PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 503 Discussion

somerandomgirl14
07-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Ouuuuuuuuut!!! Discuss! :p

zerosameri
07-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Your supposed to make this WHEN the chapter comes out. Hence the discussion, there is nothing to even discuss.

Err
07-21-2010, 07:44 PM
This leads to one obvious conclusion. somerandomgirl14 is from the future. In the future, they have much to discuss.

narulvr
07-21-2010, 08:28 PM
that was the saddest thing i have ever read ever

somerandomgirl14
07-21-2010, 08:29 PM
This leads to one obvious conclusion. somerandomgirl14 is from the future. In the future, they have much to discuss.

Actually, it's because I built a time machine next Friday.

trouble88
07-21-2010, 08:33 PM
guys it out and it was heartwarm I crying and I happy that naruto family care so much about that was an epic CP

Err
07-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Minato is one bad mofo.

PlatonicZombie
07-21-2010, 08:51 PM
`~( I was choking-up as I was reading. Very very sad and at the same time a bit heartwarming. Err is right. Minato is indeed a bad mofo. It looks like the only way to beat Tobi is to use extremely quick speed.

RasenshurikenSk8boarder
07-21-2010, 08:58 PM
im glad they finally showed how minato and kushina truly died...and why the hokage chose naruto to seal the fox within....what an amazing chapter

Blind Uchiha
07-21-2010, 09:02 PM
I hate the major plot inconsistency caused by the fact that Minato only sealed half of the kyuubi in Naruto. That would make Madara's whole plan to recreate the Juubi moot since the other half is sealed in the Reaper Death god.

All in all, this sounds like an interesting chapter. I hope they switch back to the current time line next week.

RicenChicken
07-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Well the Reaper sealed minato and the fox. BUT minato appeared in his mind, and kushina said you were only suppose to get the will of the fox for all its chakra. but naruto got all of it, IIRC from past chapter lines.

zerosameri
07-21-2010, 09:37 PM
This was a lame chapter to my surprise.

Emil
07-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Epic.:cry:

FlyingThunderGod
07-21-2010, 10:01 PM
really good chapter, filled in the blanks for me

Wooster
07-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Finally a decent explanation. Half the Nine tails is sealed with the Demon Death Seal and half in Naruto with eight trigrams seal.

I guess that makes sense. Kishimoto has finally fixed the retcon problem started with that Jiraiya crap.`:|

somerandomgirl14
07-21-2010, 10:19 PM
^^

Huzzah for Jiraiya crap!

I thought it was good... though, there was one part I found odd.

Where the third just randomly collapsed during the fight. I really didn't know what that was/

Wooster
07-21-2010, 10:20 PM
He's old give him a break.

WindScar22
07-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Well, this was a nice chapter. I liked it. The family cares so much about eachother and all that.

somerandomgirl14
07-21-2010, 10:21 PM
That's true, Wooster.

Also, BEWARE KUSHINA'S CHAINS OF DOOM!!!

WindScar22
07-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Madara, Nine-Tails and chains, oh my!

somerandomgirl14
07-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Psh... chains trump anything. Even Madara.

I think I moved up on the crazy scale.

Wooster
07-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Really? I have seen you much crazier. Have you taken your medicine today?

Stop! :lol:

somerandomgirl14
07-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah... I took... half of it.

IT GIVES ME A HEADACHE!!!

The voices in my head say not too!!

Psh, naw, it's because I'm sleep deprived.

checkers613
07-21-2010, 10:35 PM
This chapter was amazing and emotional`:(. I finally got my long awaited explanation of what happened 16 years ago, and thank god the fourth broke Madara's MC Hammer can't touch this jutsu;). The only thing I want from Naruto now is for him to go confront Hinata:mad:.

Err
07-22-2010, 12:35 AM
This chapter was amazing and emotional`:(. I finally got my long awaited explanation of what happened 16 years ago, and thank god the fourth broke Madara's MC Hammer can't touch this jutsu;). The only thing I want from Naruto now is for him to go confront Hinata:mad:.

You are assuming that Tobi is Madara. There is strong evidence for this but it's not known for certain. I'll just keep calling Tobi, Tobi.

Yori
07-22-2010, 12:36 AM
The hype around Minato, he lived up to it. But I have two things now:

1. Tobi maybe lying he's madara. If he truly is Madara then the hype he is living up too sucks pretty bad. Madara was said to be the strongest Uchiha ever, even if he lost a chunk of him he should of been able to put up more than a decent fight. Also him losing control of the Fox that easily is questioned. Having the Sharingan, MS, and EMS, Madara is hands down the strongest eye user throughout history in the Uchiha. How can he lose control that easy?

2. Until Kishi shows us the third in his prime, Minato was the strongest Hokage ever. (Could be the second Hokage since he used Teleportation too)

FlyingThunderGod
07-22-2010, 12:51 AM

1. Tobi maybe lying he's madara. If he truly is Madara then the hype he is living up too sucks pretty bad. Madara was said to be the strongest Uchiha ever, even if he lost a chunk of him he should of been able to put up more than a decent fight. Also him losing control of the Fox that easily is questioned. Having the Sharingan, MS, and EMS, Madara is hands down the strongest eye user throughout history in the Uchiha. How can he lose control that easy?

2. Until Kishi shows us the third in his prime, Minato was the strongest Hokage ever. (Could be the second Hokage since he used Teleportation too)

Well he is losing to Minato. One of the greatest in the village and in the history in the village. Anyways the next generation is suppose to be stronger. MINATO is on another LEVEL

Yori
07-22-2010, 12:59 AM
Well he is losing to Minato. One of the greatest in the village and in the history in the village. Anyways the next generation is suppose to be stronger. MINATO is on another LEVEL

Naruto already somewhat surpassed Minato.

shikamarulover18
07-22-2010, 01:11 AM
spoilers ahead..obviously.
geez that chapter was depressing...just seeing minato and kushina's faces when they both realized that they were going to die...it's so sad. and then the first (or second?) page of the chapter is the color picture of them all having breaking with a grown naruto...it's just like--that's what their lives should have been...

this chapter really made me love minato and kushina even more, but minato especially. he's so smart. he really does not get enough credit. look at how far he planned ahead for naruto and all the things he had to do in the heat of battle! before he could even get over naruto's birth, he gets attacked by an absurdly skilled ninja who threatens baby naruto and kushina and releases the kyuubi. and minato didn't hesitate! he took naruto and kushina to safety and still dealt with tobi so well!! and after he finished off tobi, he went to take on the nine-tails! it's like--can this dude get a break?? he's so incredible! to have done all these things in succession--that's gotta be so hard. not to mention--he did all of this after watching CHILDBIRTH. (of course that's not as bad as kushina who actually went through the child birth--but watching that can be mentally taxing too). but anyways. just saying. i have some intense respect for that guy.

p.s. did anyone else think the whole 'kurenai needs to have a baby' thing was random?...i guess in context of what was happening at the time, it just struck me as random and unecessary.. i do like kurenai though. i just didn't think that needed to be in there when the real focus of the chapter is minato vs. tobi and kyuubi/death by seals.

zerosameri
07-22-2010, 01:14 AM

1. Madara is all ways playing around even in serious fight. I think he just under estimated Minato's power. Don't forget he was using his basic sharingan, I bet if he was using his MS he wouldn't of has lost the Genjutsu on the Kyuubi

2. I think the 1st is a tad stronger than Minato, plus we have no clue who strong the 2nd is.

mrsticky005
07-22-2010, 01:45 AM
So I guess we got to see Kurenai's daddy.

Chapter was alright.

gama-sennin
07-22-2010, 01:50 AM
p.s. did anyone else think the whole 'kurenai needs to have a baby' thing was random?...i guess in context of what was happening at the time, it just struck me as random and unecessary.. i do like kurenai though. i just didn't think that needed to be in there when the real focus of the chapter is minato vs. tobi and kyuubi/death by seals.

Actually its in sync with the whole "protect the king" thingy and also konoha's philosophy of passing the the will of fire to the next generation. You can also think of it as a ploy to stop the kids from going into the battle, as the thought of making a baby with Kurenai is wayyy better than fighting the nine-tails.

About the chapter:

The second page totally rocks. Kushina' hair look exactly like tails of the fox. Also J-man lives upto his character in the brief flashback. Tobi's compliment to Minato again proves that Tobi is a good guy in old English knight style, capable of complimenting their enemy for their skills.

Now Minato has also shown the same power as Tobi by teleporting 9-tails from one place to other.

Phariah824
07-22-2010, 06:36 AM
i enjoyed it very much. was sad seeing that Naruto as a baby had such a huge weight placed on his shoulders. his parents making the sacrifice for the future and yet planning leave pieces of themselves behind for him.

one curious thing i seen, we have been led to believe that when a jinkuri dies the tailed beast dies w/ them. but Kushina says that it would be banished for an unknown amount of time if she brought it back into herself and died w/ it. that seems to be a better fit imo.

all in all very nice chapter. cant wait to see Naruto flex his chakra muscles as Sage and full controlled jinkuri.

Lady Tsunade
07-22-2010, 07:04 AM
Awesome chapter.
I officially love Kushina >_>

Anru
07-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Awesome chapter.
I officially love Kushina >_>

yes but also sad nexst chapter I think Naruto will go afhter Man with the mask who call him self Madara and I hope he will kill him

Kon
07-22-2010, 07:11 AM
idk but Minato's speed allowed him to use that Rasengasn without effort i dont care if he never mastered it to the next level or not he created it and he definetly knows how to use it with Speed and he was also ready to get little baby naruto out of the way

now the next chapter will probably focus on the entire Fox vs Minato fight rather then just the sealing part

Anru
07-22-2010, 07:13 AM
idk but Minato's speed allowed him to use that Rasengasn without effort i dont care if he never mastered it to the next level or not he created it and he definetly knows how to use it with Speed and he was also ready to get little baby naruto out of the way

now the next chapter will probably focus on the entire Fox vs Minato fight rather then just the sealing part

or that and how Naruto gets angry xd

LilHinataGirl
07-22-2010, 07:27 AM
I cried when kushina was sacrificing herself to save her husband and child!!! What made me even more sad is when minato was gonna die too............*cries* TT^TT

Kon
07-22-2010, 07:28 AM
I cried when kushina was sacrificing herself to save her husband and child!!! What made me even more sad is when minato was gonna die too............*cries* TT^TT

well true but he actually uses his own sacrificial jutsu

LilHinataGirl
07-22-2010, 07:29 AM
well true but he actually uses his own sacrificial jutsu

Nu freaking dur u think i dunt freaking no tht?!

Kon
07-22-2010, 07:36 AM
Nu freaking dur u think i dunt freaking no tht?!
i didnt say you didnt know that i was juts saying calm down geez >.<

Anru
07-22-2010, 07:50 AM
Guys this not a fighting thread remember^^

trouble88
07-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Finally a decent explanation. Half the Nine tails is sealed with the Demon Death Seal and half in Naruto with eight trigrams seal.

I guess that makes sense. Kishimoto has finally fixed the retcon problem started with that Jiraiya crap.`:|
I thought the Jiraya stuff was really good it added more details to the story
I enjoyed the Kurenai and Iruka scenes
agree these scenes was good

Wooster
07-22-2010, 09:12 AM
I thought the Jiraya stuff was really good it added more details to the story

agree these scenes was good
Details that didn't make a lick of sense from what we have been told before.`:|

mrsticky005
07-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Details that didn't make a lick of sense from what we have been told before.`:|

How so?

Rezeon
07-22-2010, 09:26 AM
one curious thing i seen, we have been led to believe that when a jinkuri dies the tailed beast dies w/ them. but Kushina says that it would be banished for an unknown amount of time if she brought it back into herself and died w/ it. that seems to be a better fit imo.

Yeah, I caught that too. I had always had my doubts about if the Kyuubi would actually die with Naruto or not, it always seemed like a weird weakness to have never been exploited in all the history of the jinchuuriki.

So I'm guessing when the host dies the demon's chakra simply gets dispersed back into nature only to slowly form back together later. Taking that into consideration it makes more sense why the demons were so feared, as they could never truely be killed.

It was nice seeing the Jiraiya flashback where he speculates about Minato being the chosen one. After seeing him consider both Nagato and Naruto it is nice to know he also gave Minato some serious thought as well.

The Kurenai cameo felt very random compared to the Iruka one. I had always been under the impression that she had only come to the village when she was older... I could of swore at one point they made a comment about the 3rd being the one who invited her to become a Leaf ninja after acknowledging her self trained genjutsu skills, but I guess that was probably from one of the anime filler episodes so it doesn't count... I think that whole comment from her dad about having a baby was simply Kishi's way of letting us fans know that he didn't forget about her after the Pain arc.

I realize this is kind of minor, but I wonder how those chains of Kushina's are going to be portrayed when they are animated... are they suppossed to be solid summoned chains, or are they glowing chakra chains?

RasenshurikenSk8boarder
07-22-2010, 09:45 AM
I belive everyone here agrees with me that tobi is a complete ;););););););) for having taken the nine tails and sent it to attack the village....i hope he dies a gruesome death >___>btw...teleportation...is there a chance even naruto can learn this? because without this, i doubt he has a fair chance with tobi...minato only had a chance with speed (and even in the manga they said only speed would work) sure even after naruto has full controll of the 9 tails...theres still tobi's ''teleporting'' ''and knowing exactly what the person does next'' (stated by minato when he talked to naruto)

Black Shuck
07-22-2010, 09:51 AM
1. Madara is all ways playing around even in serious fight. I think he just under estimated Minato's power. Don't forget he was using his basic sharingan, I bet if he was using his MS he wouldn't of has lost the Genjutsu on the Kyuubi

2. I think the 1st is a tad stronger than Minato, plus we have no clue who strong the 2nd is.
>> What kind of a Ninja is he to lose a serious battle purposely?
It's downright idiocy to underestimate someone as recognized as the 4th. I somehow do not think Madara -with all his battle experience- made such a mistake.
If he didn't use EMS, it probably means he couldn't use it for some reason.

Fan of Minato
07-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Great chapter, Minato's awesome. =]
Apparently his chakra levels are high as he was able to teleport the fox with its blast and its blast before. Not to mention be summoned Gamabunta and won against Madara. (didn't let him achieve his goal). All of this while he was not even at his full chakra, as he was managing Kushina's seal and a lot of chakra should have went for that.

I think Minato will make an appearance again. In that casket its probably him because Madara needs all of the Kyuubi and Naruto has only half of it. So Minato who has the other half will need to be brought back to life or Edo tensei needs to be used. I hope that he comes back to life because I don't want to see him as a bad guy. >_>..xDD

FlyingThunderGod
07-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Great chapter, Minato's awesome. =]
Apparently his chakra levels are high as he was able to teleport the fox with its blast and its blast before. Not to mention be summoned Gamabunta and won against Madara. (didn't let him achieve his goal). All of this while he was not even at his full chakra, as he was managing Kushina's seal and a lot of chakra should have went for that.

I think Minato will make an appearance again. In that casket its probably him because Madara needs all of the Kyuubi and Naruto has only half of it. So Minato who has the other half will need to be brought back to life or Edo tensei needs to be used. I hope that he comes back to life because I don't want to see him as a bad guy. >_>..xDD

I totally agree with you. i thought his chakra was small but with all that he did... woah. And yeah that coffin thing make sense. But his soul is suppose to be locked up, like the other 3 hokages. Unless he did something special

Rezeon
07-22-2010, 11:45 AM
After going through it again I noticed something I missed the first time. Minato specifically says that jinchuuriki can't use the death god seal. A line that specific can only be Kishi's way of letting us know that Naruto won't be learning or refining that technique.

So I guess we have to speculate about what other move the Toad Scroll might have that Naruto is supposed to learn.

Perhaps it will be a Flying Thunder God variant that doesn't require seals. That tech was pretty the only reason Minato could close the gap on Tobi fast enough to exploit the limits of his phasing ability. Kind of the theory that the only way to beat a teleporter like Tobi is to be an even faster teleporter.

Then there is also that space/time barrier technique Minato was using to deflect the Kyuubi's attacks. That jutsu seemed kind of cool, although currently underdeveloped due to its limited usage.

Of course it might simply be some other previously unmentioned jutsu of the 2nd Hokages that Minato never mastered due to the chakra requirements.

RicenChicken
07-22-2010, 12:39 PM
We still dont know if minato will actually use the Reaper jutsu since the 3rd just got there. The big scroll on the 3rds back could mean he coulda stopped minato.

Again, Kushina said naruto was only suppose to get half of the fox so he could use its chakra without the will, but he got the will and the chakra. and Minato appeared in his mind so... naruto has the entire fox inside of him.

People think this through please.

Parak111
07-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Haha...great chapter...what more can I say? The Kushina moment was just really touching. Minato using the Death God Sealing Jutsu will be the most interesting part. And I noticed how the Third appeared there too.

Back in the original series, when Hiruzen fought with Orochimaru and summoned the Death God, he said something like "...so this is it? It's just as the Fourth described it." My take on this is that Hiruzen is taught from Minato how to do the jutsu and that Minato had explained it to him. Seems like Hiruzen is the one who brings Naruto to the village after his parents pass away as well.

Wooster
07-22-2010, 12:44 PM
How so?
The fox was sealed in Naruto. The seal was on Naruto just like the Third seals during the battle with Orochimaru.

All of sudden half is sealed in Naruto, and the other half in some mysterious place. It didn't make a lick of sense, and it was a bunch of retcon.

mrsticky005
07-22-2010, 01:03 PM
The fox was sealed in Naruto. The seal was on Naruto just like the Third seals during the battle with Orochimaru.

All of sudden half is sealed in Naruto, and the other half in some mysterious place. It didn't make a lick of sense, and it was a bunch of retcon.

So it should have just been that the entire fox was sealed in Naruto?

Hidden Ninja45
07-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Just finished reading the chapter. It's really sad. Both Minato and Kushina are going to die here soon. We all knew this was going to happen, but it doesn't make it any less sad. At least, to me it doesn't.

Bulldog
07-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Great Chapter but why is it that alot of the kids like kakashi even though he is anbu is being told to stay back? I kinda wished the minato fight went on longer, madara hasnt shown me anything imppresive. BTw since Naruto is born of minatos genetics does this mean he has the flying thunder god technique also?

FlyingThunderGod
07-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Great Chapter but why is it that alot of the kids like kakashi even though he is anbu is being told to stay back? I kinda wished the minato fight went on longer, madara hasnt shown me anything imppresive. BTw since Naruto is born of minatos genetics does this mean he has the flying thunder god technique also?

Actually it been said that he has more of Kushina skills and acts like her. And im pretty sure that technique is not genetic. So he wont learn it... Naruto is slow and not that good with weapons.

Bulldog
07-22-2010, 03:55 PM
well kushina and minato both seem like mischevious little smartasses wich is cool.

3littlepigs
07-22-2010, 07:18 PM
This chapter again was amazing!!! Kishi hasn't disappointed me so far after the long wait to find out what happened that night.

Minato is just too cool! Almost as cool as Itachi but not quite lol Like Madara said he deserved the title of Yondaime Hokage and his reputation. He reminded me a lot of Naruto when he started crying....definitely shows how much he loved Kushina.

I am disappointed that Kakashi didn't play a major role that night like I was hoping he would....I mean Iruka got through to where his parents were but oh well...

I can already see Naruto crying when Kushina finishes talking lol I'm wondering why Kushina said Minato basically left everything to her because he was in a hurry? I mean so far he's done everything....:|

Your supposed to make this WHEN the chapter comes out. Hence the discussion, there is nothing to even discuss.
You're one to talk you basically do this every week....:shock:

ShounenLover
07-22-2010, 07:35 PM
So sad.

Bulldog
07-23-2010, 01:24 AM
they need to do a whole volume dedicated that night.

zerosameri
07-23-2010, 01:45 AM
You're one to talk you basically do this every week....:shock:
Yes but I haven't done one in who knows when. I haven't even made a spoiler thread in a long time. The day the spoilers come out and the day chapter comes out I'm not even on. :lol: There is usually a thread made with like 1 spoiler posted in the OP and by the time I come on (around 4,5 or 6) there is a bunch of spoilers I post. And then when the chapter comes out I'm still sleeping :lol::lol:

Kakashi H.
07-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Amazing chapter. I've always enjoyed the Naruto manga and I stil do.

Bulldog
07-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Shippuden was when I got into it.

3littlepigs
07-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Yes but I haven't done one in who knows when. I haven't even made a spoiler thread in a long time. The day the spoilers come out and the day chapter comes out I'm not even on. :lol: There is usually a thread made with like 1 spoiler posted in the OP and by the time I come on (around 4,5 or 6) there is a bunch of spoilers I post. And then when the chapter comes out I'm still sleeping :lol::lol:
lol it hasn't been that long but anyways that wasn't the point ;)

Bulldog
07-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Is there any word of a spinoff with minato?