trofet
04-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Rock Lee vs Neji

Place: Open field.

75feet

They don't have knowledge about each other

naruto_jock
04-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Neji because he has the gentle fist. If Neji was any other dude, Rock Lee all the way, but Neji is a genius with the gentle fist.

Sasuke 32
04-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Probably Lee, assuming he's faster than before. Neji can't stop his chakra if he can't hit them... of course he could always use rotation when Lee gets close to stop him.

Vivi
04-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Rock Lee vs Neji

Place: Open field.

Distance?

Daybreak
04-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Distance?

Excactly, IMO a lot of this match-up comes down to the starting specs.

At a mid to longer type range I believe that Lee takes this one because it would provide him with ample time to open multiple gates before Neji would be able to hit him. And lee with 3+ gates open should be fast enough to beat up neji without neji landing a blow on him.

However at a close distance lee would not be given enough time to open any of his gates, meaning that in a straight up battle of taijutsu, i think that neji would win. While lee may be a little faster, neji will still be able to land some gentle fist hits on lee as long as lee is in base, rendering lee useless. So Neji would win in this circumstance.

However because you havn't given a specific distance yet then i will go by default settings. Which means that the characters start 30 paces away (approx. 30 feet). So by this distance I say that lee would have enough time to open up some of his gates, giving him a large speed advantage over neji, ultimately allowing lee to win the fight. However if you change the specs then my answer may differ.

Tourune
04-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Neji he attacks from a distance now so lee cant really touch him + rotation

trofet
04-15-2010, 01:09 PM
What about now ;)..

I don't think Lee will just enter gates, because he doesn't have knowledge about Neji

Daybreak
04-15-2010, 01:16 PM
With the way you changed the original specs its pretty much a toss up, it would all come down to whether or not Lee used gates before entering hand-to-hand combat with negi. If he opens gates he wins. If he doesn't, he loses.

Based on the previous fights we've seen with Lee he never started out by using gates, so without knowledge of negi (btw i really like that stipulation :)) he prolly won't enter gates until its too late. So now i say negi wins.

kejon16
04-15-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm going too give this one too Lee. Wait does he have weight's on when he start's or not. If he doesnt have the weight's on. I think neji would win maybe. You all are forgeting that Lee with out weight's on can get though graara's sand sheild right. So Lee I think can win if he doesnt start with his weight's on. If he does well then Neji would have a good chance at beating him. And even if neji does hit him. The gate's give Lee more charka right. So more or less i really think Lee win's.

original uchiha
04-15-2010, 01:42 PM
depends on the things lee does if he takes off weight before fight
or opens gates lee takes it. until then neji wins

Akatsuki X
04-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Neji he attacks from a distance now so lee cant really touch him + rotation

Both of them are close-combat fighters
why would Neji attack from a distance?

Akatsuki X
04-15-2010, 01:44 PM
I have to give this to Neji
Lee would probably attack him without gates since he had never been shown to start a battle by entering gates.

Since he has no knowledge of Neji, then he is unaware that Neji can simply close his chakra points and make entering gates impossible.

BUt if they had knowledge about each other, I say Lee.

Sasuke 32
04-15-2010, 01:51 PM
BUt if they had knowledge about each other, I say Lee.

Wait, they've fought before and they were teammates for the longest time, so shouldn't they have sufficient knowledge on each other.

Akatsuki X
04-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Wait, they've fought before and they were teammates for the longest time, so shouldn't they have sufficient knowledge on each other.

The rules of the battle state that they don't.

Sasuke 32
04-15-2010, 01:53 PM
The rules of the battle state that they don't.

Oh, he changed the rules since I last looked

Phoenix Wright
04-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Please don't start Neji vs Lee again, was this intentional? So who are we waiting for now? ByakuganAlex, maybe add some [Shikamaru] in there...

Kazumi Saitama
04-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Neji would probably win, though Lee would not be an easy opponent. Lee is fast, Neji would have to keep up.

SageoftheSixPaths
04-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Neji would probably win, though Lee would not be an easy opponent. Lee is fast, Neji would have to keep up.
If Lee opens the 4th Gate he can blitz Neji. Neji's got good tanking feats, but he can't take a Hidden Lotus barrage from Lee in the 4th Gate and still stand.

With that said, once Lee goes 4th Gate that's the only attack he'll get. His body will collapse on him and he won't be able to fight. Thus, I'd go with a draw, unless you count Neji going unconscious a second or two before Lee to be a Lee win.

Tourune
04-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Both of them are close-combat fighters
why would Neji attack from a distance?
Air palm

321zigzag1
04-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Rock Lee and Neji instead of fighting, combine their assets to take out Sasuke Uchiha in order to become the new main protagonists.

SageoftheSixPaths
04-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Rock Lee and Neji instead of fighting, combine their assets to take out Sasuke Uchiha in order to become the new main protagonists.
Neither have shown Genjutsu resistance. Shackling Stakes, GG. `:P

321zigzag1
04-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Neither have shown Genjutsu resistance. Shackling Stakes, GG. `:P

Rock Lee uses his power of Youth and Neji uses Byakuyan newly developed defense shenanigans to counter genjutsu.

Also Shackling Stakes prevent from someone taking over your mind.

So its the wrong technique here.

SageoftheSixPaths
04-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Rock Lee uses his power of Youth and Neji uses Byakuyan newly developed defense shenanigans to counter genjutsu.

Also Shackling Stakes prevent from someone taking over your mind.

So its the wrong technique here.
Nah, Itachi used it against Orochimaru when he was just standing there and had him wrapped up in a snake. It's used for mental and physical immobilization.

And the Sauce turns into a Hitsugaya/ Sasuke mutant combo at plots Neji and Lee to death.

321zigzag1
04-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Nah, Itachi used it against Orochimaru when he was just standing there and had him wrapped up in a snake. It's used for mental and physical immobilization.

And the Sauce turns into a Hitsugaya/ Sasuke mutant combo at plots Neji and Lee to death.

Thats because Orochimaru tried to takeover his Itachi that moment. It was implied.

Sasuke cannot go outside his universe.

Lee goes gates and Neji goes Mangekyou Byakugan and soloes Sasuke.

Akatsuki X
04-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Thats because Orochimaru tried to takeover his Itachi that moment. It was implied.

Sasuke cannot go outside his universe.

Lee goes gates and Neji goes Mangekyou Byakugan and soloes Sasuke.

And then all of a sudden

Hinata reveals that the reason she always wears sleeves

is because she had hidden byukugans implanted onto her arm
and she can prevent death for 20 MINUTES!!!!

ohh and use wood style.

`:shock:

Kazumi Saitama
04-15-2010, 10:39 PM
If Lee opens the 4th Gate he can blitz Neji. Neji's got good tanking feats, but he can't take a Hidden Lotus barrage from Lee in the 4th Gate and still stand.

With that said, once Lee goes 4th Gate that's the only attack he'll get. His body will collapse on him and he won't be able to fight. Thus, I'd go with a draw, unless you count Neji going unconscious a second or two before Lee to be a Lee win.

True, but I doubt Neji would give Lee time to open any gates. If Lee opens gates, we all know he would win.

UGK
04-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Does Neji's speed even match Lee's without the weights? If not, then Lee wins since all of Neji's moves are taijutsu/very close range attacks. Even if Neji tries to use his spinning move, Lee will probably hit him before he activates the move.

Phoenix Wright
04-15-2010, 10:51 PM
If Lee goes gates Neji can't do a thing. I hate Neji vs Lee threads, damn Neji wankers..

UGK
04-15-2010, 10:54 PM
What about without weights? I'm pretty sure weightless Lee is faster than Neji.

Yellow Flash
04-15-2010, 10:57 PM
If Lee goes gates Neji can't do a thing. I hate Neji vs Lee threads, damn Neji wankers..
Neji wankers are the worst.

Phoenix Wright
04-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Yes they are. Also people think Neji is fairly fast, most Narutoverse characters and current ones that are actually important can blitz Neji fairly easily, so UGK weightless Lee is definitely faster, Naruto beat him while Saucegay was faster than Weightless Lee, he fought Gaara.

As we know Lee>Neji so there's the not important Neji's standpoint.

Lady Tsunade
04-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Lee only uses Gates when in a tight spot. With no knowledge hes going to rush in and attack Neji. Base Neji is stronger and perhaps faster than Rock Lee. He may get A)Fired away with Rotation or B)Struck somewhere Vital by Gentle Fist.

If Lee manages to go Gates Form ,the match may have different results.

Akatsuki X
04-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Lee only uses Gates when in a tight spot. With no knowledge hes going to rush in and attack Neji. Base Neji is stronger and perhaps faster than Rock Lee. He may get A)Fired away with Rotation or B)Struck somewhere Vital by Gentle Fist.

Yeah this is what I was trying to say before, but more presented better.

Kazumi Saitama
04-16-2010, 12:44 PM

I totally agree with her. Though, I think Lee without his weights would probably be faster than Neji. Solely based on Taijutsu, Neji's Taijutsu is greater than Lee's.

Yellow Flash
04-16-2010, 12:45 PM
I totally agree with her. Though, I think Lee without his weights would probably be faster than Neji. Solely based on Taijutsu, Neji's Taijutsu is greater than Lee's.
On how affective yes, but on overall taijutsu, Lee's is better.

Kazumi Saitama
04-16-2010, 12:50 PM
On how affective yes, but on overall taijutsu, Lee's is better.

The effectiveness of Taijutsu is what matters. Yes, Lee's Taijutsu is probably better than Neji's but Neji's does more damage. Therefore, his outweighs Lee's.

Yellow Flash
04-16-2010, 12:53 PM
The effectiveness of Taijutsu is what matters. Yes, Lee's Taijutsu is probably better than Neji's but Neji's does more damage. Therefore, his outweighs Lee's.
No chakra flow but still ability to use taijutsu<Knocked out ....

Phoenix Wright
04-16-2010, 12:53 PM

Actually rotation isn't as powerful as many say it is, if Lee attacks it, it could very well break if Lee's kick is more powerful than the amount of chakra Neji spams rotation with.

He can't use rotation over and over, and it's not invulnerable. Lee could break it, or get around it just as he got around Gaara's sand. Gaara beat the Forest of Death exam without getting a scratch, Lee actually had some trouble but Pre Lee still>Gaara. Naruto broke Neji's rotation with a kunai, just to note.

Kazumi Saitama
04-16-2010, 12:58 PM
No chakra flow but still ability to use taijutsu<Knocked out ....

You know, you have a point. Since Lee doesn't possess Genjutsu or Ninjutsu, would Neji's Taijutsu even effect him? o.o

I mean, if Lee used his Eight Gates, then Neji's Taijutsu would be effective, but then Neji wouldn't even be able to touch him.

Kazumi Saitama
04-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Actually rotation isn't as powerful as many say it is, if Lee attacks it, it could very well break if Lee's kick is more powerful than the amount of chakra Neji spams rotation with.

He can't use rotation over and over, and it's not invulnerable. Lee could break it, or get around it just as he got around Gaara's sand. Gaara beat the Forest of Death exam without getting a scratch, Lee actually had some trouble but Pre Lee still>Gaara. Naruto broke Neji's rotation with a kunai, just to note.

Technically, we have not seen how much force Neji's Eight Trigram Palm Rotation can or can not take.

Daybreak
04-16-2010, 01:46 PM
You know, you have a point. Since Lee doesn't possess Genjutsu or Ninjutsu, would Neji's Taijutsu even effect him? o.o

I mean, if Lee used his Eight Gates, then Neji's Taijutsu would be effective, but then Neji wouldn't even be able to touch him.

Gentle fist also damages internal organs, so ya it would still severly damage lee.

Phoenix Wright
04-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Technically, we have not seen how much force Neji's Eight Trigram Palm Rotation can or can not take.
What? Its as much chakra as Neji could put into it. If Naruto attacks with Rasengan and the Rasengan has more chakra put into it than Rotation its done for, physical attacks as well like Kicks or Punches.

Kazumi Saitama
04-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Gentle fist also damages internal organs, so ya it would still severly damage lee.

Oh true. Gentle Fist attacks the chakra network, which is so closely intertwined with several internal organs. :o

What? Its as much chakra as Neji could put into it. If Naruto attacks with Rasengan and the Rasengan has more chakra put into it than Rotation its done for, physical attacks as well like Kicks or Punches.

But those are only speculations that we have yet to see. It is safe to assume, that an attack with more concentrated chakra would be able to break Rotation, but we have not seen that just yet. Therefore, we actually can not say. Both Rotation and the Rasengan are A ranked jutsu.

Windstorm
04-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Alright, I kind of skimmed through this...I don't really have the time to read everything in complete detail however.

Anyways, I'll start off with saying that Neji is one of my favorite characters...BUT, I don't think he would win against Lee.

This isn't about who is a better shinobi...it's about who's the better fighter, and let's face it, Lee is all about fighting. What else does he have to show for himself? XD

Lee wouldn't be able to beat Neji without unlocking gates, that's for sure. Gates are Lee's trump card...though he seems to rely on them quite heavily.

This battle really comes down to two scenarios:

1. Lee opens multiple gates at once, Neji keeps up for a bit, but is overwhelmed. This seems less likely than the following option.

2. Lee takes his time opening gates, the battle becomes a test of stamina with Neji resisting all attacks untill Lee releases a sufficiently high gate. I view this as the more likely option given both character's personalities. This would all change if they are bloodlusted however.

Neji could win if Lee's stamina gives out prematurely, but I feel that Lee stands a good chance of taking him down before then.

I would also like to note that the gates are chakra gates. Others may have said this, but Neji might be able to close them back up once Lee opens them. Of course there's no way of knowing. It does make sense however...

This is also a non-provable opinion, but I don't believe that the slower character is unable to defend against the other's attacks. Neji has proven to be skilled at intercepting and dodging attacks; just because he cannot run/fly/skip/whatever as fast as other characters doesn't mean that he can't avoid or impede their attacks.

HeavenShocking LunarFang7
04-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Rock Lee, if he can use his real speed. I'm pretty sure Neji's Buakugon can't keep up with Lee's speed. But, if they can, then Neji all the way.