PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: A Rule That May Save Us All

Cade
06-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Before I joined this site,I've been browsing on other forums.Sometimes I try posting hello,but they won't let me.That's because the have something called the 15 character rule.The 15 character rule will stop you from posting messages like hello or bye.If this rule can be in effect,maybe we'll all get our post back,and we'll be saved.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm fairly certain this rule is already in place, but I'm not sure about the specific limit.

I doubt this would get the posts back anyway. It wouldn't change the fact that it's all spam and people could just say Hellooooooooooooooo.

10-tailedfox
06-11-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm fairly certain this rule is already in place, but I'm not sure about the specific limit.

I doubt this would get the posts back anyway. It wouldn't change the fact that it's all spam and people could just say Hellooooooooooooooo.
lol yeah they could do that and look like morons:shock::cool:

DragonAngel
06-11-2009, 10:40 AM

I agree with you id rather earn my Rank by meaningful post rather than spamming my way up

Cade
06-11-2009, 10:41 AM

That's the point they will look like morons,and everybody will be like:|

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-11-2009, 10:43 AM
So, you propose they spam and look like idiots and this will get their posts back? I don't see where you're going with this. =S

deidara330
06-11-2009, 10:44 AM
the charcter limit is five. You CANNOT post less than that.

Cade
06-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Yes they should lengthen it.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-11-2009, 10:47 AM
I don't see why it matters that much..people who spam already will just put more spam in their posts.

Cade
06-11-2009, 10:48 AM
If people spam then why not delete a spammy post,or at least warn them.

10-tailedfox
06-11-2009, 10:48 AM

yeah lets say im new, helooooooooooooo come on now:roll:

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-11-2009, 10:49 AM
If people spam then why not delete a spammy post,or at least warn them.

Because the mods can't go around deleting/warning every time a spam post is made. Otherwise they would have no time to do anything else and still wouldn't get that done.

10-tailedfox
06-11-2009, 10:53 AM
:shock: where all gonna be doomed bacause of this, ppl are gonna be mad and the newbies are gonna be all like sad because they cant say what that want to say:cry::(:mad:

Tracer
06-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Because the mods can't go around deleting/warning every time a spam post is made. Otherwise they would have no time to do anything else and still wouldn't get that done.

This is true but you know he can always pay overtime and snaks out of his pocket so that the mods can stay up all day and night patrolling that forums and deleting that spam posts(might as well just delete the forum site altogether if that was the case)

But since he more then likely won't it goes to the "powers that be" to pay that and will they? (i think not we are in a economic depression! overtime is not something to payout like candy)

anyhow that is how i feel about that

Sage Mode
06-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the idea. I appreciate that you're coming up with solutions for your cause. I'm not sure that it would retroactively not count posts under 15 characters though.

I think we're probably going to stick with how things are at the moment.

10-tailedfox
06-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the idea. I appreciate that you're coming up with solutions for your cause. I'm not sure that it would retroactively not count posts under 15 characters though.

I think we're probably going to stick with how things are at the moment.
watever:roll:*mocks*I'm not sure that it would retoactively not count posts under 15 characters though. ok so well keep trying

TucanaTheToucan
06-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Sounds like a good idea, but I doubt it might work.

10-tailedfox
06-11-2009, 11:07 AM
hmm i have a question how many newbies do u have coming in evey day?

Sage Mode
06-11-2009, 11:09 AM
watever:roll:*mocks*I'm not sure that it would retoactively not count posts under 15 characters though. ok so well keep trying

Didn't anyone ever tell you mocking a mod will dock you 10 reputation points? :roll: :lol:

Keep trying at what?

TucanaTheToucan
06-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Then, I'd be careful about what I post to this forum while a moderator is active on a thread.
D'oh!

10-tailedfox
06-11-2009, 11:13 AM
im new here i do almost anything i want when it come to these types of topics, besides it not our fault we CARE jeez:cool:;)

Naruto
06-11-2009, 12:02 PM
There is already a 5 character limit.

<Aurega?>
06-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Didn't anyone ever tell you mocking a mod will dock you 10 reputation points? :roll: :lol:

Keep trying at what?

So what's required to GAIN 10 rep then? Flirting with you? xD

10-tailedfox
06-11-2009, 12:15 PM
l m a o AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA:!::!::D:D

Cade
06-11-2009, 12:22 PM
l m a o AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA:!::!::D:D
See this is what the people were talking about.

10-tailedfox
06-11-2009, 12:24 PM
ey it was sooo funny

Cade
06-11-2009, 12:28 PM
You've could of put"That was so funny" or some thing like that,but you didn't have to spam.

10-tailedfox
06-11-2009, 12:31 PM
opps srry nxt time ill umm u know

Tracer
06-11-2009, 12:35 PM
ey it was sooo funny

so funny that you had to express it in a way that even myself would say that is excessive see there is a point where i say too much is too much..?

now "LMAO" is okay to say when you find something funny but the "ahahah.." part now that is just a lame way to express yourself try using RP like this

LMAO! *points at you holding onto his stomic while he chuckles so hard he tears up*

now if you look at that i pretty much used up the same space as the "ahaha.." but replaced it so that you would have a mental image threw description now that makes more of an impact then typing such nonsence

thankyou this has been another point made by yours truely...

10-tailedfox
06-11-2009, 12:42 PM
so funny that you had to express it in a way that even myself would say that is excessive see there is a point where i say too much is too much..?

now "LMAO" is okay to say when you find something funny but the "ahahah.." part now that is just a lame way to express yourself try using RP like this

LMAO! *points at you holding onto his stomic while he chuckles so hard he tears up*

now if you look at that i pretty much used up the same space as the "ahaha.." but replaced it so that you would have a mental image threw description now that makes more of an impact then typing such nonsence

OK? thx

Tracer
06-11-2009, 12:50 PM
OK? thx
anytime... anytime i am here for everyone

madara'
06-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Uhhhhh.......

madara'
06-11-2009, 04:13 PM
.................OK.......

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-11-2009, 06:07 PM
You have to get probably more than 6000 posts to gain 10 Rep points or have a lotta people approve you.

Kuroda Taishi
06-11-2009, 06:12 PM
I think the mininmum is 5 characters, but im sure the mods could increase if they felt they needed to

<Aurega?>
06-12-2009, 03:02 AM
You have to get probably more than 6000 posts to gain 10 Rep points or have a lotta people approve you.

I was referring to what it takes to get the mods to give you positive rep for a post...

Tracer
06-12-2009, 03:05 AM
I was referring to what it takes to get the mods to give you positive rep for a post...

by not asking for it... also never "mok" them at all...

Naruto
06-12-2009, 08:44 AM

Nice point I would've given you rep points but it said, "You have to spread some rep around before giving it to Tracer again."

10-tailedfox
06-12-2009, 08:48 AM
lame!:roll:

Naruto
06-12-2009, 09:13 AM

You mean Rep Power.