PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Awards

Cade
06-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Do you think there can be awards for members on this site long as it contains no flaming.

Boku
06-09-2009, 04:43 PM
flaming will only be the end result, i mean look at the rep system.

Toma RNK
06-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Awards make one person feel good and so are fun.

Sadly, people around here get their feelings hurt easily and most award/recognition threads make many people upset and or have their feelings hurt.

The custom rank thread was a great example of that.

I just don't know that it is POSSIBLE to do what you propose.

Sage Mode
06-09-2009, 04:44 PM
I give this thread the Most Likely To Make People Cry award

itachi/madara
06-09-2009, 05:06 PM

I SO second that

deidara330
06-09-2009, 05:12 PM
I SO second that
I third it.

Luna Mikazuki
06-09-2009, 05:37 PM
I forth it (if that is even possible)

Toma RNK
06-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Raises hand "Fifth*

Though the most likely crier will be the original poster.

Luna Mikazuki
06-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Yes that is true
*sits down*

Raiden
06-09-2009, 05:46 PM
i can't belive people will cry becise of Awards

Cade
06-10-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm not crying,I'm happy:D

SRhyse
06-10-2009, 04:12 PM
I like the idea, and it is doable, but I agree with what's been said. It'd partition the users into the 'haves' and the 'have-nots,' so it'd be a sticky situation.

I do like the concept, however, and it is very doable.

Soccer Ninja 21
06-10-2009, 04:15 PM
I agree (sixth). I doubt it would be possible, good thought besides that fact though.

SRhyse
06-10-2009, 04:19 PM
I agree (sixth). I doubt it would be possible, good thought besides that fact though.
No no, it's very possible and rather easy for me to do, so don't let that influence your decision.

It's easy, it's just potentially segregating.

Soccer Ninja 21
06-10-2009, 04:21 PM
I mean't it would be impossible to do without any flaming, people would just get to caught up in it and feelings may be hurt.

Nick Tasogare
06-10-2009, 06:31 PM
yea, i like the idea of awards, but many people get upset over the idea, some of us had our ranks changed because of wanting to proove a point, or complaining (i made a point with my rank for the record) i can and cant understand why people get upset. on one hand, the person with the rank did something to deserve it, and people wanting one just for the sake of having one is kinda ridiculous, but then, on the other hand, people get jealous and envious, and it makes them upset that other people are in the position to recieve awards, and so they complain.

Rogue Priestess
06-10-2009, 10:56 PM
yea, i like the idea of awards, but many people get upset over the idea, some of us had our ranks changed because of wanting to proove a point, or complaining (i made a point with my rank for the record) i can and cant understand why people get upset. on one hand, the person with the rank did something to deserve it, and people wanting one just for the sake of having one is kinda ridiculous, but then, on the other hand, people get jealous and envious, and it makes them upset that other people are in the position to recieve awards, and so they complain.

It's only human nature to want to be able to have the things you can't get, anyone in the world who's ever lived must admit that they've wanted what other people have.

I just noticed that you have your rank as jonin schmandidate or something, how'd you get that? Don't worry i'm not being envious, I'm just curious.

Life AKA Death
06-10-2009, 10:57 PM
agreed

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-10-2009, 11:05 PM
It's only human nature to want to be able to have the things you can't get, anyone in the world who's ever lived must admit that they've wanted what other people have.

I just noticed that you have your rank as jonin schmandidate or something, how'd you get that? Don't worry i'm not being envious, I'm just curious.
She asked the mods to be reduced a rank lower than Academy Student.

Rogue Priestess
06-10-2009, 11:11 PM
She asked the mods to be reduced a rank lower than Academy Student.

-_- i didn't know that was possible ...

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-10-2009, 11:38 PM
-_- i didn't know that was possible ...
It was......someone else got his rank to "Madame-Spams-A-Lot" for aobut a day or so.

Rogue Priestess
06-10-2009, 11:40 PM
It was......someone else got his rank to "Madame-Spams-A-Lot" for aobut a day or so.

So some people can have temporary custom ranks? I did not know that.

Ashen
06-10-2009, 11:56 PM
I know of plenty of other sites that allow for custom rank messages. Just because there are complainers here, doesn't mean the mods should completely drop the Ax on the idea like it sounds like they have. In fact I think it'd be interesting to have it tied to the reputation system, to keep people from post grinding to get it.

Naruto
06-11-2009, 08:56 AM

People become jealous when they don't get something and someone else does.

Sage Mode
06-11-2009, 11:08 AM
I know of plenty of other sites that allow for custom rank messages. Just because there are complainers here, doesn't mean the mods should completely drop the Ax on the idea like it sounds like they have. In fact I think it'd be interesting to have it tied to the reputation system, to keep people from post grinding to get it.

My main issue is that people are clamoring for custom ranks before they've gone up the normal rank ladder. No one has even been made a Jonin or Jonin Leader yet. Also, the flood of PM requests...

madara'
06-11-2009, 11:10 AM
There should be awards.

Raiden
06-11-2009, 11:11 AM
hey i need help, i can't find none of the jutsu shop's, somebody told me i need to repost all of my clan's jutsu, need help finding the right shop to put up my jutsu

madara'
06-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Why would they not have awards?

Boku
06-11-2009, 11:13 AM
does it matter, i mean come on.

Cade
06-11-2009, 11:16 AM
You don't see Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana arging over thaat they should have won the diseney award.You don't see Beyonce or Mary J Bliege arguing over that they should have won the best R&B singer,so why not have awards.

Boku
06-11-2009, 11:17 AM
You don't see Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana arging over thaat they should have won the diseney award.You don't see Beyonce or Mary J Bliege arguing over that they should have won the best R&B singer,so why not have awards.

i guess people come here for different reasons. oh and they have, maybe not them, but it has happened many many times before with other famous people.

10-tailedfox
06-11-2009, 11:26 AM
:eek:yeah i liek the idea

princezzhinata
06-28-2009, 04:17 AM
i can't belive people will cry becise of Awards

lolz,I know right

princezzhinata
06-28-2009, 04:19 AM

Well...I think they do this to get more famous

Windking
06-28-2009, 05:44 AM
im the seventh one who agrees...

waterlemon-chi
06-28-2009, 06:16 AM
8th here. ^^