PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: DON'T PUT INCRIMINATING DETAILS ABOUT YOURSELF ONLINE

Naruto
04-08-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm in 6th grade but I live in Singapore.

Toma RNK
04-08-2009, 07:17 PM
NOW WHO HERE IS IN EDITED GOES TO EDITED MIDDLE SCHOOL AND IS IN *TH GRADE ? :P :!: :mrgreen:

I would like to point out to you that you have now posted almost all your personal details online.

I now know your school, city, state. I also know the guy you likes name and his girls name and their school. Because you are so young I need to make this real for you so I am going to be honest. In less than 10 minutes I could have both of these kids school schedules, where they hang out and likely their parents phone numbers and could ruin your life. I urge you in the STRONGEST terms to ask a mod to delete this post and edit your posts in the other threads.

If I was a bad person I could easily do much worse to you and your friends. I never would, but it has happened to 2 close friends of mine.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL GIVING OUT PERSONAL INFO ON THE NET.

Kisame
04-08-2009, 07:17 PM
We barely have around a 1000 members. It'd be a miracle if there were more people from your school who actually post.

Naruto
04-08-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm moving to Singapore :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

SRhyse
04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
NOW WHO HERE IS IN EDITED GOES TO EDITED MIDDLE SCHOOL AND IS IN *TH GRADE ? :P :!: :mrgreen:

I would like to point out to you that you have now posted almost all your personal details online.

I now know your school, city, state. I also know the guy you likes name and his girls name and their school. Because you are so young I need to make this real for you so I am going to be honest. In less than 10 minutes I could have both of these kids school schedules, where they hang out and likely their parents phone numbers and could ruin your life. I urge you in the STRONGEST terms to ask a mod to delete this post and edit your posts in the other threads.

If I was a bad person I could easily do much worse to you and your friends. I never would, but it has happened to 2 close friends of mine.

I'm going to have to chime in with tomarnk on this one.

You haven't done anything against the rules, so I won't step in and censor you in any way, but I STRONGLY urge you to let me take down this and your previous topic, either by letting me know in this topic, or via PM.

The chances of you being GOTTEN by people you most certainly WILL NOT LIKE are HIGH if you don't.

RazorX
04-08-2009, 07:35 PM

QFT. man, i must say tomarnk, you should be of one of the higer ranks when that system gets implemented. you're obviously must be older than the majority here; your posts are usually very insightful and mature.

you have my respect, as far as forums go haha.

Toma RNK
04-08-2009, 07:36 PM
QFT. man, i must say tomarnk, you should be of one of the higer ranks when that system gets implemented. you're obviously must be older than the majority here; your posts are usually very insightful and mature.

I am 25 so I am probably a little bit older than most.

Sarunas
04-08-2009, 07:38 PM

nah i know a lot of old people :D

RazorX
04-08-2009, 07:45 PM

oh ok tomarnk i see. and yeah id say the most of us are middle/high school kids.

DEIDARASAN
04-08-2009, 07:56 PM
ME SCARED NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Toma RNK
04-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Sorry to scare you. I don't want you to think I would ever do any of the things I mentioned but I really need to get across to you how important it is to keep you personal details to a minimum.

I realize I am a bit of a hypocrite as I have posted my state and county as well as my name in an open letter on this site, but I a a 25 year old man who is a 3rd and 2nd degree black belt in two martial arts. So I hope you understand we are in slightly different positions.

I also don't want you to think that I don't like you or that I don't want you on the forums. I just want you to be safe. As I said, some bad stuff happened to two female friends of mine and I do not want that to happen again. The chances of a bad person being here is low, but you stil shouldn't risk it if you do not have to.

SRhyse
04-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Alright folks, so we've learned something very important here today-

Posting incriminating information about yourself on the internet is scary, especially when your 12.

Let this be a lessen to us in the future, so no one else makes the same mistake.