PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Spoiler tags used in signatures

Naruto
06-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Use spoiler tags in your signatures if you have long ones. I posted this because I don't know if you people read my post in maximum sig length.

Err
06-29-2009, 10:49 PM
I think it useless. There's no real use for it. I mean come on, who wants to see someone's Sig, see a button for a spoiler, and click on it JUST to read it. I can't speak for everyone, but when I see someone who has spoilers in their Signature, I don't even click on it now. Most of the time those spoilers usually have "BEHIND YOU", "HAHA MADE YOU LOOK" or something along those lines. It loses it's meaning as a spoiler since every you go it gets posted, and most of the time, it's not even a true spoiler. It's a waste of other users time that can be spent reading something that's actually interesting.

Naruto
06-30-2009, 06:34 AM
I think it useless. There's no real use for it. I mean come on, who wants to see someone's Sig, see a button for a spoiler, and click on it JUST to read it. I can't speak for everyone, but when I see someone who has spoilers in their Signature, I don't even click on it now. Most of the time those spoilers usually have "BEHIND YOU", "HAHA MADE YOU LOOK" or something along those lines. It loses it's meaning as a spoiler since every you go it gets posted, and most of the time, it's not even a true spoiler. It's a waste of other users time that can be spent reading something that's actually interesting.
Actually it saves space and people signatures 1/2 a page long. If everybody with long signatures did that they wouldn't have to scroll down 1/2 a page to read the next post.

zerosameri
06-30-2009, 07:03 AM
i see you point. but it is meaning less, if some one has a spoiler in there
signature i don't bother reading it because it is some thing dumd most of the time.like this one person who had a super pointless spoiler, it was spoiler in spoiler in spoiler i click 50 times untill i got to the end of it, and all it said was 'I'm a ninja.' but i completly agree with Err

Naruto
06-30-2009, 07:09 AM
i see you point. but it is meaning less, if some one has a spoiler in there
signature i don't bother reading it because it is some thing dumd most of the time.like this one person who had a super pointless spoiler, it was spoiler in spoiler in spoiler i click 50 times untill i got to the end of it, and all it said was 'I'm a ninja.' but i completly agree with Err
True. I wish there was a way to tell people who have dumb things and people who have things you SHOULD bother to read.

Err
07-15-2009, 11:29 PM
Actually it saves space and people signatures 1/2 a page long. If everybody with long signatures did that they wouldn't have to scroll down 1/2 a page to read the next post.
Which is why I turned off signatures now. Is there really a need to have 1/2 a page of that stuff? There should be a very small character limit, like 200 or something to prevent things like this.

Naruto
07-16-2009, 07:43 AM
Which is why I turned off signatures now. Is there really a need to have 1/2 a page of that stuff? There should be a very small character limit, like 200 or something to prevent things like this.
I agree with you but then people will start complaining. I don't get what people are here for their sigs, rep, and rank or Naruto.