PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Multiple instances of moderators.

Toma RNK
04-08-2009, 10:07 AM
All subforums have all mods listed twice.
[Edit: make that all forums and subforums.]

This is because you three are all specifically given forum permissions as mods AND you are global moderators.

This means one of the two settings is overriding the other. I am not sure which but it seems redundant and possibly problematic if you ever want to change the mods permissions.

I respectfully submit that you should remove the individual permissions in all forums and set up the global moderator group settings to achieve the results you need.

It certainly is not a problem now, but could become one later.

SRhyse
04-08-2009, 02:32 PM
This means one of the two settings is overriding the other. I am not sure which but it seems redundant and possibly problematic if you ever want to change the mods permissions.

I respectfully submit that you should remove the individual permissions in all forums and set up the global moderator group settings to achieve the results you need.

It certainly is not a problem now, but could become one later.
That pretty much sums it up, but there is an odd thing about it-

We've been set up that way since the beginning, and it only started listing us twice after I got a system error after banning a user. Hopefully what you suggested will clear it up, but it's still peculiar.

Toma RNK
04-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Depends on if you banned from the MCP or the ACP. If you banned from the ACP then beats me. If from the MCP then the ban forced a permissions lookup through the MCP .php code which in turn revalidated forum permissions. It then ADDED the new global moderators and had a hiccup.

Toma RNK
04-09-2009, 10:12 AM
It is better in many place but in this feedback forum the multiple instances is getting worse.

Feedback Forum

Moderators: SRhyse, Sage Mode, Lightning Chakra, Sage Mode, SRhyse, Lightning Chakra, SRhyse, Sage Mode, Lightning Chakra, Sage Mode, SRhyse, Lightning Chakra

Sage Mode
04-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Yes, this happened after getting an error in the ACP. I'll see what I can do...

Toma RNK
04-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Yes, this happened after getting an error in the ACP. I'll see what I can do...

I am not concerned so long as you guys have permissions to do what you need to do. I just always liked to have any info I could when I was troubleshooting my forums.

Sage Mode
04-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks. I think it just looks weird and unpleasant.