Shikamaru Nara
08-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Sai vs. Haku

Starting Distance: 50 meters;
Knowledge: None;
Restrictions: None;
State of Mind: IC.

--
Before somebody goes and says "Haku's faster than Sai so he wins," I'd like to point out that they're both equal in speed. Just faster than the eye can see. Possibly sonic. Given that, speed is not a factor here.

Sai makes an Ink Clone Technique: Sai can make a solid replica of himself using ink. Then he takes the skies while Haku is busy with the clone, and spams kunai, shuriken, etc.

Akatsuki X
08-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Wait, why did you post a thread, then put the outcome in it?

Anyways, Sai makes his pathetic little ink animals, while Haku sticks a needle in his jugular.

Nyruss
08-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Just because they are in the same speed grouping doesn't mean their speed is equal. If you want their speed to be equal say so.

Shika-fiend
08-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Sai's Ink Beasts can keep Haku busy while he either gets a surprise attack, or, like Shikamaru Nara said, spam lots of weapons like shuriken.

shikamarulover18
08-03-2010, 06:08 PM

Anyways, Sai makes his pathetic little ink animals, while Haku sticks a needle in his jugular.

props. this made me laugh.

i don't know if sai and haku are really equal to each other in speed.. but if that's your condition then whatev. but speed aside, i think haku's jutsus are just more formidable. if he catches sai in that ice mirror jutsu that he had naruto and sasuke in, i don't think sai could beat it easily. sai does have adequate cloning ability, but his clones, like all clones, fall apart after being hit once...i mean..haku could only fall for that so many times before he targets the real sai. i also don't think sai taking to the air would help him much either. haku could easily send a needle through his ink creatures and then sai would be screwed. i definitely think haku would take the win in this battle. ink probably just isn't the best match for ice..(and speed) (sorry--i just had to put that in haha)

Shikamaru Nara
08-04-2010, 04:26 AM

It's my debate to get it started faster.

maikel death
08-04-2010, 04:36 AM

most likely your correct but who knows?

Shikamaru Nara
08-04-2010, 04:46 AM
I'd like you to elaborate. I'll counter.

Phoenix Wright
08-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Equal Speed or not Haku stomps this. What's Sai gonna do with his ink beasts? Will it really do anything while he's getting barraged with senbon in Crystal Ice mirrors?

The mechanics of Crystal Ice Mirrors make it lightspeed, its not that Haku's speed himself actually is. He reflects himself off the mirrors, and that's well, Light traveling, so, yeah. It doesn't matter if speed is equal though because there's not much Sai could do anyway.

So? He can fly, big deal, he's just gonna hit the top mirrors and fall back down, while getting barraged by Senbon all the while.

He hasn't shown any impressive durability feats, so we can't exactly say how much he could take. Probably not much.

Shino Hatake
08-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Equal Speed or not Haku stomps this. What's Sai gonna do with his ink beasts? Will it really do anything while he's getting barraged with senbon in Crystal Ice mirrors?

The mechanics of Crystal Ice Mirrors make it lightspeed, its not that Haku's speed himself actually is. He reflects himself off the mirrors, and that's well, Light traveling, so, yeah. It doesn't matter if speed is equal though because there's not much Sai could do anyway.

So? He can fly, big deal, he's just gonna hit the top mirrors and fall back down, while getting barraged by Senbon all the while.

He hasn't shown any impressive durability feats, so we can't exactly say how much he could take. Probably not much. Sai makes Ink Hawk and flies HIGH in to the air to avoid the large scale of the Ice Mirrors. As well as this he makes Ink clone to take his place. Light speed? LOLWUT? No one in Naruto is even close to Light speed. Reflection or not Haku has to move through the mirrors to get a hit as welll as fire down a attack decreasing the speed. One Flaw in her justu is the fact that it comes down from all directions. Soon as Sai gets trapped. Ink clone before she makes her move of targets him. Seabon < Ink Clone.

Flying has a good effect. In the battle of Haku vs Naruto/Sasuke. The height of the whole justu was MAYBE 20 feet at best. Because the forest in Naruto 4 tail form and Orich was at least 30 feet and the Hawk flew over that he can avoid the location of the Justu.

No Durability Feats??? Ink Clones as well as Ink Beats are his durability. Endless probably. One Half Seal is all he needs. Or Prep which OP said that it did not have/have any so anything is possibly.

Phoenix Wright
08-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Sai makes Ink Hawk and flies HIGH in to the air to avoid the large scale of the Ice Mirrors. As well as this he makes Ink clone to take his place. Light speed? LOLWUT? No one in Naruto is even close to Light speed. Reflection or not Haku has to move through the mirrors to get a hit as welll as fire down a attack decreasing the speed. One Flaw in her justu is the fact that it comes down from all directions. Soon as Sai gets trapped. Ink clone before she makes her move of targets him. Seabon < Ink Clone.

Flying has a good effect. In the battle of Haku vs Naruto/Sasuke. The height of the whole justu was MAYBE 20 feet at best. Because the forest in Naruto 4 tail form and Orich was at least 30 feet and the Hawk flew over that he can avoid the location of the Justu.

No Durability Feats??? Ink Clones as well as Ink Beats are his durability. Endless probably. One Half Seal is all he needs. Or Prep which OP said that it did not have/have any so anything is possibly.
And what will flying do when he's caught in the mirrors? Like I said he's gonna fall back down and get raped by more Senbon.

50 Meters isn't a lot for the Narutoverse, before Sai has the chance to make an Ink Hawk he's gonna be under the jutsu and being hit by a rain of Senbon.

So Haku doesn't go inside? The only flaw in his jutsu is that he went for Naruto, that was the only reason Sasuke nearly caught up to him, he wasn't reflecting himself, it was a real Shunshin. I don't see how coming down from all directions is a flaw.

Senbon>>>Ink Clone actually, one Senbon took out Naruto clones one by one each.

That's not durability, that's a clone. Anything isn't possible, his ink clones won't survive and even if he makes Ink Clones where will he go? They aren't endless and it never showed him tanking any attacks meanwhile.

Haku raped all of Naruto's clones plus Naruto with just senbon, Shadow Clone>>>Ink Clones.

ko lee
11-24-2010, 09:18 PM
If pts Sasuke could keep up with Haku, Sai could easily keep up with him. This is an easy win for Sai, face it in all honesty anyone past genin level could have defeated Haku. The reason I am saying this is if Naruto realease a tiny amount of kyubii chakra could defeat anyone pasted genin can.

Kuromaki
11-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Wait wait what? Sai wins this. 50m in the forest of death, what's stopping him from flying up, making a bunch of ink beasts and bombarding Haku? Snakes too, when Haku's been restrained he can't really do anything.

Then there's the ink guardians to worry about... Actually Haku won't be worrying about them since he has no knowledge. Much better for Sai.

Crystal ice mirrors need a water source anyway, Sai would have to be near the river area for Haku to do anything with it, and he would have to be close to Haku, but he's generally a long ranged fighter. In taijutsu he should win too. Haku didn't show very impressive base speed against Pre-Chunin Exams Sasuke, while Sai at least managed to stop an attack from Part 2 Sasuke.

deidara330
11-25-2010, 10:22 AM
As far as I'm concerned Haku and Sai are both at Peak Human speed unless someone proves otherwise.

In which case the distance being 50 meters means Haku will probably lose. Sai can simply use his Ink Bird to go up into the air, from then on there's nothing Haku can do. Sai's bird can dodge needles easily at a far enough distance and Sai can use Ink Beasts to attack Haku. And like Kuromaki said, Haku's Ice Style and Water Style require a source of water. Even if Haku could use Ice Mirrors, Sai can fly out of range before Haku even gets the chance, considering I have yet to see any proof of Haku moving a distance of 50 meters before Sai can take his Ink Bird and fly away.

crystalblade13
11-27-2010, 08:42 PM
peeek human speed??? are you...high? sai surprised diedara and sasori with his speed in the newest chapter. he insta-teleports behind haku and one shots him with the god drawings. this is a huge stomp for sai.

mrsticky005
01-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Haku is faster and can use the mirrors in the sky. Haku wins.

NBT
01-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Concerning ink barrage,Haku use Ice Shield.That simple.Sai loses.

deidara330
01-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Thread locked. The match is made invalid by the fact that since this was made, Haku's gained a new jutsu, and one of the jutsu he's already had has shown a previously unknown effect. The opinions of people who posted earlier in this thread are likely to have changed, and I want to avoid people misinterpreting them. If someone would like to debate this, either with Haku's new feats or with his old ones, they should make a new thread.