PDA

View Full Version : Danzo the Pathetic One

Phariah824
04-29-2010, 10:59 AM
ok i have done a re-read recently and yes i thought Danzo was scum before. but after taking into account the Sasuke vs Danzo fight i have come to realize just how much of a selfish, pathetic, worm he truly is.

ok now while innocent villages are being slaughtered. regular ninja, anbu, Naruto's generation ninja, and the Hokage Tsunade are all fighting to defend the village, to aid each other and the injured, to protect the children. Danzo holds back the Root , hand picked elite ninja the cream of the anbu crop. he doesnt join the fight at all..... oh wait he killed a messenger toad woots what a tuff guy.

he did it to maintain his personal power base. the rest of the village would be decimated, there would be no one to stand against him in the aftermath. it wasnt for the better of the village it would be for his own greedy demented power mongering.

if he resleased the Root as soon as e knew of the attack, if he stood w/ Tsunade instead of beeing a whiney selfish brat they could have done some real good saved more lives and possibly took down a few more aspects of Pain ( considering Kohonamaru took 1 down, Kakashi and the Choji family did another )

and the real reason he didnt wanna do that is he would have to show he had all those sharringan and the first's dna implanted. he would have been linked to Orochimaru and the Uchiha clan massacre. he would have shown how much of a self serving idiot he truly was. so he made the choice of allowing innocent people to die in his place. just to maintain his secrets not for the betterment of the village and its people.

lol yup Danzo is a Pathetic Worm.

justinne14
04-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Danzo is a Pathetic Worm.
Agreed.`;)

historygeek5
04-29-2010, 11:43 AM
i danced when he died

Bohica
04-29-2010, 12:12 PM
While I am not Danzo fan and was glad when he died, I think you have misread his character. Holding back root during the Pein invasion was a pretty low and villianesk move. He definatly was not a pathetic worm. He was the antithisis of the ninja code. He did what he did to in his own mind bring peace to the ninja world. He believed it needed a strong leader who was willing to crush ones foes anyway and by anymeans.

Remember the 3rd ruled from the leafs shining in the sun, and he was the roots doing all the dirty work necessary for the leafs above to live.

Was he a jerk yes, was he meant to be a villian of sorts yes, was a he pathetic or worm like no.

Tourune
04-29-2010, 12:46 PM
im just crying right now

Ellie
04-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Yeah true i agree with most things youve said but i dont think danzo was that evil really because he was trying to do whats best for his village but the way he did it wasnt very good lol but they way i see it is that he really just wanted to help his village and be acknowledge by his rival and the person he looks up to the most and thats hiruzen (3rd hokage:D) and in the end i was quite sad that he died but in the end i think that he realized what he did was wrong....
(Last Words) "Hiruzen... it looks like it's my turn next... but I... never did become Hokage... no matter how far I went I could never catch up with you... you are the leaves bathing in the sun. I... am the roots that grow in the dark."

ShikamaruGenius
04-29-2010, 02:33 PM
While I am not Danzo fan and was glad when he died, I think you have misread his character. Holding back root during the Pein invasion was a pretty low and villianesk move. He definatly was not a pathetic worm. He was the antithisis of the ninja code. He did what he did to in his own mind bring peace to the ninja world. He believed it needed a strong leader who was willing to crush ones foes anyway and by anymeans.

Remember the 3rd ruled from the leafs shining in the sun, and he was the roots doing all the dirty work necessary for the leafs above to live.

Was he a jerk yes, was he meant to be a villian of sorts yes, was a he pathetic or worm like no.

I'm supporting this. I couldn't said it better myself. now I have nothing else to add xD!!! ha well

during the pain invasion arc: here's my thought

When he killed the toad, you know what that's mean? He was ready to give his life for the sake of keeping Naruto far from Konoha. Why? Not because he loved naruto.. Danzo was probably one of them who perfectly knew what was the meaning of Losing the kyubi. What do you think would had happened if Naruto never came back.. Danzo and is root would had probably battled pain together. Until the end. cause for him, it was the best choice! I'm not overthinking.. They were no issues at that time, they couldn't all flee. Hell no, Danzo would Never do this cause Konoha is the thing he love the most! Why would he send his men to die recklessly everywhere when he can keep it and be stronger when the times come! (strategist).

On his last moments in the show, he showed up a personality that seriously made me change my minds about him. from his point, he was the one who could actually make an end on this.(he was wrong) but still..

I thought no one would say such words after reading his last moments..

for me, danzo was the Perfect Bad good character .Unlike Sasuke! Rest in peace :mrgreen:

slyfoxx
04-29-2010, 02:54 PM

i disagree he was pathetic he did all the things he did out of jealeousy, nothing more pathetic than to wish u had others powers, oh wait stealing them is more pathetic.Naruto didnt go get a sharingan, he got stronger.thanx danzo your pettieness destroyed konaha jerk!!!!!!!`#(`#(`#(
oh yell the only dirty work he did was team up with enemies(hanzo and oro) and try to overthrow the hokage he was never goin to earn the title.

Tourune
04-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah true i agree with most things youve said but i dont think danzo was that evil really because he was trying to do whats best for his village but the way he did it wasnt very good lol but they way i see it is that he really just wanted to help his village and be acknowledge by his rival and the person he looks up to the most and thats hiruzen (3rd hokage:D) and in the end i was quite sad that he died but in the end i think that he realized what he did was wrong....
(Last Words) "Hiruzen... it looks like it's my turn next... but I... never did become Hokage... no matter how far I went I could never catch up with you... you are the leaves bathing in the sun. I... am the roots that grow in the dark."
thank u

Phariah824
04-29-2010, 03:15 PM
there is no way Danzo and Root would have battled Pain later. they were gonna stay in their hole and wait for the end and pop out and be like hey we are the strongest faction now and we are gonna take control. Tsunade was weak she let the village be destroyed so i am gonna take over as Hokage.

he didnt care about Naruto ... he only cared about the Kyuubi .. the weapon thats all.

the best time for him to have taken action would have been from the start. if Kakashi and Konahamaru could take 2 aspects what do u think would have happened if he acted like a man and helped Tsunade and had Root help also?

it wasn't a strategy for the better of the village it was strategy for his own grasp for power.most of the ninja that followed the "will of fire" belief would have died fighting pain and most likely Tsunade. it would have cleared a path for Danzo to take over. there would be no strong opposition against him.

he is pathetic because he let his greed, jealously, and insecurities rule him. for all of his power if he displayed the sharrigan and wood style jutsu everyone would of known him as a scavenger, living off the dead of his own village. desecrating their own dead, for his own personal gain.

deidara330
04-29-2010, 03:52 PM
ok i have done a re-read recently and yes i thought Danzo was scum before. but after taking into account the Sasuke vs Danzo fight i have come to realize just how much of a selfish, pathetic, worm he truly is.

ok now while innocent villages are being slaughtered. regular ninja, anbu, Naruto's generation ninja, and the Hokage Tsunade are all fighting to defend the village, to aid each other and the injured, to protect the children. Danzo holds back the Root , hand picked elite ninja the cream of the anbu crop. he doesnt join the fight at all..... oh wait he killed a messenger toad woots what a tuff guy.

He killed the messenger frog to keep Naruto out of the battle. He thought that Pain would capture Naruto, obtain the power of the biju inside him, and become one step closer to controlling the world and destroying the Leaf Village. Danzo didn't want that to happen. Tsunade wanted Naruto to reinforce their ninja, and she recently brought up the point that they would be a great asset in the war. However, the other Kages all agree that since it would risk losing them, they should be kept in hiding. It was, after all, a war to protect them. Putting them out on the front lines quite frankly doesn't make sense, as this greatly increases their risk of capture. Danzo likely thought the same way when Tsunade sent for Naruto, and went to drastic measures to make sure it didn't happen.

he did it to maintain his personal power base. the rest of the village would be decimated, there would be no one to stand against him in the aftermath. it wasnt for the better of the village it would be for his own greedy demented power mongering.

Greedy? No. Demented? Possibly. But he didn't wish the destruction of the entire village. He calculated that Tsunade's healing powers would keep a large enough amount of villagers alive for there to still be a village for him to rule. He wanted to become the Kage of the village instead of Tsunade. In his personal belief, Tsunade is weak. She doesn't enforce the strict rules and disciplines necessary to make good ninja, and she doesn't use the means necessary to achieve the village's safety, in the opinion of Danzo. He believed that even if the village were to be half destroyed, with him being the Kage it would be much better protected than under the leadership of Tsunade. It had nothing to do with a need or obsession for power.

if he resleased the Root as soon as e knew of the attack, if he stood w/ Tsunade instead of beeing a whiney selfish brat they could have done some real good saved more lives and possibly took down a few more aspects of Pain ( considering Kohonamaru took 1 down, Kakashi and the Choji family did another )

Whiny selfish brat? How? If he'd stood with Tsunade, instead of preventing Naruto's return, Naruto could be captured right now. Half of the moves Naruto used during his fight with Pain were so large and destructive they would've hurt or even killed bystanding shinobi, and Naruto would never have risked that. If Danzo had attacked with Tsunade, it could've just as easily not done anything effective. Madara quite easily two down two of ROOT's best operatives, and Sai himself is nothing special. No one in the Leaf Village could've defeated the Deva path of Pain, no matter how many people they could send out.

and the real reason he didnt wanna do that is he would have to show he had all those sharringan and the first's dna implanted. he would have been linked to Orochimaru and the Uchiha clan massacre. he would have shown how much of a self serving idiot he truly was. so he made the choice of allowing innocent people to die in his place. just to maintain his secrets not for the betterment of the village and its people.

Woah woah woah no. Danzo is not nearly stupid enough to reveal his Sharingarm, Shisui's Sharingan, and Hashirama's DNA in a fight such as that. Never. He isn't self-serving, he only did all of those things for the betterment of the village. He went over to Orochimaru to obtain the means to defend the village. He only ever used the Sharingan on his arm against Sasuke Uchiha, who is quite obviously one of the biggest threats the Leaf Village has ever known. His means were obviously wrong, but he did intend to keep the village protected.

lol yup Danzo is a Pathetic Worm.You completely misunderstand Danzo's intentions. Danzo did order Sasuke classified as a Missing-Nin, and to be killed. This is not a bad thing. Sasuke, at his current power level, could quite easily defeat anyone in the Leaf Village in a one on one fight, besides possibly Naruto. And even now we don't know his true power, having recently taken his brother's eyes. Danzo tried multiple times to kill Sasuke, or have Sasuke killed. Even in his final moments, he made mention that he believed himself to be the only person to be able to effectively protect the Leaf Village, and was willing to keep himself alive no matter what the cost. Danzo's methods were clearly not the best of methods, but he only used those methods because he wanted to protect the Leaf Village.

Hidden Ninja45
04-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Awesome thread. I hadn't thought all that much into some of those things you said. Now I have even more reasons to dislike Danzo.