PDA

View Full Version : Multiverse: Ichigo Vs. Eragon

Kingsnoke
05-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Kingsnoke has decided to create Battles using characters from Western Novels and Eastern Manga.
The Conditions are as follows:

Speed Equalized.
Eragon cannot Use instaKill spells, or Mind Invasion.

30 meters

Vatanui AKA Pride
05-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Eragon uses Mind Rape or Insta-Death Spell.

Ichigo's from a western novel? http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Kingsnoke
05-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Eragon uses Mind Rape or Insta-Death Spell.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Touche.

Kingsnoke adds this to the restrictions.

Wooster
01-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Eragon makes Ichigo feel the pain he has caused the entire world by being in a horrible manga.
Ichigo self destructs in a nuclear blast.

Note: This is not a mind invasion technique. :ugeek:

Rasengan SageX5
01-30-2012, 08:16 PM
The only question I have is, can Eragon's wards stand up to a Getsuga Tensho? If they can, Eragon can probably at least match if not beat Ichigo in a sword fight since the speed is equal. He always prided himself on his swordplay and Ichigo really isn't that good at swordplay. He is mainly a reactionary swordsman, he doesn't really plan out his attacks and usually counts on his brute strength and massive spritual pressure alone to win his fights.

Cult of Personality
01-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Eragon gets speedblitzed by shikai Ichigo. He's minorly superhuman at best.

Wooster
01-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Speed equalized. :p

Cult of Personality
01-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Ichigo speedblitzes anyway because Eragon is such a terrible character that his terribleness destroys the rules.

Rasengan SageX5
01-30-2012, 09:17 PM
And Ichigo is any better? He is so bland that I can't even make myself like him in the least. Eragon at least actually had some personality and a good reason to fight. Eragon was standing up for the people of a country that couldn't stand up for themselves. Ichigo was all about protecting his friends and would have moments of doubt that just made him stop fighting. Eragon never had anything like that happen to him.

zer0light
01-30-2012, 09:20 PM
speed equal? eragon life drains ichigo.

The Immortal Watch Dog
01-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Sauron comes in and kills them both

Wooster
01-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Only I can bump a thread from 18 months ago and revive a debate. :lol:

Azal
01-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Eragon makes Ichigo feel the pain he has caused the entire world by being in a horrible manga.
Ichigo self destructs in a nuclear blast.

Note: This is not a mind invasion technique. :ugeek:

Now listen here funny man
Bleach isn't THAT BAD

zer0light
01-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Now listen here funny man
Bleach isn't THAT BAD

it is. up until the end of the whole "save rukia" arc it was good, but after that it went to hell, and than after that when the damn mangaka decided to not end it, it went even deeper into hell, like "9th circle of hell" deep. still not as bad as naruto, but worse than one piece.

Wooster
01-30-2012, 10:22 PM
I wonder how many people have read Inheritance? Hope I didn't reveal a spoiler. :lol:

zer0light
01-30-2012, 10:25 PM
I wonder how many people have read Inheritance? Hope I didn't reveal a spoiler. :lol:

i have, just not the latest book, i have it but not the time to actually read it.
and if they didn't want to be spoiled, they shouldn't have come to this thread.

The Immortal Watch Dog
01-30-2012, 10:26 PM

this is teen board I'm sure paolini has lots of defenders.

he really is a mediocre writer..he reminds me a bit of Jeph Leob before his son died and took the poor guys talent with him

Wooster
01-30-2012, 10:29 PM
i have, just not the latest book, i have it but not the time to actually read it.
and if they didn't want to be spoiled, they shouldn't have come to this thread.There is probably no way to know it is a spoiler until after you read it. :lol:

this is teen board I'm sure paolini has lots of defenders.

he really is a mediocre writer..he reminds me a bit of Jeph Leob before his son died and took the poor guys talent with him
His first book was impressive given his age. The next two were horrible.

The last is actually decent; it is not one Fantasy/Sci-Fi cliche after another. I feel the same about it as Harry Potter, nice to read through once, but I have no desire to read it again. And I read many books over and over again.

Rasengan SageX5
01-30-2012, 10:57 PM
I liked the last book, but was a little annoyed that there was a 100 page wrap up to the story. It kind of made the story drag on a bit. About 20 pages I could have understood, but 100 pages after the villain is defeated? That's a bit ridiculous.

The Immortal Watch Dog
01-30-2012, 11:34 PM
His first book was impressive given his age. The next two were horrible.

because he grew up..you held him to the standards you would hold any over 18 pro writer as opposed to a child

Paolini matured..his writing style didn't

The last is actually decent; it is not one Fantasy/Sci-Fi cliche after another. I feel the same about it as Harry Potter, nice to read through once, but I have no desire to read it again. And I read many books over and over again.

the Deus Ex machina in HP at the end was what turned me off it

I tend to reread Conan and Kull stories every year

megabbaut
01-31-2012, 03:38 AM
OMG I just read about Eragon weeks ago.

Ichigo use a Getsuga Tensho and kills him as if he were a hollow.

Lemonadez
01-31-2012, 03:59 AM
I just saw the movie Eragon... where Eragon got owned by Old Man.
http://youtu.be/TKtpFG9eBV8 <- Don't see any of Swordman ship would destroy Ichigo.

Ichigo got his first power (without training) he already been slicing buildings.... Where Eragon sword couldn't cut a concrete -.-

tsuki
01-31-2012, 06:52 AM
I liked the last book, but was a little annoyed that there was a 100 page wrap up to the story. It kind of made the story drag on a bit. About 20 pages I could have understood, but 100 pages after the villain is defeated? That's a bit ridiculous.

Plus it didn't leave you felling at all satisfied. I mean Saphria gets to do the nasty but Eragon doesn't even get a kiss? Totally lame. Kinda ruined the whole series.

Wooster
01-31-2012, 07:45 AM
because he grew up..you held him to the standards you would hold any over 18 pro writer as opposed to a child

Paolini matured..his writing style didn't

the Deus Ex machina in HP at the end was what turned me off it

I tend to reread Conan and Kull stories every yearPretty much.
I disagree a little bit after reading the last book.

I didn't really care. It was Harry Potter. :lol:

I reread Martin's Song of Fire and Ice over and over, heck now there is people to talk to about it after it has gone to TV. :lol:
But I am crazy enoughto have even reread War and Peace, that's a slog. Fortunately, I won't reread Bleak House only book more dense that W&P.

OMG I just read about Eragon weeks ago.

Ichigo use a Getsuga Tensho and kills him as if he were a hollow.
BG defaults is latest incarnation. Ergaon at the end of Inheritance could kill that Eragon in a millisecond, with his pinky.
Plus it didn't leave you felling at all satisfied. I mean Saphria gets to do the nasty but Eragon doesn't even get a kiss? Totally lame. Kinda ruined the whole series.
Actually, I liked that. No stupid obligatory romance. Not even Murtagh hooked up. :lol: Eragon's cousin and other vilalgers are the only ones that gets lucky. Heehee

Cult of Personality
01-31-2012, 08:56 AM
On the subject of SUCKlini's age, it is commonly believed that he was 15 when he wrote Eragon. This is not true. He was 19 if memory serves.

And Ichigo is any better? He is so bland that I can't even make myself like him in the least.
Better bland than terrible.

Ichigo was all about protecting his friends and would have moments of doubt that just made him stop fighting.

So he's human. +1 for Ichigo.

Eragon never had anything like that happen to him.Because he's an unlikeable Gary Stu. +1 for Ichigo.

Wooster
01-31-2012, 09:10 AM
On the subject of SUCKlini's age, it is commonly believed that he was 15 when he wrote Eragon. This is not true. He was 19 if memory serves.

Better bland than terrible.

So he's human. +1 for Ichigo.

Because he's an unlikeable Gary Stu. +1 for Ichigo.

I think he started writing it at 15, and it was published when he was 19? I think he wrote most of the first book well before it was published.

Cult of Personality
01-31-2012, 09:11 AM
If by started writing you mean started copying down Star Wars and changing names.

Wooster
01-31-2012, 09:15 AM
Never really understood the Star Wars comparison myself. Much more a rip off of Tolkein. The races are almost exactly the same as Middle Earth.

Cult of Personality
01-31-2012, 09:16 AM
The setting is Tolkien, the storyline(such as it may be) is Star Wars.

http://impishidea.com/criticism/26/eragon-eldest-a-star-wars-plot-recap

Wooster
01-31-2012, 09:31 AM
Isn't Star Wars Tolkien? `:P

But Star Wars is all standard archetypes. To say somethig is Star Wars is just to say that.

Cult of Personality
01-31-2012, 09:40 AM
True, but there's a difference between using the same archetypes as Star Wars and using Star Wars.

Eragon is that difference.

Devils Lawyer
01-31-2012, 11:02 AM
Everyone copies everyone. Naruto,Bleach, and One piece use the same story progression. Just a different story. Some are more obvious than others. You either like the formula or don't.

Cult of Personality
01-31-2012, 11:06 AM
You might think I hadn't thought of that but alas:

True, but there's a difference between using the same archetypes as Star Wars and using Star Wars.

Eragon is that difference.

Do they follow the same archetypical plot? Yes. Everything does. It's called the Monomyth for a reason.

Does that mean that Eragon isn't a rip-off of Star Wars? No.

The Matrix (for instance) follows the same plotline but is totally different from Star Wars.

Devils Lawyer
01-31-2012, 01:26 PM
It wasn't.Exactly a rip-off. If it was it is rip-off of several books. It took a lot of core elements from star wars in the first book Yeah. But it was still to different to say it was direct rip-off. Matrix itself was a rip-off of several fictional works. Ghost in the shell highly on the top of the list.

Cult of Personality
01-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Never said Matrix was original, just that it was different from Star Wars.

tsuki
01-31-2012, 01:36 PM
Actually, I liked that. No stupid obligatory romance.

Yeah, but then what was the whole purpose of setting it up for the first 3 books? Major Troll.

Yuuki Hime
01-31-2012, 01:49 PM
Would you jerks stop bashing Paolini? Really that's really not what this thread is for and some people happen to love his wrighting. -__-#

Rasengan SageX5
01-31-2012, 01:52 PM
http://youtu.be/TKtpFG9eBV8 <- Don't see any of Swordman ship would destroy Ichigo.

Ichigo got his first power (without training) he already been slicing buildings.... Where Eragon sword couldn't cut a concrete -.-

Read the books, he gets much better at swordplay. He actually prefers to use his sword to his magic most of the time because he is that good and he is so much stronger than normal people that he can cut them down in one move and it lets him save up his magic for when he really needs it.

Rasengan SageX5
01-31-2012, 01:56 PM

I know! That was a little ridiculous wasn't it? Saphira knows that dragon for less than a week and they did it and Eragon had know Arya for how long and didn't get anything? There was no satisfying closure.

Cult of Personality
01-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Would you jerks stop bashing Paolini?

No

some people happen to love his wrighting. -__-#

happen to love his wrighting

love his wrighting

wrighting

I think this speaks for itself.

Yuuki Hime
01-31-2012, 04:33 PM
-.- so I was typing fast and angrily and I made a mistake, big deal. It proves I'm human. And your a real jerk. I'd call you other things but I don't want to get into trouble.

Noctis Arashi
01-31-2012, 04:38 PM
I would suggest you people get on topic with the debate, before you get in trouble anyway. Just sayin. :P

The Immortal Watch Dog
01-31-2012, 05:55 PM
I think he started writing it at 15, and it was published when he was 19? I think he wrote most of the first book well before it was published.

he started at 13 auto published when he was eighteen or so..but iirc he completed the book years before

this is made painfully obvious by Aryas debating that Dwarf about god getting brutally crushed in said debate then making an agree to disagree comment and leaving all morally superior

and by morally superior I mean so in the mind of a child upset that he lost one too many arguments about such topics with a grown up and is writing it..as he would argue it with his views

of course any one with a brain cell reading that scene disagreed with the written outcome vehemently

Never really understood the Star Wars comparison myself. Much more a rip off of Tolkein. The races are almost exactly the same as Middle Earth.

The Elves went from a stand in for unfallen man to Atheist straw men

Isn't Star Wars Tolkien? `:P

But Star Wars is all standard archetypes. To say somethig is Star Wars is just to say that.

Actually star wars is more..a mix of Flash Gordon Frank Herberts Dune and movies directed by Akira Kurosowa (Toshiro mifune was supposed to be Obi-wan)
Yeah, but then what was the whole purpose of setting it up for the first 3 books? Major Troll.

Because he apparently reads his internet critics and get's very frustrated..and tried to be "clever"

I mean he doesn't baww as much as meyer does but

Would you jerks stop bashing Paolini?

why? they have every right to call him out on the hack that he is..

and some people happen to love his wrighting. -__-#

Those same people probably like Masashi Kishimoto, Joseph Leob and Stephenie Meyer

basically..those same people who like Paolini obviously are not likely to have an extensive palate with quality tastes and thus likely aren't qualified to have an opinion on the matter :lol:

shinigan no sora
02-04-2012, 02:41 AM
with speed equal eragon does have a much better chance of winning

it also depends on if eragon can utilise saphira

waterluffyG2
02-08-2012, 01:46 PM
The only question I have is, can Eragon's wards stand up to a Getsuga Tensho? If they can, Eragon can probably at least match if not beat Ichigo in a sword fight since the speed is equal. He always prided himself on his swordplay and Ichigo really isn't that good at swordplay. He is mainly a reactionary swordsman, he doesn't really plan out his attacks and usually counts on his brute strength and massive spritual pressure alone to win his fights.
No. It was actually stated a buildingbuster can destroy his wards.
Ichigo speedblitzes anyway because Eragon is such a terrible character that his terribleness destroys the rules. And Ichigo is different how?

The movie is not canon, age means nothing, and he cut steel later. But that doesn't mean he can win.
Would you jerks stop bashing Paolini? Really that's really not what this thread is for and some people happen to love his wrighting. -__-#
I like the inheritance series but I don't care if people bash it and expect other people to feel the same.
with speed equal eragon does have a much better chance of winning

it also depends on if eragon can utilise saphira
No it doesn't. Ichigo can tank anything the dragon can dish out. The nuke attack may hurt him, but that would be suicide for Eragon.

tsuki
02-08-2012, 02:01 PM

I'm not bashing him. He is a good writer, he just isn't a good Author. The difference being that he doesn't know how to do a good job of completing the story.

Actually a lot of new books I have read lately have had the same problem.

Cult of Personality
02-08-2012, 02:26 PM
And Ichigo is different how?

Ichigo doesn't have enough depth to be a terrible character. He's bland. Unfaceted. And that is why he is superior to Eragon.

Look at it this way. Eragon is -1 while Ichigo is 0 and an actually interesting character is +1.

megabbaut
02-08-2012, 02:35 PM
I like how most of this thread is off-topic and talking about writers.

What does Eragon have against a Getsuga Tensho?

TobiramaSenju307
02-09-2012, 12:07 AM
eragons nigh reality warper at the end because he knows the name of the magical language. meaning he can do pretty much anything with it. as we know he has kill spells, healing spells, armour spells (to deflect any attack), mindrape spells, flamesword, a spell that makes someone feel all the pain theyve caused over time. so everyone ichigos hurt, can be used against him.

Otocon
02-09-2012, 03:42 AM
Ichigo all the way

Noctis Arashi
02-09-2012, 05:23 AM
"a spell that makes someone feel all the pain they've caused over time."

Ichigo instantly dies.

waterluffyG2
02-09-2012, 06:07 AM
I'm not bashing him. He is a good writer, he just isn't a good Author. The difference being that he doesn't know how to do a good job of completing the story.

Actually a lot of new books I have read lately have had the same problem.In all his books really, he never had very much structure. He just ends it randomly in no paticular place. I expected the last book to be different. It wasn't. (Although it looks like it may not be the last book after all.)
Ichigo doesn't have enough depth to be a terrible character. He's bland. Unfaceted. And that is why he is superior to Eragon.

Look at it this way. Eragon is -1 while Ichigo is 0 and an actually interesting character is +1. Eragon doesn't really have much depth either. For some reason, some authors forget to give the main character depth. Paloni is one of those authors. Kubo isn't, however. He didn't give any of his characters depth, so couldn't have forgot.
eragons nigh reality warper at the end because he knows the name of the magical language. meaning he can do pretty much anything with it. as we know he has kill spells, healing spells, armour spells (to deflect any attack), mindrape spells, flamesword, a spell that makes someone feel all the pain theyve caused over time. so everyone ichigos hurt, can be used against him.Kill spells work by severing connections in the brain. Ichigo's brain cells>eragons spells. I think Ichigo has shown a certain resistance to mindrape. The spell that makes people feel all their pain he needed the help of a many, many dragon hearts to make. He won't have that help in this situation.

Cult of Personality
02-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Doesn't have much =/= doesn't have any. And that's why Eragon is a terrible character.

Devils Lawyer
02-09-2012, 11:41 AM
With speed equal ergaon kills him with a word. Matter of fact he doesn't even need words anymore. As for his character Cult I have seen worse a lot worse. Spiderman has been brought to that level many times over.

waterluffyG2
02-09-2012, 12:21 PM
With speed equal ergaon kills him with a word. Matter of fact he doesn't even need words anymore. As for his character Cult I have seen worse a lot worse. Spiderman has been brought to that level many times over.

As I said, kill spells depend on physical severing of nerves/ key blood vessels, which Ichigo can tank.

Devils Lawyer
02-09-2012, 12:40 PM
As I said, kill spells depend on physical severing of nerves/ key blood vessels, which Ichigo can tank.

Says who Ichigo can still get set on fire. Still get mind raped. still get his life drained. Still all around sliced up. Magic=Reiatsu in scenarios like this.

waterluffyG2
02-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Says who Ichigo can still get set on fire. Still get mind raped. still get his life drained. Still all around sliced up. Magic=Reiatsu in scenarios like this.
Ichigo cannot be set on fire. He has tanked many things many times more destructive than bristingr's fire, and slicing power. This may be a different story with tinkledeath, but ichigo can dodge and eragon doesn't have Tinkledeath (why did I just say it then? I have no idea.)
Aizen's illusions>Eragon's mindrape.
Energy drainage is an interesting one, but I think Ichigo has tanked something similar before. I can't remember. But he can't absorb that much energy anyway. His crystal belt will explode with too much power. That ring was only a one-shot buildingbuster and that was full to the max. Ichigo can use at least town-level attacks much more than one.
Equivilance makes no difference. Eragon gets blown out of the water.

Devils Lawyer
02-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Ichigo cannot be set on fire. He has tanked many things many times more destructive than bristingr's fire, and slicing power. This may be a different story with tinkledeath, but ichigo can dodge and eragon doesn't have Tinkledeath (why did I just say it then? I have no idea.)
Aizen's illusions>Eragon's mindrape.
Energy drainage is an interesting one, but I think Ichigo has tanked something similar before. I can't remember. But he can't absorb that much energy anyway. His crystal belt will explode with too much power. That ring was only a one-shot buildingbuster and that was full to the max. Ichigo can use at least town-level attacks much more than one.
Equivilance makes no difference. Eragon gets blown out of the water.

Aizen didn't mind rape him lets start off there. He just cast an illusion on him. That is an illusion not mind rape. Mind rape is breaking someone mind down completely. Which is something Eragon can do.

Next the energy drain which is life force being drained he can't stop it. Put chapter and page on the table to claim otherwise.

The fire I will let go mainly because I don't really feel like debating it. But alas he can still gets executed in the end. He can't beat Eragon who's powers were borderline reality bending at the end of his series.

waterluffyG2
02-10-2012, 03:48 AM
Aizen didn't mind rape him lets start off there. He just cast an illusion on him. That is an illusion not mind rape. Mind rape is breaking someone mind down completely. Which is something Eragon can do.

Next the energy drain which is life force being drained he can't stop it. Put chapter and page on the table to claim otherwise.

The fire I will let go mainly because I don't really feel like debating it. But alas he can still gets executed in the end. He can't beat Eragon who's powers were borderline reality bending at the end of his series.

I think it was stated that the ring was full of energy at the time, so that is the maximum amount of energy that can be stored per unit mass of crystal. Plus there is good old no-limits fallacy.
Ichigo has much, much more energy than that. Although Aizen didn't mind attack him, he shows Ichigo has the necessary mental resistance to resist eragon. Also, in eragon, you can block mind attacks by clearing your head. Which Ichigo can do. And if eragon tries to venture into ichigo's head, he'll have Hollow ichigo and Zangetsu to worry about.
How can he get executed when Eragon doesn't have to power to penetrate Ichigo's skin?
And this is all assuming Ichigo doesn't just cut Eragon in half while he is trying all this.

Devils Lawyer
02-10-2012, 04:31 AM
I think it was stated that the ring was full of energy at the time, so that is the maximum amount of energy that can be stored per unit mass of crystal. Plus there is good old no-limits fallacy.
Ichigo has much, much more energy than that. Although Aizen didn't mind attack him, he shows Ichigo has the necessary mental resistance to resist eragon. Also, in eragon, you can block mind attacks by clearing your head. Which Ichigo can do. And if eragon tries to venture into ichigo's head, he'll have Hollow ichigo and Zangetsu to worry about.
How can he get executed when Eragon doesn't have to power to penetrate Ichigo's skin?
And this is all assuming Ichigo doesn't just cut Eragon in half while he is trying all this.

He doesn't need the ring anymore. At the end of the series he could freely manipulate magic with no tax on his stamina. Meaning he doesn't get tired from it's use. No limits fallacy would mean Eragon can't manipulate or alter a physical being. Something as simple as making him blind and taking away his hearing for instance is easily in his abilities. Also no Ichigo can't survive a mind rape. He didn't even take Aizen's attack. Chapter and page of him doing so.

Noctis Arashi
02-10-2012, 04:52 AM
Tell me how ichigo is going to tank himself suddenly being put under all the pain he's caused in his lifetime.

Yup, didn't think so.

waterluffyG2
02-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Tell me how ichigo is going to tank himself suddenly being put under all the pain he's caused in his lifetime.

Yup, didn't think so.

Eragon can't even do that spell without the help of a hundred dragons, so I don't even need to.

waterluffyG2
02-10-2012, 07:50 AM
He doesn't need the ring anymore. At the end of the series he could freely manipulate magic with no tax on his stamina. Meaning he doesn't get tired from it's use. No limits fallacy would mean Eragon can't manipulate or alter a physical being. Something as simple as making him blind and taking away his hearing for instance is easily in his abilities. Also no Ichigo can't survive a mind rape. He didn't even take Aizen's attack. Chapter and page of him doing so.

Oops you're right he didn't. I must have misread it the first time.
BTW what happened to the energy conservation rule? Thrown out of the window? I saw it being broken a few time but mainly it holds, so spells should sap his stamina. Are you taking about when he has the help of 100 dragons to boost his energy?

Wooster
02-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Eragon can't even do that spell without the help of a hundred dragons, so I don't even need to.
Not true. Eragon started that "attack" all by himself.

Are you saying Ichigo's mind is anywhere as strong as Galbotroix?

waterluffyG2
02-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Not true. Eragon started that "attack" all by himself.

Are you saying Ichigo's mind is anywhere as strong as Galbotroix?

He started it, but he needed the help of all the dragons to make it work. If he didn't I agree, Eragon wins.

Wooster
02-10-2012, 08:29 AM
To make it work agaisnt Galbotroix with his massive mind defensives. He was already hurt by just what Eragon did; the dragons just finished the job. I think it is safe to say that, Eragon could handle Ichigo's mind by himself.

waterluffyG2
02-10-2012, 10:09 AM
To make it work agaisnt Galbotroix with his massive mind defensives. He was already hurt by just what Eragon did; the dragons just finished the job. I think it is safe to say that, Eragon could handle Ichigo's mind by himself.

Fair enough. Eragon wins.