PDA

View Full Version : Shikamaru vs. Neji

Rotate
05-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Shikimaru from the Nara clan or Neji from the Hyuuga clan, who would win?

Rules: This battle takes place right before Sasuke escapes the leaf village.
This battle will occur in the forest of death.
Both of them are full of chakra and ready to fight.
Shikimaru starts on a branch of a tree while Neji starts on the ground.
They are facing each other 20 meters away.
Shikimaru has 5 kunai, 8 shuriken, 3 paperbombs, and 5 roles of wire, while Neji has none of those things.

WindScar22
05-28-2010, 04:07 PM
It's Shikamaru, not Shikimaru. If Shikamaru had a plan thought out he might be able to win, but of course, Neji can just Rotation any Kunai or Shuriken that Shikamaru might use as part of his well-thought out plan. It could go either way.

Nyruss
05-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Neji rapes. He avoids any attempt by Shikamaru to join their shadows and pokes Shikamaru in the face, causing him to explode.

Tourune
05-28-2010, 04:25 PM
ima go w/ Neji caz he's faster + Shika is done if he's cought in 128 Palms

Rotate
05-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Shikamaru has the advantage in this battle because shadows are pretty much all around him. If I were to picck between the two I would pick Shikamaru because the battlefeild is pretty much just made of shadows. Shikamaru's ninja tools probably wouldn't affect Neji at all besides the paperbombs because they would be blocked by Neji's rotation. Neji would definatly have the upper hand in close combat but in midrange Shikamaru would have the upper hand. If one of Shikamaru's shadows touched Neji then the battle's already over for him.

Akainu
05-28-2010, 04:39 PM
ima go w/ Neji caz he's faster + Shika is done if he's cought in 128 Palms

Dude you can't use filler moves here. Read the rules seriously.

SageoftheSixPaths
05-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Neji stomps. He has massively better reaction speed than Shikamaru can produce. He simply Rotations away anything Shikamaru tries to hit him with from far away, and shadows are easily avoided.

One Gentle Fist to the heart and Shikamaru is done.

ByakuganAlex
05-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Neji has it. he could run into the forest turn around and go into shikamaru's blindspot. game over.

Miles Edgeworth
05-28-2010, 09:10 PM
If Neji can dodge attacks from Kidomaru, then Shikamaru has nothing to take him out.

Neji uses 64 Palms and takes out Shikamaru.

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Shikamaru has the advantage in this battle because shadows are pretty much all around him. If I were to picck between the two I would pick Shikamaru because the battlefeild is pretty much just made of shadows. Shikamaru's ninja tools probably wouldn't affect Neji at all besides the paperbombs because they would be blocked by Neji's rotation. Neji would definatly have the upper hand in close combat but in midrange Shikamaru would have the upper hand. If one of Shikamaru's shadows touched Neji then the battle's already over for him.

Apparently in the Battle Grounds, the fights between the characters take place in an empty space. No obstacles, no differences in elevation- just a blank plane. I was told this by the moderators. In that case, Neji would win easily, I have to say. He could easily dodge Shadow Sewing and put Shikamaru into cardiac arrest by hitting the chakra points near his heart.

Additionally, Neji has nearly 360 degree vision, so chances are he wouldn't allow himself to be caught by the shadows. If he was trapped somehow, Rotation would solve the problem.

Vivi
05-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Apparently in the Battle Grounds, the fights between the characters take place in an empty space. No obstacles, no differences in elevation- just a blank plane. I was told this by the moderators. In that case, Neji would win easily, I have to say. He could easily dodge Shadow Sewing and put Shikamaru into cardiac arrest by hitting the chakra points near his heart.

Additionally, Neji has nearly 360 degree vision, so chances are he wouldn't allow himself to be caught by the shadows. If he was trapped somehow, Rotation would solve the problem.

Only if no Location has been given.In this case Rotate did with the Forest of the Death.

While I agree Neji win's Rotation won't work against Shadow Possession.
Cause firstly Shadow Possession immobilizes Neji and can only move according to Shika.
Thus he can't Spin.
Tayuya got out by pure Strength.Is there anything that shows Neji having Power compared to her in CM2 State?

And how will Rotation solve it?

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Only if no Location has been given.In this case Rotate did with the Forest of the Death.

While I agree Neji win's Rotation won't work against Shadow Possession.
Cause firstly Shadow Possession immobilizes Neji and can only move according to Shika.
Thus he can't Spin.
Tayuya got out by pure Strength.Is there anything that shows Neji having Power compared to her in CM2 State?

And how will Rotation solve it?
1) I didn't realize the location was indicated, I apologize.
2) Neji would see the Shadow coming from any direction, and dodge it, and if he couldn't for whatever reason, he'd use Rotation to protect himself, as the Shadow is composed of chakra it can't past through a chakra barrier.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
05-29-2010, 01:58 PM
It's not composed of chakra, it's manipulated using chakra. If it was made of chakra, it wouldn't be limited based on the shadow's reach.

Sort-of like Choji's expansion jutsu. He uses chakra to do it, but his body isn't made of chakra.

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 01:59 PM
It's not composed of chakra, it's manipulated using chakra. If it was made of chakra, it wouldn't be limited based on the shadow's reach.

Sort-of like Choji's expansion jutsu. He uses chakra to do it, but his body isn't made of chakra.

All jutsu has a chakra base, whether it's tangible or intangible. Choji has chakra running through his body, as the Shadow has chakra running through it as well.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
05-29-2010, 02:17 PM
All jutsu has a chakra base, whether it's tangible or intangible. Choji has chakra running through his body, as the Shadow has chakra running through it as well.

No, Gaara, for example, doesn't put chakra in the sand he controls. The sand in his gourd is chakra-infused, yes, but he's often used other sand that isn't. He uses chakra to manipulate the sand, but there is no chakra in the sand.

Toma RNK
05-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Neji's enhanced sight abilities severely limits shikamaru's stalling tactics and thus hurts any planning done during the battle.

Absent plot no jutsu Neji would take this one. It is reasonable to assume that neji could either outlast shikimaru who has little comparative chakra at this point or close the distance and win.

Neji's vision is the key to this stomping.

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 02:27 PM
No, Gaara, for example, doesn't put chakra in the sand he controls. The sand in his gourd is chakra-infused, yes, but he's often used other sand that isn't. He uses chakra to manipulate the sand, but there is no chakra in the sand.

If he uses chakra to manipulate the sand, then there's a connection between the chakra and the sand. All jutsu is chakra based.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
05-29-2010, 02:30 PM
If he uses chakra to manipulate the sand, then there's a connection between the chakra and the sand. All jutsu is chakra based.

No, is it specifically explained that the sand in his gourd is chakra-infused, which is what makes it faster and stronger. If the other sand did too, there'd be no difference.

Jirobo uses chakra to pick up a huge mound of earth. Is the earth suddenly infused with chakra? No.

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 02:33 PM
No, is it specifically explained that the sand in his gourd is chakra-infused, which is what makes it faster and stronger. If the other sand did too, there'd be no difference.

Jirobo uses chakra to pick up a huge mound of earth. Is the earth suddenly infused with chakra? No.

No, I already knew about the gord. I'm saying, if he can manipulate the sand/earth that's around him by manipulating his chakra, then there's obviously a connection between the two. Every single jutsu in Naruto is chakra based.

Additionally, Jirobo picking up a chunk of earth is not a jutsu. It's him using his strength to pick up a piece of earth.

Nick Tasogare
05-29-2010, 02:36 PM

When fighting Kimimaro, Gaara made sand that he could not infuse with Chakra, and used it against Kimimaro. He specifivally mentioned that it had no Chakra in it. He manipulates it with his Chakra, meaning that his Chakra allows him to move sand in the same way telekinesis would allow a person to lift a block.

The fact that there would not need to be Chakra in the sand is further proved by the Iron Sand technique, where the Chakra IN THE USERS BODY allowed them the ability to control magnetism, manipulating the metal sand.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
05-29-2010, 02:39 PM
No, I already knew about the gord. I'm saying, if he can manipulate the sand/earth that's around him by manipulating his chakra, then there's obviously a connection between the two. Every single jutsu in Naruto is chakra based.

Additionally, Jirobo picking up a chunk of earth is not a jutsu. It's him using his strength to pick up a piece of earth.

Obviously there's a connection. That doesn't mean the jutsu has a chakra base. The sand does not have chakra in it, end of story. You're saying it's chakra based now, but earlier you were saying it has a chakra base. Two completely different things. Chakra based would mean chakra is used to do it, having a chakra base means it's filled or composed of chakra.

Then why exactly is it called Earth Style: Earth Mausoleum Dumpling?

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 02:39 PM
When fighting Kimimaro, Gaara made sand that he could not infuse with Chakra, and used it against Kimimaro. He specifivally mentioned that it had no Chakra in it. He manipulates it with his Chakra, meaning that his Chakra allows him to move sand in the same way telekinesis would allow a person to lift a block.

The fact that there would not need to be Chakra in the sand is further proved by the Iron Sand technique, where the Chakra IN THE USERS BODY allowed them the ability to control magnetism, manipulating the metal sand.

I understand the chakra isn't inside the sand, but all jutsu is chakra based. Would it exist without chakra? No.

Actually, with that Keke-Genkai, the user transfers his chakra into magnetic waves and radiates them OUTWARD that control the sand. (As a side note, if the sands' magnetic waves' chakra was disrupted, the sand would fall into piles on the floor.)

Nick Tasogare
05-29-2010, 02:42 PM

Just because all Jutsu use Chakra does not mean that every Jutsu's manifestation holds Chakra with in it. That is my point, and I'll be going now.

@Your Reply

If I'm not mistaken, you argued that Chakra blocks Chakra, right? You're saying that the Chakra is within the Shadow, which it is not. I'm not saying that there is no Chakra, I'm saying that the Chakra is within Shikamaru, and he manipulates the Shadow with that Chakra. He does not change Chakra into Shadow.

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Just because all Jutsu use Chakra does not mean that every Jutsu's manifestation holds Chakra with in it. That is my point, and I'll be going now.

@Your Reply

If I'm not mistaken, you argued that Chakra blocks Chakra, right? You're saying that the Chakra is within the Shadow, which it is not. I'm not saying that there is no Chakra, I'm saying that the Chakra is within Shikamaru, and he manipulates the Shadow with that Chakra. He does not change Chakra into Shadow.

And I'll be proving that wrong now. The Sand that Gaara uses from the Earth is in one way or another in contact with his chakra. It has nothing to do with "telekinesis." That was not a valid comparison. There's a difference between "chakra infused" and "manipulated by chakra around surrounding it."

1) Chakra blocks chakra, yes.
2) Chakra is indeed inside the Shadow, further proven by how it's connected to Shikarmaru's shadow. It'd be a different story if Shikamaru could manipulate a shadow without connecting his to it.

(By the way, Jirobo's "jutsu" you mentioned...He picked up a chunk of earth and threw it. Not a jutsu. Characters can call their attacks jutsu, but according to you all, "words don't matter." That doesn't even matter anyway because you don't have proof that he didn't infuse the ground with chakra.)
I'll be going now as well. I'm glad I was able to educate you.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
05-29-2010, 02:51 PM
We know there's a difference, that's what we're proving. You say all jutsu have a chakra base. We proved that wrong. Therefore, Shikamaru's shadow does not have to have a chakra base.

Oh, Gaara's technique must be chakra infused because he can't make it turn green.

What? No.

There's nothing that proves that the shadow must have chakra because Shikamaru can't manipulate other ones. That's just a wild assumption.

Edit: The databook says it is. Kishimoto>Your thoughts.

Glad I could educate you.

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 02:55 PM
We know there's a difference, that's what we're proving. You say all jutsu have a chakra base. We proved that wrong. Therefore, Shikamaru's shadow does not have to have a chakra base.

Oh, Gaara's technique must be chakra infused because he can't make it turn green.

What? No.

There's nothing that proves that the shadow must have chakra because Shikamaru can't manipulate other ones. That's just a wild assumption.

I proved that wrong in my previous post.

There's a difference between "infused with chakra" and "surrounded by chakra." Either way, the chakra of the jutsu can be disrupted.

Nice story, bro.

No, actually, because he has to connect his shadow in order to manipulate others. If there wasn't chakra in his shadow to manipulate other shadows, then why would he have to connect his? Why wouldn't he just manipulate a shadow at will? Because he can't without pouring his chakra into it.

(You also told me with everyone else that the databooks were unreliable. That backfired...xD)

Konoha'sGreenThunder
05-29-2010, 02:59 PM
I proved that wrong in my previous post.

There's a difference between "infused with chakra" and "surrounded by chakra." Either way, the chakra of the jutsu can be disrupted.

Nice story, bro.

No, actually, because he has to connect his shadow in order to manipulate others. If there wasn't chakra in his shadow to manipulate other shadows, then why wopuld he have to connect his? Why wouldn't he just manipulate a shadow at will? Because he can't without pouring his chakra into it.

No, you made up something and thought it was evidence. It was not.

There's not suddenly chakra in the air around the sand.

That's a blind assumption. If the shadow was made of chakra, why would its reach be limited by the light and already existing shadows?

Edit: I never once said databooks are not reliable. Stop making stuff up. Herp derp, that backfired on you.

My pleasure to enlighten you.

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 03:01 PM

That's a blind assumption. If the shadow was made of chakra, why would its reach be limited by the light and already existing shadows?

Unspecific, therefore irrelevant.

Completely irrelevant. That has nothing to do with anything I said about the chakra involvement with jutsu.

Because the laws of physics remain. Shadow can't exist in light, because shadow is the absence of light. Nice try, though.

Actually, most moderators impose that the DB are not allowed to be used. That backfired.

Glad to educate you. Didn't you say you were leaving? I'd suggest showing something self-control.

(try not to be rude. "Derp derp" Whatever that is...)

J-Sun Tasogare
05-29-2010, 03:02 PM

Edit: I never once said databooks are not reliable. Stop making stuff up. Herp derp, that backfired on you.

My pleasure to enlighten you.
KGT make the bad man go away D: xD

Shikamaru's Shadow Possesion is a Kekki Genki not a normal jutsu. The Kekki Genki lets him MANIPULATE (I think you just learned a new word ;D) His shadow with chakra to say anything different is a lie.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
05-29-2010, 03:03 PM

Completely irrelevant. That has nothing to do with anything I said about the chakra involvement with jutsu.

Because the laws of physics remain. Shadow can't exist in light, because shadow is the absence of light. Nice try, though.

I explained it in my other posts. Try reading.

Yes, it does. You said it was surrounded by chakra.

Nice try, but in a world of ninjas where they used chakra to make fire shoot from their mouths and someone can control gravity, physics do not apply.

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 03:04 PM
KGT make the bad man go away D: xD

Shikamaru's Shadow Possesion is a Kekki Genki not a normal jutsu. The Kekki Genki lets him MANIPULATE (I think you just learned a new word ;D) His shadow with chakra to say anything different is a lie.

I won't debate with more than one person, as it is unfair. I didn't read your post. This is between me and KGT.

J-Sun Tasogare
05-29-2010, 03:05 PM

Actually, most moderators impose that the DB are not allowed to be used. That backfired.

Glad to educate you. Didn't you say you were leaving? I'd suggest showing something self-control.

(try not to be rude. "Derp derp" Whatever that is...)

It's Herp Derp -^-

Laws of physics Hrm .......Like walking on water summoning giant monsters out of nothing making your head become a snake summoning a big cloak of energy giant foxes with nine tails attacking? `:P No `;)

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 03:06 PM
I explained it in my other posts. Try reading.

Yes, it does. You said it was surrounded by chakra.

Nice try, but in a world of ninjas where they used chakra to make fire shoot from their mouths and someone can control gravity, physics do not apply.

Be more specific next time. And yes, ninjas can send their chakra through air. *bonk*

They don't? So... Why is there an atmosphere held down by gravity? Why does light travel in straight paths? Of course physics apply.

J-Sun Tasogare
I won't debate with more than one person, as it is unfair. I didn't read your post. This is between me and KGT.
Cause I just poked a hole through your lie right? xD

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
It's Herp Derp -^-

Laws of physics Hrm .......Like walking on water summoning giant monsters out of nothing making your head become a snake summoning a big cloak of energy giant foxes with nine tails attacking? `:P No `;)

You aren't helping him at all, sorry to inform you.

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Cause I just poked a hole through your lie right? xD

No, because you disregarded my proof. And I only debate with one person at a time...xD

Konoha'sGreenThunder
Just because some people say they're unreliable doesn't mean I think that. I never said it, end of story.

And no, that was Nick that said that.

You, however, also said it.

I'll be going now as well. I'm glad I was able to educate you.

Edit: Some apply, some do not. You can't argue against jutsu with science. Until you can explain how someone is capable of manipulating their shadow with our science, don't argue against it with our science.

The Demon Zabuza
Be more specific next time. And yes, ninjas can send their chakra through air. *bonk*

They don't? So... Why is there an atmosphere held fdown by gravity? Why does light travel in straight paths? Of course physics apply.

Physics do apply, unless chakra is involved. Can you agree to that?

Since he can't create a shadow, the chakra is not involved. So Neji can't defeat it.

J-Sun Tasogare
05-29-2010, 03:08 PM
You aren't helping him at all, sorry to inform you.
Sorry to inform you but we are fresh outta good debating tactics you'll just have to stick with your lies today :P....

Just aswell you keep repeating your same post over and over again you should get your record fixed xD

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Just because some people say they're unreliable doesn't mean I think that. I never said it, end of story.

And no, that was Nick that said that.

You, however, also said it.

No, I always relied on the DB. They are just not allowed here, ask the higher-ups, because I did. They said they weren't allowed here. I know it's ridiculous.

J-Sun Tasogare
05-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Physics do apply, unless chakra is involved. Can you agree to that?

Since he can't create a shadow, the chakra is not involved. So Neji can't defeat it.
And that's exactly what I said in fewer words He manipulates HIS OWN SHADOW THAT'S ALREADY THERE herp a derp you just lost Nejiboy :mrgreen:

Konoha'sGreenThunder
05-29-2010, 03:09 PM
It's a jutsu whether or not I can use the databook as a reference.

J-Sun Tasogare
05-29-2010, 03:10 PM
It's a jutsu whether or not I can use the databook as a reference.
You don't need them he says Shadow Possesion Jutsu in the manga :P

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Sorry to inform you but we are fresh outta good debating tactics you'll just have to stick with your lies today :P....

Just aswell you keep repeating your same post over and over again you should get your record fixed xD

You'd say that to anyone who proves you wrong/disagrees with you. Additionally, this is not about insults. All you do is insult people. You don't contribute factually like GKT does.

Cool story, bro.

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 03:11 PM
You don't need them he says Shadow Possesion Jutsu in the manga :P

You're not even making sense! We weren't even debating whether or not Shadow Possession is a jutsu or not! XDD

Spark
05-29-2010, 03:12 PM
wasnt it dark around the time sasuke left the village?

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
wasnt it dark around the time sasuke left the village?

Hm? What are you implying?

J-Sun Tasogare
You'd say that to anyone who proves you wrong/disagrees with you. Additiopnaly, this is not about insults. All you do is insult people. You don't contribute factually like GKT does.

Cool story, bro.
Insult? (KGT By the way) I was just pointing out what you were doing, if you find what you do insulting then you should stop doing it :P

Spark
05-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Hm? What are you implying?

if it was dark would there still be a shadow.
also even if the moon was out the shadow wouldnt travel as far(am i correct) so wouldnt it make it easier for neji to win

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Insult? (KGT By the way) I was just pointing out what you were doing, if you find what you do insulting then you should stop doing it :P

You said I "lie" on multiple occasions, you claim I don't use fact when I analyze everything scientifically and from viewpoint of the manga, etc.. All you do is insult. Therefore you are no help to KGT.

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 03:15 PM
if it was dark would there still be a shadow.
also even if the moon was out the shadow wouldnt travel as far(am i correct) so wouldnt it make it easier for neji to win

If it was dark enough, Shikamaru's jutsu would be useless, yes.

J-Sun Tasogare
05-29-2010, 03:16 PM
You said I lied on multiple occasions, you claim I don't use fact when I analyze everything scientifically and from viewpoint of the manga, etc.. All you do is insult. Therefore you are no help to KGT.
Fixed your spelling :P

Sceintifically xD Sceintifically? XD in a Ficition book no wonder KGT won this debate a long time ago. The best debater in the world couldn't help KGT cause he already won so help wouldn't be necassary.

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Fixed your spelling :P

Sceintifically xD Sceintifically? XD in a Ficition book no wonder KGT won this debate a long time ago. The best debater in the world couldn't help KGT cause he already won so help wouldn't be necassary.

Cool story, bro. But I kind of proved myself...sorry...xD

J-Sun Tasogare
05-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Cool story, bro. But I kind of proved myself...sorry...xD
Okay, It's okay to have a big imagination.

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Okay, It's okay to have a big imagination.

Insults are disregarded by me, sorry.

Fliparrachii
05-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Since the battle is in the forest, it will consist of a lot of shadows, which favor Shikamaru. Even if Shikamaru was to use his ninja tools, Neji will most-likely dodge or use rotation until Shikamaru runs out of weapons. Also, Neji is mainly a close-range fighter, so he'll have to stick close if he wants to attack, he has no choice since he has no ninja tools. But even in the process of sticking close, Shikamaru can just use is shadow jutsus, the scenario favors Shikamaru since he's a shadow specialist and the location is in a forest.

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Since the battle is in the forest, it will consist of a lot of shadows, which favor Shikamaru. Even if Shikamaru was to use his ninja tools, Neji will most-likely dodge or use rotation until Shikamaru runs out of weapons. Also, Neji is mainly a close-range fighter, so he'll have to stick close if he wants to attack, he has no choice since he has no ninja tools. But even in the process of sticking close, Shikamaru can just use is shadow jutsus, the scenario favors Shikamaru since he's a shadow specialist and the location is in a forest.

Very true, although Neji can watch out for incoming 'shadows' from any direction with his Byakugan. Also, if Neji is close to Shimaru even once, he has the chance to end the battle by either sealing Shikamaru's chakra or putting him into cardiac arrest.

Fliparrachii
05-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Very true, although Neji can watch out for incoming 'shadows' from any direction with his Byakugan. Also, if Neji is close to Shimaru even once, he has the chance to end the battle by either sealing Shikamaru's chakra or putting him into cardiac arrest.

Shikamaru would barely even use chakra in this situation. Shikamaru is a strategist, he would have most likely use his tools to ware down Neji's chakra if he would have been using rotation. If Neji even tried to attack, Shikamaru would have dodged it, only causing Neji to get fatigued. Shadows surround Neji as he attacks, there is no way he can get out of Shikamaru's shadow clutches.

Akatsuki Tsunade
05-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Based on the rules I’m giving this to nije. Shik doesn’t haven much chakra and I believe nije could out last him. Shiki also doesn’t have shadow sewing which sux for him. Nijie should be able to find Shik location pretty easy..

However I don’t think Nije’s rotation could block shadow possession. im not 100% sure on that but thats what i think..

Shik does however have a chance of wining based on the fact he is a Genius

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
05-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Shikamaru would barely even use chakra in this situation. Shikamaru is a strategist, he would have most likely use his tools to ware down Neji's chakra if he would have been using rotation. If Neji even tried to attack, Shikamaru would have dodged it, only causing Neji to get fatigued. Shadows surround Neji as he attacks, there is no way he can get out of Shikamaru's shadow clutches.

1) Neji is several times faster than Shikamaru, he wouldn't avoid his attacks as easily as that.
2) Rotation and block the shadow strikes, as they have chakra within them, AND the Shadow Possession Jutsu has never shown to phase through solid objects.
3) Most of the kunai atacks Neji would dodge. Remember, Neji only uses Rotation when he's trapped somehow.

Additionally, he wouldn't be able to keep Neji at bay with just tools. No ninja can keep any other ninja at bay with just tools. (Except Tenten, because she unleashes huge-scale masses of them at once)

chidoriroar
05-31-2010, 02:37 AM
I say neji because shikamaru may be smart but he cant really beat neji unless he plans ahead or he has a team neji can just go wild on shikamaru and shikamaru wont be able to think of a plan then neji just uses 128 palms and kills shikamaru.

Miles Edgeworth
05-31-2010, 03:18 PM
I say neji because shikamaru may be smart but he cant really beat neji unless he plans ahead or he has a team neji can just go wild on shikamaru and shikamaru wont be able to think of a plan then neji just uses 128 palms and kills shikamaru.

128 Palms is non canon.

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
06-02-2010, 08:22 PM
128 Palms is non canon.

It isn't here, but 64 Palms is easily its equal.
(Just for the record)

Nyruss
06-02-2010, 08:29 PM
128 palms is twice as powerful as 64 palms. That's why its 128 palms.

sasori lord
06-02-2010, 08:36 PM
well simple if neji comes close to shika he could catch him cause hes right next to him but he could use other things i mean he could think of a plan fast but stuff also could happen

Miles Edgeworth
06-02-2010, 08:41 PM
It isn't here, but 64 Palms is easily its equal.
(Just for the record)

Well if that was the case then what would be the point of that technique even existing? Imo it wouldn't be too much harder for Neji to just do 64 Palms twice, 128 Palms has to be superior to some extent otherwise it is a flawed, pointless technique.

EDIT: According to Naruto Wiki 128 Palms is twice as fast, although I'm not sure if there's anything better from that tech. other than just more hits.

Neji Hyuga, Hyuga Clan
06-02-2010, 08:45 PM
128 palms is twice as powerful as 64 palms. That's why its 128 palms.

It's not twice as powerful. It's just 64 more hits.
Well if that was the case then what would be the point of that technique even existing? Imo it wouldn't be too much harder for Neji to just do 64 Palms twice, 128 Palms has to be superior to some extent otherwise it is a flawed, pointless technique.

EDIT: According to Naruto Wiki 128 Palms is twice as fast, although I'm not sure if there's anything better from that tech. other than just more hits.
It's twice as fast, yeah. But the speed of 64 Palms varies dramatically at times, and 128 Palms has only been showed once. Rather uncertain, actually.

The 1st Hokage
06-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Well, since I'm to lazy to read the thread and go off anyone elses posts...

Shikamaru uses shadow strangle,shadow possession, or shadow sewing to either decapitate, or make Neji incapable of moving. Shika then throws several kunai with paper bombs at neji or uses the trench knives to kill him.

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-02-2010, 09:19 PM
It's not twice as powerful. It's just 64 more hits.

It's twice as fast, yeah. But the speed of 64 Palms varies dramatically at times, and 128 Palms has only been showed once. Rather uncertain, actually.

So it basically deals more damage. Hence, being more powerful.

Care to elaborate on that?