PDA

View Full Version : Iroh VS Ozai.

Twisterty
07-14-2010, 06:42 AM
It turns out that Iroh has chosen to end Fire lord Ozai Himself, and gain the Throne like he was supposed to.

Agni Kai: For The Throne

Sozins Comet. Both of their bending power Increases phonemically.

Twisterty
07-14-2010, 06:59 AM
Well, I'd say Iroh wins. Though we haven't seen a fight in which he actually would use much fire bending, he was meant to be Fire Lord, But his emotions got into the way.

We've seen Ozai's skills in the Series finale, I wasn't impressed. Aang could have killed him, had he wanted to. I mean, look at Iroh when he broke out of that fire nation Prison, the guard had called him a one man army, a feat that Ozai could never achieve. They say he took down Ba Seng Se himself, I can see him doing this. If his son had never died, Zuko's mom would have never died, and half the series would have happened.

It comes down to Iroh face stomping Ozai. GG.

Lady Tsunade
07-14-2010, 07:04 AM
Ozai wins.
Iroh is strong, but his abilities still lack compared to Ozai. Irohs most impressive feats are being able to repel lightning and forming his giant fire ball, which was strong enough to break through the walls of Ba Sing Se. However, that fireball only seems to be used in the most dangerous of situations. So using it straight away is unlikely. Ozai can take flight by sneding blasts of fire to his feet, and then fire giant blasts of fire simultaniously. Iroh can't dodge forever. And striking Ozai while hes in the air would be all the more difficult. Even in terms of close range combat using basic punches and kicks of fire, Ozai is much faster at executing his attacks compared to Iroh. Iroh simply can't keep up.

Well, I'd say Iroh wins. Though we haven't seen a fight in which he actually would use much fire bending, he was meant to be Fire Lord, But his emotions got into the way.

We've seen Ozai's skills in the Series finale, I wasn't impressed. Aang could have killed him, had he wanted to. I mean, look at Iroh when he broke out of that fire nation Prison, the guard had called him a one man army, a feat that Ozai could never achieve. They say he took down Ba Seng Se himself, I can see him doing this. If his son had never died, Zuko's mom would have never died, and half the series would have happened.

It comes down to Iroh face stomping Ozai. GG. Your using hype. Which we don't use in the BG. Just because Iroh was said to be as strong as Ozai doesn't mean he was. Look at feats. Ozai is stronger by quite a distance. Iroh simply cant hit him while he goes airborn. And at close range, he can't keep up with him.

DSPR7
07-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Actually, Iroh himself said that he wasn't sure even he could beat Ozai in the end. And he's shown fear of Azula before.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that massive tide of fiery doom Ozai was spewing from his hands in the final bit was equal to Iroh's fireball. You know, the one he was going to life wipe cities with? Yeah, pretty stinking big.

But I'm on no one's side right now. Carry on. :D

Lady Tsunade
07-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Actually, Iroh himself said that he wasn't sure even he could beat Ozai in the end. And he's shown fear of Azula before.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that massive tide of fiery doom Ozai was spewing from his hands in the final bit was equal to Iroh's fireball. You know, the one he was going to life wipe cities with? Yeah, pretty stinking big.

But I'm on no one's side right now. Carry on. :D

Again, this is hype. We need feats to prove Iroh wins. Still, Ozai goes airborne and fires rapid blasts of fire. Which overwhelms Iroh. Quite quickly.

Nyruss
07-14-2010, 09:31 AM
We've seen Ozai's skills in the Series finale, I wasn't impressed. Aang could have killed him, had he wanted to.A guy with thousands and thousands of years of experience and power can easily kill Ozai if he wanted to and that somehow makes Ozai weak because...

DSPR7
07-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Again, this is hype. We need feats to prove Iroh wins. Still, Ozai goes airborne and fires rapid blasts of fire. Which overwhelms Iroh. Quite quickly.

True, but I was just saying. And I doubt that one of the top five firebenders in the world is going to be overwhelmed by a few wimpy fire blasts. Aang, outside the avatar state, deflected several of his blasts, and he's a mediocre firebender at BEST.

Iroh took down three earthbenders with help from Zuko while half naked. Before that he was kicking their butts without help while bound.
Iroh took on a decent sized squad of royal firebenders.
Iroh retook Ba Sing Se from an army of firebenders souped up on the comet.
Iroh redirects lighting on a daily basis.

Ozai... almost beat non Avatar State Aang? Is that really a good feat? He needed the comet, other wise he'd have been raped. Badly.

You've convinced me to side more with Iroh, if anything.

Tourune
07-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Zuko and Iroh both stated that Iroh could beat Ozai, so i say Iroh

DSPR7
07-14-2010, 10:10 AM
A. Hyperbole, technically irrelevant.

B. Watch the end. Iroh says he doesn't think he can beat Ozai. So even if their words meant something, they just canceled out.

C. I believe they said "he's (Iroh) the only one who has a chance of beating the Fire Lord (Ozai)". So, yeah. Total irrelevance. :/

Nyruss
07-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Only master firebenders can bend lightning. Ozai can bend lightning. Therefore Ozai is a master firebender. Calling him mediocre because Aang, a fully realized Avatar who had mastered all four bending styles, beat him is retarded and idiotic and not very smart at all.

You are guilty of Iroh wank and are sentenced to trollhood until such time as you can convince the court that you are capable of making a real argument.

Twisterty
07-14-2010, 04:38 PM
A guy with thousands and thousands of years of experience and power can easily kill Ozai if he wanted to and that somehow makes Ozai weak because...I'm confused whether that was a disagreement or not, so I'll just add onto my comment.

Remember when Aang had redirected Ozai's lightning? Aang had it perfectly aimed so that It would hit him in the head, but he chose not to.
XsThsWhdBls

Clearly, at 1:48, Aang had just barely been able to gain control of Ozai's lightning. Like I had said, Aang had a perfect aim, and neither could Ozai redirect it or control it, he wasn't prepared. It would have ended the war right there, but, Aang hadn't wanted to kill him.

Nyruss
07-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Clearly Ozai is far and away the weakest character in the series. Why, Momo could have kicked his weak ass. We know this because Aang has the ability to redirect lightning and that means Ozai is weak for no real reason other than so we can make Iroh win by downplaying Ozai's abilities. This is a very solid argument and not in any way idiotic garbage.

DSPR7
07-15-2010, 06:27 AM
Only master firebenders can bend lightning. Ozai can bend lightning. Therefore Ozai is a master firebender. Calling him mediocre because Aang, a fully realized Avatar who had mastered all four bending styles, beat him is retarded and idiotic and not very smart at all.

You are guilty of Iroh wank and are sentenced to trollhood until such time as you can convince the court that you are capable of making a real argument.

Are you talking to me? Because I said AANG was a mediocre firebender outside of his Avatar state. :/ Ozai is definitely a master firebender, no contesting that. And I still have yet to decide who wins. From what I've seen so far, Iroh looks good for the win, but Ozai's pretty tough...

Oh and, Twisterty? Basically everything Dudemeister has been saying to you is sarcasm. He actually thinks your arguments are groundless. Which they are. The Avatar State was quite capable of taking down Iroh, just as much as Ozai. In the Avatar State he could probably take them both together, plus crazy Azula. Saying a character is weak because he lost to a superior foe is not valid in any way, shape or form. Unless this superior foe happens to be Naruto or Edward Cullens. Then it IS a sign of weakness.

Kazuki Dekiru
07-15-2010, 07:34 AM
Zuko and Iroh both stated that Iroh could beat Ozai, so i say Iroh

Iroh: "Even if I could defeat my brother (and I don't know if I could), it would be the wrong way to end the war. History would just see it as more senseless violence, a brother killing another brother to grab power."

toad
07-15-2010, 07:46 AM
iroh wins, he is one of the only people to know of the fire bending dragons, he learned another move ffrom watching water benders and is ver kind hearted yet very strong and wise

Nyruss
07-15-2010, 01:23 PM
None of that means anything. Do you have any real evidence to present in Iroh's favor or are you just wanking him?

Skylar
07-15-2010, 05:04 PM
I think Iroh being able to break out of his prison cell (the bars of the cell thrusted out/inward) is a pretty good feat; however the variable of if he broke out during the eclipse or when it was over(or before it began). Because he couldve used firebending to help get out, or just used his own strength.

Lady Tsunade: the fire ball theory- that could be considered plot, just because he's only used it in a dangerous situation doesn't mean he wouldn't try and use it right off. Technically he did use it right off the bat; the fire ball started the white lotus's attack on the captured Ba'Sing Sei.

Akatsuki X
07-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Ozai spams fireballs while airborne.

Iroh's fireballs have greater busting because they broke through Ba Sing Se is hype.

For all we know, it could have been a tiny little hole in the wall.

Nyruss
07-16-2010, 07:56 PM
It was never elaborated on how Iroh got into Ba Sing Se to my memory.

Akatsuki X
07-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah it might not even have been a fireball from Iroh, it could have been another drill, or a giant mole as far as anyone knows.

Slack 40
07-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Although Iroh is by far a better character and is the best character in avatar...
Ozai wins this. Iroh can't keep up with Ozai flying in the sky and using the massive wave of fire he used. Iroh's best feat was the Fire ball high off of the comet, and thats not enough to beat Ozai. I'd say Iroh is the 2nd strongest firebender and he is close to Ozai.

I just watched the video and when Iroh used that super fireball i noticed that it took longer to use the fire ball then it took ozai to make his super wave of fire so Ozai defanatly wins.

although Iroh never loses cuz he's the best :P