PDA

View Full Version : Mario vs Naruto

DSPR7
07-17-2010, 05:20 AM
Part 1 of Marioverse vs Narutoverse.

Mario has all of his powerups except his invincibility star.

Naruto can start out in Sage Mode.

PS: Please don't just say Naruto speedblitzes. Mario has hypersonic+ reaction time and Naruto barely classes as supersonic.

Akatsuki X
07-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Which game feats are we talking about?

DSPR7
07-17-2010, 12:09 PM
What do you mean?

Akatsuki X
07-17-2010, 12:14 PM
There is alot of Mario games, which version of Mario is fighting Naruto?

SageoftheSixPaths
07-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Mario stomps. Hypersonic reaction timing against things like bullets and traveling across a galaxy with ease let him not only blitz, but powerups along the lines of freezing Naruto, burning Naruto, smashing Naruto, reflecting Naruto's attacks, and completely faceraping Naruto in all aspects lets him win this with ease.

Invincibility Star would do nothing in this fight except make Mario shiny.

DSPR7
07-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Just Mario with all his powerups from all his games. (Excluding invincibility) Otherwise he would get speedblitzed or raped with a rasengan or something. He needs his items.

Physically... I'd Super Mario World. Still jumping 2+ stories, lifted and punted a castle (100+ Strength), and could run up walls/pipes.

Or is that overpowered?

DSPR7
07-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Mario stomps. Hypersonic reaction timing against things like bullets and traveling across a galaxy with ease let him not only blitz, but powerups along the lines of freezing Naruto, burning Naruto, smashing Naruto, reflecting Naruto's attacks, and completely faceraping Naruto in all aspects lets him win this with ease.

Yep it's a stomp. And you didn't even mention time warping, metal Mario, or intangibility.

Alright, what would be a good Mario to face Naruto? Straight up Super Mario World? RPG? Paper? I don't want this to become a needless rapestomp.

Miles Edgeworth
07-17-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm just curious, when has Mario shown hypersonic+ reaction speed?

DSPR7
07-17-2010, 12:45 PM
I thought I put that in the respect thread... Oh well.

I believe it's in Super Mario Sluggers/Tennis. He's also shown Supersonic-low Hypersonic in virtually every RPG, where he reacts to sound attacks like those the Dayzees use. He is also seen outrunning multiple sound based attacks in Super Paper Mario. It's debatable that Mario is significantly faster than the animation in game would have us believe. Rainbow Star Mario leaves afterimages, but he doesn't LOOK like he's going that fast. Etc, etc.

SageoftheSixPaths
07-17-2010, 12:48 PM
I thought I put that in the respect thread... Oh well.

I believe it's in Super Mario Sluggers/Tennis. He's also shown Supersonic-low Hypersonic in virtually every RPG, where he reacts to sound attacks like those the Dayzees use. He is also seen outrunning multiple sound based attacks in Super Paper Mario. It's debatable that Mario is significantly faster than the animation in game would have us believe. Rainbow Star Mario leaves afterimages, but he doesn't LOOK like he's going that fast. Etc, etc.
He's also got enough durability to survive light speed travel, which would literally strip a normal person (even a Naruto character) down to the bone in miliseconds.

Miles Edgeworth
07-17-2010, 12:50 PM
I haven't played most of those. :P

Reacting to the Dayzee's attacks? Do you mean like blocking or whatever, because I haven't played PM2 in ages.

The issue with afterimages is that it's inaccurate in terms of gauging speed. For example, many MANY artists use afterimages as a way to exaggerate one's speed, but it's always better to find actual speed feats rather than guessing on the issue of afterimages.

Spleen Boy
07-17-2010, 12:50 PM

Uhm if your speaking QUITE realistically well then you must realize that Marios freezing and burning techniques are fairly weak where as Narutoverse ninja techniques are fairly strong in comparison. but at basic form marios little fire balls wouldn't cut it, if we are talking about normal naruto at all, and if we aren't where would mario find these powerups? And on top of that Mario's reaction time is completely dependent on how fast a human can press a button. I can't really compare a video game universe with Naruot's effectivly, but I would still go with Mario cause his mustachio is STRONG.

DSPR7
07-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Yes, that too. Counting in that, he does successfully land while traveling at extremely high speeds in said games. So, hypersonic+ reaction time. Forget the trip, the impact should kill him. :/

Spleen Boy
07-17-2010, 12:54 PM
I would like to efficially edit.
I did not see mario has ALL POWERS So i apologize for that point

SageoftheSixPaths
07-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Uhm if your speaking QUITE realistically well then you must realize that Marios freezing and burning techniques are fairly weak where as Narutoverse ninja techniques are fairly strong in comparison. but at basic form marios little fire balls wouldn't cut it, if we are talking about normal naruto at all, and if we aren't where would mario find these powerups? And on top of that Mario's reaction time is completely dependent on how fast a human can press a button. I can't really compare a video game universe with Naruot's effectivly, but I would still go with Mario cause his mustachio is STRONG.
Ingameverse. :p

This is all Mario powerups ever. Meaning Smash Bros and stuff applies, too. Final Smash flames > Fireball Jutsu.
Yes, that too. Counting in that, he does successfully land while traveling at extremely high speeds in said games. So, hypersonic+ reaction time. Forget the trip, the impact should kill him. :/
Word.

DSPR7
07-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Reacting to the Dayzee's attacks? Do you mean like blocking or whatever, because I haven't played PM2 in ages.

The issue with afterimages is that it's inaccurate in terms of gauging speed. For example, many MANY artists use afterimages as a way to exaggerate one's speed, but it's always better to find actual speed feats rather than guessing on the issue of afterimages.

Yes.

True. Okay, back to outrunning sound based attacks. XD

Mario's fireball's damage Bowser, who tanks lava, and instantly incinerate anyone with a lower than Koopaling defense level. Bowser JR is about that, and he tanked a black hole/supernova. :/ Freezing I'll admit though, it can't even affect larger than average Dry Bones. It's still the best item though...

Miles Edgeworth
07-17-2010, 12:55 PM

Being able to land just means that he has high durability, which is good and all, but I still don't see how it solves the issue of reaction speed.

The thing about that is that it's mostly a game mechanic, something necessary to work out. I mean, if Mario tripped half of the time or died upon landing, who'd want to play SMG? xP

Spleen Boy
07-17-2010, 12:58 PM
This is all Mario powerups ever. Meaning Smash Bros and stuff applies, too. Final Smash flames > Fireball Jutsu.

I already noticed this yes but, but I have to say that this is false.

Marios final smash is the WORST EVER! It tanks nothing.

And again, video game logic. Bowser tanks lava and gets hurt by fire balls that can't kill kuppa just make them hide in their shells. VI can not accuratly judge this.

DSPR7
07-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Being able to land just means that he has high durability, which is good and all, but I still don't see how it solves the issue of reaction speed.

The thing about that is that it's mostly a game mechanic, something necessary to work out. I mean, if Mario tripped half of the time or died upon landing, who'd want to play SMG? xP

True, but not entirely. He doesn't just fly into the planet, he'd fly right through. He reacts by managing to land on his feet. Ask any gymnast and they'll tell you, it's quite difficult to land SOFTLY. Especially travelling faster than light. And Mario's no lightweight, he's Italian/American. That's not just a reaction feat, it's a skill feat. To be able to land as softly as he does at that speed is pure awesome impressiveness. XD

Well that goes for his jumping, his powerups, and his strength, but those are considered powerups. What's the difference? They could have easily just added a pillow or a net or some such to catch, that wouldn't have changed much really... But they didn't so I'm count that as reaction time.

SageoftheSixPaths
07-17-2010, 01:02 PM

And again, video game logic. Bowser tanks lava and gets hurt by fire balls that can't kill kuppa just make them hide in their shells. VI can not accuratly judge this.
Mario Final Smash can both injure opponent who have shown massive tanking abilities (ie Bowser) and send them flying. It also has a massive AoE and causes large scale damage to destructible environments. Try using his FS on the bottom floor of Castle Siege and it destroys that giant statue in seconds, and it normally takes a lot of hits to break that thing.

DSPR7
07-17-2010, 01:05 PM

Jigglypuff's is worse, DK's is worse on a big field, Link has low range, and Samus's, though awesome, reduces you to Zamus. It's not the worst, it's just not as awesome as, say, Olimar's, Luigi's, or Bowser's.

In most of the games I've played, the fireballs incinerate Koopas as well. As opposed to the Naruto fireballs that, what? Naruto can tank? He's not even that durable. The only impressive fire I've seen in the Narutoverse is the Amatseru, and even that can be countered/avoided. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know much about the fire attacks in Naruto.

Miles Edgeworth
07-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Jigglypuff's is worse, DK's is worse on a big field, Link has low range, and Samus's, though awesome, reduces you to Zamus. It's not the worst, it's just not as awesome as, say, Olimar's, Luigi's, or Bowser's.

In most of the games I've played, the fireballs incinerate Koopas as well. As opposed to the Naruto fireballs that, what? Naruto can tank? He's not even that durable. The only impressive fire I've seen in the Narutoverse is the Amatseru, and even that can be countered/avoided. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know much about the fire attacks in Naruto.

Just to note, a lot of people prefer ZSS over Regular Samus. I know I do, because ZSS is faster and even though she has less power, she's more agile and can land a lot of good hits. I'm pretty sure ZSS is higher on the tier list too, if that's of any note.

Mario's final smash doesn't seem that powerful, in-game or in a battle. Sure, it sends a nice stream of fire, but it can be easily dodged, and it's a one way attack that is very predictable. We all know in Brawl that it's really only good if it manages to force the opponent off the stage by landing a nice use of it, it's hardly good for racking up high damage.

Regarding Amaterasu, it depends on who's using it that really makes it deadly. Supposedly, the Amaterasu burns anything the user can see. This can be negated by an opponent moving out of the user's eyesight range, and anybody with significant speed can do such via speedblitz and other similar tactics. Amaterasu is said to burn anything, but we all know this is untrue because it failed to burn through samurai armor and it didn't kill Karin. Unfortunately, Uchihatards claim otherwise, I remember one forum had people saying that Amaterasu can burn through Chibaku Tensei. /double facepalm.

Since Amaterasu hasn't been used very much on fighters that are slow but have high reaction speed, we really don't know if reaction makes much of a difference. While people with reaction speeds that surpass Narutoverse levels can no doubt dodge, the issue remains of whether it's movement speed or reaction speed in Narutoverse that can truly make a difference in dodging the technique. Amaterasu was really only dodged one time, and that was by the Raikage, who is known for his speed. This may have been attributed to moving out of Sasuke's eyesight range though, and not simply dodging the oncoming fire, we can't be sure.

Just to note, there are a few other potent fire techniques though. Jiraiya has a few good ones, and Kakuzu has his fire blast too.

Phoenix Wright
07-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Drill Mario solos.

... With Giga Drill Break.

Okay that was for Miles.

Miles Edgeworth
07-17-2010, 06:29 PM
If only Mario actually had a drill FORM instead of just carrying the freaking drill, it'd be much more epic.

Mario: MARIO IMPACT!!!!!!

Bowser: The manliness is too much for me!!!!!

Luigi: O_O Mamma mia, now I know why nobody pays attention to Weegee.

Yeah but seriously, if Mario's got all of his powers then he goes Boulder form and rolls over him. Or the drill. Can't deny the drill.

Even base Mario is pretty powerful, with all the previously mentioned points he's quite a contender. In SM64 he was able to lift King Bob-Omb as well as grab Bowser by the tail, swing him, and throw him quite a distance. Unless Naruto transforms he's not matching that.

DSPR7
07-18-2010, 04:47 AM
Just to note, a lot of people prefer ZSS over Regular Samus. I know I do, because ZSS is faster and even though she has less power, she's more agile and can land a lot of good hits. I'm pretty sure ZSS is higher on the tier list too, if that's of any note.

Mario's final smash doesn't seem that powerful, in-game or in a battle. Sure, it sends a nice stream of fire, but it can be easily dodged, and it's a one way attack that is very predictable. We all know in Brawl that it's really only good if it manages to force the opponent off the stage by landing a nice use of it, it's hardly good for racking up high damage.

Regarding Amaterasu, it depends on who's using it that really makes it deadly. Supposedly, the Amaterasu burns anything the user can see. This can be negated by an opponent moving out of the user's eyesight range, and anybody with significant speed can do such via speedblitz and other similar tactics. Amaterasu is said to burn anything, but we all know this is untrue because it failed to burn through samurai armor and it didn't kill Karin. Unfortunately, Uchihatards claim otherwise, I remember one forum had people saying that Amaterasu can burn through Chibaku Tensei. /double facepalm.

Since Amaterasu hasn't been used very much on fighters that are slow but have high reaction speed, we really don't know if reaction makes much of a difference. While people with reaction speeds that surpass Narutoverse levels can no doubt dodge, the issue remains of whether it's movement speed or reaction speed in Narutoverse that can truly make a difference in dodging the technique. Amaterasu was really only dodged one time, and that was by the Raikage, who is known for his speed. This may have been attributed to moving out of Sasuke's eyesight range though, and not simply dodging the oncoming fire, we can't be sure.

Just to note, there are a few other potent fire techniques though. Jiraiya has a few good ones, and Kakuzu has his fire blast too.

I know, I'm just going by a "noob standard". First time players or people with no Zamus skill find that annoying. It's still not the worst though.

I use it as a shield, myself. I just keep it handy until my opponent has backed me into a corner, then I unleash Hael. But on a more serious note, if you use it right it can be quite epic on small fields like Final Destination and such.

I find it funny some people think Amateseru is as hot as the son. XD If it were that hot, wouldn't it destroy everything in a 5 mile radius? At least?

But remember, Mario's not really that slow. Some evidence points to him being Supersonic in movement speed. And then, he can go intangible in two different ways. Plus, it may not be able to burn through Rock Mario, Metal Mario, or even base Mario if you think about it. The guy can almost tank lava, I don't think those flames will do too much.

I thought it was MORE impressive that he just carried the drill. I mean, he's carrying a drill, he spins, and he can travel for several hundred feet through sold earth? I'm pretty sure that's a strength feat. O.o

And don't forget Super Mario World, where base Mario picked up and punted a castle, used a hammer to bash another one into rubble, jumped on one and destroyed it completely, and tanked a castle destroying explosion.