PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Minato makes all other Hokage's look like a bug


zerosameri
07-15-2010, 02:01 PM
No really he does epically Tsunade> I mean has of right now she does not seem has the great Hokage same with the 3rd and 2nd (I know there grat just power wise) We haven't seen what the 2nd can do and well Tsunade has nature strength and is a healer Minato is just a plain out badass.

Now the 1st hokage founded the village, fought Madara [ect], the 3rd Hokage really hasn't shown any super great power besides the few times.

Minato's current power really is something.

Hinata~
07-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Not to mention hes sexy cute and doesn't look old as dust like the 3rd Hokage.

zerosameri
07-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Not to mention hes sexy cute and doesn't look old as dust like the 3rd Hokage.He did die at 27 (or something like that)

3littlepigs
07-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Yeah he's awesome....you can definitely see he deserved the title at such a young age.

zerosameri
07-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Yeah he's awesome....you can definitely see he deserved the title at such a young age.
I know. Tsunade looks like a downer compared to all the other hokages. She seems the weakest of them all now. :lol:

3littlepigs
07-15-2010, 04:49 PM
I know. Tsunade looks like a downer compared to all the other hokages. She seems the weakest of them all now. :lol:
I think for most people (except Tsunade fans) she has always been the weakest Hokage. But she also did things for the village that even Minato wasn't able to do...I think they've all pretty much done their jobs right and helped the village in ways that other Hokages couldn't have...well all except Tobirama because we don't even know how he died..or do we know? :|

zerosameri
07-15-2010, 05:00 PM
I think for most people (except Tsunade fans) she has always been the weakest Hokage. But she also did things for the village that even Minato wasn't able to do...I think they've all pretty much done their jobs right and helped the village in ways that other Hokages couldn't have...well all except Tobirama because we don't even know how he died..or do we know? :|Tsunade really didn't do anything for the village besides the obvious. Now with Tobirama I think he did in a one of the Ninja's war.

Rasen_Chidori
07-15-2010, 05:03 PM
I think for most people (except Tsunade fans) she has always been the weakest Hokage. But she also did things for the village that even Minato wasn't able to do...I think they've all pretty much done their jobs right and helped the village in ways that other Hokages couldn't have...well all except Tobirama because we don't even know how he died..or do we know? :|

He died protecting his squad from enemy ninja in one of the ninja wars, remember Danzos flashback just before he died? When the third was named hokage.

Oh yeah and Minato was epic, he is finally living up to the hype and is actually getting some feats.

HiddenRoar
07-15-2010, 05:08 PM
The 2nd died during one of the Great Ninja Wars (The 2rd GNW IIRC). They were surrounded by a bunch of Cloud Ninjas and he volunteered to act as decoy so they could escape.
It was also at this time that Hiruzen became the 3rd.

3littlepigs
07-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Tsunade really didn't do anything for the village besides the obvious. Now with Tobirama I think he did in a one of the Ninja's war.
She didn't do anything? please not even Minato nor Hashirama could have saved as many people as Tsunade when Pain invaded. She did that only with her medical ninjutsu which is her best talent. And what exactly is the obvious? each Hokage uses what they do best in order to protect the village, Tsunade is no different.
He died protecting his squad from enemy ninja in one of the ninja wars, remember Danzos flashback just before he died? When the third was named hokage.

Oh yeah and Minato was epic, he is finally living up to the hype and is actually getting some feats.
Oh thanks I had completely forgotten about that but yeah you're right I think he did die there.

Slack 40
07-15-2010, 05:57 PM
In the chapter didn't minato say something like madara's space and time ninjutsu was greater then his and THE SECOND HOKAGE???


does that mean the second hokage was not only the greatest water ninjutsu user in the leaf but he also can use space and time ninjutsu

zerosameri
07-15-2010, 05:57 PM
She didn't do anything? please not even Minato nor Hashirama could have saved as many people as Tsunade when Pain invaded. She did that only with her medical ninjutsu which is her best talent. And what exactly is the obvious? each Hokage uses what they do best in order to protect the village, Tsunade is no different.

Oh thanks I had completely forgotten about that but yeah you're right I think he did die there. The obvious is what you have stated. :lol:

3littlepigs
07-15-2010, 06:26 PM
The obvious is what you have stated. :lol:
Ok then what's wrong with it being obvious if it's the same for the other Hokages?

Rikudo Sennin
07-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Minato is IMBA!. xD

And he has a nice smile . xD

zerosameri
07-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Ok then what's wrong with it being obvious if it's the same for the other Hokages?Well over all she's the weakest from all the hokages, sure she had her great moment's and all. But besides from the 2nd Hokage she's weak. Every Hokage had HUGE moment's and all though they all handle it super well and was in the fight. Tsunade moment was the pain invasion and she was out for most of the fight if I recall right.

3littlepigs
07-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Well over all she's the weakest from all the hokages, sure she had her great moment's and all. But besides from the 2nd Hokage she's weak. Every Hokage had HUGE moment's and all though they all handle it super well and was in the fight. Tsunade moment was the pain invasion and she was out for most of the fight if I recall right.
Sure she's the weakest in strength but it's not like she was Danzou hiding underground during the invasion. She was out of the fight because she was busy saving as many people as she could....other Hokages had to rely on their subordinates for that but if Tsunade's the best at it then I don't think it was wrong for her to put that as a priority. Besides it also worked well for the plot didn't it? I mean Pain had to fight Naruto for the sake of the story just like Oro vs Sarutobi and Hashirama vs Madara had to happen.

zerosameri
07-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Sure she's the weakest in strength but it's not like she was Danzou hiding underground during the invasion. She was out of the fight because she was busy saving as many people as she could....other Hokages had to rely on their subordinates for that but if Tsunade's the best at it then I don't think it was wrong for her to put that as a priority. Besides it also worked well for the plot didn't it? I mean Pain had to fight Naruto for the sake of the story just like Oro vs Sarutobi and Hashirama vs Madara had to happen.Danzou is a whole different story. Yes that's true and She had the plot on her side. But any who I really don't have a awesome come back for that so i guess I agree with you.

mrsticky005
07-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Well over all she's the weakest from all the hokages, sure she had her great moment's and all. But besides from the 2nd Hokage she's weak. Every Hokage had HUGE moment's and all though they all handle it super well and was in the fight. Tsunade moment was the pain invasion and she was out for most of the fight if I recall right.


Who says the 2nd Hokage is weak? We hardly know anything about him.
He sacrificed himself to the Kinkaku Force to allow his team to escape.


The problem is we don't know how strong the Kinkau Force was.

I doubt they were pushovers though. Cloud has top ninja.

zerosameri
07-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Who says the 2nd Hokage is weak? We hardly know anything about him.
He sacrificed himself to the Kinkaku Force to allow his team to escape.


The problem is we don't know how strong the Kinkau Force was.

I doubt they were pushovers though. Cloud has top ninja.
hence why I said he's 'weak'. We don't know anything about him beside the claim's that's he's extremely strong.


Well they had to be really strong or really smart.

Black Shuck
07-15-2010, 07:38 PM
hence why I said he's 'weak'. We don't know anything about him beside the claim's that's he's extremely strong.


Well they had to be really strong or really smart.
This should be enough not to call him weak. (Danzo said the 2nd was the best out there in his time)

And yeah, Minato is totally bad ass. It's good now he has a few decent feats.
Tsunade is obviously the weakest hokage (strength wise) but you can't underestimate the lives she saved. Hopefully she will do some more before leaving off to heavens.

zerosameri
07-15-2010, 07:44 PM
This should be enough not to call him weak. (Danzo said the 2nd was the best out there in his time)

And yeah, Minato is totally bad ass. It's good now he has a few decent feats.
Tsunade is obviously the weakest hokage (strength wise) but you can't underestimate the lives she saved. Hopefully she will do some more before leaving off to heavens.I know that he's strong, every strong. We knew that Minato was very srtong, but we had to "consider him weak", untill we can have a base line for hi power and now pure hype.


Minato > Base Naruto (all most? kinda). But if she was to be put in Minato shoes she'll won't be any help.

Black Shuck
07-15-2010, 07:53 PM
I know that he's strong, every strong. We knew that Minato was very srtong, but we had to "consider him weak", untill we can have a base line for hi power and now pure hype.


Minato > Base Naruto (all most? kinda). But if she was to be put in Minato shoes she'll won't be any help.
Considering someone weak just because s/he doesn't have feats is just stupid. (no offence) I know they are essential to have logical arguments and all. But c'mon.. hype should count for something(?) -at least for a statement like that.
Yeah. Naruto will beat her ass. Like I said she's no fighter. (relatively)

narulvr
07-15-2010, 08:00 PM
yea minato is a b. a., but the second was strong cuz he was stated to have the time space jutsu and kabuto said he used the reanimation jutsu as well, that sounds strong to me

mrsticky005
07-15-2010, 08:23 PM
I know that he's strong, every strong. We knew that Minato was very srtong, but we had to "consider him weak", untill we can have a base line for hi power and now pure hype.


Minato > Base Naruto (all most? kinda). But if she was to be put in Minato shoes she'll won't be any help.



Minato fought and sealed the Nine Tails. That's hardly being weak.

Hokages should be considered strong top ninja until proven otherwise.

It has not yet been proven that Tobirama Senju the 2nd Hokage is weak
because we do not know how elite and powerful the Kinkaku Force was.

Tsunade however we have seen. She's about the same as Jirayia or Orochimaru in strength. However to be fair she's past her prime.


The strength levels in Naruto though are kinda iffy as for the sake of plot genins are made to be geniuses while jonins are made to be a joke.

Wooster
07-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Minato fought and sealed the Nine Tails. That's hardly being weak.

Hokages should be considered strong top ninja until proven otherwise.

It has not yet been proven that Tobirama Senju the 2nd Hokage is weak
because we do not know how elite and powerful the Kinkaku Force was.

Tsunade however we have seen. She's about the same as Jirayia or Orochimaru in strength. However to be fair she's past her prime.


The strength levels in Naruto though are kinda iffy as for the sake of plot genins are made to be geniuses while jonins are made to be a joke.No wonder the new generations surpasses the old.
All the jonins are idiots.

ItachiKisame
07-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Well I guess its no surprise. I mean they did say that he was the best Hokage.

mrsticky005
07-15-2010, 08:41 PM
No wonder the new generations surpasses the old.
All the jonins are idiots.


Pretty much.

Wooster
07-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Well I guess its no surprise. I mean they did say that he was the best Hokage.
Until Danzo came along, of course.

ItachiKisame
07-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Until Danzo came along, of course.

Well mabey. And he wasn't Hokage for long since Sasuke killed him. (thank god)

3littlepigs
07-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Who says the 2nd Hokage is weak? We hardly know anything about him.
He sacrificed himself to the Kinkaku Force to allow his team to escape.


The problem is we don't know how strong the Kinkau Force was.

I doubt they were pushovers though. Cloud has top ninja.
I don't think anyone actually meant that he's "weak"...it's more like we have no real information for Tobirama at least not like we do for all the other Hokages so how can we compare him to the others?...
This should be enough not to call him weak. (Danzo said the 2nd was the best out there in his time)

And yeah, Minato is totally bad ass. It's good now he has a few decent feats.
Tsunade is obviously the weakest hokage (strength wise) but you can't underestimate the lives she saved. Hopefully she will do some more before leaving off to heavens.
Just because Danzou said Tobirama was the best doesn't mean anything. I mean Naruto grew up thinking Minato was the best Hokage ever and there are some people who will say that was Sarutobi or Hashirama. Besides if they achieve the Hokage title then its pretty obvious they're really strong.


And I totally agree with you on the Tsunade thing...she is weak strength wise but she did an excellent job saving as many people as she did....the village can be reconstructed but lives can't. :)

3littlepigs
07-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Until Danzo came along, of course.
Of course I kind of expected that out of Danzou's #1 fan :p
Well mabey. And he wasn't Hokage for long since Sasuke killed him. (thank god)
lol yeah it didn't last long and I have to say I was happy about it.

mrsticky005
07-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Until Danzo came along, of course.


Of course it's only Candidate Sixth Hokage.

Really why couldn't he just be made actual number 6 and then die?

Kakashi lasted even shorter as Candidate Sixth Hokage.


Though in my book I say Danzo was six and Kakashi was 7th


I mean heck Danzo did a heck of a lot more in the short time he was Hokage then Tsunade did in three years.

Kakashi was totally trolled of the position.

ItachiKisame
07-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Of course I kind of expected that out of Danzou's #1 fan :p

lol yeah it didn't last long and I have to say I was happy about it.

Same here Danzo was annoying.

Wooster
07-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Of course it's only Candidate Sixth Hokage.

Really why couldn't he just be made actual number 6 and then die?

Kakashi lasted even shorter as Candidate Sixth Hokage.


Though in my book I say Danzo was six and Kakashi was 7th


I mean heck Danzo did a heck of a lot more in the short time he was Hokage then Tsunade did in three years.

Kakashi was totally trolled of the position.
I think we can all agree on this. 1st-3rd pretty good. Minato the best.

Tsunade, wha? She is the Gerald Ford of Kages.:lol:

MadaraMizukage
07-15-2010, 09:06 PM
You guys act like the Third is bad. Really the third is the best out of all 5. Tsunade has the second most physical strength, The first is beast and has the most physical strength, the second is beast and is second fastest, you guys finally know about Minato and he ties with the third. So it goes for Now 1st>3rd>4th>2nd>5th

mrsticky005
07-15-2010, 09:10 PM
I think we can all agree on this. 1st-3rd pretty good. Minato the best.

Tsunade, wha? She is the Gerald Ford of Kages.:lol:


Hmmm....


1st=George Washington
2nd=Thomas Jefferson
3rd=Abraham Lincoln
4th=JFK
5th=Gerald Ford
6th(Danzo)=Richard Nixon
7th (Kakashi)=William Henry Harrison
8th (Madara)=Alexander Hamilton
9th (Naruto)=James K Polk

Wooster
07-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Hmmm....


1st=George Washington
2nd=Thomas Jefferson
3rd=Abraham Lincoln
4th=JFK
5th=Gerald Ford
6th(Danzo)=Richard Nixon
7th (Kakashi)=William Henry Harrison
8th (Madara)=James Buchanan
9th (Naruto)=James K PolkHeh that really works. Especially Kakashi.:lol: Madara should be Alexander Hamilton though.

mrsticky005
07-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Heh that really works. Especially Kakashi.:lol: Madara should be Alexander Hamilton though.

fixed

1st=George Washington
2nd=Thomas Jefferson
3rd=Abraham Lincoln
4th=JFK
5th=Gerald Ford
6th(Danzo)=Richard Nixon
7th (Kakashi)=William Henry Harrison
8th (Madara)=Alexander Hamilton
9th (Naruto)=James K Polk

Though what about Naruto as Polk...I totally adlibbed that one

Wooster
07-15-2010, 09:21 PM
fixed

1st=George Washington
2nd=Thomas Jefferson
3rd=Abraham Lincoln
4th=JFK
5th=Gerald Ford
6th(Danzo)=Richard Nixon
7th (Kakashi)=William Henry Harrison
8th (Madara)=Alexander Hamilton
9th (Naruto)=James K Polk

Though what about Naruto as Polk...I totally adlibbed that oneWell Polk is severly underrated, so I guess, he also has the whole Mexican war thing.

Naaah, make Naruto Reagan!

mrsticky005
07-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Well Polk is severly underrated, so I guess, he also has the whole Mexican war thing.

Naaah, make Naruto Reagan!

1st=George Washington
2nd=Thomas Jefferson
3rd=Abraham Lincoln
4th=JFK
5th=Gerald Ford
6th(Danzo)=Richard Nixon
7th (Kakashi)=William Henry Harrison
8th (Madara)=Alexander Hamilton
9th (Naruto)=Ronald Reagan


Ok he's Reagan because they both stop potential wars with speeches.

Wooster
07-15-2010, 09:27 PM
1st=George Washington
2nd=Thomas Jefferson
3rd=Abraham Lincoln
4th=JFK
5th=Gerald Ford
6th(Danzo)=Richard Nixon
7th (Kakashi)=William Henry Harrison
8th (Madara)=Alexander Hamilton
9th (Naruto)=Ronald Reagan


Ok he's Reagan because they both stop potential wars with speeches.
Bingo.

Mr Uchiha, tear down this Gedo Statue.

mrsticky005
07-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Bingo.

Mr Uchiha, tear down this Gedo Statue.


So why is Madara Hamilton?

RasenshurikenSk8boarder
07-15-2010, 10:08 PM
well....seems i got some U.S history here.. lol...anyhoo so apprantly the 2nd knew space/time? okay now lets go to the '' wat the heck?'' moment.....okay so apprantly the 2nd used himself as a decoy so his squad could get away...now heres the ''wt-''....if he knew space/time why didnt he just use it to get them out one by one.....or when he used himself as a decoy, use space/time to get out of there before he got attacked...just like minato did when he fought tobi.....

barak811
07-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Kakashi could totally take Tsunade she's a wimp

MadaraMizukage
07-15-2010, 10:50 PM
kakashi would lose to Tsunade

Namikaze Minato Sensei
07-16-2010, 03:35 AM
Leave Tsunade alone xD i'm having dreams with her ^^ xD

Slack 40
07-16-2010, 05:10 AM
yes minato makes tsunade weak. any hokage makes tsunade look weak however she did save so many lives.

Minato is strong because of 2 things, Speed and FTG. Face it without FTG Minato wouldn't have gotten very far yes speed is important but eventually his speed wouldn't save him. Yes he has rasengan but so does komahararu now xD. Yes he summons gama and uses deamon dead consuming seal (or whatever its called) but DDCS kills the user.

The following is mostly HYPE its unfortunate that we have no feats to support it.
1st hokage was able to beat PRIME Madara who had the 9 tails on his side. Minato beat a weakend madara and sealed the 9 tails. 1st hokage lived, minato died.

2nd hokage we don't know much about but what mrsticky005 said and the fact that he has the greatest water style ninjutsu and possibly space and time ninjutsu make him strong, but still we don't know much about him so as far as we know Minato is stronger.

3rd hokage was said to be the strongest hokage, nuff said. also i think we are gonna see some sarutobi feats in the next chapter.

5th tsuande can't beat minato as far as i'm concerned.

Wooster
07-16-2010, 06:23 AM
So why is Madara Hamilton?
Because Hamiltonian never was the president, but nearly formed his own personal military and then was killed in a duel. Seems pretty good to me.

Black Shuck
07-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Just because Danzou said Tobirama was the best doesn't mean anything. I mean Naruto grew up thinking Minato was the best Hokage ever and there are some people who will say that was Sarutobi or Hashirama. Besides if they achieve the Hokage title then its pretty obvious they're really strong.


And I totally agree with you on the Tsunade thing...she is weak strength wise but she did an excellent job saving as many people as she did....the village can be reconstructed but lives can't. :)
This should be enough not to call him weak. (Danzo said the 2nd was the best out there in his time)

And yeah, Minato is totally bad ass. It's good now he has a few decent feats.
Tsunade is obviously the weakest hokage (strength wise) but you can't underestimate the lives she saved. Hopefully she will do some more before leaving off to heavens.
>> He didn't compare Tobirama against 1st, 3rd or 4th.
I was just saying he shouldn't be considered weak.

toad
07-16-2010, 07:13 AM
yes minato=badass lol imagine if he could go sage mode

Danielle
07-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Hmmm....


1st=George Washington
2nd=Thomas Jefferson
3rd=Abraham Lincoln
4th=JFK
5th=Gerald Ford
6th(Danzo)=Richard Nixon
7th (Kakashi)=William Henry Harrison
8th (Madara)=Alexander Hamilton
9th (Naruto)=James K Polk
How is Madara a kage? :cool:


Anywho, Minato's good, and he has skill. But I think the Tsunade has him beat by saving the majority of the villagers during the Pain arc.

MadaraMizukage
07-16-2010, 07:40 AM
Minato can go sage mode, did you read or even watched the episodes they mentioned him training for it. And acording to video game the 2nd he does have some time and space jutsu... in the game he uses water to move faster. This is just my theory based off of Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3

Black Shuck
07-16-2010, 08:39 AM
Minato can go sage mode, did you read or even watched the episodes they mentioned him training for it. And acording to video game the 2nd he does have some time and space jutsu... in the game he uses water to move faster. This is just my theory based off of Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3
What the heck are you talking about? Which episode?
How is Madara a kage? :cool:


Anywho, Minato's good, and he has skill. But I think the Tsunade has him beat by saving the majority of the villagers during the Pain arc.
Minato saved Konoha by sealing the naughty foxy. Tsunade didn't beat him.

MadaraMizukage
07-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Its not confirmed that he can go Sage mode but most likely he can. Minato has a lot of involvement with the toads and i am pretty sure that he could easily do sage mode. He is not hard headed like Jaraiya and Naruto.

zerosameri
07-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Considering someone weak just because s/he doesn't have feats is just stupid. (no offence) I know they are essential to have logical arguments and all. But c'mon.. hype should count for something(?) -at least for a statement like that.
Yeah. Naruto will beat her ass. Like I said she's no fighter. (relatively) I know he is strong, I can't figure out how to word it right.

Minato fought and sealed the Nine Tails. That's hardly being weak.

Hokages should be considered strong top ninja until proven otherwise.

It has not yet been proven that Tobirama Senju the 2nd Hokage is weak
because we do not know how elite and powerful the Kinkaku Force was.

Tsunade however we have seen. She's about the same as Jirayia or Orochimaru in strength. However to be fair she's past her prime.


The strength levels in Naruto though are kinda iffy as for the sake of plot genins are made to be geniuses while jonins are made to be a joke.When did I say Minato was weak? Minato is REALLY strong

Naruto > Tsunade
Geninn > Hokage (rank isn't really anything but it was funny to point out)
Kid > Adult

I know the 2nd is strong as hell, my wording sucks :lol:

True

Yes!


Kakashi could totally take Tsunade she's a wimp Tsuande is not that weak

yes minato makes tsunade weak. any hokage makes tsunade look weak however she did save so many lives.

Minato is strong because of 2 things, Speed and FTG. Face it without FTG Minato wouldn't have gotten very far yes speed is important but eventually his speed wouldn't save him. Yes he has rasengan but so does komahararu now xD. Yes he summons gama and uses deamon dead consuming seal (or whatever its called) but DDCS kills the user.

The following is mostly HYPE its unfortunate that we have no feats to support it.
1st hokage was able to beat PRIME Madara who had the 9 tails on his side. Minato beat a weakend madara and sealed the 9 tails. 1st hokage lived, minato died.

2nd hokage we don't know much about but what mrsticky005 said and the fact that he has the greatest water style ninjutsu and possibly space and time ninjutsu make him strong, but still we don't know much about him so as far as we know Minato is stronger.

3rd hokage was said to be the strongest hokage, nuff said. also i think we are gonna see some sarutobi feats in the next chapter.

5th tsuande can't beat minato as far as i'm concerned.She saved a lot of people so did the medic's.

Minato's rasengan, is funny looking. A circle with some scribble in it XD

Yea yea yea. I know that *fight wise*
1st > Madara
Minato < Madara (kinda)

I know the 2nd is REALLY strong.

Minato and the 1st seem to be the strongest Hokage's (basing this on from what we saw and know about them) When he learn more about the 2rd I am sure Minato won't look as badass as he does now XD

Its not confirmed that he can go Sage mode but most likely he can. Minato has a lot of involvement with the toads and i am pretty sure that he could easily do sage mode. He is not hard headed like Jaraiya and Naruto. No he can't

MadaraMizukage
07-16-2010, 10:35 AM
The only reason you guys say that he cant use Sage Mode is because what the frogs and other people said in Naruto. Keep in mind that Naruto is not suppose to know about his dad. Thats why in Naruto they didnt mention Minato going Sage and only Jaraiya going sage. And Kishimoto is/was trying to make Naruto dad a suprise kind of thing. He does not want you to know everything about the 4th. Its just like everyother jutsu/technique in the show... all a mystery but total badass, sooner or later it gets reveal and explained


Either way the 4th is still Awesome

Lady Tsunade
07-16-2010, 10:36 AM
I know. Tsunade looks like a downer compared to all the other hokages. She seems the weakest of them all now. :lol:
http://thepqnation.com/livingwicked/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/oh_no_you_didnt.gif
Tsunade really didn't do anything for the village besides the obvious. Now with Tobirama I think he did in a one of the Ninja's war.

Well, besides saving the entire Village from dying. And saving the bodies of the already dead from being crushed into a pulp by Chibaku Tensei. She also put more medical ninja on squads to increase their survival rate on missions. She also managed to organise the rebuilding of the Leaf Village twice, and recover it from the huge losses of numbers after the attack from Orochimaru when Hiruzen died. She obviously managed to heal severe injuries which most other people deemed a lost cause. And did more advanced work with medical groups on observing corpses and discovering things about the enemy [Akatsuki]

Saying she didn't really do anything outside the obvious. Is ridiculous.
This should be enough not to call him weak. (Danzo said the 2nd was the best out there in his time)

And yeah, Minato is totally bad ass. It's good now he has a few decent feats.
Tsunade is obviously the weakest hokage (strength wise) but you can't underestimate the lives she saved. Hopefully she will do some more before leaving off to heavens.

Well,from feats

Minato isn't the strongest Kage.
From Hype he is :o Tobirama needs more feats, so does Tsunade. I agree >_<

Waterstar
07-16-2010, 10:46 AM
He does seem very powerful. I can see why minato was left as a legend to the Hidden Leaf village.

Sarutobi: No wonder Naruto is so strong, he gets it from his father.

Tourune
07-16-2010, 11:04 AM
I Thought the same thing

zerosameri
07-16-2010, 11:30 AM
http://thepqnation.com/livingwicked/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/oh_no_you_didnt.gif


Well, besides saving the entire Village from dying. And saving the bodies of the already dead from being crushed into a pulp by Chibaku Tensei. She also put more medical ninja on squads to increase their survival rate on missions. She also managed to organise the rebuilding of the Leaf Village twice, and recover it from the huge losses of numbers after the attack from Orochimaru when Hiruzen died. She obviously managed to heal severe injuries which most other people deemed a lost cause. And did more advanced work with medical groups on observing corpses and discovering things about the enemy [Akatsuki]

Saying she didn't really do anything outside the obvious. Is ridiculous.


Well,from feats

Minato isn't the strongest Kage.
From Hype he is :o Tobirama needs more feats, so does Tsunade. I agree >_< :lol:


Fine.

Danielle
07-16-2010, 12:18 PM
What the heck are you talking about? Which episode?

Minato saved Konoha by sealing the naughty foxy. Tsunade didn't beat him.
She saved lives is what I think is important.

Ellie
07-16-2010, 12:36 PM
well wasnt the third hokage like the strongest hokage ever because he was known as the God of Shinobi in his prime and yeah sure he was defeated by orochimaru but dont forget he was like 69 or something when he was fighting orochimaru and also he was able to hold his own against Orochimaru and two former Hokages without losing his composure, so in my opinion i dont think minato was all that great because minato is only in his prime and if hiruzen was in his prime and fought minato....hiruzen would totally win ^_^

Parak111
07-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Well...the Fourth isn't that strong. Yeah, he's legendary but I doubt he's better than the First Hokage. The First could control Tailed Beasts after all. He's not better than the First but as good as him.

WindScar22
07-16-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm glad Minato's finally getting some feats. Anyway, all of the Hokages were strong in their own right. They had different abilities that made them great, and each one was the best Hokage in his own way. They did things that only they could have done, so I think that all of the Hokages are equal as to what they did for the village, not for strength.

Black Shuck
07-16-2010, 05:44 PM
She saved lives is what I think is important.
Minato sealed the Kyubi thus saving huge amount of people who would otherwise be dead.
and this.. >>
I'm glad Minato's finally getting some feats. Anyway, all of the Hokages were strong in their own right. They had different abilities that made them great, and each one was the best Hokage in his own way. They did things that only they could have done, so I think that all of the Hokages are equal as to what they did for the village, not for strength.
_________
well wasnt the third hokage like the strongest hokage ever because he was known as the God of Shinobi in his prime and yeah sure he was defeated by orochimaru but dont forget he was like 69 or something when he was fighting orochimaru and also he was able to hold his own against Orochimaru and two former Hokages without losing his composure, so in my opinion i dont think minato was all that great because minato is only in his prime and if hiruzen was in his prime and fought minato....hiruzen would totally win ^_^
According to Kishi, there are pretty even.

3littlepigs
07-16-2010, 06:18 PM
>> He didn't compare Tobirama against 1st, 3rd or 4th.
I was just saying he shouldn't be considered weak.
I know he didn't compare him to other Hokages. My point was that just because Danzou said he was the strongest doesn't mean anything....the Naruto thing was my example.
Well...the Fourth isn't that strong. Yeah, he's legendary but I doubt he's better than the First Hokage. The First could control Tailed Beasts after all. He's not better than the First but as good as him.
The 1st founded the village and yeah he could control the bijuus but he had a powerful kekkei genkai to thank for that and he did inherited part of the Sage's powers just by being a Senju. So far it hasn't been confirmed whether or not Minato even belongs to a clan much less that he inherited anything from the Sage. I don't think it's fair to say he wasn't all that or that strong just because Hashirama was better....let's also keep in mind Minato was the youngest out of all the Hokage so far so if Madara hadn't interfered in his life he still had so much more he could have accomplished. Hashirama also had more time....Point being it's hard for all the other Hokage to surpass Hashirama. :)

Black Shuck
07-16-2010, 06:29 PM
I know he didn't compare him to other Hokages. My point was that just because Danzou said he was the strongest doesn't mean anything....the Naruto thing was my example.
'kay.

..But Danzo's statement should have at least a tad bit of an impact on the fact "Tobirama is not weak".
:|

3littlepigs
07-16-2010, 07:15 PM
'kay.

..But Danzo's statement should have at least a tad bit of an impact on the fact "Tobirama is not weak".
:|
lol That font is so small and the color is so dark I almost didn't see it :shock:...I guess if you admired Danzou even a little bit then yeah his statement could be an impact on the fact of Hashirama not being weak (although I never did say he was weak I just disputed the fact of him being the best) but in my case I could never take anything Danzou said and consider it important but that's just me.

Black Shuck
07-16-2010, 07:42 PM
lol That font is so small and the color is so dark I almost didn't see it :shock:...I guess if you admired Danzou even a little bit then yeah his statement could be an impact on the fact of Hashirama not being weak (although I never did say he was weak I just disputed the fact of him being the best) but in my case I could never take anything Danzou said and consider it important but that's just me.
I'm no fan of Danzo. But that shouldn't change anything.
>> It was originally meant for Zero.

coil
07-16-2010, 11:45 PM
Minato was pretty cool, i wouldn't say he makes the other hokages look like bugs because like Ellie said after seeing Hiruzen fight must have been pretty bad ass in his prime. I don't see how Tsunade was the weakest though, she could crush boulders with her hands Lol. Oh and can someone explain how she isn't a fighter? It was revealed that on missions she would go in to punch dodging any hits that come her way. That's how she trained Sakura.

Idk but i think Danzo was the weakest. Just a guess though.

mrsticky005
07-17-2010, 12:08 AM
How is Madara a kage? :cool:


Anywho, Minato's good, and he has skill. But I think the Tsunade has him beat by saving the majority of the villagers during the Pain arc.

I think you meant How is Madara a Hokage?

Madara was a Mizukage at one point.


Anywho, Madara never does become Hokage. Though it be epic if he did...
Of course it would be that he becomes Hokage through force. So it wouldn't be official and he pretty much be mocking the title.

Black Shuck
07-17-2010, 12:37 AM
Minato was pretty cool, i wouldn't say he makes the other hokages look like bugs because like Ellie said after seeing Hiruzen fight must have been pretty bad ass in his prime. I don't see how Tsunade was the weakest though, she could crush boulders with her hands Lol. Oh and can someone explain how she isn't a fighter? It was revealed that on missions she would go in to punch dodging any hits that come her way. That's how she trained Sakura.

Idk but i think Danzo was the weakest. Just a guess though.
Tsunade is the weakest compared to other Hokages. (Physical strength wise: she probably is the "strongest", yes)
Danzo never really was an official hokage.

coil
07-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Tsunade is the weakest compared to other Hokages. (Physical strength wise: she probably is the "strongest", yes)
Danzo never really was an official hokage.
I know what the topic is about so no need to underline buddy. I don't see how that was proven though? We haven't seen enough of any of the hokages to say who the best is with 100% certainty. Most of their abilities aren't even listed in the data books.

I belive that the third was the best in his prime, maybe not as good in his last years but better then the first two. When the third fought the first two he blew off their leg 1-2 episodes into their fight. Tsunade is about equal with Oro which tell me that she is better then the first 2 and about as good as Hiruzen was in his old age but not as good in his prime.

Now it's hard to say where Minato lies in the bunch. I would say the best was Hiruzen, then either Tsunade or Minato, then Hashirama, then Tobirama.

Black Shuck
07-17-2010, 01:38 AM
I know what the topic is about so no need to underline buddy. I don't see how that was proven though? We haven't seen enough of any of the hokages to say who the best is with 100% certainty. Most of their abilities aren't even listed in the data books.

I belive that the third was the best in his prime, maybe not as good in his last years but better then the first two. When the third fought the first two he blew off their leg 1-2 episodes into their fight. Tsunade is about equal with Oro which tell me that she is better then the first 2 and about as good as Hiruzen was in his old age but not as good in his prime.

Now it's hard to say where Minato lies in the bunch. I would say the best was Hiruzen, then either Tsunade or Minato, then Hashirama, then Tobirama.
:arrow:
Shonen Jump: While we're at it... could you please tell us if Minato was the strongest shinobi that ever lived?

Masashi Kishimoto: Hmmm, it's a tricky question. As far as dead shinobis goes, then yes, he's the strongest. I'd say that Sandaime shares the number one spot with him. As far as living shinobis goes... well, without going into many details I'd have to say no. There's a couple of shinobis whose stronger than him.
<03.2008>
The zombie bros were just puppets. They weren't as skilled as their true selves.
Tsunade is no way as powerful as Orochimaru. (She fought with handicapped Oro if you didn't notice)

coil
07-17-2010, 01:51 AM
Part of my estimation came from the official data books which were created by Kishimoto. According the latest book Tsunade was about equaly skilled as Oro, so Oro not having use of his arms in that fight means nothing. According to that Kishi pretty much agrees anyway, i underestimated Minato a little that's all.

Black Shuck
07-17-2010, 02:01 AM
Part of my estimation came from the official data books which were created by Kishimoto. According the latest book Tsunade was about equaly skilled as Oro, so Oro not having use of his arms in that fight means nothing. According to that Kishi pretty much agrees anyway, i underestimated Minato a little that's all.
If you are referring to stats, they don't necessarily mean characters with higher stats are always superior in fighting skill.
If not, please quote your references.
>> Are you friggin' kidding me?

coil
07-17-2010, 02:10 AM
Yes i am reffering to stats, why doesn't that mean anything? Why wouldn't their fighting ablility have anything to do with their fighting? Please explain.

Black Shuck
07-17-2010, 02:25 AM
Yes i am reffering to stats, why doesn't that mean anything? Why wouldn't their fighting(?) ablility have anything to do with their fighting? Please explain.
`|(
>> First off: Read my post again.

coil
07-17-2010, 02:46 AM
If by fighting skill you mean taijutsu they do grade them on that. They grade the characters on ninjutsu, taijutsu, genjutsu, inelligence, strength, speed, stamina and handseal knowlege. So what else would they need to be graded on? If that is why you wanted me to reread your post? Be more specific please.

Black Shuck
07-17-2010, 03:08 AM
If you are referring to stats, they don't necessarily mean characters with higher stats are always superior in fighting skill.
If not, please quote your references.
>> Are you friggin' kidding me?
Yes i am reffering to stats, why doesn't that mean anything? Why wouldn't their fighting ablility have anything to do with their fighting? Please explain.
See? you're twisting things. :]

If by fighting skill you mean taijutsu they do grade them on that. They grade the characters on ninjutsu, taijutsu, genjutsu, inelligence, strength, speed, stamina and handseal knowlege. So what else would they need to be graded on? If that is why you wanted me to reread your post? Be more specific please.
No, not only Taijutsu. All other sections as well.
Ex: Neji | Naruto : (1DB) 21 | 14.5 (2DB) 25 | 18.5 (3DB) 27 | 26
- Naruto's never-giving-up-thing, deception skill and Kyubi chakra helped him to win against Neji. But they are not included in stats.
________
- I think Tsunade's healing skill made her stat equal with Oro's.

coil
07-17-2010, 03:29 AM
See? you're twisting things. :]


No, not only Taijutsu. All other sections as well.



Ex: Neji | Naruto :

(1DB) 21 | 14.5
(2DB) 25 | 18.5
(3DB) 27 | 26
- Naruto's never-giving-up-thing, deception skill and Kyubi chakra helped him to win against Neji. But they are not included in stats.
________
- I think Tsunade's healing skill made her stat equal with Oro's.
Well her healing jutsus makes their ninjutsu equal. She is a medic ninja which is why she focused her training on chakra control (for strength) and menuverability (so she can reduce the chance of dying when on a mission so she can give medical support.) They both have their own strength and weaknesses but they pretty much balance each other out. Tsunade's abilities being taijutsu and strength and Oros genjutsu and seal knowledge. It says 5 for ninjutsu and intelligence. It says they are around equal and neither of them has a beast inside of them so the dont have extra chakra or anything.

Black Shuck
07-17-2010, 03:47 AM
Well her healing jutsus makes their ninjutsu equal. She is a medic ninja which is why she focused her training on chakra control (for strength) and menuverability (so she can reduce the chance of dying when on a mission so she can give medical support.) They both have their own strength and weaknesses but they pretty much balance each other out. Tsunade's abilities being taijutsu and strength and Oros genjutsu and seal knowledge. It says 5 for ninjutsu and intelligence. It says they are around equal and neither of them has a beast inside of them so the dont have extra chakra or anything.
Edo Tensei!!
I'm not gonna argue about this anymore.
Read this (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29602).

I know what the topic is about so no need to underline buddy. I don't see how that was proven though? We haven't seen enough of any of the hokages to say who the best is with 100% certainty. Most of their abilities aren't even listed in the data books.

I belive that the third was the best in his prime, maybe not as good in his last years but better then the first two. When the third fought the first two he blew off their leg 1-2 episodes into their fight. Tsunade is about equal with Oro which tell me that she is better then the first 2 and about as good as Hiruzen was in his old age but not as good in his prime.

Now it's hard to say where Minato lies in the bunch. I would say the best was Hiruzen, then either Tsunade or Minato, then Hashirama, then Tobirama.
Let's revert back to your Tsunade > Hashirama argument, shall we?

coil
07-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Ok but Oro had a lot to do with that idea. So if Hiruzen can beat the first 2 hokages and Oro can fight equally with the third and Tsunade is equal to Oro, then Tsunade can beat Hashirama and Tobirama. Makes sense right?

Hidden Ninja45
07-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Minato was awesome. It does seem like he was the most powerful Hokage. Before, everyone just said that out of hype, but now we have feats to back it up. I can't wait to see what happens next. It's just sad that Minato is going to die at the end of this flashback.

yondaime
07-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Yeah, Minato does make all other Hokage's look like a bug because we haven't seen most of the Hokage's strengths. Especially, the 2nd Hokages. Minato said that the 2nd Hokage could also use space/time ninjutsu. So, he was probably really strong. Also, I think Minato is even stronger that what we have seen. I mean, he only used one or two jutsus to get Madara/masked man. I would want to see more of his jutsus and I wonder what Element he uses.

narulvr
07-17-2010, 08:15 PM
i like tsunade and all but she got beat up by kabuto... way b4 he got oro's power so tht kinda speaks on her streght, but she good at healin though

Black Shuck
07-17-2010, 08:39 PM
Ok but Oro had a lot to do with that idea. So if Hiruzen can beat the first 2 hokages and Oro can fight equally with the third and Tsunade is equal to Oro, then Tsunade can beat Hashirama and Tobirama. Makes sense right?
IF only, -kinda makes sense. But it's not.

A few facts.
Hashirama >> Zombie Hashirama
Tobirama >> Zombie Tobirama
Hiruzen in his prime >> Tsunade
Hiruzen in his prime > Oro
Old Hiruzen =< Oro
Tsunade < Oro
Hashirama + Tobirama >> Hiruzen in his prime
Hashirama won against Madara who possess EMS and had Kyubi on his side.
[^Major (known) feats: Wood release, Ability to control tailed beasts & Bringer of darkness technique]
Tsunade has no hope of wining against her gramps.

coil
07-17-2010, 11:35 PM
IF only, -kinda makes sense. But it's not.

A few facts.
Hashirama >> Zombie Hashirama
Tobirama >> Zombie Tobirama
Hiruzen in his prime >> Tsunade
Hiruzen in his prime > Oro
Old Hiruzen =< Oro
Tsunade < Oro
Hashirama + Tobirama >> Hiruzen in his prime
Hashirama won against Madara who possess EMS and had Kyubi on his side.
[^Major (known) feats: Wood release, Ability to control tailed beasts & Bringer of darkness technique]
Tsunade has no hope of wining against her gramps.
That list seems more like opinions then facts. When has anyone said that Oro's reanimation jutsu makes the people he ressurects weaker then original? I don't think that was ever even hinted. I agree that Hashirama had amazing abilities but who is to say that Hiruzen couldn't beat Madara? Tsunade might be able to also. Madara may have been the leader of the Uchiha clan but Hiruzen and Tsunade were/are leaders of the leaf village. Being a clan leader isn't as good as a feat. Of course i am just basing these ideas on what i have seen but we might learn more about Oror's reanimation jutsu soon, if you read the chapter where Kabuto meets with Tobi.

Narulvr, keep in mind that Tsunade had hemophobia. She was so afraid of blood that she couldn't even move.

Black Shuck
07-18-2010, 08:34 AM
That list seems more like opinions then facts. When has anyone said that Oro's reanimation jutsu makes the people he ressurects weaker then original? I don't think that was ever even hinted. I agree that Hashirama had amazing abilities but who is to say that Hiruzen couldn't beat Madara? Tsunade might be able to also. Madara may have been the leader of the Uchiha clan but Hiruzen and Tsunade were/are leaders of the leaf village. Being a clan leader isn't as good as a feat. Of course i am just basing these ideas on what i have seen but we might learn more about Oror's reanimation jutsu soon, if you read the chapter where Kabuto meets with Tobi.

Narulvr, keep in mind that Tsunade had hemophobia. She was so afraid of blood that she couldn't even move.
Well.. they obviously are cut off from their free will and converted to mere puppets with same (or less -more likely) power. We have yet to learn more about Edo Tensei's full extent and its drawbacks.
"Hashirama(prime) + Tobirama(prime) < Hiruzen(geezer)" is a no go!
..So if Hiruzen can beat the first 2 hokages and Oro can fight equally with the third and Tsunade is equal to Oro..
______
"Madara(prime) < Tsunade"? WTH??!
Being the leader of a clan might mean nothing. But Hashirama and Madara was also said to be the strongest in their respective clans. And Uchiha and Senju were considered to be the most powerful clans at the time.

Hemophobia doesn't help in a fight. :roll:

In any case, by now you should accept the fact that Tsunade can't beat Orochimaru. (It has been proven in details in the thread which I mentioned in one of my previous posts) So your logic is failure from the start.
However if you want to (properly) debate match ups like senju bros vs tsunade, madara vs. tsunade, etc and tell your side, I suggest you to make individual threads about 'em in Battlegrounds.
(..continue like this and it might lead you to get a custom rank as well ;) )

FlyingThunderGod
07-18-2010, 10:00 AM
The third is the strongest hands down. He took on 3 great shinobis. First Hokage, Second Hokage, and Orichimaru. he manage to defeat the first and second. Keep in mind that Hiruzen was not in his prime. Also Emma said Third Skills was horrible compared to the 3rd in his prime. But Minato is not that bad either

3littlepigs
07-18-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm no fan of Danzo. But that shouldn't change anything.
>> It was originally meant for Zero.
Well it changes things for me...for me words can have more value depending who's saying them....

>> Sorry then, didn't mean to intrude on your debate ;)

*Talim of the moonlight*
07-18-2010, 09:46 PM
I've noticed that too....Tsunade just lacks the skills Minato has i guess.! =D

coil
07-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Well.. they obviously are cut off from their free will and converted to mere puppets with same (or less -more likely) power. We have yet to learn more about Edo Tensei's full extent and its drawbacks.
"Hashirama(prime) + Tobirama(prime) < Hiruzen(geezer)" is a no go!

______
"Madara(prime) < Tsunade"? WTH??!
Being the leader of a clan might mean nothing. But Hashirama and Madara was also said to be the strongest in their respective clans. And Uchiha and Senju were considered to be the most powerful clans at the time.

Hemophobia doesn't help in a fight. :roll:

In any case, by now you should accept the fact that Tsunade can't beat Orochimaru. (It has been proven in details in the thread which I mentioned in one of my previous posts) So your logic is failure from the start.
However if you want to (properly) debate match ups like senju bros vs tsunade, madara vs. tsunade, etc and tell your side, I suggest you to make individual threads about 'em in Battlegrounds.
(..continue like this and it might lead you to get a custom rank as well ;) )
I could have sworn that i had proven that they are equal. Anyway all i am going to say now is that Hashirama and Tobirama were forced to do Orochimaru's bidding but they both still had their original minds which is obvious by the way they apologized before Hiruzen killed them. I agree that Hasirama and Madara were the best in their generation but there are even better shinobi now. I am just going to end it there because i am getting kind of sick of this debate also.

byakuganmaster3695
07-18-2010, 11:16 PM
No really he does epically Tsunade> I mean has of right now she does not seem has the great Hokage same with the 3rd and 2nd (I know there grat just power wise) We haven't seen what the 2nd can do and well Tsunade has nature strength and is a healer Minato is just a plain out badass.

Now the 1st hokage founded the village, fought Madara [ect], the 3rd Hokage really hasn't shown any super great power besides the few times.

Minato's current power really is something.

actually ur wrong they all have shown great powers and have done a lot more the only reason minato gets the attention is because hes the main characters father and he saved the village from the 9 tailed fox

Jakropha
07-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Tsunade sucks, thats all there is to it

2nd CAN use space and time ninjutsu, which is why I think he is somehow connected to Madara or 'Tobi'

byakuganmaster3695
08-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Tsunade sucks, thats all there is to it

2nd CAN use space and time ninjutsu, which is why I think he is somehow connected to Madara or 'Tobi'

u r super wrong. first tsunade doesnt suck she has done a lot for the village. for example she had stopped another possible invasion by orochimaru in shippuden by not healing his arms. then in the pain arc she not only fought him off a little she protected the village and had used katsuki (i think thats how u spell the slugs name) to heal everybody she can. so she has done a lot she just isnt as awesome as all the other hokages and his skill isnt as great as theres.

also as for the second hokage thing i also believe u r super wrong because how did he get a sharigan eye? and why would he want to destroy the village he was in charge of and the village his brother (the first hokage) created? also he cant be alive because orochimaru couldnt have brought him back from the dead in the invasion arc when he faced the third hokage

(EDIT:where i put the read r u talking about the second hokage or minato? if talking about minato im am sorry for the second part and i miss undersood u)

zerosameri
08-01-2010, 05:11 PM
u r super wrong. first tsunade doesnt suck she has done a lot for the village. for example she had stopped another possible invasion by orochimaru in shippuden by not healing his arms. then in the pain arc she not only fought him off a little she protected the village and had used katsuki (i think thats how u spell the slugs name) to heal everybody she can. so she has done a lot she just isnt as awesome as all the other hokages and his skill isnt as great as theres.

also as for the second hokage thing i also believe u r super wrong because how did he get a sharigan eye? and why would he want to destroy the village he was in charge of and the village his brother (the first hokage) created? also he cant be alive because orochimaru couldnt have brought him back from the dead in the invasion arc when he faced the third hokage

(EDIT:where i put the read r u talking about the second hokage or minato? if talking about minato im am sorry for the second part and i miss undersood u)Your super wrong. Minato has a Space Time Jutsu and no sharingan. The 2nd Hokage has a Space time Jutsu stated by Minato.

SimpleGenin
08-01-2010, 09:36 PM
All the kages are respected in their own way and saying one is better than the other is just based on personal opinion. And it seem to me that their's many Tsunade bashers here but thats to be expected. She excels in medical field and in taijutsu. Most people here just wants to see who's "stronger" based on fighting capabilities. In my opinion being kage doesnt mean who's strongest but how far your willing to protect the village and your contribution to the village. Tsunade may not be as "strong" as the other kages but she contributed plenty of times to the village even before she became the hokage as did the previous hokage that came before. example She was the only one capable of countering Chiyo's adept poison during the Great War. No matter how "strong" the other kages might be, none of them are capable of handling strong poison. Could Konoha have lost the war if it wasnt for Tsunade? Highly likely since its stated that no one else could have made the cure. Also take in mind that although Tsunade is the Hokage, she is still a medical ninja and as Tsunade said, a medical ninja's top priority is evasion so that they can heal the wounded.. Each of the Hokage were powerful in their own way and each contributed to the village the way they could.

Black Shuck
08-01-2010, 09:51 PM
All the kages are respected in their own way and saying one is better than the other is just based on personal opinion. And it seem to me that their's many Tsunade bashers here but thats to be expected. She excels in medical field and in taijutsu. Most people here just wants to see who's "stronger" based on fighting capabilities. In my opinion being kage doesnt mean who's strongest but how far your willing to protect the village and your contribution to the village. Tsunade may not be as "strong" as the other kages but she contributed plenty of times to the village even before she became the hokage as did the previous hokage that came before. example She was the only one capable of countering Chiyo's adept poison during the Great War. No matter how "strong" the other kages might be, none of them are capable of handling strong poison. Could Konoha have lost the war if it wasnt for Tsunade? Highly likely since its stated that no one else could have made the cure. Also take in mind that although Tsunade is the Hokage, she is still a medical ninja and as Tsunade said, a medical ninja's top priority is evasion so that they can heal the wounded.. Each of the Hokage were powerful in their own way and each contributed to the village the way they could.
Yeah.

Most Tsunade
lovers: Don't take her as she is and try to convince others that Tsunade is on hell of a fighter.
haters: Just say she's an ultra fodder and needs to die.
:roll:

SimpleGenin
08-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Yeah.


Most Tsunade

lovers: Don't take her as she is and try to convince others that Tsunade is on hell of a fighter.
haters: Just say she's an ultra fodder and needs to die.
:roll:

Tsunade is one of my favorite character, other than Orochimaru and Jiraiya, but Im not gonna say she's something she's not.

Tsunade

lovers: like her because of what she's capable of. like her for her medical prowess and her beauty

haters: atleast respect the fact that she contributed plenty of times to the village and did what she thought was right and have the certainty that she will give her life away if it means saving her villagers

Black Shuck
08-01-2010, 10:35 PM
I was talking about the majority. It appears you're talking about the rest. :]

Bulldog
08-02-2010, 02:47 AM
Minato protected the village sacraficed himself even though he didint have to.

hell yes he is the best hokage.

Kiseki
08-02-2010, 12:58 PM
I wonder how awesome he would be if he was still alive.
Yes, I agree he is the best Hokage ever! :D

zerosameri
08-02-2010, 01:27 PM
I wonder how awesome he would be if he was still alive.
Yes, I agree he is the best Hokage ever! :D
he sure lived up to his hype.

kakuzu58
08-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Cooler, Younger, Faster, And learned the Fushin no Shishi?or Fushin Shishi

Kakuzu
08-02-2010, 01:40 PM
We didn't really see much of the other Hokage's powers (besides the Third and Fifth). And I'm sure everybody here would agree that Tsunade is the worst Hokage yet...`:| We witnessed the basic powers of the first and second Hokages, but I think that we didn't see the full extent in that battle between the Third and the first two Hokages. However, I would still have to say he's the greatest Hokage yet.

Lavitz Slambert
08-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Well, I mean you can look up there jutsu's and stuff.

Kakuzu
08-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Well, I mean you can look up there jutsu's and stuff.

Well, I'm saying that I don't think we really saw their full potential. Maybe jutsus that remains unkonwn as well.

Bulldog
08-02-2010, 06:00 PM
we just dont know how good minato was politcally.

byakuganmaster3695
08-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Your super wrong. Minato has a Space Time Jutsu and no sharingan. The 2nd Hokage has a Space time Jutsu stated by Minato.

im not saying the second needs a sharigan eye im saying we have seen tobi with a sharigan so um saying he doesnt have one for him to be tobi so im not super wrong

zerosameri
08-02-2010, 11:34 PM
im not saying the second needs a sharigan eye im saying we have seen tobi with a sharigan so um saying he doesnt have one for him to be tobi so im not super wrongWhat are you trying to say?

Harlequin
08-03-2010, 03:04 AM
Why only hokage when he is the best kage there is.

darkjam
08-03-2010, 03:15 AM
I would say that he's my favourite hokage, but remember Hashirama defeated Madara at full strength, so I'm not sure saying Minato makes the rest of them look like a bug is entirely true..

Harlequin
08-03-2010, 03:16 AM
I would say that he's my favourite hokage, but remember Hashirama defeated Madara at full strength, so I'm not sure saying Minato makes the rest of them look like a bug is entirely true..
Yes but he isn't as improved and wise as compared to back when he fought hashirama. He is hence stronger when he fought minato.

darkjam
08-03-2010, 03:20 AM
Yes but he isn't as improved and wise as compared to back when he fought hashirama. He is hence stronger when he fought minato.

Oh I thought he was weaker... seeing as he said he doesn't have the power he used to...

Harlequin
08-03-2010, 03:22 AM
Oh I thought he was weaker... seeing as he said he doesn't have the power he used to...
Nope, compared to that time and now his mangekyou(eternal) is even stronger now and even probably mastered more jutsu's from his mangekyou. He has only shown space time jutsu.

darkjam
08-03-2010, 03:27 AM
Nope, compared to that time and now his mangekyou(eternal) is even stronger now and even probably mastered more jutsu's from his mangekyou. He has only shown space time jutsu.

I somewhat doubt that... I am fairly sure he has said that he was stronger before... Oh and that makes no difference to my original point; that being that whilst he may be the strongest he doesn't make them all look like bugs.

Harlequin
08-03-2010, 03:31 AM
I somewhat doubt that... I am fairly sure he has said that he was stronger before... Oh and that makes no difference to my original point; that being that whilst he may be the strongest he doesn't make them all look like bugs.
I didn't say he made them look like bugs, it was another user.

That reply is just fanboyism which is something I despise when I discuss things some don't usually wanna admit the truth but anyway back on-topic, when madara fought minato he gave him a deal of a trouble if you've read the manga, if it weren't for the Flying Thundergod Technique of Minato he would be definitely be in a fix not to mention he outsmarted the madara and his space time jutsu.

darkjam
08-03-2010, 03:38 AM
I didn't say he made them look like bugs, it was another user.

That reply is just fanboyism which is something I despise when I discuss things some don't usually wanna admit the truth but anyway back on-topic, when madara fought minato he gave him a deal of a trouble if you've read the manga, if it weren't for the Flying Thundergod Technique of Minato he would be definitely be in a fix not to mention he outsmarted the madara and his space time jutsu.

I know, I was just saying.

Yeah he did have alot of trouble defeating Madara, pity Madara ran away >> I wanted it to be a longer fight.

SimpleGenin
08-03-2010, 04:24 AM
Mandara is weaker now than when he fought the 1st.

Itachi- "mandara is nothing but shell of his former self, not worthy to be called the strongest" or something along those line.

darkjam
08-03-2010, 04:28 AM
Mandara is weaker now than when he fought the 1st.

Itachi- "mandara is nothing but shell of his former self, not worthy to be called the strongest" or something along those line.

^That's the quote I was looking for. Thanks for that ^^

SimpleGenin
08-03-2010, 04:35 AM
^That's the quote I was looking for. Thanks for that ^^
no problem. :geek: god im a nerd haha

slyfoxx
08-03-2010, 05:29 AM
HOKAGE POWER RANKINGS.....

1. MINATO...I could talk allday on his his skills but beating THE MASKED GUY in one swift move should be enough.
2. THE THIRD .... He beat the beat the 1st and the 2nd by hisself why say more.
3. THE FIRST ..... We all know his many heroics
4. THE SECOND ...Time/space jutsu....
5. TSUNADE..... Shes not as bad as everyone says she is... she just has some big shoes to fill...Hay they skip her whole generation, and went to Minato ... Oro and the pervert couldnt defeat pain by them selves.

Kiseki
08-03-2010, 07:31 AM
^ The 3rd did not defeat the 1st and the 2nd by himself if you payed enough attention.

Lavitz Slambert
08-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Well, the only advantage he used was summoning Jutsu and the death seal.

Kiseki
08-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Well, the only advantage he used was summoning Jutsu and the death seal.
Actually.. when I saw that I thought: That's it?
I expected the 3rd to be way stronger :|
Naruto would definitely own him.

zerosameri
08-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Why only hokage when he is the best kage there is.He's dead now, and I believe the End might be stronger than him.

zerosameri
01-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Even after all of the chapters that have gone by, Minato got more epic and Tsunade is made to seem weak. But I'll give the fact that she got a boost from the War. The 2nd Hokage all most surpassed Minato is epicness. Either way Minato power is pure awesome.

Skrall
01-07-2011, 09:09 AM
The 3rd Hokage was also extremely powerful, in fact if I recall correctly, Iruka said he was the strongest Hokage, Konoha ever had. The 3rd was called God of Shinobi in his prime. Minato was well known for his intellegence,speed and also for being the youngest Hokage ever known (proof of his talent as a ninja) but not particulary of his strenght.:D

zerosameri
01-07-2011, 09:32 AM
The 3rd Hokage was also extremely powerful, in fact if I recall correctly, Iruka said he was the strongest Hokage, Konoha ever had. The 3rd was called God of Shinobi in his prime. Minato was well known for his intellegence,speed and also for being the youngest Hokage ever known (proof of his talent as a ninja) but not particulary of his strenght.:D
I didn't know the 3rd was called that. But I assume that the 1st or the 2nd will be fairly stronger than him.

EvL j3st3r
01-07-2011, 03:31 PM
^I don't know about all of that, but Iruka did say in the anime that Sarutobi was the strongest of all the Hokage. It may have been filler or an inconsistancie tho. It may have just been due to the fact that Iruka looked at Hiruzen as kind of a parental figure. I'm not sure if he actually said that in the manga.

zerosameri
01-07-2011, 03:49 PM
^I don't know about all of that, but Iruka did say in the anime that Sarutobi was the strongest of all the Hokage. It may have been filler or an inconsistancie tho. It may have just been due to the fact that Iruka looked at Hiruzen as kind of a parental figure. I'm not sure if he actually said that in the manga.The anime, that's a huge difference from the managa. I don't know either, I started to read the in the 400's.

Parak111
01-07-2011, 03:59 PM
It's true. I remember that Orochimaru said something like this in their battle:

"And they called you the God of Shinobi - the man who knew all the jutsu in the Leaf Village. Age really did take it's toll on you, Sarutobi Sensei. Kukukukuku..."

He said something like that, so according to Orochimaru the Third was once called God of Shinobi. That was both in manga and in anime I belive.

zerosameri
01-07-2011, 04:04 PM
It's true. I remember that Orochimaru said something like this in their battle:

"And they called you the God of Shinobi - the man who knew all the jutsu in the Leaf Village. Age really did take it's toll on you, Sarutobi Sensei. Kukukukuku..."

He said something like that, so according to Orochimaru the Third was once called God of Shinobi. That was both in manga and in anime I belive.Ah ok, but still. It seems like the 1st or 2nd are stronger than him. And I know, there is not enough jutsu and battle info on them.

Parak111
01-07-2011, 04:09 PM
The 1st is a must-stronger than the 3rd. After all, it was said that he could control Tailed Beasts and he fought Madara, and he was even said to have defeated him, which is quite a feat. The 1st is definitely stronger than the 3rd.


Not much is known about Tobirama. All we know is that he was the creator of Edo Tensei, that he excelled in Water Style Ninjutsu and that he died after sacrificing himself for the sake of his team.

I still believe that the 1st is stronger than both the 2nd and the 3rd though.

zerosameri
01-07-2011, 04:12 PM
The 1st is a must-stronger than the 3rd. After all, it was said that he could control Tailed Beasts and he fought Madara, and he was even said to have defeated him, which is quite a feat. The 1st is definitely stronger than the 3rd.


Not much is known about Tobirama. All we know is that he was the creator of Edo Tensei, that he excelled in Water Style Ninjutsu and that he died after sacrificing himself for the sake of his team.

I still believe that the 1st is stronger than both the 2nd and the 3rd though.
And that is why I was saying 1st <<<<<< 3rd

Just making ET gives him a ton of hype.

After we know more about the 2nd hokage then they should match in power.

EvL j3st3r
01-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Well......another member of this forum told me that Kishi said in an interview that Minato is the strongest dead character. IF that's true, it really closes this debate (since 1st thru 4th are all dead). But like I said, that's just hear-say. Can anyone verify?

zerosameri
01-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Well......another member of this forum told me that Kishi said in an interview that Minato is the strongest dead character. IF that's true, it really closes this debate (since 1st thru 4th are all dead). But like I said, that's just hear-say. Can anyone verify?He did say that, but that was way before RS was introduced in the story, and before we knew a thing about the 1st or 2nd Kage.

EvL j3st3r
01-07-2011, 07:05 PM
but we did know of their existence. So if Kishi says Minato is the strongest dead character.....you have to include all of the deceased Shinobi that we know about at the time this was said. This would include Hashirama, Tobirama, and Sarutobi. But I'm still not convinced bc I haven't seen the real interview (and don't really know what sources are VALID accounts of the interview even if I were to see it). In my mind it's still just hear-say.

zerosameri
01-07-2011, 08:36 PM
but we did know of their existence. So if Kishi says Minato is the strongest dead character.....you have to include all of the deceased Shinobi that we know about at the time this was said. This would include Hashirama, Tobirama, and Sarutobi. But I'm still not convinced bc I haven't seen the real interview (and don't really know what sources are VALID accounts of the interview even if I were to see it). In my mind it's still just hear-say.We did, but you have to realize; we hardly new a thing about them. Though now that we know of RS, clearly it's RS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Minato

JazzJunkie4
01-07-2011, 08:44 PM
This is the interview I read

This is a late post from March 2008 Shonen Jump

SJ = Shonen Jump
MK = Masashi Kishimoto

SJ: There's many rumours regarding Madara being the absolute final villain. Is this true?

MK: Madara being the final villain is yet to be seen and I can't let that information out just yet. But he will play a big part as a villain, that's for sure.

SJ: Now that it's officially known that Yondaime is Naruto's father, will you show more of Minato?

MK: Yes, definitly. I actually wanted to reveal more about Yondaime earlier, but other characters were in development and some fights still had to be dealt with.

SJ: While we're at it... could you please tell us if Minato was the strongest shinobi that ever lived?

MK: Hmmm, it's a tricky question. As far as dead shinobis goes, then yes, he's the strongest. I'd say that Sandaime shares the number one spot with him. As far as living shinobis goes... well, without going into many details I'd have to say no. There's a couple of shinobis whose stronger than him.

SJ: Now that Itachi seems to be dead, what is Kisame going to do now?

MK: Kisame has always come off as a sidevillain whose only purpose is to travel along Itachi. But to my surprise, Kisame has gone from an unpopular character to someone whose more popular than Deidara after the Gai-fight. I won't say too much, but Kisame is a character that wont die anytime soon. I will definitly develop on his character more and possibly make him...

SJ: Make him what?

MK: It's a surprise.

zerosameri
01-07-2011, 08:47 PM
This is the interview I read, you can read it at:

This is a late post from March 2008 Shonen Jump

SJ = Shonen Jump
MK = Masashi Kishimoto

SJ: There's many rumours regarding Madara being the absolute final villain. Is this true?

MK: Madara being the final villain is yet to be seen and I can't let that information out just yet. But he will play a big part as a villain, that's for sure.

SJ: Now that it's officially known that Yondaime is Naruto's father, will you show more of Minato?

MK: Yes, definitly. I actually wanted to reveal more about Yondaime earlier, but other characters were in development and some fights still had to be dealt with.

SJ: While we're at it... could you please tell us if Minato was the strongest shinobi that ever lived?

MK: Hmmm, it's a tricky question. As far as dead shinobis goes, then yes, he's the strongest. I'd say that Sandaime shares the number one spot with him. As far as living shinobis goes... well, without going into many details I'd have to say no. There's a couple of shinobis whose stronger than him.

SJ: Now that Itachi seems to be dead, what is Kisame going to do now?

MK: Kisame has always come off as a sidevillain whose only purpose is to travel along Itachi. But to my surprise, Kisame has gone from an unpopular character to someone whose more popular than Deidara after the Gai-fight. I won't say too much, but Kisame is a character that wont die anytime soon. I will definitly develop on his character more and possibly make him...

SJ: Make him what?

MK: It's a surprise.You have to take off the link.

EvL j3st3r
01-08-2011, 09:12 AM
We did, but you have to realize; we hardly new a thing about them. Though now that we know of RS, clearly it's RS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Minato

Of course RS is way greater than Minato. But the way I'm understanding it.....this was said way before we even knew about the RS. We did know the other kage's as deceased characters. Why would it matter that we didn't know much about them. They were still dead characters that Kishi had let us know about. If he said "Minato is the strongest dead shinobi". That includes them. You might even say that RS doesn't even fall in the catagory of shinobi.

zerosameri
01-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Of course RS is way greater than Minato. But the way I'm understanding it.....this was said way before we even knew about the RS. We did know the other kage's as deceased characters. Why would it matter that we didn't know much about them. They were still dead characters that Kishi had let us know about. If he said "Minato is the strongest dead shinobi". That includes them. You might even say that RS doesn't even fall in the catagory of shinobi.You have to realize Kishi does lie too. He said something about Sakura, and it turned about to be a lie.

But yea I would personally categorize RS has a God. He mad the Naruto vs after all. Well basically.

JazzJunkie4
01-08-2011, 08:09 PM
You have to realize Kishi does lie too. He said something about Sakura, and it turned about to be a lie.

But yea I would personally categorize RS has a God. He mad the Naruto vs after all. Well basically.

What was the lie? If it was something that had not happened yet when he said it instead of a speculation by him, then it is not relevant. We all know this has happened so if it is what I think it is, then it has nothing to do with the credibility of his speculation in the 2008 interview. RS wasn't a shinobi, he was a monk who learned the truth of chakra and would not be classified as a shinobi, but rather as the one who introduced the foundations that would eventually develope into jutsu and what not. I think there was already a thread on this, I forgot where though....

Eli Goldsworthy
01-31-2011, 12:24 PM
It's because Minato is epic.

zerosameri
01-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Damn right ^

Sabaku.Soso
07-01-2011, 09:44 PM
What Minato did was amazing but we cant deny other Hokage and look at them as bugs. If it wasnt for the first, Konoha wouldnt be founded, there wouldnt be Hokage or stuff like that. Moreover, First could defeat Madara while Minato couldnt, so its hard 2 compare between the 2. We not knowing a lot abt the Second can no way mean he was weak. He didnt defeat any monster or rebuild any mess doesnt mean he had no power. Theres a chance that his power would be revealed in the future, or, his strength just didnt lie at his power but his intelligence (Asuma once said that Shikamaru could be Hokage altho hes not that strong himself). Both Third and Tsunade saved the village (at least) once which cant be underestimated.

J-Sun Tasogare
07-02-2011, 05:30 PM
3rd is the most epic imo. Youngest Hokage, taught by 1st and 2nd, said to be greatest Ninja at a time, Danzo's rival, Taught the Sanin, only Hokage besides the 1st to live through a term, died protecting his village, and SAVED it from certain destruction, Fought 1st and Second in ET form along with Orochimaru in his old age, took Oro's arms away, and without PNJ woulda been screwed.

Wooster
07-03-2011, 06:48 AM
Indeed, Hiruzen was the only Hokage that didn't get the position due to nepotism.

Shinobi killer
07-03-2011, 07:02 AM
Indeed, Hiruzen was the only Hokage that didn't get the position due to nepotism.

And what about Hashirama and Minato? They did get the position due to nepotism?

Wooster
07-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Yes, indeed.

Namikaze_Naruto
07-13-2011, 07:05 PM
I have already stated how I disagree with your nepotism claim (the 1st founded the Leaf, how is that nepotism; Minato is from a clan we know nothing of yet, his wife who we don't know if he married before or after is from a clan that was basically unknown in konoha except for Madara, can't say it is nepotism).

What Minato did was amazing but we cant deny other Hokage and look at them as bugs. If it wasnt for the first, Konoha wouldnt be founded, there wouldnt be Hokage or stuff like that. Moreover, First could defeat Madara while Minato couldnt, so its hard 2 compare between the 2. We not knowing a lot abt the Second can no way mean he was weak. He didnt defeat any monster or rebuild any mess doesnt mean he had no power. Theres a chance that his power would be revealed in the future, or, his strength just didnt lie at his power but his intelligence (Asuma once said that Shikamaru could be Hokage altho hes not that strong himself). Both Third and Tsunade saved the village (at least) once which cant be underestimated.

1st created the village, which goes against the nepotism statement above (and if it was nepotism, how come it wasn't Madara chosen? they have the same familial connections after all). Can't disagree with that. Minato did defeat Madara, but he also had to deal with Kyuubi on his own and didn't have his wife to seal him away. Hashirama did, not to mention he had much experience with fighting Madara so he knew how to properly fight him, while Minato had to figure it out during the fight. Which he did. Not to mention Hiruzen defeated both Hashirama and Tobairama while he was weakened with age, so that would take both of them out of the running. The only real comparison is Hiruzen, and that is a tough comparison. Hokage is said to be possessed by the strongest in the village, and Minato took that title while Hiruzen was still alive so that has to mean something (maybe not definitive, but props none the less). Minato was able to seal Hiruzen and others away when he sealed the fox in Naruto, and it is said that he was the shinobi to rise to the title of hokage the fastest (according to Jiraiya and Tsunade's chat). Hiruzen remained as Hokage after he passed because he was then the strongest in the village, which I think just goes to show how strong Minato truly was (not only that he outpaced the others that much, but that Hokage is based off of strength which is why he had the position). I do think the comparison of those two is the most difficult to make in the series though, that is a really tough call