijutsu does little to nothing to Sakura because pokes aren't killing her. Without Byakugan, Gentle Fist is nothing more than pokes to the body, he just can't aim at the chakra points correctly, thus destroying any chance of him winning the battle.

Ladies and gentlemen.

Here is the real and more urgent question that must be addressed.

What kind of power ups will Sakura Haruno receive by her "father" Kishimoto?

Who knows, but that will have to be put on hold for a time with recent developments in the plot.

tigress108
08-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Except Neji's taijutsu does little to nothing to Sakura because pokes aren't killing her. Without Byakugan, Gentle Fist is nothing more than pokes to the body, he just can't aim at the chakra points correctly, thus destroying any chance of him winning the battle.

Hmm, that's something I forgot :) You definitely have a point there. After all, Sakura learned a few new tricks in Shippuden. I'm glad they finally gave her a role in the series other than yelling "Sasuke!" and fainting.

Lady Tsunade
08-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Honestly. I think Sakura takes it. Neji has somewhat better speed. But nothing overly dramatic that Sakura would be unable to keep up with. Without Byakugan, Neji can't see her chakra points. He won't know where to strike. Or at least,he couldn't strike any where near as accuratly as he normally could. If he does manage to flukily hit her chakra points, she can always just heal herself back. And healing a chakra point would require barely any chakra. All Neji really has is Air Palm, and Rotation, which don't really cut it. Especially when Sakura has ranged attacks like sleeping bombs to use.

One punch from Sakura ends it, while...who knows how many from Neji would end it. He'd be tired out by that stage anyway.

FlyingThunderGod
08-12-2010, 11:37 AM
You all make valid points but when did Sakura punches ever kill anyone? If anything according to feats it does nothing but give the person bulges on the face. Also Sakura is slow according to the 3rd data book her speed is only 3. While Neji speed is a whoping 4.5. Also he has more stamina then her keep that in mind, hers is 2.5 while his is 3.5.

This here is speculation, Neji can still preform gentle fist quite accurately. This is because he seen enough bodies and chakra points to know where the points. Also he still has jutsus like his empty palm, the stronger version Eight Trigrams Mountain Crusher, which means Neji still takes it. Sakura cant really do anything impressive

Lady Tsunade
08-12-2010, 11:49 AM
You all make valid points but when did Sakura punches ever kill anyone? If anything according to feats it does nothing but give the person bulges on the face. Also Sakura is slow according to the 3rd data book her speed is only 3. While Neji speed is a whoping 4.5. Also he has more stamina then her keep that in mind, hers is 2.5 while his is 3.5.

This here is speculation, Neji can still preform gentle fist quite accurately. This is because he seen enough bodies and chakra points to know where the points. Also he still has jutsus like his empty palm, the stronger version Eight Trigrams Mountain Crusher, which means Neji still takes it. Sakura cant really do anything impressive

We don't need to see Sakuras punches hit someone to know that they'd kill them. They solo giant Caterpillars and smash boulders. Nuff said. Databook is full of rubbish. It says Haku is lightspeed. A classic example of the databook being incorrect. Sakura isn't much of a speed beast but she isn't exactly slow. Neji is faster than her but not by a large margin. And I wouldn't say he has more stamina. He took a lot of kunai to the back. And had a giant arrow stuck through his body. And yeh , he could still fight... a bit. Thats a great stamina feat. Sakura got sliced several times by Iron Sand. Hit by an exploding tag at close range. Then was impaled by a poisoned sword, while on low chakra. She was still able to pull the sword out and heal herself. Her stamina is just as good as Nejis, if not perhaps better.

He knows roughly where they are. But he can't make quick and precise attacks with his Byakugan. It will take him time to work out where each point is. And that gives Sakura time to heal herself. Also, Mountain Crusher is non-canon. So it doesn't count.

Kon
08-12-2010, 11:56 AM
True if one her punches makes contact that could be it for him

FlyingThunderGod
08-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Sigh her punches are featless. Never seen her punch take someone out. I can break rock with my fist that doesnt mean i can kill them. (Dont downrep, tell me why i am wrong)

Kuromaki
08-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Sigh her punches are featless. Never seen her punch take someone out. I can break rock with my fist that doesnt mean i can kill them. (Dont downrep, tell me why i am wrong)
Her punches aren't featless. They can make craters and break rocks, and she was even able to punch away a block of iron sand that was likely several tons. A punch that strong is fully capable of taking someone out, especially depending on that person's durability feats.

Miles Edgeworth
08-12-2010, 04:33 PM

When did Neji without Byakugan ever kill someone? Heck, when did Neji without Byakugan ever HURT anybody? Sakura being able to do damage with her fists is better than a featless Neji doing absolutely nothing to his opponents. I am well aware that you hate Sakura but that is irrelevant, it does not change a thing.

And since when have the databooks been an accurate source for debates? They are always inaccurate and defy the manga.

So seeing bodies and knowing about chakra points means he can effectively use Gentle Fist? You have no proof of this claim. Without Byakugan, he cannot effectively use Gentle Fist, and any argument saying otherwise is wrong without proof. And the thing is, there isn't any proof.

Mountain Crusher is FILLER.

So being able to make huge craters in the ground, punching out huge mounds of Iron Sand, and other impressive feats are featless when compared to the Neji who HAS to use Byakugan in every fight he's in?

Unless you can actually give proof of Neji doing anything in a fight without Byakugan to help him that actually matters, your statement is invalid.

MrReces
08-12-2010, 06:41 PM
This is rape. Neji uses palms rotation and destroys any chance Sakura has to attacking because she relies solely on powerful Taijutsu.

The 1st Hokage
08-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Neji has shown nothing without Byakugan. Gentle Fist would be off, no more 360 degrees f vision. Sakura pounds him into the ground.

FlyingThunderGod
08-12-2010, 06:46 PM
When did Neji without Byakugan ever kill someone? Heck, when did Neji without Byakugan ever HURT anybody? Sakura being able to do damage with her fists is better than a featless Neji doing absolutely nothing to his opponents. I am well aware that you hate Sakura but that is irrelevant, it does not change a thing.

And since when have the databooks been an accurate source for debates? They are always inaccurate and defy the manga.

So seeing bodies and knowing about chakra points means he can effectively use Gentle Fist? You have no proof of this claim. Without Byakugan, he cannot effectively use Gentle Fist, and any argument saying otherwise is wrong without proof. And the thing is, there isn't any proof.

Mountain Crusher is FILLER.

So being able to make huge craters in the ground, punching out huge mounds of Iron Sand, and other impressive feats are featless when compared to the Neji who HAS to use Byakugan in every fight he's in?

Unless you can actually give proof of Neji doing anything in a fight without Byakugan to help him that actually matters, your statement is invalid.

Retard these are suppose to be hypothetical battles. So whatever you can think of goes, and yes i realize feats are important. And databooks though not accurate it gives you a rail on what to believe, for example Gai and Itachi speed are 5, while Kakashi is 4.5, clearly we know that Itachi and Gai is faster than Kakashi. Another example Naruto Stamina is 5 and Itachi is 2.5, will you say thats inaccurate, it seems pretty accurate.And there are NO FEATS for this Neji, might as well end this

Mod end this thread PLEASE

Miles Edgeworth
08-12-2010, 07:44 PM
This is rape. Neji uses palms rotation and destroys any chance Sakura has to attacking because she relies solely on powerful Taijutsu.

Because he's demonstrated this without Byakugan, right?

Retard these are suppose to be hypothetical battles. So whatever you can think of goes, and yes i realize feats are important. And databooks though not accurate it gives you a rail on what to believe, for example Gai and Itachi speed are 5, while Kakashi is 4.5, clearly we know that Itachi and Gai is faster than Kakashi. Another example Naruto Stamina is 5 and Itachi is 2.5, will you say thats inaccurate, it seems pretty accurate.And there are NO FEATS for this Neji, might as well end this

Except it lists Asuma and Neji as 4.5 in speed, despite people like Sasuke and Naruto being on that very tier of speed as well, so the databooks are wrong. They are a guideline, not the solve-all solution.

Itachi's stamina was only shown as low in Part 1, and in Part 2 he was basically dying from a disease and going terribly easy on Sasuke, yet still curbstomping him, making it seem that he was in no way going easy despite that fact. That EASILY puts his stamina as much higher than the databook says so.

NagatoGod_of_Pain
08-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Regarding the databooks, it also lists Neji at 3.5 stamina, the same as Orochimaru. Going further in, clicking on stamina leads to a page all about chakra. So the databooks say that the amount of chakra one has relates to how long a person lasts.

I'd like to know how Neji is in the same category as someone who can use oral rebirth plenty of times during a battle while Sasuke could only do it once. IIRC, Sasuke said it took about half his chakra. Sure both were tired at their respective times, but Orochimaru managed to fend off a 4-tailed Naruto in his weakened state. Also, getting punched in the face by Tsunade a couple of times and brushing it off like it was a slap is impressive.

The 1st Hokage
08-12-2010, 11:11 PM

So a n00b with 154 posts is telling us how to debate? The battles are indeed hypothetical, but unless you helped make the BG rules, you can't say what we can and can't use a proof. Also, don't flame and call us retards when you just showed how much you don't know. Databooks are innacurate 99.9% of the time unless you can provide feats that back it up.

Since Neji has not shown anything without Byakugan, he can't hit Sakura accurately, and when he misses/doesn't harm her, She'll simply punch his brains out.

FlyingThunderGod
08-13-2010, 02:15 AM
So a n00b with 154 posts is telling us how to debate? The battles are indeed hypothetical, but unless you helped make the BG rules, you can't say what we can and can't use a proof. Also, don't flame and call us retards when you just showed how much you don't know. Databooks are innacurate 99.9% of the time unless you can provide feats that back it up.

Since Neji has not shown anything without Byakugan, he can't hit Sakura accurately, and when he misses/doesn't harm her, She'll simply punch his brains out.

Dude im not telling you how to debate.;) What does me having 154 post has anything to do with anything. If i really wanted to i can just comment on everything and get my post past 5000.:idea: I dont use the Databooks extras, only the stats. Not that Haku is light speed, it says his speed is 4 and thats what i base my theories/thoughts on. I already agreed that this Neji has no "feats", so should be end of thread. And you and Miles are always teaming up and bashing. `:|

Vivi
08-13-2010, 02:24 AM
Byakugan is what gives the Hyuga's the ability to see the Chakra flow of a Person.

64 Palms without the Byakugan isn't proven to have worked yet.
Or more Neji hasnt shown to be able to use it without it.
I'm sure he can.But he wouldn't be as precise and would only be Palm Strikes against a girl who withstood a close-by Kunai Bomb.

About Rotation:
We can only argue the effect of Cherry Blossom's Impact towards it due to it coming from below.

Also is Sakura allowed to use her Sleeping Bombs?

Not sure if her Chakra Scalpel works here though due to Speed.

Kuromaki
08-13-2010, 03:22 AM
Byakugan is what gives the Hyuga's the ability to see the Chakra flow of a Person.

64 Palms without the Byakugan isn't proven to have worked yet.
Or more Neji hasnt shown to be able to use it without it.
I'm sure he can.But he wouldn't be as precise and would only be Palm Strikes against a girl who withstood a close-by Kunai Bomb.

About Rotation:
We can only argue the effect of Cherry Blossom's Impact towards it due to it coming from below.

Also is Sakura allowed to use her Sleeping Bombs?

Not sure if her Chakra Scalpel works here though due to Speed.
When has Sakura withstood a Kunai Bomb? Regardless, Neji can't strike accurately with no Byakugan.

Also Cherry Blossom Impact coming from below would likely make Neji stumble and unable to use Rotation, unless he jumps, but then he can't use it. And since he has no Byakugan how does he use that thing anyway?

Sleeping Bombs would let Sakura rape... literally but I thought she packed those only for that mission. So I wouldn't count them as standard equipment.

Vivi
08-13-2010, 03:28 AM
When has Sakura withstood a Kunai Bomb? Regardless, Neji can't strike accurately with no Byakugan.

Also Cherry Blossom Impact coming from below would likely make Neji stumble and unable to use Rotation, unless he jumps, but then he can't use it. And since he has no Byakugan how does he use that thing anyway?

Sleeping Bombs would let Sakura rape... literally but I thought she packed those only for that mission. So I wouldn't count them as standard equipment.

Didn't she let one off to escape one of Sasori's attacks?

My thoughts exactly.

Well that's fine too.

Kuromaki
08-13-2010, 04:06 AM
Didn't she let one off to escape one of Sasori's attacks?

My thoughts exactly.

Well that's fine too.
Oh the poison gas? Yeah. That's a nice durability feat on her part.

The 1st Hokage
08-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Dude im not telling you how to debate.;) What does me having 154 post has anything to do with anything. If i really wanted to i can just comment on everything and get my post past 5000.:idea: I dont use the Databooks extras, only the stats. Not that Haku is light speed, it says his speed is 4 and thats what i base my theories/thoughts on. I already agreed that this Neji has no "feats", so should be end of thread. And you and Miles are always teaming up and bashing. `:|
Well, 1, you called us retards and explained how you can use the Databooks, even though they are outdated and very innacurate. Good luck on those 5000 posts. :roll:

Once again, the stats are innacurate and outdated. Asuma = Sasuke in speed. That's ridiculous and everyone knows it, and just sayin', Firsties will smash, but he don't bash, unless he feels insulted, then I'm just an ass to people. :D

But with that being said, the Featless Neji is featless. His 360 degrees of vision are gone, his accuracy with trigrams and gentle fist are gone. He has nothing realy. Now, I find it to be a good idea to lock this, so I'll do that.