PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 495 Discussion

Wooster
05-19-2010, 06:43 PM
It's up, so discuss.

trouble88
05-19-2010, 07:02 PM
man I think the way naruto told his dark side thank you for helping him to get where he is today was sweet. I can't wait for the next one when Naruto fight the nine tails yo

Slack 40
05-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Didn't really like chapter took me 3 minutes to read also I think Bee's gonna die soon Kisame is gonna kill him because now were really seeing what he's like and Kishi is gonna make us bond with him (sorta)

yondamaine
05-19-2010, 07:25 PM
bee is not going to die. i heard that kisame dies right before he does his all time powerful justu

makaveli575
05-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Yay, were finally getting near to the time naruto can control the nine-tails :d.

Rotate
05-19-2010, 07:31 PM
I hate how the only action in this chapter was a bad rap and a hug. I'm excited for the battle between Naruto and the Ninetails though.

NAGATO_PAIN
05-19-2010, 07:37 PM
........IT JUST CAME UP JUST NOW ON ALMOST EVERY WEBSITE JUST NOW...you put early threads so you can have alot of replies....epic fail....but either way the chapter was kool and a bit sad of evil naruto saying all those past things... i like it

zerosameri
05-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Be sure does have a mouth. *page 15 `:P:lol:

Also Naruto vs Kyuubi. I mean Naruto is going to lose, he loseds to the Kyuubi when he get's pissed.

Kyuubi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Naruto

but of corse little ol' Naruto is going to win :|

Kakashi-sama
05-19-2010, 07:52 PM
hes gonna win ofc....main character XD but oh man just another one of those transitioning chapter, nth excited, i really wonder whether the real fight b/t kyuubi and naruto would start next week

3littlepigs
05-19-2010, 07:55 PM
I actually liked this chapter if not for the "easy" way Naruto defeated "Dark" Naruto at least for the cool cliffhanger!

It was weird realizing Naruto didn't actually believe in himself before since he always seemed so confident...I actually felt bad for Dark Naruto not being able to let go of how he felt and those painful memories because he was too afraid...kind of reminds you of where Sasuke got stuck. Unlike Naruto he couldn't move on and let go of those negative feelings inside him.

It's cool Bee will finally help Naruto....I'm so curious to see how Naruto will fight the Kyuubi and I guess up to a point "tame" him :)

LOL at Yamato! He's like "Please, please don't let him rap!" lol :p

Anyway can't wait until next week!

Wooster
05-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Oh no, Naruto figured out Dark Naruto's greatest weakness...

autographs.

NOOOOOOOO!

crystalblade13
05-19-2010, 08:56 PM
in all fairness, autographs are pretty threatening.

Sasuke
05-19-2010, 09:05 PM
What I liked about this chapter that I didn't like about last week was a GOOD Cliffhanger. Last week I really didn't care about the next chapter, but I am now really excited for next weeks chapter. The chapter wasn't too bad.

HachibiXSenpai
05-19-2010, 09:17 PM
the part where dark naruto cryed was so sad!!!`~((i miss him already....)

but anyways, this chapter was COOL!!! plus naruto's bad raping was totally funny! XD!!!

Magic
05-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Decent chapter, better than most transition chapters.

I know I say this alot but... I can't wait until next chapter. :mrgreen::roll:

crystalblade13
05-19-2010, 09:23 PM
i wonder if narutos actually gonna' have a big epic fight with the 9-tails in its real form... i actually kinda think he'll fight it in the four-tails looking form, but with 9 tails. ya know, like hachibi v2. and i didnt expect bee to be with naruto while this fight goes down. whens guy gonna fight kisame? afterwards? hmmmmm. anyone have any ideas, it seems like everyones gonna' be on this island for a while (not a bad thing).

dillydally
05-19-2010, 09:40 PM
I thought Naruto's and Bee's rapping was pretty funny but besides that this chapter was pretty uneventful.

Didn't really like chapter took me 3 minutes to read also I think Bee's gonna die soon Kisame is gonna kill him because now were really seeing what he's like and Kishi is gonna make us bond with him (sorta)

That would be too sad, but you have point.

RicenChicken
05-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Its weird, i havent seen SM Naruto Vs nine tails XD

naruto_jock
05-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Who would have thought that this would happen....but would Naruto die if the nine-tails comes out of him though?.....

katsu uchiha
05-19-2010, 10:34 PM
great chapter, loved it when killer bee swore, the rap and the hug and now the long-awaited battle is coming up naruto vs,kyuubi, this is going to be interesting, yay killer bee is going to teach naruto and the things that yamato said, lolz!!

Sasori_X
05-20-2010, 12:17 AM
When people change their ways and point of views Kishi did a good job at that in Part 1 with people like Neji and Gaara. However I felt nothing that at all in Part 2. I just felt so rushed and forced upon just to get the plot moving. Yeah I like fast paced, but not when it comes down to character development.

But Killer Bee automatically makes this chapter awesome.

VillarbaDye
05-20-2010, 02:13 AM
I'm going to grow even more inpatient...I want to see how they are going to represent Naruto fighting the Kyuubi.

Wooster
05-20-2010, 04:17 AM
Decent chapter, better than most transition chapters.

I know I say this alot but... I can't wait until next chapter. :mrgreen::roll:

You said it. There was something about the Naruto and Killer Bee interaction that was endearing.;)

But yes, transition isn't bad as long as there is some excitement for the next chapter.

Magic
05-20-2010, 04:24 AM
You said it. There was something about the Naruto and Killer Bee interaction that was endearing.;)

But yes, transition isn't bad as long as there is some excitement for the next chapter.

I hate you... xD ;)

But agree with the action...

narutosoul16
05-20-2010, 07:32 AM
Who would have thought that this would happen....but would Naruto die if the nine-tails comes out of him though?.....
no if anything he'll do the same thing he did with dark naruto...he'll fight the nine tails within himself so it technically wouldnt be leaving him

Bohica
05-20-2010, 08:46 AM
I think this was a pretty good chapter and as I said Naruto defeated his dark half with compasion and acceptance. However I am with Capt. Yamato please lets not get Naruto rapping.

Emil
05-20-2010, 09:07 AM
Heh when the english episodes of naruto come out of these episodes its gonna be so funny listening to naruto rap, Im sorry but the english voices are terrible;)

Ninyn
05-20-2010, 09:18 AM
I dont think so there not that bad. The only bad voice i think is Madara's, and Sakura when she was younger.

Emil
05-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Narutos was so annoying!! lol but hey its my opinion

mrsticky005
05-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Did anyone else agree with the wise words of Captain Yamato?

Rezeon
05-20-2010, 11:13 AM
`:| Such wasted potential...

This inner-self situation had a nice build up and a decent climax, but they rushed through it a little to quickly in my opinion.

This is one of those situations where the character is supposed be confronted by his inner faults and fears, reflect on it for a while, and then after coming to terms with it learn to accept himself. They skipped over the middle step here, which really cheapens the victory.

Its difficult to care about a conflict when they skip over the part where the hero is actually struggling. Using a Killer Bee flashback shouldn't have been the end all solution to helping Naruto through his years of inner trauma. It only raises the question that if this was something that could have been overcome so quickly and easily, then why hadn't Naruto already overcome it.

I realize that most people hate the concept of recap chapters/episodes, that sum up what has happened in the series thus far, but this would have honestly been one of those times when it was appropriate.

Give it a little more build up to show all the negative aspects of Narutos life, flesh out his childhood as an outcast a little more and show how some of the villagers really looked down on him. Then slowly build up with him gaining the acceptance of his friends and the other villagers.

If you recall they did a pretty good short version of this when Ebisu was being interrogated by Pain. That version was shown from Ebisu's perspective as it built up to his defiant (and I must say utterly badass) answer to Pains question. Obviously, this version would need to be done from Naruto's perspective.

Ironically the recent chapters gave us a reason why Naruto's self doubt should still be so strong, with Sakura's recent behavior towards him. Since Naruto has been with Sakura a lot more than any of the other characters it makes sense for her to be a kind of measuring bar he would use.

It really wouldn't be difficult to portray Naruto as feeling like he hasn't made any real progress with her since their team was formed in Part 1. Part 1 Sakura really was rather hostile towards Naruto, ranging from the very begining of the series where she berated and mocked him for his loneliness, to her crawling to him to force Sasuke to stay at the end of Part 1 after he rejected her pleas to let her come with him, then we get Part 2 with what seemed to be some nice progress between the two of them up until the last arc, where Sakura seems to do a 180 with her blatant attempt at manipulating his emotions. This left plenty of reason for Naruto to feel that after everything that has happened Sakura still doesn't understand or respect him.

They could have used that as a begining obstacle for him to overcome and had him build himself back up citing all the friends he has made throughout his adventures. As appeasement towards the Naruhina fans it would have been an obvious place to have him at least acknowledge Hinata's confession even if he doesn't feel the same way about her.

*sighs*

Personally I feel this whole thing would have worked better as a subplot being touched on periodically during a larger story arc. That way they could have taken their time with it while still keeping everyone entertained with the more action oriented stuff.

But the decision to stick Naruto on a deserted island like this really forced them to do it all in one shot, and with the story working at a pretty brisk pace right now, bouncing from one fight to the next, there wasn't really alot of time to spend on inner reflection like that.

I'm not saying the way they did this was horrible, it was just to short which overall made it feel like Naruto didn't earn it.

Bohica
05-20-2010, 12:45 PM

I said I was with Yamato.`!:)No Naruto rap.

Decendent of Sasuke
05-21-2010, 06:41 AM
In my opinion, Naruto is becoming more and more like a kid's show. I mean, this whole chapter was about 'accepting yourself.' Don't get me wrong, that's a good moral, it's just it seems too much like what a child has to learn.

I am excited for the fight with Naruto and Kyuubi, though. But knowing Kishimoto, it will most likely be in a few chapters.

Naruto2921
05-21-2010, 07:02 AM

autographs.

NOOOOOOOO!

If you think that is what it was all about was autographs then yo ureally need to pay attention to what is going on. It had nothing to do with autographs it has to do with how he was treated when growing up in the village. When he was young no one wanted anything to do with him and was treated as an outkast/outsider. Then he saved the village on multiple occations and they see him as a hero now but the only thing Dark Naruto can think about is how badly he was treated gorwing up. Naruto realized that things happen in the past and that is where it needs to stay, he now has many friends in the village and is treated differently. He saw how Bee is now with his friend Motoi even after knowing he tried to assasinate him at one time in the past. Bee understands people sometimes do things because they are scared of the things that could happen not because they were scared of Bee himself.

How do you think Naruto or even Bee or any of the other Jinjuriki (sorry on spelling) would be treated if they were just regular nija?

Lady Tsunade
05-21-2010, 09:58 AM
It bored me. And whats even worse is that I have to sit through whole bunch of boring training chapters with a character I hate acting as the 'master' . We've seen so many training chapters already, I might just skip these chapters and wait until it story gets interesting again >_>

Kuroda Taishi
05-21-2010, 10:21 AM

This is an interesting theory

I dont think so there not that bad. The only bad voice i think is Madara's, and Sakura when she was younger.

Sakura has the same voice in both parts, unless you mean when she was really really young.

Yes I do

It bored me. And whats even worse is that I have to sit through whole bunch of boring training chapters with a character I hate acting as the 'master' . We've seen so many training chapters already, I might just skip these chapters and wait until it story gets interesting again >_>

Why do you hate KB?

Wooster
05-21-2010, 01:39 PM
If you think that is what it was all about was autographs then yo ureally need to pay attention to what is going on. It had nothing to do with autographs it has to do with how he was treated when growing up in the village. When he was young no one wanted anything to do with him and was treated as an outkast/outsider. Then he saved the village on multiple occations and they see him as a hero now but the only thing Dark Naruto can think about is how badly he was treated gorwing up. Naruto realized that things happen in the past and that is where it needs to stay, he now has many friends in the village and is treated differently. He saw how Bee is now with his friend Motoi even after knowing he tried to assasinate him at one time in the past. Bee understands people sometimes do things because they are scared of the things that could happen not because they were scared of Bee himself.

How do you think Naruto or even Bee or any of the other Jinjuriki (sorry on spelling) would be treated if they were just regular nija?
Nonsense. Let's go straight to the source...Dark Naruto?

AHHHHHH! Those friggin' jerks shoving autographs in my face. I'll kill them!

Well there you have it.:p

narulvr
05-21-2010, 04:34 PM
naruto huggin himself was masculent... lol

Looney-Lyra
05-21-2010, 04:49 PM
It was ok. Kind of anti-climactic with Dark-Naru if you ask me. :|

HUG MAKE EVERYTHING ALL BETTAR!!!!!!!!! xD

Hidden Ninja45
05-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Another actionless chapter, but at i'm kind of glad that this arc is going by so fast. I want to get back to the Fourth Ninja War, and hopefully back towards what Team Taka is doing. And back to Madara and Kabuto.
I want to see what happens when the world learns that some of the Akatsuki have been revived.

Phenom
05-21-2010, 05:29 PM
I think this was a pretty good chapter and as I said Naruto defeated his dark half with compasion and acceptance. However I am with Capt. Yamato please lets not get Naruto rapping.

I find it funny that Naruto is a better rapper than Bee though. It's like Naruto is Eminem and Bee is Lil Wayne. :D

Phariah824
05-22-2010, 03:49 AM
i have to agree Rezeon. but i am kinda glad they are moving it quick to get on with the story. the only thing that would have made it bearable is if they up the pages ( at least to 20 pages total)more per chapter ( last ones have been 17-18 and alot of big panels its felt like less and less of a story in a chapter recently ) and did some fill ins on other things that are goin on.

gama-sennin
05-22-2010, 03:54 AM
I think naruto will be a real cool rapper as long as he doesnt look at bee for inspiration

Ur Mom
05-22-2010, 07:29 AM
"This is my signature"
"YOU BASTARD!"

Yep.....that's pretty much all that I have to say....oh, and page 15 :)

Wooster
05-22-2010, 07:59 AM
"This is my signature"
"YOU BASTARD!"

Yep.....that's pretty much all that I have to say....oh, and page 15 :)
See finally someone gets it. The signature is deadly to Dark Naruto, after that it was all over.

cannonlover
05-22-2010, 08:10 AM
awesome chapter but it need more action in it

eagleye54321
05-22-2010, 12:44 PM

autographs.

NOOOOOOOO!
If that was a reference from Naruto the Abridged Series, then I give you kudos. `:)

I thought the chapter was interesting, but not fantastic.

Wooster
05-22-2010, 08:59 PM
If that was a reference from Naruto the Abridged Series, then I give you kudos. `:)

I thought the chapter was interesting, but not fantastic.
Let's just say it was.;)

eagleye54321
05-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Let's just say it was.;)
Ah, touche.
/gives Woosta kudos

mrsticky005
05-23-2010, 06:52 AM
Naruto: You mean you...?
Motoi: That's right. I tried to kill Killer Bee!
Naruto: Gasp!
Motoi: I know! I'm a terrible person.
Killer Bee: I don't remember anything like that. It's all good.
Motoi: It is? :D
Killer Bee: No, not really, but seriously I hate flashbacks.
Motoi: Good enough
Naruto: Inspiration! Believe it!
Dark Naruto: NOoooooooooooooooooooo! Autographs!
Naruto: I win! Believe it!

Meanwhile...

Sasuke: You mean you...?
Tenga: That's right. I tried to kill Mifune!
Sasuke: Gasp!
Tenga: I know! I'm a terrible person!
Mifune: I don't remember anything like that.
Tenga: You don't?
Mifune: No.
Tenga: Hmm. Must have been another Mifune.
Mifune: Hey! Pringles!
Sasuke: Those are mine! EMS
Tenga: Mod Power! Maximum!
Mifune: Administrative Abyss!
KABLOOIE!

Naruto: Hey guys you see that ominous explosion over by the Akatsuki hide-out?
Motoi: Oh I'm sure it's nothing to get worried about.
Killer Bee: Yeah, I'm sure you've got nothing to worry...Heads up!
*Doink*
Naruto: Um...Sasuke's head just landed right in front of me.
Motoi: I see that.
Killer Bee: Ditto.
Naruto: ...
Killer Bee: ...
Motoi: ...
Sasuke's Head: ...
Naruto/Killer Bee/ Motoi (while dancing): CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, C'MON!

brunz
05-23-2010, 07:40 AM
lol, anyway, the chap was....OK, nexts weeks looks pretty good, i like how that cavern thing behind the waterfall looks

Wooster
05-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Mrsticky what in the world are you smoking today.:lol:

HachibiXSenpai
05-23-2010, 08:58 AM
lol, anyway, the chap was....OK, nexts weeks looks pretty good, i like how that cavern thing behind the waterfall looks

atleast it was better than last weeks chapter

eagleye54321
05-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Mrsticky what in the world are you smoking today.:lol:
Do you honestly want to know that? `:shock:

Wooster
05-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Do you honestly want to know that? `:shock:
Of course. I want some.:p

eagleye54321
05-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Of course. I want some.:p
Ah, touche.
/gives more kudos `:P

mrsticky005
05-23-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm Smoking...:cool:Hot:cool:...Red Bell Peppers.

Wooster
05-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Wait...not Red Hot Chili Peppers?

mrsticky005
05-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Wait...not Red Hot Chili Peppers?

No...why would I smoke a band? That's cruel and unusual!

Silly Wooster.

eagleye54321
05-23-2010, 05:19 PM
No...why would I smoke a band? That's cruel and unusual!

Silly Wooster.
Trix are for kids. `:shock:

mrsticky005
05-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Trix are for kids. `:shock:

Imagines a poor defenseless bunny being gang-stomped by angry
little children "Hey, dumb bunny! Trix are for kids! We don't like your kind".

Hilarity.

eagleye54321
05-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Imagines a poor defenseless bunny being gang-stomped by angry
little children "Hey, dumb bunny! Trix are for kids! We don't like your kind".

Hilarity.
Or he can do this:
SVp1QpuuRSU

kfcfish
05-25-2010, 08:14 PM
i have been bored by this chapter so much

Salena
05-25-2010, 08:25 PM
i am very curious to see how this will play out..the fight.

Salena
05-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Or he can do this:
SVp1QpuuRSU
i remember that from family guy :D
YOU SHARE

mrsticky005
05-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Or he can do this:
SVp1QpuuRSU

:lol: