PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: This is about your usernames.

itachi/madara
06-15-2009, 04:28 PM
ok im making a threadl, its about usernames with posts
here

what i mean is have u ever wanted a username but someone took it and they have only posted twice or so?
i have...

so i am thinking
what would you say if we could make a way were the people who dont post for some time get deleted?

im asking for your opinion guys
tell me waht you think.

sakuraharuno2
06-15-2009, 04:33 PM
hmm...i think its unfair cause maybe they havent posted cause something happened

itachi/madara
06-15-2009, 05:12 PM
nobodys posting to this.........

Ikuto
06-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Don't know...
I like usernames original.....with no numbers or extra words in it...

which one did you wanted?

SRhyse
06-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Don't know...
I like usernames original.....with no numbers or extra words in it...

which one did you wanted?
Me too. As an FYI for anyone wanting a username change, if you want to change your name to something dumb that's in line with what's quoted, I will likely deny you.

Naruto
06-15-2009, 07:07 PM
This is a good idea. I'm lucky to have my username. At first I thought somebody already took it so I made another username. Then I changed it from Tobi4 to Naruto.

Kuroda Taishi
06-15-2009, 07:10 PM
hmm... very cool that you lucked into Naruto

Naruto
06-15-2009, 07:15 PM
hmm... very cool that you lucked into Naruto
It took me 3 mins and 45 secs to figure out that nobody took Naruto yet.

Black King
06-15-2009, 08:01 PM
I was thinking the same thing. But people who haven't posted at all over a long period shouldn't be deleted. I was thinking more along the lines of people who haven't posted at all or logged in since they joined. Because, like sakuraharuno2 said, something might have come up to prevent them from getting on the internet. Well...the same thing could happen to those people who haven't logged in since joining, too...but I doubt that's the case with all of them. :| Hmmm...I don't know.
There should be a way of getting rid of inactive accounts, though. In my opinion, anyway.

TheViolletteHeart
06-15-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm happy with my username, and I hope no one steals it for ANY site. I first used it on the THA forums, and it has been mine since then.

<Aurega?>
06-16-2009, 12:21 AM
What's THA? xD

Anyways, my username is pretty specific for me as well. I have a couple others that I use regularily, but they are never taken.

2hyper4u AKA Sloth
06-16-2009, 12:24 AM
I came up with 2hyper4u for my Youtube account, but used somethin else
i used it on here, and it wasn't taken
I added the AKA Sloth part after i joined the FMA club and became a homunculi

Agent Spectre
06-17-2009, 05:48 PM
I was thinking the same thing. But people who haven't posted at all over a long period shouldn't be deleted. I was thinking more along the lines of people who haven't posted at all or logged in since they joined. Because, like sakuraharuno2 said, something might have come up to prevent them from getting on the internet. Well...the same thing could happen to those people who haven't logged in since joining, too...but I doubt that's the case with all of them. :| Hmmm...I don't know.
There should be a way of getting rid of inactive accounts, though. In my opinion, anyway.

Agreed.
On my forums, zero posting users are deleted after 2-3 months. I don't even care if they're just lurkers or whatever... they can make a new one... -_-.
However I will never delete an account just because it is inactive... even if they have just one post... what if it's really good? Y'know? It's not fair to them whether they come back or not.

No offence, but I can't stand when people try to snag user names that are the series character names. It just seems disrespectful to me unless they change it in some cool unique way ( no, not adding numbers.. -_-). Not only that but it's just confusing. blah.

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Hm.sounds unfair, cause they might have something goin' on with their lives so that they don't have the time to go and post something. And also, what if they got grounded by their parents/ guardians...

Ikuto
06-17-2009, 06:22 PM
:lol::lol: your sig is halourse!!!

oooo really???

TucanaTheToucan
06-17-2009, 08:43 PM
My username is named after an actual Southern Circumpolar Constellation; hence the name
TucanaTheToucan. Call me Tucana for short.

shadowatching
06-18-2009, 06:10 AM
Shadowatching

"Shadow" "watching" is how you pronounce it really

Its like "wallflower"

I am watching from the shadow's, I guess is the right translation of the whole thing

I am always in the back ground and always watching.

narutorocks
06-18-2009, 06:39 AM
My user name "narutorocks" is pretty plain...:roll:

I joined on the 1st night/day the Forum opened and I had absolutley no idea what my username should be!

So after 20 minutes of, believe it or not, long and hard thinking this is what I came up with.:|

Naruto
06-18-2009, 08:39 AM
My user name "narutorocks" is pretty plain...:roll:

I joined on the 1st night/day the Forum opened and I had absolutley no idea what my username should be!

So after 20 minutes of, believe it or not, long and hard thinking this is what I came up with.:|
No you joined 2 days after the forums opened like me.

You thought for 20 mins?!

Sage Mode
06-18-2009, 09:18 AM

You guys both joined on March 27th, which was the first day of the forums being open to the public.

Kakashi71
06-18-2009, 10:27 AM
I forgot what I wanted I think like KakashiUltimateFan or somethig like that but I think I addapted to Kakashi71 but back then was mad B/C the name I wanted was not avalible and the person with it never used it once

Kakashi71
06-18-2009, 10:29 AM
You guys both joined on March 27th, which was the first day of the forums being open to the public.
u guys joined the day before my B-Day :mrgreen:

narutorocks
06-19-2009, 06:24 PM

You thought for 20 mins?!

Just about.:|

*Not very creative!*:p

madara'
07-04-2009, 07:11 AM
hmm...i think its unfair cause maybe they havent posted cause something happened
That's true.