PDA

View Full Version : Zilla vs THEM and Eight Legged Freaks

DSPR7
07-13-2010, 05:51 PM
This site seems to be primarily Anime/Manga oriented, but hey, I'll post some of the stuff I know about. :/ Mainly; games and old movies.
For those of you who don't know, THEM is an old, black and white movie about giant, radioactive ants. Similiar to Eight Legged Freaks. They are weak against fire/explosives. Strength is proportionate(sp?), and they're about the size of some of the larger Freaks.

American Godzilla (yes, the crappy one).

Full number of Eight Legged Freaks, maybe 200-300 of THEM.

Battle takes place in the desert, THEM and Freaks ambush Zilla. No baby Zillas. If Zilla loses too badly, take away the Freaks. If they lose too easily, then increase the number of THEM. (I'm not sure how many there were...)

Nyruss
07-13-2010, 06:49 PM
American Godzilla was cooler than any other Godzilla with the exception of the proceeding animated Godzilla.

It steps on them on account of being noticably larger.

DSPR7
07-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Please tell me you're being sarcastic. :/ Zilla wasn't that large, her healing power was crap, and the plot was no prize either. It was one of the punier movies, not to mention monsters. If it hadn't been in the middle of New York, the military would have raped it.

And besides, ants and spiders routinely take down creatures far larger than themselves, so it's not quite THAT one sided.

Nyruss
07-14-2010, 10:25 AM
The ELFs were at best human sized, maybe slightly bigger. Zilla's toes were that big.

The rest of that stuff don't matter none because no matter how bad it was, it was still far and away the best Godzilla movie. Better a giant lizard than a guy in a rubber suit.

And honestly, who the hell watches a Godzilla movie for the plot? No one that's who. What little plot there is in any Godzilla is just an excuse for Godzilla to show up and start destroying crap. Saying Godzilla2k's plot was poor is isiotic and vaguely hypocritical.

Are any of these THEM or ELFs poisonous?

DSPR7
07-14-2010, 10:35 AM
You've got a point with the plot bit... :D But Japanese Godzilla is way better. Better healing, raped a black hole, took down an evil alien clone...

The Tarantula ELF was easily tank size, and the queen was at least that big. And the ELF have the advantage of speed/agility. Zilla's fast, but those spiders could swarm her/him. THEM easily follow suit. Not enough to win, but a fairer fight that way.

I'm pretty sure that some of the spiders are; though it would take a lot to deal with Zilla. THEM... I don't believe so. They presumably have stings, but no true poison.

Also, I just did some research. THEM are considerably smaller than I though, about 20 feet. So maybe up the number of THEM. :/ ELF numbers still indeterminate.