PDA

View Full Version : Kishi's lack of fashion

Akira Of Shiseiten
05-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Why does he only give the important character a change of clothes? Seriously all the fodder character wear the same flak jacket and even the same inner clothe. Is he too lazy or something?

crystalblade13
05-08-2010, 11:54 AM
no, it's the leaf ninja's jonin/chunin clothes. once your high up in rank, the leaf village likely prefers that you wear it to show your alliance to konoha. also, the clothes themselves have lots of carrying space for weapons. think of it like the u.s's official military camo.its supposed to be the same. if you didnt have specific clothes than in wars you may attack your own allies.

Akira Of Shiseiten
05-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Then why doesn't the Chuunin of Konoha 12 like Hyuuga Neji and Haruno Sakura etc. wear them?

Ellie
05-08-2010, 12:04 PM
I dont think that their clothes are that bad, i think some look cool like killer bees ,narutos,anbu's looks cool,anko's FTW,ino's,tsunde's,kakashi's, kurenai's and gai's- i would wear that anytime lol jk ^_^

crystalblade13
05-08-2010, 12:05 PM
because their previous genin clothes were unique and kishi didnt want to change distinguished clothes to much. shikamaru has adopted the clothes because he seems to be an important asset to the leafs military.

Akira Of Shiseiten
05-08-2010, 12:10 PM
I thought it was a military uniform, they should wear it as they are Chuunins.

crystalblade13
05-08-2010, 12:18 PM
your correct in that sense, but theres this thing called “making the fans happy” that kishi most likey pays some attention to. if he replaced all of the konaha 12's clothes with the generic military uniform, fans would likely rage about how their characters “dont look as cool or unique as before” would you be happy if you saw kiba or someone else with previously unique clothes wearing the konaha uniform in part 2?

Akira Of Shiseiten
05-08-2010, 12:31 PM
We wouldn't really care would we? He only appeared in like 5 panels.

mrsticky005
05-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Why does he only give the important character a change of clothes? Seriously all the fodder character wear the same flak jacket and even the same inner clothe. Is he too lazy or something?

You answered your own question.

Seriously though, try drawing a comic book yourself and you'll see how much it's a pain in the neck to try and switch clothes and make it all look good.
Kishimoto uses the same clothes because it's just easier that way.

Akira Of Shiseiten
05-08-2010, 12:40 PM
But Oda designed different clothe for every character, even fodder ones.

I guess that's one of the million things that makes Eiichiro Oda a better mangaka than Masashi Kishimoto.

Sasori_X
05-08-2010, 12:40 PM

Seriously though, try drawing a comic book yourself and you'll see how much it's a pain in the neck to try and switch clothes and make it all look good.

Exactly, unless this was a monthly manga series, he literally does not have the time to think of new costumes for the other "fodder" characters. Personally, he should concentrate more on the story rather than the art style. Though the only thing I like about his art style is that he draws background, compare to many other Mangaka's I see who just use plain white backgrounds (Kubo anyone?).

Sasori_X
05-08-2010, 12:42 PM

I guess that's one of the million things that makes Eiichiro Oda a better mangaka than Masashi Kishimoto.

Simply because Oda is far superior to Kishi. Heck Kishi admitted himself he was a fan of One Piece. That already says a lot.

crystalblade13
05-08-2010, 12:42 PM
if this was actually supposed to be a conversation shiseiten, i'd post more reasons why the characters look how they do, but since your just gonna disagree or bash kishi after every reason i give, it's pointless.

Ellie
05-08-2010, 12:44 PM

lol yeah i agree except for lazy part because imagine trying to change each characters clothes every episode/manga it would be a pain and anyways like iv said before the clothes look fine too me, and if they all did wear the same chunin clothes that would be kinda boring because it wouldnt make them stand out and be unique like they are now.
ps- i dont think that oda is far superior to Kish

crystalblade13
05-08-2010, 12:50 PM
nah, one piece is over-rated. i much prefer naruto.

Ellie
05-08-2010, 12:53 PM

yeah i totallly agree :D

mrsticky005
05-08-2010, 01:05 PM

Even if Oda is a lot better than Kishimoto that doesn't make Kishimoto
a bad mangaka. Oda is just that good of a mangaka.

It's like saying everyone who isn't Babe Ruth sucks at baseball.

zerosameri
05-08-2010, 01:14 PM

But you forgot Sasuke gets a new outfite almost every new arc.

Edit: This should be in charater talk

Akira Of Shiseiten
05-08-2010, 01:16 PM

yeah i totallly agree :D

Read One Piece before saying stuff like this.

One Piece is ranked higher than Naruto in every ranking site, like Anime News Network and MyAnimeList.

Also it sold more than Naruto and Bleach COMBINED.

321zigzag1
Welcome to the world of shonen and cartoons and comics.

Where many people wear the same thing everyay.

Thank you and good day.

Sasori_X
But you forgot Sasuke gets a new outfite almost every new arc.
This is also considering he gets new sharingan upgrades and power-up every arc as well.

Akira Of Shiseiten
05-08-2010, 01:18 PM

Thank you and good day.

Thank you good sir. :ugeek:

Sasori_X
05-08-2010, 01:18 PM

One Piece is ranked higher than Naruto in every ranking site, like Anime News Network and MyAnimeList.

You can't argue much on opinions. They have every right to one. And they do have a point, One Piece is also pretty overrated. But the same can be said about Naruto and Bleach as well (especially Bleach).

321zigzag1
05-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Naruto reached over million copies recently. :ugeek:

Akira Of Shiseiten
05-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Because of the almighty Raikage and Kirabi. :ugeek:

321zigzag1
05-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Those two should kill Sasuke and Yami Naruto should be the new main characters. :ugeek:

Sasori_X
05-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Those two should kill Sasuke and Yami Naruto should be the new main characters. :ugeek:

Impossible, cause Sasuke is going to be save by (yet) another plot device.:ugeek:

321zigzag1
05-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Impossible, cause Sasuke is going to be save by (yet) another plot device.:ugeek:

Sasuke is the bane of existence.

His too many savings of plot is proof. http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/radioheadlj9.png

Ellie
05-08-2010, 01:34 PM

actually i did read one piece but it wasnt my cup of tea and btw not everyone likes the same thing its just my opinion..

Akira Of Shiseiten
05-08-2010, 01:36 PM
actually i did read one piece but it wasnt my cup of tea and btw not everyone likes the same thing its just my opinion..

So you read the latest chapter?

Sasori_X
05-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Sasuke is the bane of existence.

His too many savings of plot is proof. http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/radioheadlj9.png

Plot Twist!:

Saucegay is the 10 tails `:shock:

Ellie
05-08-2010, 01:44 PM
So you read the latest chapter?

acutally yeah i did because my brother likes it and he used my computer i think it was 538 or 9 cant remember which one and its just not my thing, im not saying its everyones just not my thing ^_^ ..

Akira Of Shiseiten
05-08-2010, 01:49 PM
acutally yeah i did because my brother likes it and he used my computer i think it was 538 or 9 cant remember which one and its just not my thing, im not saying its everyones just not my thing ^_^ ..

Dude its 583...

zerosameri
05-08-2010, 01:51 PM
This is also considering he gets new sharingan upgrades and power-up every arc as well.Sasuke is an execption to everything :| I mean really. :lol:

Ellie
05-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Dude its 583...
oh yeah lol ^_^

Akira Of Shiseiten
05-08-2010, 01:56 PM
oh yeah lol ^_^

So you don't read it, why did you lie and say you read it?

Ellie
05-08-2010, 01:59 PM
So you don't read it, why did you lie and say you read it?

actually i have read it and why would i lie just cause i got the numbers wrong doesnt mean i havent read it, i must have mis heared my bro when i asked him...

Vatanui AKA Pride
05-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Opposite for me, especially on these Forums.

Thank you and good day.
Excluding Goda.http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/2z7exox.png

But seriously, Nami's been wearing a lot of different outfits since the Arabasta Arc.

actually i have read it and why would i lie just cause i got the numbers wrong doesnt mean i havent read it, i must have mis heared my bro when i asked him...
So what's it about?

Plot Twist!:

Saucegay is the 10 tails `:shock:
You mean 11 Tails. ;)

Kuroda Taishi
05-08-2010, 08:44 PM

It is called a personal opinoin. They don't care what ANN or MAL rank it.

Vatanui AKA Pride
05-08-2010, 09:29 PM
It is called a personal opinoin. They don't care what ANN or MAL rank it.
I thought ANN and MAL's ranking is based overall popular opinion? http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Sasori_X
05-09-2010, 03:04 PM
I thought ANN and MAL's ranking is based overall popular opinion? http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Since when? I don't normally visit these sites regularly however so I probably don't know what I'm talking about. But when I entered them I did not see anything that One Piece being #1 or any of that sort.

You mean 11 Tails. ;)
Yeah, the sage dude sealed him in the....... SUN!!!

Akira Of Shiseiten
05-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Since when? I don't normally visit these sites regularly however so I probably don't know what I'm talking about. But when I entered them I did not see anything that One Piece being #1 or any of that sort.

They base on the score 1 - 10 that people give the series, One Piece's ranking was #7 on Mal, Naruto's ranking was #370 and #1 is Berserk.

http://myanimelist.net/topmanga.php
http://myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?type=&limit=360

Vatanui AKA Pride
05-09-2010, 03:10 PM

Yeah, the sage dude sealed him in the....... SUN!!!

Just because One Piece can be top place in other manga sites doesn't mean it's automatically on top place in every other site. MAL has more manga, and more of their readers just don't read shonen manga. For example, Berserk is on the top, with One Piece in 7th, and Bleach on 236th.

You mean Mars. :LOS

Sasori_X
05-09-2010, 03:17 PM
They base on the score 1 - 10 that people give the series, One Piece's ranking was #7 on Mal, Naruto's ranking was #370 and #1 is Berserk.

http://myanimelist.net/topmanga.php
http://myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?type=&limit=360

Berserk is just... awesome, I never expect so many people to like it. Thanks for the help anyways.

Just because One Piece can be top place in other manga sites doesn't mean it's automatically on top place in every other site. MAL has more manga, and more of their readers just don't read shonen manga. For example, Berserk is on the top, with One Piece in 7th, and Bleach on 236th.

You mean Mars. :LOS

I know that One Piece can't be #1 in every place, it was just how you guys posted made it look so much better that I assumed it would be on the #1 list (btw I like One Piece more than Naruto or Bleach anyday). Again, my bad for assuming.

It can't be Mars, ninjas aren't that smart with Astronomy.

Akira Of Shiseiten
05-09-2010, 03:21 PM
How can anyone not like Berserk? If you don't like the manga then you seriously have no taste AKA 90% of this forum, they prefer Naruto over Berserk. http://i34.tinypic.com/2lu6o2w.jpg

Hidden in the Ether
05-09-2010, 06:38 PM

*sigh* here we go again..

one piece sells more than naruto. doesnt mean its better.

justin bieber sold more than ac/dc last week. in your world that means justin bieber is better right? so you'll go out and listen to his music just like everyone else? lol im glad we are not the same

byakuganmaster3695
05-09-2010, 07:29 PM
i dont think its really that important and it would take a lot of time to write the naruto manga if he changed clothes every time he wrote so its much easier to keep the same clothes

J-JON
05-09-2010, 07:38 PM
yea i thinks its a waste of time to but its w.e cuz some characters would look a lot better wit different outfits

Vatanui AKA Pride
05-09-2010, 09:49 PM
How can anyone not like Berserk? If you don't like the manga then you seriously have no taste AKA 90% of this forum, they prefer Naruto over Berserk. http://i34.tinypic.com/2lu6o2w.jpg

They also prefer Bleach over One Piece. http://i34.tinypic.com/2lu6o2w.jpg
They also don't know much about Gundam, GTO, or JJBA. http://i34.tinypic.com/2lu6o2w.jpg

I know, right? http://i34.tinypic.com/2lu6o2w.jpg
Berserk is just... awesome, I never expect so many people to like it. Thanks for the help anyways.

I know that One Piece can't be #1 in every place, it was just how you guys posted made it look so much better that I assumed it would be on the #1 list (btw I like One Piece more than Naruto or Bleach anyday). Again, my bad for assuming.

It can't be Mars, ninjas aren't that smart with Astronomy.

But to the ninjas, the Sun IS Mars. :LOS

Phariah824
05-10-2010, 01:18 AM
the Ninja wear the uniform of the village yet they have some individual quirks of clothing choice like bandanas, sunglasses, differing types of masks, hats, cloaks. also Choji's and Shino's families wear clothing that seems to be based on their own clans. i dont see a problem with that at all.

also Naruto's generation wear thier own style pretty much as individuals. just like in real life how sometimes a new generation will change clothing styles. and its said constantly how each generation will be surpassed by a new one. the fact that they wear their own style seems to mean that this generation is gonna bring about a change.

the fact that characters dont change clothes every chapter is nothing new many many comics, manga do the same thing.

jukeboxed
05-10-2010, 04:18 PM
They wear the same thing because they're too busy kicking butt. They can't go out and buy a whole new wardrobe. :)

ByakuganAlex
05-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Neji is wearing Hyuga robes Sakura idk

Tourune
05-12-2010, 07:04 PM
True and what about Zabuza's first outfight

Vatanui AKA Pride
05-12-2010, 07:27 PM
the Ninja wear the uniform of the village yet they have some individual quirks of clothing choice like bandanas, sunglasses, differing types of masks, hats, cloaks. also Choji's and Shino's families wear clothing that seems to be based on their own clans. i dont see a problem with that at all.

also Naruto's generation wear thier own style pretty much as individuals. just like in real life how sometimes a new generation will change clothing styles. and its said constantly how each generation will be surpassed by a new one. the fact that they wear their own style seems to mean that this generation is gonna bring about a change.

the fact that characters dont change clothes every chapter is nothing new many many comics, manga do the same thing.

One Piece doesn't. http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Shika-fiend
05-12-2010, 08:17 PM
One Piece doesn't. http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Then I guess Naruto doesn't have a reason to not change clothes.

InnerSakura
05-17-2010, 08:00 AM
I personally think that Kishi did a good job with the new character designs. Those very few characters who actually have chunin vests on doesnt bother me at all. It doesnt mean that kishi doesnt have fashion.

Reala
05-17-2010, 09:46 AM
The other ninja don't have their own style of clothing because A: it'd be a pain to draw weekly and B: their character isn't important enough to warrant their own style of clothing.

The Konoha 11 wear their own kind of clothing because it reflects their personality and because they're the main cast.