PDA

View Full Version : Can Yamato really be trusted? Danzo's last laugh.

TheBlackChidori
07-06-2010, 02:25 PM
I was re-reading the manga out of boredom when I caught something that I've surely noticed before, but never read much into it.

After the Sand Village rescue, Team Kakashi was short 2 members. Sai took the missing Sasuke's place, at the request of Danzo and the village elders. But they all agreed to let Tsunade pick someone from the Anbu to take Kakashi's place as team leader.

We know that Danzo has deep ties to the Anbu. He is the founder of the foundation, led the faction that opposed the 3rd Hokage, etc. We also know that Yamato was taken directly from his duty as an Anbu to fill the spot.

Tsunade was quite confused about something though, when she chose Yamato. It's like Danzo knew exactly who she wanted to choose, and he was just completely for it. What we didn't know at the time was that Danzo had Shisui's eye, which could be used to manipulate the thoughts and decisions of whomever he chooses.

Could it be possible that Danzo MEANT for Tsunade to pick Yamato? We don't know much about Yamato's history, except for that he was created as a "clone" of the 1st Hokage by Orochimaru, and yet Orochimaru wasn't even aware that he survived. We also know that Danzo and Orochimaru have shared some sort of connection over the years. Both opposed the teachings of Hiruzen, for one.

But being an Anbu member, Danzo and Yamato will have met before his introduction to the series. It's even possible that Yamato could have been under his employ at some point. Now I'm not rushing to say "Yamato's a spy!" Not at all. But we know of Danzo's power to manipulate, and we also know that he wanted to keep a close eye on the Jinchuuriki.

Yamato's been acting strange to me lately. Especially since the passing of Danzo. For one, he let Naruto slip by him with relative ease. I know Naruto's a great ninja, but Yamato is an Elite Jonin with Anbu experience, meaning plenty of tracking. I still find it odd that Naruto got away so easily to rush to where Madara and Sasuke were. I can't find a reason WHY he would want this, though.

And the most important reason is, Kishi sent Yamato with Naruto to train with Killer Bee. This is the oddest thing of all. Naruto does not have the Hokage's necklace anymore, so Yamato's more or less powerless to stop him if the Kyuubi were to take over. So then, why the hell is he there?

We can safely assume that if Orochimaru was trying to recreate the Jutsu of the first, he would have implanted some way of being able to control his creations. If not, he'd just be creating something that would turn out to be a huge problem.

We know that everything Kishimoto does seem to have a reason. But is it at all possible that we still have a double agent in Konoha? And what purpose could he have?

Mr. Dr.
07-06-2010, 04:00 PM
I would really love if somebody like Yamato, Iruka, or even one of the Elders has been faking there sincerity (like Kabuto) this whole time.

Since we have Kakashi's back story it won't happen to him

Parak111
07-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Well, I'd say that Yamato isn't a spy for Danzo and never was. He even questioned himself about Sai's motives during the Sasuke Reunion arc. So maybe in his mind he isn't, but he still might be manipulated by Danzo, and perhaps Yamato doesn't know that himself.

On another side, about why Yamato is with Naruto during his training with Killer Bee. Well, obviously Yamato doesn't know that Naruto no longer has his necklace. I'm not even sure if Naruto himself knows that he no longer has it. He broke it during Kyuubi time, and he can't remember what he did in that period. Perhaps he still doesn't know of the fact that he broke it.

Soon though, when Yamato really needs to stop him from going Kyuubi, he'll realize that it's not working and he'll probably form a pretty good idea that it's not there.

Ider Hitodama
07-06-2010, 04:17 PM
It's possible. But I think Kakashi would've noticed something was up with him since he knew him well in his ANBU days.

Also, I thought the necklace only amplifies his powers. He still has the ability to suppress the Fox, just not as well.

Webby
07-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Great Theory

TheBlackChidori
07-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Well, I'd say that Yamato isn't a spy for Danzo and never was. He even questioned himself about Sai's motives during the Sasuke Reunion arc. So maybe in his mind he isn't, but he still might be manipulated by Danzo, and perhaps Yamato doesn't know that himself.

On another side, about why Yamato is with Naruto during his training with Killer Bee. Well, obviously Yamato doesn't know that Naruto no longer has his necklace. I'm not even sure if Naruto himself knows that he no longer has it. He broke it during Kyuubi time, and he can't remember what he did in that period. Perhaps he still doesn't know of the fact that he broke it.

Soon though, when Yamato really needs to stop him from going Kyuubi, he'll realize that it's not working and he'll probably form a pretty good idea that it's not there.

I feel like he would know that its broken though. He's been wearing around his neck for at least 3 years, so I cant see Naruto realizing its gone. You might be right about Yamato not realizing its gone though, since I don't really even think Naruto is aware of how important the necklace was. But even so, he was told about it during his Waterfall training with Kakashi and Yamato. He had to be surpressed so many times.

It's possible. But I think Kakashi would've noticed something was up with him since he knew him well in his ANBU days.

Also, I thought the necklace only amplifies his powers. He still has the ability to suppress the Fox, just not as well.

It took Yamato almost everything just to supress the 4 tails though, and that was with the necklace. When he summoned the spiked wood, part of the Kyuubi was still able to resist for a second, when he attacked Sakura. I just dont see him restraining an 8 tailed, or even 9 tailed transformation without the Necklace.

The seal burned into his hand interests me though. How did that get there exactly?

Shika-fiend
07-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Maybe Iruka can't be trusted because of the Nine-Tails incident and his parents dying. Maybe he puts blame on the Fourth and Kushina, and then that blame would fall onto Naruto. He might have just been acting like Naruto's BFF the whole time. But, I doubt it. Naruto and Iruka have been through so much, and the whole "deception" theme is getting pretty old (from my perspective). As far as I know, there shouldn't be any traitors of the Leaf (unless the Leaf starts losing the war and someone decides to switch sides just to keep their life) But, it's just a theory.
(On a side note, this is the longest post I've done in a while xDDD)

byakuganmaster3695
07-06-2010, 07:16 PM
I was re-reading the manga out of boredom when I caught something that I've surely noticed before, but never read much into it.

After the Sand Village rescue, Team Kakashi was short 2 members. Sai took the missing Sasuke's place, at the request of Danzo and the village elders. But they all agreed to let Tsunade pick someone from the Anbu to take Kakashi's place as team leader.

We know that Danzo has deep ties to the Anbu. He is the founder of the foundation, led the faction that opposed the 3rd Hokage, etc. We also know that Yamato was taken directly from his duty as an Anbu to fill the spot.

Tsunade was quite confused about something though, when she chose Yamato. It's like Danzo knew exactly who she wanted to choose, and he was just completely for it. What we didn't know at the time was that Danzo had Shisui's eye, which could be used to manipulate the thoughts and decisions of whomever he chooses.

Could it be possible that Danzo MEANT for Tsunade to pick Yamato? We don't know much about Yamato's history, except for that he was created as a "clone" of the 1st Hokage by Orochimaru, and yet Orochimaru wasn't even aware that he survived. We also know that Danzo and Orochimaru have shared some sort of connection over the years. Both opposed the teachings of Hiruzen, for one.

But being an Anbu member, Danzo and Yamato will have met before his introduction to the series. It's even possible that Yamato could have been under his employ at some point. Now I'm not rushing to say "Yamato's a spy!" Not at all. But we know of Danzo's power to manipulate, and we also know that he wanted to keep a close eye on the Jinchuuriki.

Yamato's been acting strange to me lately. Especially since the passing of Danzo. For one, he let Naruto slip by him with relative ease. I know Naruto's a great ninja, but Yamato is an Elite Jonin with Anbu experience, meaning plenty of tracking. I still find it odd that Naruto got away so easily to rush to where Madara and Sasuke were. I can't find a reason WHY he would want this, though.

And the most important reason is, Kishi sent Yamato with Naruto to train with Killer Bee. This is the oddest thing of all. Naruto does not have the Hokage's necklace anymore, so Yamato's more or less powerless to stop him if the Kyuubi were to take over. So then, why the hell is he there?

We can safely assume that if Orochimaru was trying to recreate the Jutsu of the first, he would have implanted some way of being able to control his creations. If not, he'd just be creating something that would turn out to be a huge problem.

We know that everything Kishimoto does seem to have a reason. But is it at all possible that we still have a double agent in Konoha? And what purpose could he have?

i must say this is the best theory i have seen in a while and cant even argue it

mrsticky005
07-06-2010, 07:30 PM
At this point it be pointless to have Yamato be secretly working for Danzo.
Sai Shaft played the role of Danzo's Double Agent. But then he got all emotional.
I hate to say it but Yamato's role was simply being Kakashi's temporary replacement.

zerosameri
07-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Even though he doesn't have it any more doesn't mean Yamato is useless. Basically it was a tool that helped Yamato, now that Naruto doesn't have it just means Yamato will have a little more tough time.

When I 1st saw this I instantly though "Oh no you think Yamato is Madara and Danzou is really the main villain that is still alive" :lol:

Black Shuck
07-06-2010, 07:37 PM
But didn't Yamato interfere with Sai's "top secret" mission? Besides I don't think he is playing a double agent thing. (Unless he doesn't realize it himself. And then again, who's pulling the strings now Danzo is gone? Elders?)
The necklace only acted as an amplifier. Even without it he has the ability to suppress Kyubi up to a certain extent. (Although now it's hopelessly low) But in any case, he fit into the job. -Konoha can't spare someone like Kakshi. And who else is there?

Jose
07-06-2010, 08:24 PM
I think this was all true, but then Danzo died, and I think I remember Yamato and a couple others stating that they were free let me double check.

Hidden Ninja45
07-06-2010, 08:27 PM
When I first saw this thread, I admit that I was just going to skim the OP and just post that Yamato can't be a spy because he is awesome.

But, after I saw who made the thread, I stopped to actually read to all because I knew there would be a lot of thought and reasoning behind what was posted.

I got to say, that is an interesting theory. But I just don't see Yamato all of sudden end up being a spy. I thought that since Danzo died, any kind of mind control he had over Yamato would end. Danzo's tongue control jutsu whatever it was went away after his death. It seems to me that Root is basically dead.

The 4th Sannin
07-06-2010, 08:35 PM
If yamato is a planted spy for Danzo, then he really did the opposite of what he wanted. When naruto went 6t, he rushed to the village to prevent further tails in contrast to Danzo wanting the village destroyed to be hokage. Also, yamato was one the ANBU in file Danzo gave to Oro to be assassinated. Man if that were true, Danzo's health plan leaves a LOT to be desired!!!(though his "retirement" plan is sound);)

mrsticky005
07-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Yamato being a spy for Danzo would almost be like Iruka being a spy for the Akatsuki.

Iruka: Didn't see that one coming did you!?

Ider Hitodama
07-06-2010, 08:54 PM
It took Yamato almost everything just to supress the 4 tails though, and that was with the necklace. When he summoned the spiked wood, part of the Kyuubi was still able to resist for a second, when he attacked Sakura. I just dont see him restraining an 8 tailed, or even 9 tailed transformation without the Necklace.

The seal burned into his hand interests me though. How did that get there exactly?

Yeah, his suppression skills would probably be very ineffective, but it would still be good to have him around.. even if it's just for the placebo effect :) I'm thinking there's some other purpose for Yamato being there -- but not because he's a spy. Maybe he'll be a victim of Kisame or something, I'm not sure. I suspect Kishi's planning something.

That seal on his hand really confused me too. I don't remember it ever being explained. It said that his skills can be used on any tailed beast but he seems auto-specialized for Kyuubi.

Wooster
07-06-2010, 08:55 PM
I will worship Danzo as a god if this is true.

Wait, I already do that.:???:

ForestS153
07-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Pretty good theory, just one problem with part of it. Naruto already has full-control of the Nine-Tails. Other them that part though, your theory would make sense for the next betrayal.

mrsticky005
07-06-2010, 09:00 PM
I will worship Danzo as a god if this is true.

Wait, I already do that.:???:

Thus the reason for it's falsity. Danzo's plan was a success:

Wooster worships whom? DA DANZO!

Wooster
07-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Thus the reason for it's falsity. Danzo's plan was a success:

Wooster worships who? DA DANZO!

Whom, whom. Dammit!:lol:

mrsticky005
07-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Whom, whom. Dammit!:lol:

Sorry Grammar Gestapo.

3littlepigs
07-06-2010, 09:59 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but only a faction of the ANBU (ROOT) was under Danzou's direct control....every other ANBU reports to the Hokage. Sai was the one chosen by Danzou when the two elders let him place whoever he wanted in the new team. Was it ever specified that Yamato was under Danzou's command? from what I know he and Kakashi worked together and Kakashi never "worked" for Danzou....

Maybe my memory is fuzzy because I don't remember her being worried about Yamato...she was worried about Danzou and his intentions. She was also worried about Sai but I don't remember her doubting Yamato...

Oro did leave in a hurry as he himself told Kabuto and since he taught all of the clones died I'm sure he wasn't really considering the possibility of one of them surviving as he was running away from Hiruzen, Tsunade and Jiraya.

But then wouldn't that apply to Kakashi as well? Like I said before I'm pretty sure Danzou didn't control all of ANBU. I specifically remember Yamato describing some training methods that ROOT uses but he didn't say it's the same way in the regular ANBU. Kakashi would have mentioned it as well since he's Yamato's senpai.

When Danzou introduced Sai to the team he was more focused on getting rid of Sasuke....

I completely agree with you that it shouldn't have been that easy for Naruto to slip out of the hotel with Yamato watching him but I think it was just Kishi creating tension and build up for the inevitable meeting and he didn't really care much for that as long as it worked for the plot.

I find it even odder that Gai was sent with them and so far he hasn't even been shown on the island....Naruto does think he's on a mission and it would maybe make it more suspicious if Tsunade sent him with Gai all of a sudden and didn't even include Kakashi, Sakura, Sai or Yamato! Since they really need Kakashi for the war (and he did kind of used his MS during the fight with Sasuke so he's probably resting) I think Yamato was the right choice to try to keep Naruto in line. Unlike Kakashi Yamato does tell Naruto the truth straight out.

Maybe he was trying to create a new vessel? that could have been his ultimate goal either that or making sure the experiment works before using it on himself.

I don't rule out the possibility of there being a double agent remaining in Konoha but I just seriously doubt it's Yamato.

Mr. Dr.
07-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Yamato being a spy for Danzo would almost be like Iruka being a spy for the Akatsuki.

Iruka: Didn't see that one coming did you!?

But I want Iruka to be a spy so badly.

It would be so dramatic. The ultimate deception.
Ever since he first met Naruto he had been faking weakness and sincerity all to get close to Naruto and become the ace in the hole for the Akatsuki when they need the Kyubi.

zerosameri
07-07-2010, 01:02 AM
I don't rule out the possibility of there being a double agent remaining in Konoha but I just seriously doubt it's Yamato. But clearly Yamato is really Madara. I mean it all add's up

They have been seen at the same time, Yamato hardly heard of Madara, Yamato clearly has no clue of his ability, captured Madara and let him tell his story to Naruto. I mean it is so clear that Yamato is Madara. :lol:

Vornmusion
07-07-2010, 01:47 AM
But I want Iruka to be a spy so badly.

It would be so dramatic. The ultimate deception.
Ever since he first met Naruto he had been faking weakness and sincerity all to get close to Naruto and become the ace in the hole for the Akatsuki when they need the Kyubi.

That would definitely be a massive plot twist. I have a feeling something like that would totally mess up Naruto though, he'd be a wreak.

mrsticky005
07-07-2010, 03:55 AM
That would definitely be a massive plot twist. I have a feeling something like that would totally mess up Naruto though, he'd be a wreak.

It would almost make up for the fact that he always gets on the popularity
polls despite doing pretty much nothing in the entire series. I swear those
polls are rigged somehow. :cool:

Vornmusion
07-07-2010, 04:02 AM
It would almost make up for the fact that he always gets on the popularity
polls despite doing pretty much nothing in the entire series. I swear those
polls are rigged somehow. :cool:

Wouldn't be surprised.

mrsticky005
07-07-2010, 04:05 AM
Wouldn't be surprised.

I think Iruka rigs them somehow. That crafty badger!

Vornmusion
07-07-2010, 04:07 AM
I think Iruka rigs them somehow. That crafty badger!

I never did like the way he smiled `!:).

Bohica
07-07-2010, 06:37 AM
While a very intriguing theory I will file this one with the moon landing being filmed in HollyWood.

Yamato had close ties to both Tsunade and Kakashi, also I know it is popular to believe Tsunade is weak but she is the only surviving Senin (I think I spelled that right) I do not believe Danzo would try to manipulate her.

Finally Yamato is with Naruto to serve as a bodyguard, just like Guy and that other guy. Yamato's wood style and his battle experience are why he is with Naruto it would be cool to see a Yamato vs. Kisame fight (since they both have water affinity) but Yamato also has earth and wood, while Kisame should have his sword back unless it really loves KB.

mrsticky005
07-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Yamato can't be working for Danzo.

Here's why.

Danzo had Sai Shaft send a list of Anbu Black Ops under the Hokage's control to
Orochimaru. These Anbu were to be eliminated. Of the Anbu listed Yamato was one.

Kuroda Taishi
07-07-2010, 02:35 PM

....The Wood stlye is effective against Bijuu. Combining the Wood style with the necklace is even more effective.

Yamato still has a purpose.

Danielle
07-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Yamato was not created by Orichi, he simply had cells from the first Hokage injected into him. There is never any further discussion on how the process occurred, but he is not a clone.

3littlepigs
07-07-2010, 07:27 PM
But clearly Yamato is really Madara. I mean it all add's up

They have been seen at the same time, Yamato hardly heard of Madara, Yamato clearly has no clue of his ability, captured Madara and let him tell his story to Naruto. I mean it is so clear that Yamato is Madara. :lol:
lol that's funny :)....it is a joke right? :shock:

Wooster
07-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Yamato can't be working for Danzo.

Here's why.

Danzo had Sai Shaft send a list of Anbu Black Ops under the Hokage's control to
Orochimaru. These Anbu were to be eliminated. Of the Anbu listed Yamato was one.
This. Sai Shaft would never allow the fuzz to work in the same organization as him.

Nothing more to argue.

mrsticky005
07-07-2010, 08:11 PM
This. Sai Shaft would never allow the fuzz to work in the same organization as him.

Nothing more to argue.

The fuzz?

Wooster
07-07-2010, 08:13 PM
The fuzz?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=the%20fuzz

mrsticky005
07-07-2010, 08:16 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=the%20fuzz

I am now informed.

Wooster
07-07-2010, 08:18 PM
I am now informed.
http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo63/teluhla17/GIF/5tw1mg.gif

mrsticky005
07-07-2010, 08:20 PM
http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo63/teluhla17/GIF/5tw1mg.gif

Nice touch with it being a gif animation.

Wooster
07-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Nice touch with it being a gif animation.
I thought so.`:)

NBC is also paying me 50 bucks for each page I post it on.

mrsticky005
07-07-2010, 08:28 PM
I thought so.`:)

Most people just have a still image.

But you go the extra mile for sarcasm.

How thoughtful.

Wooster
07-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Most people just have a still image.

But you go the extra mile for sarcasm.

How thoughtful.
Anything to burn you mrsticky.:mrgreen:

crystalblade13
07-08-2010, 09:58 AM
ya' know... i just want to see yamato fight.

TheBlackChidori
07-08-2010, 12:10 PM
....The Wood stlye is effective against Bijuu. Combining the Wood style with the necklace is even more effective.

Yamato still has a purpose.

No doubt its effective. A few posts after the first one, I stated that I believed he could still serve a purpose in that way.

But what if....let me blow your mind here.... What if he USES his wood style to take control of the Kyuubi AWAY from Naruto. Oh snap.

Kuroda Taishi
07-08-2010, 12:13 PM
No doubt its effective. A few posts after the first one, I stated that I believed he could still serve a purpose in that way.

But what if....let me blow your mind here.... What if he USES his wood style to take control of the Kyuubi AWAY from Naruto. Oh snap.

Yamato's wood style is not nearly as powerful as the first Hokage's. I doubt he could do that.

Kiseki
07-08-2010, 12:13 PM
It would be very intresting if he worked for Danzo after all.
Can't wait to see some more about Yamato in the future.
I have the feeling this theory could be right.

Namikaze Minato Sensei
07-11-2010, 09:21 AM
I don't think that Yamato could be a spy. He always rushed to save Naruto and i'm 100% that he is with naruto so he can suppress the fox chakra and yes he can even without the necklace. I think yamatos awesome ! if he is a spy i still love him

Cenzo
07-11-2010, 01:36 PM
This would be an Itachi-wasn't-really-the-bad-guy level twist! I'd love for this to actually be what happens!

White Dragon
07-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Well, I doubt this would happen. Yamatao often questions other's loyalty (sai, etc.) so how could he be a double agent? And even so, it doesn't really matter now, because Danzo's dead. (I said it) So, even if at one point, he was under control, he isn't anymore.

MinatoUchiha
07-13-2010, 12:55 PM
good theory...

Red-Gaara
07-13-2010, 05:52 PM
We know that Danzo has deep ties to the Anbu. He is the founder of the foundation,

Isn't he just the founder of root? not the whole anbu?

Yamato was not created by Orichi, he simply had cells from the first Hokage injected into him. There is never any further discussion on how the process occurred, but he is not a clone.

He isnt a clone but he was injected with the First's Dna by Orochimaru. If im not wrong he had 100 subjects and only yamato survived but Orochimaru didnt knw that.

3littlepigs
07-13-2010, 08:25 PM

I'm pretty sure Hashirama wasn't able to just take a bijuu out of its host. Same with Madara, he can control the Kyuubi but only when he's not inside a Jinchurki hence why he had to take it out of Kushina's body.

There's no way Yamato's Wood Style could be used like that...:???: therefore he still has a purpose. Besides lots of characters don't even serve a specific purpose in the series and they don't become traitors (necessarily).

TheBlackChidori
07-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Yamato's wood style is not nearly as powerful as the first Hokage's. I doubt he could do that.

Werent you just defending his power a few posts back, saying he was able to restrain a full nine-tailed possession, without the necklace? Keep in mind, this is the one that survived Chibaku Tensei.

I was mostly kidding about that, but if he had the power to restrain a nine-tailed naruto(Which he doesn't), then he could very easily attempt to take over the nine-tailed in its weaknened state in a room that restricts Bijuu power.

Nana Uchiha
07-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Werent you just defending his power a few posts back, saying he was able to restrain a full nine-tailed possession, without the necklace?
He said Yamato had a purpose. He never said "he was able to restrain a full nine-tailed possession"

D 2008
07-20-2010, 10:26 PM
I like the theory you have. I don't think that Yamato is a spy for Danzo but I could see him as a spy for another bad guy maybe someone who picked up some of Orochimaru experiments when he left the village.

*** maya doray ***
07-20-2010, 10:36 PM
if he was , then why not :D:D

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
07-20-2010, 10:48 PM
thats interesting, but i believe that yamato is good...i love him too~!!
but i thought that there were different groups of anbu. like one group of the anbu is led by danzo and the other is by the hokage. and isnt yamato serving under the hokage?

Rei-chan
07-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Nice theory, I like it.