PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed :( WE DONT WANT ANY MORE DRAMATIC DRAWING STYLE CHANGES

Saken
07-02-2010, 07:06 AM
There's a huge discussion about the last episode.

I follow naruto since the anime started... And I have a few things to say.

First... This is MY opinion. And as a naruto fan I'm entitled to it. So don't flame. I don't flame who liked. I'm not here to flame, and I will NOT certainly lose my time arguing about it. I respect other fans opinion.

There WAS a change in the drawing style. Nobody can deny that. If one likes or not... it doesn't matter. The episode was different. FACT.

I liked the flow... I liked the 3d effect. I LOVED the episode story, it WAS AWESOME... but... come on? :( Some characters even looked different :(:(:( I really tried to appreciate it but I (and many fans as I can see) just felt... Disappointed :(

I can't even begin to understand how anyone that follows the anime since the beginning would like such a dramatic change in the drawing style (again, NOT flaming, my opinion, not accusing nor criticizing anyone), AND in a so important and dramatic event. I was looking forward do see naruto all out like this since like FOREVER, thats one of the things we've waited all this time since we've first meet naruto as a boy... I'm a manga and anime lover. The drawing is part of what we love. Gives a personal feeling to it, it's the CREATOR style, love and dedication ALL OVER, and when we don't love it at first, if the story is good, the drawing style sticks, we learn to love it! Because it's part of the characters, it's part of what we LOVE.

Now... I loved the naruto style, always did, the more even seeing its characters grow up, seeing the style evolve with them, becoming more refined. That always happen, it's natural, it's the creator style evolving, I think we as fans ALL respect and love that. IT'S GOOD!

But personally. Again, my opinion. I WOULD WAIT more time, to see this episode come out as how we're used to it than to see it like this. :(
This just killed part of my fan love :( just felt weird, not naruto.

So, whoever agrees with me, say it with me, again, not flaming anyone, not arguing with anyone. With respect.
And I hope they at least hear us.

mrsticky005
07-02-2010, 07:23 AM
The drawing style was...too expressive.

Vinnie_Cogneety
07-02-2010, 09:28 AM

First... This is MY opinion. And as a naruto fan I'm entitled to it. So don't flame. I don't flame who liked. I'm not here to flame, and I will NOT certainly lose my time arguing about it. I respect other fans opinion.

There WAS a change in the drawing style. Nobody can deny that. If one likes or not... it doesn't matter. The episode was different. FACT.

I liked the flow... I liked the 3d effect. I LOVED the episode story, it WAS AWESOME... but... come on? :( Some characters even looked different :(:(:( I really tried to appreciate it but I (and many fans as I can see) just felt... Disappointed :(

I can't even begin to understand how anyone that follows the anime since the beginning would like such a dramatic change in the drawing style (again, NOT flaming, my opinion, not accusing nor criticizing anyone), AND in a so important and dramatic event. I was looking forward do see naruto all out like this since like FOREVER, thats one of the things we've waited all this time since we've first meet naruto as a boy... I'm a manga and anime lover. The drawing is part of what we love. Gives a personal feeling to it, it's the CREATOR style, love and dedication ALL OVER, and when we don't love it at first, if the story is good, the drawing style sticks, we learn to love it! Because it's part of the characters, it's part of what we LOVE.

Now... I loved the naruto style, always did, the more even seeing its characters grow up, seeing the style evolve with them, becoming more refined. That always happen, it's natural, it's the creator style evolving, I think we as fans ALL respect and love that. IT'S GOOD!

But personally. Again, my opinion. I WOULD WAIT more time, to see this episode come out as how we're used to it than to see it like this. :(

So, whoever agrees with me, say it with me, again, not flaming anyone, not arguing with anyone. With respect.

Oh god, we got another "grown" person who's crying over a cartoon.
Dont you have better things to do?

Your crying...OVER A CARTOON....and whats worse is that...the animators dont care about your opinion.

Hey, if your crying over a TV show, what else makes you sensitive?`~(

Maikeru D. Shinigami
07-02-2010, 09:33 AM
I don't see what's so bad about it.

bibo
07-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Totally agree with saken.......well said buddy, Hope somehow they hear us

and somebudy from admin, please do something about this dude... vinnie_cogneety...really annoying & rude...

please just ignore ppl like vinne , no need to waste posts on them...

Konan9
07-02-2010, 02:35 PM

Your crying...OVER A CARTOON....and whats worse is that...the animators dont care about your opinion.

Well you're obviously not a Naruto Otaku -_-....

I'm sure a large number of people have cried over an ANIME... And the animators DO care ya know. They want to know what their fans think, they're not heartless people who don't care about their fans.

Don't you have better things to do other than putting someone down?

Edit: Wow... I'm smart... I forgot to even give my opinion on the actual thread.

I agree... the changes are NOT for the better. They need to go back to the old way... It seems kind of too slapstick. I was looking forward to this fight. But so far it's leaving me kind of annoyed -_-.

kamui
07-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Man that episode was incredible so just shut the (oh watch my mouth)up....lol!

Vivi
07-02-2010, 03:48 PM
I don't see what's so bad about it.

Too bad we can't post the Images.
I got 2 which show that Pain got completedly messed up.
It's awful.

electricatom
07-02-2010, 03:51 PM

this is naruto fans forum so shut up neo kid

electricatom
07-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Totally agree with saken.......well said buddy, Hope somehow they hear us

and somebudy from admin, please do something about this dude... vinnie_cogneety...really annoying & rude...

please just ignore ppl like vinne , no need to waste posts on them...

i agree with you, if like vinne is talking animators dont make naruto for they fans then for who? vinne is saying so stupid things that makes me wanna laugh

electricatom
07-02-2010, 03:57 PM

i agree with u, i want my old naruto back

HachibiXSenpai
07-02-2010, 06:41 PM
well the animation will go back to normal next week

MadaraTobi
07-02-2010, 06:46 PM
well the animation will go back to normal next week

Really!?!? How do you know this?

Ider Hitodama
07-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Well said Saken. I think you did a better job than any of us at explaining the fan's frustration with this episode.

Really!?!? How do you know this?

The preview for next week's episode shows the normal drawing style. We can all breathe a sigh of relief.

i agree with u, i want my old naruto back

Hey man, this is just a heads up before you get down repped or something. If you want to respond to multiple people you should edit your original post and cut and paste the quotes and your response into one post instead of making multiple posts in a row. Welcome to the forums btw.

Kunoichi
07-02-2010, 08:28 PM
From the animators point of view though, I can sort of understand. The show's been running so long, it probably feels good to change things up a bit and experiment for once.

HiddenRoar
07-03-2010, 01:47 AM
Wakabayashi made 167 the best evar.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000381-anime-and-manga-naruto/55433735
Some pics of his work from earlier Naruto episodes

Don't be hating, 167 Pain can fly.

JCTKNE4E
07-03-2010, 01:53 AM
I personally don't mind the changes in animation too much, but I have definitely noticed them. I also can agree that some of the characters looked different. In my eyes, Hinata definitely has undergone a big transformation. But in that instance, I think the change is for the better. She was lacking basic features to her face, it was awkward to look at (almost as if I was looking at a flat faced smiley or something). Still not much, but the change is in a better direction I think.

I can't say the same holds true for other characters though.

gama-sennin
07-03-2010, 02:09 AM
The real problem is with the way the faces are drawn.

electricatom
07-03-2010, 03:50 PM
yes we dont want to watch it and we wont buy it on dvd because we dont like this
we = me and some of my friends

Saken
07-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Thanks everyone :)
And this...

Too bad we can't post the Images.
I got 2 which show that Pain got completedly messed up.
It's awful. And this...

The real problem is with the way the faces are drawn. Is exactly my point, the faces for me were the worst, If it hadn't failed at that I think I wouldn't feel so disappointed. The animation, the flow, fine, nice change..The battle and effects were like WOW :D although I won't comment certain scenes, like pain being hammered down with a boulder... er... tom & jerry are we? :shock: god............
I saw somewhere someone complaining about the style too, that it looked almost american style.. I noticed that too :???: and hey, if we're watching anime, we want anime, not comics, and I like comics!

I was looking forward to this fight. But so far it's leaving me kind of annoyed -_-.And how I understand you.. :( I was trilled to see this coming, totally like this was to be the most awesome episode EVER, and it left me too like that...

HiddenRoar
07-04-2010, 03:03 PM
And how I understand you.. :( I was trilled to see this coming, totally like this was to be the most awesome episode EVER, and it left me too like that...

You're telling me you rather have:
Pain do one Shinra Tensei
Be knocked back by said Tensei
Have 6TK use one chakra blast before getting Bansho'ed
Talking between non-important people
A scene with Anko, Yamato, and Sai talking
Gamakichi laughing
Before ending with a Chibaku Tensei?

Instead of Wakabayashi's action filled:
Wack-a-Pain
Earthbending Pain
My Pain is greater than yours! Paunch
Pain X
Dolphin Pain
Skating Pain
Constapated Pain
and more
---------------------------------------------------------
Hardly any action in the Manga.
And at the risk of being subjugated for bad behavior:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2X-9hUawpw&feature=related
(Credits to PirateKing2000)
And that's only a drop in the 167 Pain meme bucket.

Just Me And My Shadow
07-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Oh my god you guys, COME ON.

You don't know that tons of different teams do the animation every week? Some are much better than others, and this week was one of the very best. A few off model moments were way worth the awesome animation and fights and such. Did you see how the characters were moving? It's VERY fluid.

The animation changes on a weekly basis so it's not going to be like this forever or something, every week it changes, and it'll look "normal" again next week. You only really notice the changes when a really good animator does the episode, and because you don't know how the system works, you mistake it as being bad because it's different.

Errgh.

Yori
07-04-2010, 08:11 PM
It was bound to happen, I liked this style better anyway. This isn't the first time we saw this in Naruto. Remember Naruto vs. Sasuke. Yes they did mess up Deva Path a few times but nothing too great

Ge3z
07-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Hi!
It has taken me some time to deal with the last episode and I came to a conclusion that artwork wasn't a nail in the episode coffin. It's all about contradiction with the manga.
First of all, Pain is a dead body and he shouldn't have expressed obsession. He completely went crazy :evil:
Secondly, Bijuu cloak is heavy chakra and Pain shouldn't have blocked Naruto's paws without any burn! What's more Naruto caught his face and it didn't melt at all. At least, that would have made sense!
At the end, I must point out that Kyuubi nailng Pain was so childish. It reminded me Tom and Jerry :|

I hope next episodes will be made more like shinobi anime called Naruto than mix of Star Wars and Tom&Jerry.

restless
07-05-2010, 09:53 AM
i cant understand people who said animation is good. Last episodes are mostly bad, i heard that good animators arenot there because they are doing a new movie. But i cant believe that they mess up this story.

PAIN and NARUTO are main story about war and shinobi world but some people just cannot see that. NARUTO has a great story AND animation MUST be great.
If you think we cannot wait manga's greatness in anime, i have a right to ask, why? We just see super episodes on Bee and on jiraiya. Didn't we ????? They were great animated scenes.

Just look these images, there is nothing to say;
This is what real

And This anime,

If you cannot understand the feeling differences in two image there is nothing to say. But if you do, you must realize that they cant even draw Naruto's face.

Thank you for doing great fighting scenes and more. We love you!!!..

Gif Removed -Nick Tasogare

Saken
07-06-2010, 08:19 AM
PAIN and NARUTO are main story about war and shinobi world but some people just cannot see that. NARUTO has a great story AND animation MUST be great.
If you think we cannot wait manga's greatness in anime, i have a right to ask, why? We just see super episodes on Bee and on jiraiya. Didn't we ????? They were great animated scenes.

And..

Hi!
It has taken me some time to deal with the last episode and I came to a conclusion that artwork wasn't a nail in the episode coffin. It's all about contradiction with the manga.
First of all, Pain is a dead body and he shouldn't have expressed obsession. He completely went crazy :evil:
Secondly, Bijuu cloak is heavy chakra and Pain shouldn't have blocked Naruto's paws without any burn! What's more Naruto caught his face and it didn't melt at all. At least, that would have made sense!

Right on ;)

And yes, I would like too see it just like it was drawn in the manga, I don't want them to change anything to please US, it doesnt work like that, manga IS art, anime IS art, and IS NOT meant to be changed because of the fans, it's meant for the fans love what's created, the drawing, the story, the world we've been given to know. The CREATOR art! And last episode changed the art, the battle storyline, some rules in the fight as pointed above.. and hey.. that just doesn't make any sense... change the fillers, I wouldn't care, but this awesome part in naruto? :(

If some people loved this episode I just don't understand how they loved it till now.. I respect it, but I certainly don't understand it.

HiddenRoar
07-06-2010, 02:09 PM
i cant understand people who said animation is good. Last episodes are mostly bad, i heard that good animators arenot there because they are doing a new movie. But i cant believe that they mess up this story.

Another person who doesn't know how to read and assume animation = artwork/style ... GG
Good animators are not there? Good lord you're so confused.

NARUTO has a great story AND animation MUST be great.

I lol'ed at this statement.

Thank you for doing great fighting scenes and more. We love you!!!..

Agreed. Lets have Waka back to do Sasuke vs. Kages, Sasuke vs. Danzo, and Naruto's imagination battle. It'll be awesome [Not sarcasm, Let's really have him back because 167 was pure awesome]

If some people loved this episode I just don't understand how they loved it till now.. I respect it, but I certainly don't understand it.

It was done by Waka, enough said.
If you still don't understand:
You're telling me you rather have:
Pain do one Shinra Tensei
Be knocked back by said Tensei
Have 6TK use one chakra blast before getting Bansho'ed
Talking between non-important people
A scene with Anko, Yamato, and Sai talking
Gamakichi laughing
Before ending with a Chibaku Tensei?
Plus, most episodes animated by Studio Pierrot are "meh...". Don't believe me? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2A3OmRWcVI
^That fight actually was in the anime.

MysticGoten
07-06-2010, 02:56 PM
I want you guys to stop complaining about ONE not well-animated episode in 2010.
Imagine me, watching a show, taped off a Japanese Television that was made in '89. Did you think I complained...?
Just cuz of one episode, people are saying that Pierro studios are going down the drain, while these types of terrible animation were frequent in a series like Dragon Ball Z.
http://i46.tinypic.com/deb31l.jpghttp://img10.imageshack.us/img10/26/snapshotdvd011608201006.pnghttp://img688.imageshack.us/img688/9998/dbz156bowtotheprincemkv.jpg

Mihoko TsukiHana
07-06-2010, 06:05 PM
geez, im quite confused now, if the animation is bad or the art

restless
07-07-2010, 02:17 AM
Another person who doesn't know how to read and assume animation = artwork/style ... GG
Good animators are not there? Good lord you're so confused.

animation can be something i dont know but i am trying to say there is low quality. If you dont want to understand it is ok. Maybe i explained myself in a bad way, i am talking about first episodes of naruto vs pain.

first episode of naruto vs pain, in there when naruto defeat first pain(mechanical one) it was just like fan made. And if you could rewatch it, it has just a manga picture in it. So sorry but i couldnt see any moving action so i mean animation by this.

I was just wait some cool begining for naruto vs pain. But when i watch it it was just like fan made. They use manga's picture and colored it. It can be ok to you but i wanted to see that explosion of mechanical pain in different point of views and more than just manga picture. So i think it is about animation which is movement and action right? i dont know these concepts if i am wrong correct me please.

Mihoko TsukiHana
07-07-2010, 03:04 AM
agreed. At some points it looked like they just used 1 single manga picture and colored it.

Eeltauy
07-07-2010, 04:26 AM
agreed. the last episode was terrible!!

Kiseki
07-07-2010, 06:24 AM
The real problem is with the way the faces are drawn.

So true. Shikamaru for example. His head is way to flat these days!
I mean.. it's like somebody slapped the back of his head :|

Saken
08-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Omg the preview for the next episode...... :(

Poodle
08-04-2010, 06:10 AM
I barely notice a difference. Naruto has definitely become more stylish and cinematic to me since the early episodes tho. personally i think whoever does the ANIME should get as much praise as the Manga writer since the way they incorporate the music for emotional buildup, fluid scenes and additional stuff in between whats in the manga is done excellently. i don't really care about staying true to the Manga since the Manga sucks to read IMO. its all penciled drawings that are confusing when theres a lot going on with lines everywhere, where as everything is more clear and sensible in the Anime. Subtle differences in the drawings is jsut being anal imo. whatever tho, i guess the fillers lately make knit-picking more common here....

Naruto is the BEST!!!!11

Red
08-09-2010, 10:21 PM

That's rude.