PDA

View Full Version : Debate Contest Round 3: Akatsuki X vs. Blind Uchiha and Nero

The 1st Hokage
07-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Asura Path vs. Sasori (True Form)

Distance: 100 Meters

Restrictions: No knowledge, speed equelized. Sasori can use Third Kazekage but h does not get prep time for it.

Blind Uchiha
07-16-2010, 07:13 PM
I debate that Asura wins.

Since Asura is a robot like corpse, poison should have no effect on him. This nullifies much of Sasori's advantage. Asura is also major tank having the ability to take multiple hits from Choji and Choza's expansion forms. He also was still able to fire missiles after being hit by Kakashi's Raikiri.

Asura's jet boots also allow him to fly giving him better dodging and attacking ability.

Using Head laser, Asura should be able to completely disintegrate Sasori. Head Laser was shown to be a multi-building buster. Sasori's heart would easily be destroyed. This jutsu has been shown to have little to no prep time to use.

Asura's Flaming Arrow missiles should also easily damage Sasori's wooden body via explosive damage. They will be hard for Sasori to dodge since they are homing missiles.

Since Sasori doesn't have prep for the Third Kazekage, Asura should be able to end this battle before Iron Sand: World Order comes into play.

Akatsuki X
07-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Again, I'm flying solo on this one.

I'm gonna agree with Blind Uchiha here,
it shouldn't be too difficult for Asura to beat Sasori.

Asura is arguably the third fastest Path, Sasori hasn't shown any incredible speed feats apart from the speed of iron sand.

Given this, it's possible that Asura could just blitz at the beggining and smash Sasori and his heart, considering he has enough strength to rip off Jiraiya's arm and crush his throat.

But at 100 meters, it's possible that Sasori may be able to use 3rd Kazekage.
So in that case, Asura could just spam missles at Sasori.

As shown in the Pain arc, each of Asura's arms contain about 20 missles each. (I counted)

Six arms containing 20 missles each. Roughly 100 missles, probably enough combined force to take out a small village, good luck with Sasori dodging that and Asura trying to smash him to pieces.

Head laser is overkill.
It's a multi-block buster, and was able to take out a large number of buildings when Pain invaded Konoha.

It would probably be able to decimate Sasori and the Third Kazekage before iron sand even came into play.

Since Asura is a robot poison really has no effect on him, the only real threat is other Iron sand variants such as Iron Sand: World Order.

But Asura would probably be able to kill Sasori before he even had chance to use iron sand.

Blind Uchiha
07-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Again, I'm flying solo on this one.

I'm gonna agree with Blind Uchiha here,
it shouldn't be too difficult for Asura to beat Sasori.

Asura is arguably the third fastest Path, Sasori hasn't shown any incredible speed feats apart from the speed of iron sand.

Given this, it's possible that Asura could just blitz at the beggining and smash Sasori and his heart, considering he has enough strength to rip off Jiraiya's arm and crush his throat.

Since speed is equalized, blitzing is a no go. Nice strength feats, however, I doubt Asura would need to or let alone be allowed to get into close range.

But at 100 meters, it's possible that Sasori may be able to use 3rd Kazekage.
So in that case, Asura could just spam missles at Sasori.

As shown in the Pain arc, each of Asura's arms contain about 20 missles each. (I counted)

Six arms containing 20 missles each. Roughly 100 missles, probably enough combined force to take out a small village, good luck with Sasori dodging that and Asura trying to smash him to pieces.

Nice count. Factor in that they are homing missiles, and doom is spelled for Sasori.

Head laser is overkill.
It's a multi-block buster, and was able to take out a large number of buildings when Pain invaded Konoha.

It would probably be able to decimate Sasori and the Third Kazekage before iron sand even came into play.Just because it is overkill, doesn't mean it won't get the job done right xD

Since Asura is a robot poison really has no effect on him, the only real threat is other Iron sand variants such as Iron Sand: World Order.Almost exactly what I said.

But Asura would probably be able to kill Sasori before he even had chance to use iron sand.

Agreed.

Akatsuki X
07-17-2010, 09:00 PM
Since speed is equalized, blitzing is a no go. Nice strength feats, however, I doubt Asura would need to or let alone be allowed to get into close range.

Chakra propulsion boots would allow Asura to reach Sasori in enough time to kill him without him using Kazekage.
Speed only equalized in base.

I don't see why Asura would not be allowed to get close enough to Sasori.

What does Sasori have?

A flamethrower, a tail, and some spinny blades.

All of which were easily dodged by Sakura and Chiyo.

Nice count. Factor in that they are homing missiles, and doom is spelled for Sasori.

Indeed, probably only 10 missiles are needed. Anything more then that is just destroying Sasori's remains.

Blind Uchiha
07-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Chakra propulsion boots would allow Asura to reach Sasori in enough time to kill him without him using Kazekage.

Speed only equalized in base.

I don't see why Asura would not be allowed to get close enough to Sasori.

What does Sasori have?

A flamethrower, a tail, and some spinny blades.

All of which were easily dodged by Sakura and Chiyo.

Indeed, probably only 10 missiles are needed. Anything more then that is just destroying Sasori's remains.

Asura hasn't shown much maneuvering via chakra propulsion boots. He may get there quickly, but he would have a very limited ability to dodge a counter. Same issue with Kakashi trying to use Chidori without sharingan. I don't see it working out in a blitz situation.

Akatsuki X
07-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Asura hasn't shown much maneuvering via chakra propulsion boots. He may get there quickly, but he would have a very limited ability to dodge a counter. Same issue with Kakashi trying to use Chidori without sharingan. I don't see it working out in a blitz situation.

But he could use chakra propulsion boots to get close enough to Sasori to kill him.

Sasori dosen't have much to kill him with anyway.

Flamethrower, tail, and blades can be easily dodged.

Greatest threat is 3rd Kazekage.

Even then, its possible that if Iron Sand came into play, Asura could use head laser explosion to disrupt the Iron Sand, causing it to temporarily break apart and allowing him to kill Sasori with missiles.

Only real threats are Iron Sand: World Order because of its size, range, and speed,

and Iron Sand: Drizzle because it could get stuck in Asura's joints and make it so he is unable to move as it did on the Mother and Father puppets.

Blind Uchiha
07-18-2010, 10:02 PM
But he could use chakra propulsion boots to get close enough to Sasori to kill him.

Sasori dosen't have much to kill him with anyway.

Flamethrower, tail, and blades can be easily dodged.

At the speed the boots carry him, any melee weapon used by Sasori has the ability to impale Asura. :/

Greatest threat is 3rd Kazekage.
Agreed.

Even then, its possible that if Iron Sand came into play, Asura could use head laser explosion to disrupt the Iron Sand, causing it to temporarily break apart and allowing him to kill Sasori with missiles.Agreed, however missiles are actually all that should be needed. Head laser works to free him, but World Order is way to spread out to block multiple homing missiles. Head Laser would work best to counter Red sand Technique: Performance of a Hundred puppets as it would it would quickly decimate Sasori's fodder puppets.

Only real threats are Iron Sand: World Order because of its size, range, and speed,

and Iron Sand: Drizzle because it could get stuck in Asura's joints and make it so he is unable to move as it did on the Mother and Father puppets.Agreed, these attacks are the main threat.

Akatsuki X
07-18-2010, 10:08 PM
At the speed the boots carry him, any melee weapon used by Sasori has the ability to impale Asura. :/

Unless, you know, Asura stopped before he reaches Sasori, and only uses the boots to shorten the gap between them and give Sasori less time to use Iron Sand or any other technique.

Agreed, however missiles are actually all that should be needed. Head laser works to free him, but World Order is way to spread out to block multiple homing missiles. Head Laser would work best to counter Red sand Technique: Performance of a Hundred puppets as it would it would quickly decimate Sasori's fodder puppets.

I'm saying head laser would be more useful if Sasori use's Iron Sand: Drizzle or Iron Sand: Cluster because I doubt missiles would effect tiny iron needles, and I don't think their busting power is enough to break apart the giant constructs of iron.

Replieis in gray.

Blind Uchiha
07-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Unless, you know, Asura stopped before he reaches Sasori, and only uses the boots to shorten the gap between them and give Sasori less time to use Iron Sand or any other technique.

Good point, Sasori has shown no true close combat feats.

I'm saying head laser would be more useful if Sasori use's Iron Sand: Drizzle or Iron Sand: Cluster because I doubt missiles would effect tiny iron needles, and I don't think their busting power is enough to break apart the giant constructs of iron.

This is actually not considering that Iron Sand has it's own magnetic field. The missiles probably wouldn't fire correctly due to the magnetic field produced by Iron Sand: Gathering. In fact, Asura might be drawn towards Iron Sand: Gathering due to his many metal parts.

Akatsuki X
07-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Good point, Sasori has shown no true close combat feats.

Indeed, when his final form was introduced, I thought Oh Damn!! He's gonna kick some A**.

But then he never even got the chance to use his own personal weapons and modifications apart from his flamethrower and water cannon (which is non-canon)

This is actually not considering that Iron Sand has it's own magnetic field. The missiles probably wouldn't fire correctly due to the magnetic field produced by Iron Sand: Gathering. In fact, Asura might be drawn towards Iron Sand: Gathering due to his many metal parts.

This is a good point,
but I don't think that Iron Sand's magnetism is strong enough to attract othre metal objects to it.

If it was, then why weren't all of the needles on the ground of the cave previously fired by Hiroku attracted to it?

Or why weren't the metal parts of the Mother, Father and the 3rd Kazekage puppets, or the kunai and shuriken that Sakura possessed, drawn to the Iron Sand?

Anyways, you can counter if you wish, but I feel like we both pulled our greatest points already, and I'm ready for this to be judged if you are.

Blind Uchiha
07-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Indeed, when his final form was introduced, I thought Oh Damn!! He's gonna kick some A**.

But then he never even got the chance to use his own personal weapons and modifications apart from his flamethrower and water cannon (which is non-canon)

This is a good point,
but I don't think that Iron Sand's magnetism is strong enough to attract othre metal objects to it.

If it was, then why weren't all of the needles on the ground of the cave previously fired by Hiroku attracted to it?

Or why weren't the metal parts of the Mother, Father and the 3rd Kazekage puppets, or the kunai and shuriken that Sakura possessed, drawn to the Iron Sand?

Anyways, you can counter if you wish, but I feel like we both pulled our greatest points already, and I'm ready for this to be judged if you are.

Yeah, lets get this show on the road.

Akatsuki X
07-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Good work BLind Uchiha, you were deffanitely one of my harder opponenets.

The 1st Hokage
07-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Alot of the quotes failed. I would appreciate if you fix that for me so the judging won't be hell on me.

Akatsuki X
07-19-2010, 07:51 PM
My qoutes are failing because I am currently using an I-pod touch for this, and quoting is difficult.

I will try to clean mine up a bit thou.

The 1st Hokage
07-19-2010, 07:54 PM
If you want, I'll work on it too.

Akatsuki X
07-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Alot of mine are just screwed to hell, so just remember that all of my counters are in gray.

Shikamaru Nara
07-20-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm sure if they could debate in this, you could judge it.

The 1st Hokage
08-01-2010, 06:06 PM
You both did great. The match I made was bad, but it was easy to judge because neither of you made any major mistakes and debated the same cause. X, I'm not gonna count "Equel Speed" thing against you because that was resolved after this debate.

Conclusion: X wins. You both basicly said the same things and agreed with each other because that's all there was to do, but in X's last post when he gave examples of why Iron Sands magnetic field wouldn't work on Asura's metal parts, but Blind, you still insisted it would work.

Great job both of you. I commend you both on a good debate. If any judge disagrees with my judging, please post reasons why. :D

Shikamaru Nara
08-01-2010, 06:08 PM
I'll add X's team. This is going to be the finals.

The 1st Hokage
08-01-2010, 06:11 PM
I'll PM Phoenix. It can be a 3 person/team debate.

Blind Uchiha
08-02-2010, 11:03 AM
You both did great. The match I made was bad, but it was easy to judge because neither of you made any major mistakes and debated the same cause. X, I'm not gonna count "Equel Speed" thing against you because that was resolved after this debate.

Conclusion: X wins. You both basicly said the same things and agreed with each other because that's all there was to do, but in X's last post when he gave examples of why Iron Sands magnetic field wouldn't work on Asura's metal parts, but Blind, you still insisted it would work.

Great job both of you. I commend you both on a good debate. If any judge disagrees with my judging, please post reasons why. :D

I didn't insist. I said "might". I like to cover my bases, but if that is how you judge then so be it.

Akatsuki X
08-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Good match thou Blind Uchiha.

Blind Uchiha
08-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Good match thou Blind Uchiha.

Thanks, good luck in the next round.