PDA

View Full Version : Voldemort VS Shikamaru

deidara330
07-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Speed is equalized. Shikamaru gets full knowledge on Voldemort's powers and 10 minutes prep time. Who wins?

EdFry
07-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Well I guess it depends on whether Vold. can get off a killing curse before Shikamaru can shadow posses him.

With the right conditions I believe Shikamaru wins but my HP lore is off, can't Voldimort use spells without having to cast them?

Edit:

I have to admit my Harry Potter knowledge has slipped a bit but i'll think of some good counter arguments.

If even one horcrux remains then it doesn't matter how badly Shikamaru obliterates the Dark Lord he can still come back. Personally I believe if it is just Voldemort and Shikamaru with the knowledge advantage and prep time I think Shikamaru could win.

It seems that no matter what the situation is Shika can think up something fast, even when facing opponents he has no information on. Given that he knows everything then that just isn't very fair. Shikamaru is going to win based on that alone. Prep time just makes it a one-sided fight.

Glad to hear some counter arguments though.

Lone Wolf
07-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Voldemort raped with Fiendfyre.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
07-29-2010, 05:36 PM
I'd give this to Voldemort because of two words, "Avada Kadavra".

The 1st Hokage
07-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Shadow Sewing or Shadow strangle most likely take it. The Killing Curse is slow. Harry reacted to it. Shika can dodge it.

Lone Wolf
07-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Shadow Sewing or Shadow strangle most likely take it. The Killing Curse is slow. Harry reacted to it. Shika can dodge it.

Fiendfyre.

LOL @ Shikamaru beating Voldemort with Kagenui.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
07-29-2010, 05:41 PM
Voledmort apparates before Shika gets him.

Nyruss
07-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Speed is equalized.
There is no possible way for Voldemort to ever lose this fight ever.

SageoftheSixPaths
07-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Aresto Momentum/ Imperius + Avada Kadavra = GG

There is no possible way Shikamaru could win even with normal speed. Voldemort's kept up with a Firebolt that can reach 200 mph and can read your thoughts.

Vex
07-29-2010, 07:35 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/b8wayq.jpgVoldy flashes a toothy smile, Shika gets caught off guard like a mofo, giving Voldemort a chance to use Avada Kadavra.

Lavitz Slambert
07-29-2010, 07:40 PM
But Shikamaru has Shadow possession jutsu. He will dominate him.

Nyruss
07-29-2010, 07:43 PM
He's gonna have a hard time dominating anyone when he's getting the crap Avada Kedavraed out of him. Even in the unlikely event that Shikamaru somehow managed to capture Voldy, it won't hold him for longer than it would take for Voldy to teleport away.

Akatsuki X
07-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Voldemort kill's him in the amount of time it takes to say Avada Kadavra.

DSPR7
07-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Voldemort is one of the highest ranking wizards on the planet at the time of the stories. He doesn't need to say his spells, as proven by his fight with Dumbly in the Order of the Phoenix. Almost all of that fight was silent, which is why Harry was like "lolwut?" about all the spells.

Voldemort uses Imperius and makes Shika walk off a cliff, then brings him back as an Inferi and burns him with Fiend Fyre. Just for fun.

Abel Uchiha
07-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Voldemort wins in 2 seconds. Shikamaru can only use Shadows. Voldemort can turn shadows into ur worst knightmare and then put a "die 2000 times" spell on u.

Black Shuck
07-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Voldy:
- Disillusionment charm on himself
- Stay off the ground
- Legilimency / Imperius curse
- Spam curses (Fiendfyre, AK and such)

Shika:
- Dead :[

(But we never know.... Shika is a true genius after all)

Nyruss
07-30-2010, 11:44 AM
People keep saying that but I haven't seen much to suggest he actually is other than the fact that he plays Shogi, which is just a Smart People Play Chess cliche.

Black Shuck
07-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Before Shikamaru vs. Hidan came out I doubt anyone would have guessed Shikamaru can beat him.

But in this case after Voldy goes into invisible mode, Shika is outta luck. Technically we can't guess Shikamaru's counters since we don't have IQ score of 200< :}

Akatsuki X
07-30-2010, 11:57 AM
I agree, people keep saying that Shikamaru can win all of these fights simply because he's smart, it's annoying.

gama-sennin
07-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Voldemort wins this. Not that I have anything original to add but Voldy can fly so the shadow is meaningless and then he uses the Chameleon charm making himself invisible. Then he proceeds to appear right above shika and blasts him to pieces or roasts with fiend fyre.

Black Shuck
07-30-2010, 12:06 PM
I agree, people keep saying that Shikamaru can win all of these fights simply because he's smart, it's annoying.- Shika's best weapon is his brains. Not shadow techniques.
- NO, he CAN NOT win all fights. That's ridiculous.
- Relatively his would-be counters are the hardest to guess.

Akatsuki X
07-30-2010, 01:22 PM
- Shika's best weapon is his brains. Not shadow techniques.
- NO, he CAN NOT win all fights. That's ridiculous.
- Relatively his would-be counters are the hardest to guess.

Well maybe in the series his brains are the best weapon.
But in debates, it's impossible to determine whether his intellect could pull a win for him.

So his intelligence is not considered a factor in fights.

Black Shuck
07-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Well maybe in the series his brains are the best weapon.
But in debates, it's impossible to determine whether his intellect could pull a win for him.

So his intelligence is not considered a factor in fights.Yep. Can't help it.. but debates are awfully inaccurate.

Roiyaru Ookami
07-31-2010, 11:34 PM
Depends...
If Shika pins him before Voldie fires off a killing curse, then he'd win.
However, he'd need to have already destroyed the Horcruxes, and it's not like they'd be there like how Kakuzu's hearts were.

DSPR7
08-01-2010, 06:54 AM
Why does everyone think Shikamaru pinning Voldemort is gonna do anything? The shadow thing clearly doesn't affect how their minds work, and all Voldemort needs to do is think his curses. Remember, it's been said througout the series that competent wizards are capable of thinking their attacks. I'm pretty sure if Hermione can do it, the most powerful wizard (sans Dumbly) in the world can do better.

Akatsuki X
08-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Depends...
If Shika pins him before Voldie fires off a killing curse, then he'd win.
However, he'd need to have already destroyed the Horcruxes, and it's not like they'd be there like how Kakuzu's hearts were.

Voldemort can uses spells by thinking them, meaning that Shika pinning him is a no go.

Shikamaru Nara
08-01-2010, 08:14 AM
I agree, people keep saying that Shikamaru can win all of these fights simply because he's smart, it's annoying.

Even a Shikatard like me can admit that it is pissing the crap out of me in the ass. xD

Akatsuki X
08-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Right?
I mean,
"ohh Skikamaru can beats Deva path becaze heS suupa smart ands he can find a way
to win"

Seriously?

Teddie
08-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Apparation
Fiendfyre
Snakerape.
Inferi
Oh Wait, Voldemort has a plethora of times he can die.
Not that he needs them
Time Slow
Flight
Shield Charms
Stunning Spells
Cruciatus
Imperius
Avada Kedavra

Heyhihowyadern, Shikamaru?
Dead?
Thats a shame.

Black Shuck
08-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Why does everyone think Shikamaru pinning Voldemort is gonna do anything? The shadow thing clearly doesn't affect how their minds work, and all Voldemort needs to do is think his curses. Remember, it's been said througout the series that competent wizards are capable of thinking their attacks. I'm pretty sure if Hermione can do it, the most powerful wizard (sans Dumbly) in the world can do better.
We don't know for sure whether or not shadow possession stops one from (ex.) apparating away.
If you're talking about "non-verbal" spells, there're good number of wizards who can do that. But a wand is essential. (Plus wand moment if aiming is necessary)
Or are you referring to wandless magic? (It's never mentioned Hermione been able to do that though)

We needn't go that far-- with speed equalized, disillusionment charm and flying do the trick.

@Teddie: What the heck is "Time Slow"?

Spleen Boy
08-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Teleportation
Flight
Fynd Fire
All the curses.

More and more. Listen even if it were possible for shikamaru to know everything there was about voldemort which is pretty much impossible, it wouldnt do much good, because his spells are so powerful and so impossible to stop and so varied for different situations there would be nothing for him to do. it is a stomp. Even with equal speed. Fynd fire alone wins this.

Shikamaru couldn't catch him. He can turn into smoke! Even if he caught him with his shadow that wouldnt work, and on top of that, even if he only needed his shadow for a second to setp up a plan, the shield spells basically prevent Voldemort from being killed by any weapon or mortal based weaponry. A trap would be pointless.

J-Sun Tasogare
08-01-2010, 10:43 AM
He uses the Tortue curse until Shikamaru dies.

Shika-fiend
08-01-2010, 12:00 PM
My knowledge on HP isn't what it used to be, but here goes.

Vold. can stomp Shika with his invisibility charm. Just because Shika's smart doesn't mean he can win. Sometimes Power>>>Intelligence. In this fight, that's the case.

/Looks at username
LOL I'm sort of a betrayer.

Roiyaru Ookami
08-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Voldemort can uses spells by thinking them, meaning that Shika pinning him is a no go.

True.
I dunno- looks like he's sol unless he's got Dumbledore and a pheonix hidden somewhere in his pants.

Anyone else noticed that some people have turned it into a way of saying whether or not they think Naruto is better than Harry Potter thread?
Don't take it so personally- they really aren't comparable in the first place.

Akatsuki X
08-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Well if your doing it verse-wise, then Narutoverse wins.

Unless you count the real world in the Harry Potter verse, which has nukes.

Roiyaru Ookami
08-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Well if your doing it verse-wise, then Narutoverse wins.

Unless you count the real world in the Harry Potter verse, which has nukes.

True.
But my point was that it's supposed to be a Shikamaru vs Voldemort, not Narutoverse vs Potterverse.

Anyway, if Shika had the ability to run fast(like most ninja's do, and yet somehow he doesn't) then he could dodge Voldie's spells, but pretty much his skills are all back up techniques for when he has teammates, which he doesn't have, unless you count the ability to get stabby with the shadows, but it would use a whole lot of chakra.

Voldie's abilities don't rely on chakra or energy, it's unlimited. And he does not need any teammates at all.

Pretty much unless there's some sort of miracle on Shika's part, he's gonna get owned....

DSPR7
08-02-2010, 03:04 PM
We don't know for sure whether or not shadow possession stops one from (ex.) apparating away.
If you're talking about "non-verbal" spells, there're good number of wizards who can do that. But a wand is essential. (Plus wand moment if aiming is necessary)
Or are you referring to wandless magic? (It's never mentioned Hermione been able to do that though)

We needn't go that far-- with speed equalized, disillusionment charm and flying do the trick.

@Teddie: What the heck is "Time Slow"?

I was referring to both in an indirect fashion. Though wandless magic has only been mentioned by Ollivander and shown by Voldy while possessing Quirrel. We don't know it's full potential. But since Dumbledore outdrew a room full of trained Ministry operatives (who already had their wands out) and Voldy reacts to him with ease, I'm guessing he gets the wand out before Shikamaru can immobilze him. And then it's just a quick thought... Dead.